Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Drakian

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Name: Drakian
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Homeworld: Dantooine
  • Language: Basic, Drakise,
  • Average height of adults: males about 2 meters, females about 1.5 meters
  • Skin color: Black, Blue, Green, Red, Purple, and white
  • Hair color: None
  • Breathes: Type 1
  • Strengths: Drakians have natural claws that they, much like wookies, use for tools but never as weapons unless nessacery, though if they were to use their for combat they could peirce up to class 4 armor due to their strength. In addition they have scales that lessen impacts much like class 4 scale mail armor, but are less effective against blasters or lightsabers. Another strength is their sense of honor, much like the Echani most drakians hold themselves to a high standard. they also are stronger then the average human when it comes to physicality, also Drakians tend to be very empathic. Their innate empathy link varies from drakian to drakian, those who are sensitive in the force are known to be able communicate through these empathy links and also are able to broadcast their emotions while those who are not force sensitive can just tune in on how other sentiant and to a lesser extent semi-sentiant beings feel. , finally they have a better night vision then most races due to the fact that most of their cities are underground.
  • Weaknesses: a big flaw for a drakian is his temper. the temper of these creatures can rival those of a wookie's. in these fits of rage a drakian cannot see who is friend and who is foe and instead destroying everything their hands can get on. another weakness is the Drakian's curiosity, living for a long time the Drakians are curious aabout the world beyond theirs and sometimes they do get killed for letting that curiosity rule over their actions
  • Distinctions: Distinguishing characteristics of a drakian, not only by it's color, but also their hands have 5 fingers that are each tipped with a claw used exclusively as tools, their eyes are cat like and usually a color that matches their scales, and the slight growl in their speech
  • Average Lifespan: standard years a drakian has the capacity to live for almost 3 hundred years, but often because of their curiosity they don't reach age 250.
  • Races: none, just different colored scales
  • Diet: a drakian's diet is similar to a humans only with more meat. anything that is poisonous to humans, drakians find poisonous as well
  • Communication: most often communicate through word and mouth, but also through battles, much like the echani.
  • Culture: A drakian City is broken into 4 groups; The Royal Quarter, The Spirit Quarter, the Merchent's Quarter, and the Common Quarter. they are ruled by an Emperor and/or an Empress whose family and them live in the Royal quarter, the Spirit Quarter houses many of the religious buildings and hospitals in the city, the Merchent's Quarter is where visitors from the outside world can come and sell their goods to drakians whose curiosity isn't that high also this is where many goods can be bought for the day to day life. and finally the common quarter is where most of the folk and their families live. this is also where you will find a lot of inns.<
  • Technology level: Drakian technology is up to the standards of the galaxy but also has some elements of the old days such as swords and other melee weapons
  • General behavior: A drakian tends to be friendly and honorable to all even strangers, unless threatened or dishonored. usually before a drakian attacks it will growl warningly and if the behavior continues then the drakian loses its temper and lashes out to get it to stop. because they tend to be empathic they do what they can to help anyone who is feeling upset, angry, sad ect. but sometimes not always with the best results.
  • History:Not much is known of the history of the Drakians or how they ended up under the surface of Dantooine. what is known is that as long as humans have settled on dantooine the Drakians have been there longer. Though if one is to ask a Drakian Archivist they will tell them that though Drakians have lived under the surface for thousands if not millions of years they have just recently started to explore the surface world and beyond to the stars. so how did the drakians exist so long with out being discovered, the answer is the architecture of the drakians.
The drakians architecture is built into the walls of the caverns and are well hidden. In the days of the past the drakians were not as curious as they are today giving them the drive to remain hidden. That is until humans started excavating the caverns beneath the planet's surface. upon entering the tunnels the humans started to realize something lived down there, and that something noticed this new being in it's tunnels. This is where the curiosity sparked and the drakians started revealing themselves and going onto the surface.
  • Notable Player-Characters: Kycoros Oberon
  • Intent:My intent for this Species was to create a type of creature that looked similar to a dragon-born on D&D but wasn't as powerful. I thought that it would be a Species that others could play quite easily and have a lot of control of how they want to look and act as someone with draconic looks. I also thought that his type of creature has been needed in the star wars universe for years and this is the first site that allowed me to do this

[member="Kycoros Oberon"]

Hi! My name is Ilias Nytrau, and I am your friendly, helpful judge for this submission! I apologize for the wait - my co-judge has ran off to Poland, and I have been rather busy up until now. That being said, let's get started!

So, this submission reminds me of a Doctor Who episode. Don't worry - I liked that episode! But to that end, I have a question, which you could do with answering by really, really expanding on the history section, and that question is - how did the Drakians go for so long under the surface of Dantooine without being discovered? I'm afraid that 'no-one knows' isn't good enough. We NEED to know. It matters. It's important. Think on it. Talk with me about it.

As for how much? I'd like at least two paragraphs - that is the minimum we like to see per section in every submission.

[member="Kycoros Oberon"] - That's fine. I can still work with you. Keep with me, and we'll get through this submission, one thing at a time. Feel free to ask for clarification of my requests if you need to! :)

You say in languages that they speak Echani. Could you clarify whether they actually speak Echani, or if they just communicate through combat like the Echani and state that in your submission? It's important to specify this, because if they've been underground all this time and only recently coming up to the surface, it's not possible for them to know Echani as a species-wide language. The best you could do is mere similarity in the manner of combat-language. :)

a little of both, the drakians see the echani as a less scaley and less colorful versions of themselves after meeting a few. so now a drakian child is taught both basic echani fighting styles and some basics of the echani language. at least that's how it is coming around in my head...

[member="Kycoros Oberon"] -

Consider that it might take something more significant than merely meeting an Echani to make those changes to the education of their children after 'thousands if not millions of years' by themselves! Think of what the Echani might have done in the eyes of the Drakians, that makes the Drakians want to be... more like them, I suppose? Maybe the Drakians made the decision to assimilate as much knowledge from 'worthy' races as they could, when they came to the surface? There are options here, options.

For the most part, when I ask you something, I'm expecting to see the results of my request as an edit to your submission, which in this case would be best done as an expansion to the 'communication' section. Please take what you have just told me, along with what you want for them based on the above paragraph, and explain it in the submission there. :)

[member="Kycoros Oberon"] - Just about nobody gets a submission right on the first try. Heck, I didn't. Took a number of edits, and it does for the majority of people. This is normal in the factory, so don't feel discouraged!

If you would like to continue, let me know. If you would like to not continue, let me know that too. :)

[member="Kycoros Oberon"] - Sorry for the wait! I seem to be in high demand as of late, but I am so very glad you've decided to push on! Now, where were we...

...ah, yes!

It looks like you've removed 'Echani' from their languages, and specified that they communicate in battle only like the Echani. I find this to be acceptable. Moving on!

What I ask next has to do with armor rating, which follows these guidelines, so keep this in mind as you answer my questions with edits to your submission (or more questions):

Class-1 through Class-10 determines the armor's ultimate reliability, stopping power and strength via design and creation method. A rating of 10 being comparable to Mandalore's armor, and a rating of 1 being comparable to makeshift armor, rate yours within those boundaries. Another comparison you could make; 1-4 corresponds to light armor, 5-7 corresponds to medium armor, with 8-10 being considered heavy.
Question #1: You say in the 'Strengths' section that the Drakians are stronger than the average human, and that they have claws. What I am asking is - what armor rating(s) can their claws penetrate with that strength? I would suggest lighter armor ratings, and I would also make you aware that most creatures cannot penetrate even a thin sheet of durasteel that easily without enough force behind the act, or pain and damage to the creature. I know that you've said they don't use their claws as weapons unless necessary, but we do have to cover all our bases.

Question #2: Related, but not the same - what armor rating is their scales?

Please make these edits to your submission in the 'Strengths' section. Take your time if you need to - there is no rush, here. Ask me questions if you need to. If something isn't clear, or you don't understand, ask. :)

as I have said they never use their claws in combat I don't feel the need to add if they can penetrate armour their claws are used mostly to carve but I would say including their strength their claws could pierce up to armor rating 3 or 4, and their scales and scales would be the equivilant to scale mail so probably 4 or 5
[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

[member="Kycoros Oberon"] - Then please include these things in the body of your submission, where they apply. It is my job to make sure that nothing in your submission is left to the imagination, and that there is no room for unacceptable abuses of your creation. Even those 'rare occasions' are important to cover. Tag me when you have made your edits. :)

[member="Kycoros Oberon"] - Good. Thank you!

Here's the edit I need you to make next.

Next, I need you to expand a little on that mention of their empathic ability in the 'Strengths' section, e.g. to what extent can their empathy go? To clarify, what I'm looking for is an explanation of whether they can just sense the emotions of other beings, whether or not they can broadcast their own emotions, and whether or not they can communicate empathically through emotions and images. You only need to explain from this what they can do, so decide what of that it is they can do, and edit accordingly!

[member="Kycoros Oberon"] - Great. That looks good. :)

Where it says 'Breathes', you have oxygen. We use this system here for determination of what a species breathes, if it breathes at all. You are looking for Type 1. Please edit accordingly.

[member="Kycoros Oberon"] - That's about all I think I need you to fix up. Thank you for your patience. :)

Now, if you would allow me, I would like to have you permission to go through and clean your submission up a bit. Just straightening out some of the formatting and tightening up a few things, if that's alright with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom