Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Duniya

Status
Not open for further replies.
qocavd.jpg

14y38sk.png

Name: Duniya

Region: Unknown regions
System: Duniya system
Suns: One main sequence yellow star, unnamed
Orbital Position: Habitable zone
Moons: One natural moon, Duniya One, and one asteroid caught in Duniya's orbit, adopted as the second moon Duniya II
System Features: Only one other planet in the system, the gas giant Jawsna and it's six airless and pretty much useless moons.
Coordinates: Northeast of Thexoll, on the edge of the galaxy
Rotational Period: 27 hours
Orbital Period: 285 local days

Class: Teresstial
Diameter: 13,029 km at equator
Atmosphere: Type I, oxygen rich
Climate: Tropical
Gravity: 1.3 standard
Primary Terrain: Tropical rainforest

Native Species: To be submitted
Immigrated Species: None
Primary Languages: No sentient life
Government: No sentient life
Population: No sentient life
Demonym: Duniyan
Major Imports: No sentient life
Major Exports: No sentient life, historically gemstones
Affiliation: No sentient life

Major Locations: Duhu Fitad, The Honeycomb, More to be submitted.
Culture: No sentient life
Technology: No sentient life
History: The planet had been mostly unexplored until 378ABY due to an odd amount of dangerous gravity wells that surrounded the system. Explorers eventually found the system, and the only safe route through the gravity wells, however and begun to explore the world. The explorers named both planets, and explored Duniya in detail, naming each of it's continents and landmarks and mapping the terrain, all the while in search of resources that may make the planet useful for settlement. They were ready to leave the planet with their newly made maps, with no found resources, when they discovered the vast deposits of a unique gemstone (to be submitted) in the mountain ranges of the planet. It wasn't long before miners began to arrive in the system.

Miners, and guards to repel the planet's vicious creatures from the mines, soon began to make small settlements in the mountains, exporting the gems offworld for a fantastic profit. One of the first sentients to travel to Duniya was the Sith Lord Zanus, who soon dissipeared off the records. Many of the miners that arrived around the same time as he did claimed that he ventured off into the jungle, and was more then likely eaten by the local wildlife. In reality, he traveled to the continent Duri, where he seeked solitude to conduct his many expiriments. Rumors spread that the continent of Duri was haunted by legendary creatures, spread by the supersisticious miners of the planet. Duri was almost always left alone. Eventually, disaster arrived in the form of a massive tetonic plate shift that literally heaved the Baban Tudu mountains a few inches higher, compeltely decimating the mines on Kasyamma, and killing over a thousand. Miners are stereotypically a supersticious crowd, and the remaining miners on the planet believed Duniya to be a sentient and manevolent planet bent on their destruction for mining it's mountains for gemstones. It wasn't long before the remaining of the two planet's settlements to slowly become depoopulated, only to be fully wiped out by the Gulag Plague in 492 ABY.

With the spread of the Gulag Plague, Duniya was ignored by the galaxy, deemed useless for settlement and unfit for further mining. for hundreds of years. It wasn't until the Gulag Plague had gone from the galaxy, and explorers once more set out on the undiscovered regions that Duniya was re-discovered, so to speak. A family of explorers dug up old maps of the planet from hudnreds of years in the past, and explored the planet once more, to determine if it was fit for mining, but promptly dissipeared. Their ship was never discovered, and all parties sent to search for them were lost in the gravity wells.

In the past decade or two since explorers last set foot on DUniya, few have gone near the system, and no one has made it past the gravity wells. Mining attempts have completely been forgotten.

Notable PCs: To be added
Intent: To create a fun little planet for people to explore and prehaps settle on at some point, and to create a very important part in the back story of a new character I'm making.

Image credits: I made both images myself, the planet with Planetmaker, the map with Hexographer

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Mrrew"]

Well first you are going to need an image credit

Second this looks very good but can you define what kind of gemstones please? I don't want the world being used to say "I found x amount of druindfire or roon stones... Which are rare and able to pay for ships or death stars.

I am torn on species and locations as I would prefer they were within the submission first but I am guilty of making the world and then making the creatures and locations down the road. So a promise they are not going to be immortal force gods or some uber secret order and we should be ready for round two of edits.

Ty for getting to judging this so quickly!

I added an image credit, didn't have one before since I made both images. :p

The gemstones are going to be custom-made unique to the planet, will runt hem through the factory when it opens. :)

I've already started on making the locations., will link the two i've already submitted, and none of the species will be sentient, don't worry. :p And no uber secret order of immortal supergods.... that's for my next planet.
Joking
[member="Matsu Ike"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom