Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Durasteel-560B

Untitled.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create an incredibly-strong alloy for starship construction
Image Source: N/A
Primary Source: x

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Name: Durasteel-560B
Manufacturer: Scarlett Industries
Affiliation: Closed Market
Production: Mass-Produced
Modularity: No
Material: Doonium, Durasteel [Lommite, Carbon, Meleenium, Neutronium, Zersium]

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Alloy
Weight: Very Heavy
Resistances:
Blasters: Very High
Kinetic: Very High
Lightsabers: Extremely Light
Ion/EMP: Extremely Light
Sonic: Average
Other:
Low
Color: Dark Metallic Grey

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Durasteel-560B provides a ship with protection from Blasters but more importantly, Kinetic and Physical damage
Strengths:
  • Solid as Solid can be: Often stacked layers upon layers of itself making it the sledgehammer of capital ship alloys
  • Hard Nut to Crack: Durasteel 560B is resistant to all conventional forms of anti-capital damage, and is resistant to space hazards as well (micrometeors, asteroids, etc.)
Weaknesses:
  • Minimum Size: The protective nature of Durasteel 560B makes it extremely heavy, and that means that it is not feasible to be used on small spacecraft such as light freighters, starfighters, or shuttles.
  • Wearing Down: Although it is highly resistant, continuous damage of any sort will wear down its effectiveness.
DESCRIPTION
Scarlett Zann needed an extra durable alloy for an ambitious ship design. The alloy needed to not only to take a hit from incoming blasters and missiles, but blunt physical and kinetic damage as well. Ion, emp, and lightsabers did not matter because by the time these were used against the ship she had in mind, it already be over kill. Basically, this alloy is the standard for her ramming ships.

T E R R A R I S - C O M M A N D
Factory Judge
Scarlett Zann Scarlett Zann

Very interesting material, however I found many serious problems:
  • Firstly it is obvious you copied nearly the entire submission from Kiff's formerly one. You made many changes, so I'll not deny the submission. But you have to rework it.
  • For example the entire template is old and out-dated. This is the current one, so please rework the submission by this.
  • Not to mention, please rework the Strength and Weakness list, to look even less like the original than it is now. You can gain inspire from other's submission, but you have to write your own. If you want to keep these, please ask Kiff's permission.

And because these are lot of work, I move the submission into the pre-Factory. If you finished the edits, you have to repost the sub in the Technology section.

And if you need any help, you can ask me in this submission, I'll help.

Very interesting material, however I found many serious problems:
  • Firstly it is obvious you copied nearly the entire submission from Kiff's formerly one. You made many changes, so I'll not deny the submission. But you have to rework it.
I listed his as my primary source.
  • For example the entire template is old and out-dated. This is the current one, so please rework the submission by this.
Will do.
  • Not to mention, please rework the Strength and Weakness list, to look even less like the original than it is now. You can gain inspire from other's submission, but you have to write your own. If you want to keep these, please ask Kiff's permission.
I felt like I completely changed the Strength and Weakness list to what I was seeking, or are you talking changing it format wise?

Untitled.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Alloy
  • Weight: Extremely Heavy
  • Color: Grey Metallic almost Charcoal
  • Resistances:
    • Blasters: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Lightsabers: Extremely Low
    • Ion/EMP: Extremely Low
    • Sonic: Average
    • Other: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Durasteel-560B provides a ship with protection from Blasters but more importantly, Kinetic and Physical damage.
STRENGTHS
  • Solid as Solid can be: Often stacked layers upon layers of itself making it the sledgehammer of capital ship alloys
  • Hard Nut to Crack: Durasteel 560B is resistant to all conventional forms of anti-capital damage as well a raw Physical damage.
WEAKNESSES
  • Not for the little guys. Ships smaller then a corvette should not use this material as it is too heavy.
  • Strong, but not impenetrable. Continuous damage of any type will eventually bleed through over time.
DESCRIPTION
Scarlett Zann needed an extra durable alloy for an ambitious ship design. The alloy needed to not only to take a hit from incoming blasters and missiles, but blunt physical and kinetic damage as well. Ion, EMP, and lightsabers did not matter because by the time these were used against the ship she had in mind, it already be over kill. Basically, this alloy is the standard for her ramming ships.

Last edited:
Factory Judge
I listed his as my primary source.

I know, but this does not mean, you can copy the entire sub, if it is a canon thing from the Wookieepedia, well feel free to copy it. But this is another player's work. So you can gain inspiration from it to create your sub. If you want to keep his things, you have to ask his permission to do so.

I know, but this does not mean, you can copy the entire sub, if it is a canon thing from the Wookieepedia, well feel free to copy it. But this is another player's work. So you can gain inspiration from it to create your sub. If you want to keep his things, you have to ask his permission to do so.
Will do, I thought I had changed enough of it to be my own. Anyway, the bottom post is it completely re-done with the correct formatting and me changing things up alot more. Lmk.

Factory Judge
  • Lightsabers: Extremely Light
  • Ion/EMP: Extremely Light

These are not resistances, but weight ratings.

WEAKNESSES
  • Minimum Size: The protective nature of Durasteel 560B makes it extremely heavy, and that means that it is not feasible to be used on small spacecraft such as light freighters, starfighters, or shuttles.
  • Wearing Down: Although it is highly resistant, continuous damage of any sort will wear down its effectiveness.

And these are still literally the same what Kiff wrote in his submission.

Factory Judge

Actually I can, because I'm not counted the ratings. I just gave you advices. And the "extremely low" rating here is "none".
So if you feel it is ready, post the thread again in the Tech section with the good and edited template.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom