Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dromund Kaas: Adding Insult to Injury [Open to everyone]

Location: Exited Garden of Thorns, now located on Dromund Kaas​
Gareth was also bracing himself for a big drop. In fact, he would have preferred it for some strange reason. He had an itch for free falling, but it looked like that itch wasn't going to be scratched. And it probably shouldn't be considering that he was a Jedi Medic before. Sp why would he want to put himself in danger or pain? He didn't know. But he was lucky to be alive and in the real world again.

He released an immediate sigh of relief once they dropped in the jungle. It was good to be back. Not only that, but the touch of the Force again felt wonderful. It was like he was experiencing a high with being disconnected from it for so long. Everything was coming back to him. "Aria!" he thought. A look of concern crept onto his face. He wondered if she was okay. Did she get raptured to? Where was she?

He honed in on her life force. She was okay, but confused. That was good. He wanted to do nothing more than return to her and assist the Jedi Order in whatever they needed assisting. So that was another worry off his mind. That was until he felt a rush of contempt wash over him. Almost immediately his face scrunched up into one of distaste for the people around him. Why the kark were they here? They didn't even do anything! If it wasn't for that magic space lady they would probably still be stuck in the Garden of Thorns!

"Why am I just standing around? Don't give me that druk! All of you guys were useless! I should have in my right mind not helped any of you, and left you to the mercy of that hellhole!" He exclaimed. He apparently wasn't good with insults, but oh well. "You're all good for nothing Hutt-spawn!"

Woah.

Did he just say that?! He shook his head. What had came over him? The Jedi Knight held his head for a second. "W-woah. I don't know what came over me. S-sorry," he said, shaking it off. He looked back at the portal. That must have had something to do with it, or maybe it was the Garden of Thorns?

He looked back when Thurion asked where they were headed from here. "I was planning to call a Republic Fleet, or contact my fiance to see where she is. But I'm not sure if there's any ships nearby with all the chaos going on. You mind if I hop a ride till I figure out what to do?" He asked.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] l [member="Coci Sinopi"] l [member="Mrrew"] l [member="Dak Canton"] l [member="Shane Williams"]​

Her hand gripped Thurion’s hand tighter as they stepped into the rift. The sensation of hot and cold tingled over her skin as they seemed to submerge, it was a strange sensation and made her body break out in a cold sweat. It was like her hormones had shifted once more through the stages of her pregnancy, but it was not that but the effects of the rift. Not really knowing what to expect apart from the unexpected, it was odd that within a short time they all stood in the middle of a the jungle they had viewed from the garden. The scent of the recently fallen rain filled the air as did the dank scent of rotting vegetation, organic and intoxicating to the senses.

As her feet touched the ground, the force filled her like turning on a tap to full. She took in an audible breath as she felt the overwhelming sense of its power flooding her body and mind. Her arms and legs, torso and all of her strong with the force again, this time uncontrolled and raw, a heady experience to say the least and made her mind swim and she felt dizzy. Her hand pressed again the side of her head as she closed her eyes enjoying the empowerment.

But something else had effected them all, not they knew what or how and probably never would. Coci stood watching the others for a moment, a growing contempt for them filled her heart, this confused her as they had only moments ago had worked together to try and figure out their situation and for a short time had banded together in a sense of friendship. But that was the furthest from her mind.

Mrrew stepped forward to confront Thurion and this would never do. “Back off, flea bag!”, she yelled at him moving to stand in front of the giant of a man. Then she turned on Gareth, “And as for you! What did you do that was sooooo brilliant”, she gave him an over exaggerated look of wonder, “What? too worried about getting a hair out of place?”. Her voice had lifted an octave and frightened some of the creatures and avian in the local area.

She was about to turn on Thurion but lucky for all concerned she was stopped from any further words with a kiss. Initially she thought to fight him, but soon relented to his gentle lips on hers and all thoughts left her mind.

As the kiss ended, “What is going on?”, she looked into his blue eyes. “I can’t stop wanting to say bad things”, she shook her head in an effort to rid them which worked and she used the force to control her mind once more closing down the insults escaping her lips. Never would she even think of them let alone say them. Well that is not entirely true, she would not hesitate to sling them to a Sith.

“I must apologise for my outburst”, she said with genuine remorse to the all.

“Let’s get moving now, and find a star port or something. It seems that we are back”. She wanted to get away from the rift as soon as possible but they would have to investigate later as one could not simply leave an anomaly left unchecked.

Coci’s attention returned to Thurion as she is relieved to hear Nina is safe and not lost, “You can sense her, oh that is good and yet you seem as if there is more?”, she asked as they began to walk from the rift. Using the force, she reached out trying to sense any concentration of life forms and a possible location of civilisation.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"] | [member="Mrrew"]

There was indeed something more, but nothing he had ever sensed before. With all that's been going on lately, though, he wouldn't be surprised if their connection to the Force was still a bit iffy. Having recently been severed from it and now suddenly re-attached to the Force was confusing to say the least. It was not natural. Trying to make sense of it all was likely to drive you insane, in the end. "We'll find civilisation and ask that they send military personnel to secure the rift. Hopefully the word of the Jedi will be enough to persuade them in spite of this being the seat of the old Sith Empire. It is an evil place long since corrupted by the Dark Side of the Force. Tread carefully."

Leaving the portal behind them, the party began their search. Even a lone house would be enough - all they really needed was a way to contact the planetary government, maybe even the Silver Jedi or the Levantine Sanctum seeing how Dromund Kaas was in the relative vicinity of both organisations. Thurion walked beside his beloved, holding her hand. "How are you feeling? How's the little one?" he asked, eyes settling for moment on the small bulge of her belly. It was just enough to cause a faint smile on his face, even after all they'd faced in this short span of time.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Mrrew"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"] | [member="Dak Canton"]

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Mrrew"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

She had never been here before this day, and knew little about it. Coci nodded her head in understanding at Thurion's warning and grateful for the insight. She took a firm grip on his hand as they walked, at least now that had means to find a direction to get out. Sensing the way she raised her arm to point the way to them all and turned right along what looked like a narrow path probably made by some creatures.

"We must also be mindful of the local wild life too", she added.

Coci let out a long sigh, "I am a little tired still, but the force is aiding me now. But it is .. odd .. as if the lightside is unpredictable", she is struggling of words to describe the feeling of disunity in the connection. Something is happening .. and it is galaxy wide.

However, she could not help but smile thinking of their son growing within her, but as soon as she is able Coci will go to Voss to the Temple of Healers and make sure all is well with their child. She is concerned because more then likely their son is force sensitive and he would have had the force disconnected from him as well. But at that moment her fears are removed and she stopped dead still.

Her face would show of mild confusion before the realisation soon set in and a wide smile broke across her face. "Why don't you find out for yourself", she said looking up into Thurion's face as her eyes sparkled. She placed his hand on her stomach with his palm flat to her womb. Within her womb their son moved, very active and it is also the first time Coci felt him. "Can you feel him?", she asked softly. "Of all the place for this to happen, it is in a jungle".

His palm gently caressed her tummy, and from within he could feel something stir. A light bump here and there, sending vibrations through her skin. It caused his smile to widen as he looked upon Coci. "I only have fond memories of us and jungles", he said referring to when they fell in love, nestled together inside the cave while taking shelter from the rain. Their home was on Tabaqui - a jungle planet. "This just adds to them." Taking note of her being tired, Thurion simply scooped her off the ground and into his arms, carrying her. Even had he been left severed from the Force he'd been able to just as easily carry her weight thanks to his raw physical strength. Before moving on he placed a loving kiss upon her forehead.

Ahead of him the others were forging a path through the somewhat tricky terrain. They had proven their worth already, and trusting as he is he now considered them friends. At last he felt at ease as hope had returned to him fully. All he needed now was to see the face of his little girl again.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Mrrew"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"] | [member="Dak Canton"]

The jungle was thick, making it difficult to forge a path, but he much preferred this to the bramble forest. He was familiar with jungles, half of his professional life was spent in jungles. The Togorian stayed at the head of the group, his pistol in his organic hand, and his bionic one focusing on tearing away vines and weak branches to create something of a path. He was still unaware of waht panet they were on, but he was sure they would find sentient life soon enough... Or at least life. If it was any common planet he should probably be bale to reconize it by the xenofauna. When he wasn't hunting things, he was typically researching them.

Mrrew's ears twitched as he heard [member="Coci Sinopi"] behind him mention the wildlife. "Don't worry about that." Though he would've been more effective with his tranqulizer rifle, Mrrew literally hunted and killed mosnters for a living. Between that and the fact that three out of four of their group were force users, he doubted anything short of a Leviathon would give them problems.

She let out a small yelp as Thurion swept her off her feet, her arms immediately locking around his broad shoulders. She closed her eyes as he kissed her forehead and whispered "Thank you". Telepathically however, You never cease to swept me off my feet, I love you. Such a sense of relief to be back, and yet there is turmoil sensed through the force, besides it was obvious enough considering they all had been transported somehow to another plan or however one was to describe it.

Her head turned to see Mrrew pulling away the thick undergrowth as if born to this place, it is clear he knows of the terrain which is more then valuable to them all. "Mrrew if we keep a straight path we will find a village . . at least I believe that is what I am sensing ahead". As the miles go it is not far, but considering the densness of the jungle it would take them some time to get there.

As soon as she is able she will assist in cutting their way through. But her eyes would always return to him, and so looking over Thurion's face she smiled, time she would take to examine that face she loves so much. "You need a shave", she jested. She was about to jest further, or was it? and say something about an infestation of Mrrew's fleas in his beard, but stopped, the thought vanishing as quickly as it had arrived, which meant the effects of the rift are fading .. thank the force for that. She never would believe Mrrew had fleas.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Mrrew"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

Gareth took note of his hair, although he knew she didn't mean it. He couldn't deny that he had awesome hair. I mean, for it to stay in the same shape as it did when he freshened up this morning meant it was awesome, right? It sure did. He dismissed it with a chuckle. It seemed they were all affected than. Hopefully this thing didn't last forever. He would hate himself if he ended up badmouthing Aria. But then again, maybe he could try what Thurion did. Just grab her and lay a kiss smack-dab on her lips. Boom! Problem solved!

When everyone started walking ahead he took lead alongside Mrrew. If anything were to happen he didn't want to put the mother-to-be in harm's way, nor the father. So he ignited his sky-blue lightsaber and began waving it in front of him, cutting through the weak branches and foliage that stood in their way. There had to be some sort of civilization around. Gareth had been here a few times during the Sith Empire of the old. He couldn't count how many times he must have ran into something. So he could only imagine what Dromund Kaas must be like with the Sith not inhabiting this planet anymore.

Plus, someone needed to be alerted of the inter-dimensional portal lurking in their backyard as Thurion pointed out. He would hate to see the poor soul who found it, unaware of its dangers "So what's your name?" Gareth asks, looking at Mrrew. Since they were stuck together for the time being he might as well get to know him, right?

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] l [member="Mrrew"] l [member="Coci Sinopi"]

Mrrew nodded as Coci spoke of a village, continuing breaking a path forwards. However, he kept his pistol ready as well. It was likely that anyone or anything they found would be easier to handle then the Bramble Forest, but they still had no idea what would be in this village. For all they knew, the village was pouplated by cannbalistic Jawas. ... He'd seen that in a holomovie once.

The Togorian glanced aside as [member="Gareth Yalthik"] appeard, helping him cut through the vegetation with his lightsaber. "Mrrew." The Togorian nodded as if to say 'nice to meet you', already having heard his name back in the Forest.

Thurion merely let out a chuckle and proceeded to nuzzle his nose against hers, even managing a kiss upon her lips before returning his focus on the task at hand. His only worry right now was to get back to Nina, in any way possible. Determination settled, pushing him ever forward as they made their way through the thick jungle. With the massive Mrrew taking the lead, the lush green of Dromund Kaas was trampled beneath their feet as they pushed through.

After an hour's hard work and traversing difficult terrain the group finally laid eyes on the village Coci had sensed. The inhabitants were surprised to say the least to see the party appear seemingly out of nowhere, and such an odd group of people they were, at that. With his beloved still in his arms, Thurion stepped forward. "Greetings, good sirs and madams! Pardon the intrusion - we're just looking for a transport off-world. You wouldn't happen to be in possession of some form of communications with the capital, would you?"

Hesitant to reply, a young man eventually did. "I do. My father works with transportation there - he can send a shuttle our way, I'm sure." The youngster looked over the group. "You're not... Sith, are you?" Thurion shook his head. "Quite the contrary, my young friend." The teenager smiled, needing no further explanation. "Then you are most welcome. Name's Logan. You look tired, strangers. Please, follow me to my home and you can make yourselves comfortable until we hear from my father."

Graciously accepting the invitation, Thurion carried Coci inside the small hovel and laid her down in the bed shown to him. "There we are, all safe and sound..." His hand settled upon her cheek, so soft and smooth. "It won't be long now. We'll be home, soon." He then leaned forward to kiss her forehead.

[member="Mrrew"] | [member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

She was feeling so much better, her strength returning as Thurion carried her and now with the return of the force, she was able to use it strengthen her further. As she is placed on the bed and a loving hand rests on her cheek she smiled up into Thurion's face, finding those sapphire blue eyes she adores. But like him, she is eager to get home to Nina, to make sure she is safe and well. And there remains that slight doubt or unclear sense Thurion had felt earlier.

"The sooner the better, Thurion", she said smiling to comfort more than alarm.

Most grateful to the boy that invited them to his humble home, she accepted a glass of cool water he brought to her and Thurion, "Thank you Logan, we will be able to give compensation for the transport". she said as she shifted to sit up on the bed.

"Oh, that's okay", Logan replied in earnest. "I wouldn't take money from people in need. You guys look like you've been through hell together." Thurion looked to Coci, gently stroking her cheek. "You have no idea, kid..." His hand then settled upon her belly to feel his child once more, knowing he's safe. It never failed to bring a smile to his face. "Well, in either case, my dad has already sent a shuttle our way. It should arrive within the hour. You can stay here, meanwhile." Logan took a seat next to the bed and the two people he suspected to be Jedi, and furthermore lovers.

"So, um... what brings a group of Jedi to Dromund Kaas, anyway? Has it got something to do with people disappearing all across the galaxy?" Thurion nodded slightly, still only looking down at Coci. "The 'hell' you speak of is real, I'm afraid. The four of us got out, but there is no telling how many billions - trillions - of souls that are still trapped there." Finally he turned to face the youngster. "This is not some random occurence, Logan. Something - or someone - is causing this deliberately, and I expect it will only get worse until it gets better." There was no use in lying to the boy, not now. Not after what they'd just seen. The threat was real, it was out there, and it was swallowing the galaxy whole.

It got quiet for a while before Logan opened his mouth again. "You know, I've always wanted to become a Jedi. I was born while we were still under Sith control, but neither me or my dad has ever shown them much love. I've heard that in the Republic you never go hungry or poor, or--" Thurion was tired, and was in no mood for questions. "Logan. Please..." Without taking offence, the kid backed off. "Sorry, I just get a bit giddy when meeting new people. I'll just... be somewhere else, I guess. I'll let you guys know when the shuttle's arrived."

Once left alone, Thurion felt like collapsing. Rather than doing just that, he instead rested his head against Coci's bossom, above her heart. "Do you think I was too hard on him?" he asked her in soft-spoken voice. He looked up into her eyes, relishing her touch and scent as always.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Mrrew"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

Mrrew was ecstatic when they finally reached the village. He was used to jungles, but tearing apart vines and saplings for two hours or so can get tiring. Before long it seemed the group was speaking to a young human, arranging transport via a shuttle. Mrrew stayed quiet. How many had dissipeared? What state would his company be in when he returned to it? What state was the galaxy in? If so many dissipeared.... The Togorian frowned. However those were thoughts for when they got off the planet.

Mrrew stood in the corner, leaning against the wall of the small house, once they got there. Chances are any beds or chairs would collapse under his weight. The effects of teh rift were stll on the corner of his mind- words hat were not his almost jumped out of his mouth when he saw the two Jedi, [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] and [member="Coci Sinopi"], but he kept his mouth shut. Finally with time to rest, thoughts poured through Mrrew's mind. What the feth was going on?

(Sorry for bad writing, I just woke up.)

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Mrrew"] [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

She too could feel the side effects of the rift still lingering, she had put Thurion's words down to that and fatigue. Her hand rested against the side of his face caressing his cheek as he looked up into her's. "A little maybe", she smiled. "But considering what we all have been through and still more to come, it is understandable, besides you are only human, but for now .. rest".

Coci looked up as Mrrew entered the room, scowling at them biting back words and she tried her best to conceal a smile of understanding. "Logan will return soon enough with news of the shuttle, you can make amends then. This place is in need of aid across the board it seems, I will have supplies packed on the returning shuttle with medical, tools and food supplies for the village by way of thanks" Coci never leaves a good deed unrewarded and the Silver Jedi will be more than willing to lead assistance.

She moved over on the bed to allow Thurion space to lay and recoup his strength, "Mrrew you look exhausted, is there nowhere for you to take the weight off?", she asked looking around for something that would hold him.

The hour seemed to fly by, and the boy returned with word of the shuttle as promised.

"My father has arrived with the shuttle, I will lead you to it on the edge of the village", Logan informed them, still looking eager to ask many many questions but held them back. Coci gathered herself up to ready to leave.

"Thank you Logan, we are most grateful". she smiled to the boy.

Gareth had sliced through one branch when they stumbled upon a village. It was small, but seemed to have people in it. This gave the young Jedi hope as he could finally return home to his fiance and the Jedi Order. He wanted to do nothing more than cradle Aria in his arms, especially while in the presence of Coci and Thurion. It made him feel sort of like a fourth wheel. He missed Aria deeply. So he was ecstatic when he saw the gathering of people, although the people didn't seem as ecstatic. They seemed curious, scared, and hesitant.

But Thurion managed to get one talking with the promise of a shuttle on the way. That was great! "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrrew," he smiled, as they stood in the corner. He would let Thurion talk to the guy. "What a predicament we're in, huh?" He chuckled.

"One minute I was meditating next to my fiance, and then the next I'm in that hellhole. What a day it's been.." He sighed. That could definitely be said again! It had been a hellish day. One he never wished to visit again. He was glad it was almost over, or so he thought. He wasn't aware of the ongoing chaos going on in the Realm Beyond the Shadows. Which reminded him...

After the hour flew by Gareth would've stood back up. He had taken to sitting in the corner as a means of rest, but when Logan returned with news of the shuttle he rose up, and prepared to leave, but not before saying, "Yes, thank you. But before we leave I'd urge you have a group of people tend to a portal a few miles out from here to protect anyone from accidentally going in there. It's nightmare in there."

Nightmare was putting it very lightly, but it was true.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] l [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] l [member="Mrrew"]

Once the hour had passed - faster than he would've liked, as usual - Thurion began packing what few things he'd brought. Zipping up his leather jacket, he looked to Coci getting ready. "Are you well enough to walk? I could still carry you", he offered knowing she would probably not allow it. She was much too strong and stubborn to allow him to fuss over her for extended periods, not unlike himself. Last to be equipped was his lightsaber, which he simply attempted to summon from the bedside table into his possession. The attempt resulted in it soaring only halfway before falling to the floor, which caused more than a little concern.

Plucking the hilt off the ground, he again looked over at Coci. "There is a disturbance in the Force. More so than we thought..." Now he really needed to get out of here and back to the world he knew. Not just for Nina's sake, but now also to find out more about this unnatural event befalling the galaxy at large. If their ability to use the Force was being hampered with, then there was little these dark forces could not do.

Stepping outside the small hovel, there stood the shuttle as requested, its ramp lowered and awaiting take-off. Thurion turned to Logan, shaking his hand. "I guess this is where we part ways. Farewell, young Logan - and thank you. Come see us on Voss, sometime." Waiting for Coci to say her goodbyes, he then lead her up the ramp and into the shuttle, finding a seat for her close to the cockpit. He took a seat next to her, putting his arm around her and placing his other hand upon her tummy, rubbing it gently. "Let's go home." Once everyone was onboard, the shuttle took off towards the capital where they would be able to find passage to wherever they needed to go.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Mrrew"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"]

Mrrew didn't hesitate long after [member="Coci Sinopi"]'s suggestion, and simply sat down on the ground, leaning against one wall. He was exghausted as anyone else after their time in the Bramble Forest, and he didn't have the force to rejuvenate him like the others did. The Togorian glanced up at [member="Gareth Yalthik"] as he spoke. "What a predicament we're in, huh?" Mrrew nodded, responding after Gareth told him where he wasw before the dissipearence. "I was at my office, at the Tion Trade Nexus. How the feth did we get there?" Mrrew frowned. Really, they had no idea. However, eventually that line of thought broke away from exghaustion, and the Togorian dozed of fleaning against the wall.

Mrrew quickly woke up as Logan entered the room, though. The shuttle was finally here! Mrrew quickly got to his feet, giving a thankful nod to the young human boy, before making his way to the ramp with the others. Finally they would see what was really happening....

"I will be fine to walk my love", she smiled at him, without fail does he always place her first, but she returns the caring. However, equally she is concerned regarding the unstable nature of the force, it seems to be growing more so with each day and they having been vanished, have not heard much until Logan. "It is truly alarming", she said just after seeing Thurion's saber hit the floor. "This could actually be dangerous for us to attempt to use", the thought had entered her mind.

But they moved out, toward the ship that would take them to capital and beyond to home. "We must speak to the Silvers, tell them we are alright and what had happened, that might give some incite in these events. And to find out what they know of this disturbance in the force".

Coci smiled to the boy and thanked him for all his assistance. She would make sure supplies got them from the Silver Jedi, now more then ever the village would need it. She entered the ship directly behind Thurion. "I want to go home", she whispered, telling him she needed the comfort of their isolated place among the jungle and to see Nina, she is becoming desperate for that, to know she is safe. Her hand rested on his over her stomach, "He is fine", she said for self as much as Thurion. She rested her head on Thurion's chest and closed her eyes, she is more tired than she realised. Coci allowed herself to drift away, just for a moment, as she rests in the only place she feels safe in the galaxy, his arms.

"Hopefully we'll find an answer to all of this madness soon," He stated, responding to Mrrew after he had left the hut. He then gave a polite nod to Logan on their way towards the shuttle. He was very thankful towards the boy, and no amount words would be able to express his gratitude. He was happy to finally be getting home.

Also hopefully, they didn't run into anymore surprises on their way there, and the Jedi Order knew what was going on. He wasn't sure he could handle another screaming ethereal woman chasing after his soul.

[member="Mrrew"] | [member="Coci Sinopi"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom