Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Driver Class Dropship

Status
Not open for further replies.
jg79cw.jpg

Image Credit: http://oi56.tinypic.com/jg79cw.jpg
Intent: To provide Rendili, and Rendili Stardrive's Clients with swift, durable, and effective dropship.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Rendili Stardrive
Model: Driver Class Dropship
Affiliation: Republic, Rendili, Rendili Stardrive Clients
Modularity: No
Production: Mass
Material: Durasteel, Transparisteel
Description: A new design completely out of the Rendili yards, Rendili Stardrive's new Driver class dropship is Rendili stardrive's newest addition to its catalog lineup. Intended for work as a light dropship ferrying troops down to the planet's surface in hot zones where heavier and larger vessels would be shot down, the Driver class dropship does exactly what you think, drive right through whatever gets in its way as it delivers its passengers and cargo to where they need to be. Lightly armed, the Driver class relies on its thick outer hull to get it through the day, usually supported by its powerful engines that let it dance nearly as nimbly as Gunships meant for combat. Able to carry four squads, of four soldiers each, their equipment, and a pair speeder at most, the Driver class does have a low carrying capacity compared to other dropships which could hold double that amount on average, but this decrease was in exchange for its increased hull plating and added thruster capability. Thus while fewer soldiers and equipment are transported, they are more likely to survive.

Classification: Dropship
Role: Troop Transport, Support Craft, Cargo Haul

Height: 12 meters
Width: 12 meters
Length: 28 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Ionization Reactor

Hyperdrive Rating: Class 2
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 3
Armaments:

• Laser Cannons x 2
  • Concussion Missile Launchers x 2
Compliment:
  • Speeders x 2

Non-Combative Attachments:

• Standard Communications Suite
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Suite
  • Standard Targeting Systems

Passenger Capacity: 16
Cargo Capacity: 50 tons
Consumables: 2 weeks
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 4

Hello [member="Camellia Swift"]

Cargo capacity seems a bit high for a dropship, especially as this is already on top of speeders and troops.

A normal dropship can carry twelve infantry, 2 speeders, and 4 speeder bikes (Alternatively 36 infantry and 2 bikes). This seems to be carrying (assuming a 12 man squad): 48 infantry, 2 speeders, 16 passengers and 100 tonnes of cargo.

This will need to be brought in line with the dropship hangar in the template please!

Ok, 2-4 men is usually referred to as a fire-team I believe, 8-12 as a squad/section. Could you change the wording to make it clear and drop the cargo capacity to 50 tonnes and you're good to go please? [member="Camellia Swift"]

[member="Raziel"]

I honestly have always heard the term squad used to refer to a team of four, like Omega and Delta squad for the Clone Commandos. To be honest since this would be the first time I'm being corrected, I feel very confused by the switch in terminology. If you really think that the majority of people will be confused and get the wrong number just because of that because they think like you do I'll change it, but for me a four man team has always appeared in literature and media as a four man team.

I gladly have lowered the cargo space.

Camellia Swift said:
I honestly have always heard the term squad used to refer to a team of four, like Omega and Delta squad for the Clone Commandos. To be honest since this would be the first time I'm being corrected, I feel very confused by the switch in terminology. If you really think that the majority of people will be confused and get the wrong number just because of that because they think like you do I'll change it, but for me a four man team has always appeared in literature and media as a four man team.
I'll be honest I'm not sure about the range of SW literature. They're very rarely, if ever, that small in real life.

If you state "four man squads" then that will do fine! :) [member="Camellia Swift"]

[member="Raziel"]

Ok!

Also I didn't just mean SW Literature. I do read other literature. Tom Clancy novels included, along with a number of fantasy (MY favorite setting), and other sci-fi.

Edit done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom