Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons tooth

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
@Desmond Cartyom [member="Candez Stoon"]
07ea6bf94ffd49b2f8bd53bec86bcd6a.jpg

all in the concept was simple most of the Mando's in the clan were iffy about lining in an area with no weapons to defend them
the Dragons tooth would be one of 6 defense stations still she needed weapons and crew besides the droids.
strangely a few old freinds were willing to aid in things

Desmond stared out the bridge of his Imperial Class II frigate as it prepared to dock with the newly forming station. Desmond was a commander in the Imperial Navy and while he usually served as a TIE pilot tasked with the lead of a squadron, he had convinced the moff council that he would need a frigate for this particular patrol. The only reason he had been able to commandeer such a vessel is because he had been newly promoted. Desmond led a double life. While most knew him as the TIE commander A.K.A. The Blue Baron, a select few also knew him as the newly made overseer of intelligence.

Those that did know of his handiwork in the secret political regime knew what he was capable of. It was even rumored he was being groomed by the Grand Moff himself to be his personal “hand”. It surely wasn’t long until the Chiss became Director of intelligence and those who knew about him figured it was best to grease the wheel before it starts squeaking. So, it was that Desmond found himself in command of the frigate… If only for this short patrol.

He watched as the bridge bustled with life. The crew went to and fro, hands raced across terminals and orders were relayed down the chain of command. Desmond walked to the communications terminal and placed a hand on the shoulder of the woman who manned the station.

“Hail that space station,” Desmond commanded in his rich Imperial accent “Tell them we are boarding and get me a personal line with Lyth Meran,”

“Right away sir!” Came the reply and Desmond waited patiently for the fairy to return his call.

[member="Lyth Meran"]

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond tapped his foot as the communications officer hailed the space station. He was growing impatient with Clan Meran’s unwillingness to speak with him. But, it made sense he supposed. Since Clan Meran worked with the Outer Rim Coalition he began to worry they might be calling for a fleet to engage the Imperials, but Desmond trusted Kami. He knew she would not betray him. Especially since he was here to merely help. They had been pals just about ever since Desmond had taken to the stars. Finally someone answered the call and a hologram of Lyth appeared before Desmond.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“was up [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Desmond C'artyom[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]? what are you doing in ORC territory? " the tiny mando asked.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]" long way from home. want to fee the build? " she offered [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond nodded to the hologram of the tiny fairy and smiled greatly. “I am here to help improve upon your station,” Desmond took a moment to flourish his arms at his ship in a grandiose manner “This ship carries in it ten thousand able bodied Imperial engineers. With your permission they will board and we can discuss where they are best needed,” Desmond finished. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He looked over a datapad which detailed the Engineers and their technical profession. A great many of them were combat engineers. Troops used to quickly set up prefabs for on the move units. They’d be perfect for building upon the station. There was no response from Lyth. Instead the air locks extended from the station and the Imperials were finally able to dock properly. As the ship came to a halt Desmond slightly bowed to Lyth and then spoke “A tour would be lovely. My engineers will await orders aboard my ship,”[/SIZE]

[member="Lyth Meran"]

Lyth Meran

" sure the super structure is getting underway it's weapons er need. hopefully imperial weapons." she partially joked to the hollogram.
" look i'll meet you when you get here. and i'jj give you a tour ."

[SIZE=11pt]The fairy told Desmond where his engineers would best be needed and made a joke about Imperial weapons. Desmond placed a hand to chin and then let out a boisterous laugh. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I may have something that can help…” Desmond said before bowing slightly to the hologram of Lyth Meran as her figure winked out of existence. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond paced the bridge then pulled up the schematics of a Hyper Velocity Cannon he had designed on his datapad. It was originally made for Imperial bombers, but it could also be mounted on ships or stations. Desmond supposed the Empire wouldn’t miss a few of these weapons, but their was another weapon Desmond had in mind. But, if he gave this to clan Meran he risked being branded a traitor by the Empire. On the other hand if these stations proved their worth it could greatly boost Desmond’s prestige and possibly get him the promotion he so desperately desired. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“You want Imperial weapons Lyth.. Then that’s what you’ll get,” Desmond whispered to himself before marching towards the cargo bay. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As he entered the room he checked the inventory on his datapad. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Yes… It’s all here… [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Desmond thought to himself. It was the pieces for a [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Concave Proton Dish Beam Cannon[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]. These weapons were usually used on the [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]conqueror class destroyers[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], but Desmond believed with a little tweaking they could mounted on a station. Like a smaller death star. Desmond once again consulted the inventory and noted he had brought 30 [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]HVC-117’s[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] and one of the concave dish weapons. Satisfied everything was in where it should be Desmond sent a message to his Chief of Engineering. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Begin assessing and repairing superstructure of station. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Have gamma engineer’s begin placing HVC’s on designated weapon’s platforms.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]After the messages were sent Desmond went to go speak with Lyth and receive a tour of what had already been built around the station. If she wanted the Concave Dish weapon they’d have to come to some sort of agreement. [/SIZE]

[member="Lyth Meran"]

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond marched through the docking bay with a team of engineers. Desmond kept mostly to himself while the engineers prodded and joked with one another. As Overseer of intelligence Desmond thought it best not to get involved with the local dregs. It embarrassed him to even be walking with them. It’s not that he hated them, he simply believed he was above them. If any other officer saw him with them he would be a laughing stock. His station elevated him to a status that demanded he be afforded luxuries that the common cannon fodder could not enjoy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]But, as the station was still under construction there was only one Airlock, so Desmond was forced to humble himself and walk with the engineers. He couldn’t help but wonder if Lyth had planned this… No matter the case as overseer of intelligence Desmond had a deal to broker. The engineers and he entered the station’s halls and went their separate ways. Desmond to Lyth Meran’s office, the engineers to work on the superstructure. As they began to depart Desmond noticed a couple of the engineers shot him coy waves. Desmond gave them his best devilish grin and the engineers giggled gaily in response. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Despite his station Desmond felt that the regs had far more fun. But, as baron of the Empire, Desmond was expected to uphold a certain standard. Most of the higher ups would berate him for simply walking with normal troopers. Desmond was only thankful none were here to see him. He finally reached Lyth’s office and his first thought was to ask after Kami [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Greetings Lyth, how’s Kami?” He asked in his rich Imperial accent. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Ever since he had joined the Empire it was a thing he had worked to perfect. His accent that would establish him as part of some noble Imperial line. But, no matter how hard he tried many “true” Imperials could detect the gutter snipe in his voice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Never mind.. I suppose we should get down to buisness,” Desmond said as he withdrew a flask and a pair of glasses from his satchel. The glasses were as big as the fairy, so Desmond put a small straw in one then poured some fine Corellian Brandy in both cups. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“My engineers have begun working on the superstructure and weapon emplacements,” Desmond began again as he took a sip of his brandy. “But, before we go any further i’d like to discuss with you the prospect of having the Empire’s most powerful weapon on your station,”[/SIZE]

[member="Lyth Meran"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Lyth Meran"]

Matsu was looking at it, she had been asked to come and help a small friend. Lyth and Meran mechanics were well friends and had helped with a number of things while she was working in the small portable workshop on the ship. They had a massive foundry ship and station that could do well just about anything. As the converters allowed for far more construction purposes compared to others she had seen. There was also the small benefit of their droids before the jedi master was rising up from the desk. "Master Ike, we have arrived." Lyth and Kami had asked her to come and help. The resources a company like sasori could get and had access to was more impressive in many of the cases here. She could and sent the message to acknowledge the invitation from Lyth before bringing up the list of things that they had and could offer for her.

Lyth Meran

"Ah Des the Super structure is mostly complete it's the hulls that need fixing. as for Kami. well she has lets say other projects as you know we don't take sides. we play both angles. " she told [member="Desmond C'artyom"] as she looked over the weapons.
the 12 inch tall As-Aki admitted flying over to a com system.
" Welcome [member="Matsu Ike"] to the dragon's tooth. plan is to have these set up as defence stations and Fighter hangers. "

Desmond held the glass of brandy limply in his hand whilst he sat in the comfortable leather chair within Lyth’s office. He twirled the cup of liquor around a little then lifted it to his mouth. He inhaled the potent fume of the burning alcohol deeply before finally taking another sip, swishing the booze around his mouth, savoring the taste. Lyth spoke of playing both sides and Desmond smiled. She would need some convincing. Desmond withdrew his datapad and sent a command to his engineers as Lyth told him what would need to be done to the station.

Begin work on hull. Make schematics.

The message was short and sweet. Aside from helping build the station the Imperials were also gathering technical data. This ensured that if the deal did not go well the Empire could always build their own… Finished giving orders, Desmond prepared to give Lyth the details of his plan, but before he could do so another arrived. A Jedi to be more precise… Lyth invited one Matsu Ike into the station and Desmond set his drink down hurriedly. His hands raced across his datapad as he searched for information on the woman.

He knew she was a Jedi from reputation alone, but beyond this little else. Desmond shifted through the Imperial databanks for information on Matsu Ike and found that she was executive of several companies that produced a wide array of things, from weaponry to medicine. But, despite Matsu’s achievements in the corporate field Desmond was fairly confident he could persuade Lyth to see things his way…

“Lyth Before we meet with this Jedi, might I have a word with you in private?” Desmond asked, his tone wily and conniving.

[member="Lyth Meran"]

Candez Stoon arrived from hyperspace by the Salty Mynok, a gift from a friend of his. When he heard that [member="Lyth Meran"] was looking for help, the last name was an indication, and he was immediately on his was. He was in the co-pilot seat of the freighter, by the side of his pilot. Some of his crew he had learned to get along with. However, there was one he had yet to fully understand, and they were in the cargo bay. "Look after the ship while I-" He stopped, looking at [member="Desmond C'artyom"] star destroyer. That was not something he expected to see. His finger was just off the communication button, which he pressed with his eyes still on the large ship. "Lyth? Lyth meran? It's uh...Candez. Friend of Kami."

Lyth Meran

looking at [member="Desmond C'artyom"] Lyth sighed as [member="Candez Stoon"] entered the orbit
" look if this is a faction thing. this is MY territory and we are here to work on MY stations if you two don't act civil I WILL PERSONALLY CLIMB UP YOUR A*SS AND PILOT YOU LIKE A SHIP. got it? " she threatened sarcastically. but she needed to make sure that things were understood.
" candez i know you get yer bid head in here. i have calculations i think you'd be cool with doing. " she smiled.
so far 8 of the basic super structures were set up.
the hangers were being set up too.

Matsu was looking at many of the things here. She could hear Lyth on the com giving herself a small raised eyebrow until she had arrived. Working on the station the jedi master gave a moment and prepared what they could gt on a datapad then set about coming in. White robes under a brown cloak that hummed with the force and were from the Qel-Droma family. Improved with the skylar where they might tear or get damaged when being used. Her black hair nice and straight with small jewels tied within it. Crystals and the like to make a small jingling sound as she walked, tight braids that allowing it to stay together near her ankles where some strands went into the tight boots that were vac sealed. Her belt gleaming from the special compartments with equipment as well as the cracken field kit on her hip. Her twin blades in her sleeves in small sheaths that kept them invisble to most to see when she moved to join the As-Aki. "Understood, I think. I am not certain of what but I have no interest in fighting."

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond nodded to Lyth. Her mind was dead set and their would be no convincing her. Desmond sighed a little then made a slight inclination of the head towards the Jedi. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Greetings master Jedi, your reputation precedes you,” Desmond said as he offered a hand to Matsu “I too hold no interest in fighting,” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]For now… [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Desmond thought to himself. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]One day when the Empire ruled over the entirety of the galaxy they would crush all those who opposed them. That included the Jedi. But, to appease his friend Lyth, Des would play nice and work with the Jedi. Desmond’s attention was brought back to his datapad as he received a new notification. He withdrew the device from the pocket it resided in and began scrolling through his private feed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Schematics complete. Weapon emplacements complete.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Desmond smiled as he read the small note. He placed the device back into his pocket then turned to regard Lyth once more. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“You’ll be happy to know the weapons emplacements have been completed,” Desmond said smartly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He was proud of his engineers. They worked quickly and efficiently. Truly there was no better in the galaxy than Imperial engineering. He picked his glass of brandy up off the table and took another sip. He promised to give the rest of the flask to the foreman for his diligent work...[/SIZE]

[member="Matsu Ike"]
[member="Lyth Meran"]
[member="Candez Stoon"]

Lyth Meran

Lyth knew the history of the Empire but to be honest the Imperial Remnant and the Jedi Order did get along for nearly half a decade before and ia two intelligent beings like [member="Desmond C'artyom"] & [member="Matsu Ike"] couldn't get along for a few days to finish a project in neutral territory. well there were a lot of schools for remedial beings in the galaxy.
" ok i have a standard Meran Buffet set up your workers are free to stock up and eat till they burst before working ." she chuckled offering to lead to a privet canteen.
" I trust there will be no animosity?" she addressed Matsu.
" the concept here is similar to a Star destroyer wall Phalanx each tooth. " she faced her finger like a set of jaws each tiny finger locking together like a sheild.
[member="Candez Stoon"]

Matsu was looking at them and gave an internal shrug while she was continuing on it. "We can work to do that, send the designs to a Saratai and they can start reproducing it with minimal effort. Our manufacturing is hard to beat thanks to the technology we have recovered." She stayed there but turned a little to look at the design and it was something different. Compared to many of the things she had seen before or built The closest thing that came to looking like it was the one ship the echani made for the silver jedi a longtime ago. All vertical and not really much length. She had worked on them a little and seen them less used but once they managed to get a production station in place the factory ships and it could work for Lyth and Kami quickly.

Lyth Meran

" we have 8 pf these in beta production 10 more in early build. Deran is off to locate a Bonus. an ancient droid [member="C0C0"] "

h-104_70190_barudo07.jpg.jpg

Deran flew the Caego ship to Korreban the droid was huge and.. well ceustation like droid.
the thing was old and ancient. this made it obvious the droid had developed a personality.
" Coco? Hi i am Deran Meran from Meran Mechanics. i'd like ot offer a Construction contract."

[member="Matsu Ike"][member="Desmond C'artyom"][member="Candez Stoon"]

"Oh? What Kind of Contract, Miss Meran? I'm surprised that people would need a Droid like me anymore."

C0C0 had picked up a broadcast from a Cargo Ship in Korriban's orbit. The transmission was sent out to him about a construction contract, something he hadn't received since the New Republic had taken him to Korriban and left him there. He was intrigued already about [member="Lyth Meran"] and her construction contract.

[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Desmond C'artyom"] [member="Candez Stoon"]

Lyth Meran

[member="C0C0"]
d0038090_479bae54b53da.png

Deran landed approaching the giant crab.
" you are a construction droid. we need a construction droid. we offer housing a smaller alternate body for program transference and payment. plus any upgrades if desired. " she offered.
looking at the giant droid it's chases was pocked marked and coated in scars.
" you'll have 49 EVS's at command. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom