Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Draconian Living Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

latest.png

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Draconia (Planet)
  • Affiliation: Draconia and The people of it's world
  • Market Status: Closed Market
  • Model: Draconion Living Steel (AKA) Blue Alloy
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited (One planet and its people ONLY)
  • Material: Draconian Living Steel (AKA) Blue Steel
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Ore, Alloy
  • Weight: Light
  • Color: Light Glowing Blue
  • Resistances: (If this submission has specific resistances, please list them. For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, and Extreme. Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Lightsabers: None
    • Cold: High
    • EMP attacks: Low
    • Fire and Heat: High
    • Electric: Average
    • Acid: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • While mostly used as a durable, and protective Material for Building and construction, It can be used for effective prosthetics on most species.
  • This Material has regenerative Properties, and is able to regenerate into chosen shapes. The steel will take in and absorb nearby material and slowly transform this useable material into the blue steel.
  • While it can take any shape by a special form of Heat Smelting, most melee weapons can easily crack or be blunted by use.
STRENGTHS
  • High Resistance to Energy Weapons, and Explosions
  • Light Regenerative properties (Will slowly remake itself)
  • Excellent Subdermal armor for droids or ships, or parts of machinery
WEAKNESSES
  • Weakness to force imbued weapons- LightSabers and other force related weapons will leave permanent damage on the steel
  • Not an effective Weapon-Weapons' created by This Steel are not effective.
  • EMP Attacks will damage the Regen properties, causing it to almost melt
DESCRIPTION
The term "Steel" in the name is misleading. It is really a direct combination of a plentiful and nearly self-sustaining resource found in the deep caverns and caves only found on Draconia.
It is Mined from a mysterious Rock found deep within the crust under Draconian soil. To Specify even more it is under the large mining town of Havens End.
It currently has been found to almost fully regenerate itself from almost anything that can be thrown at it, by absorbing usable materials nearby, and assimilating the cells

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Damion Dorian Tarkin Damion Dorian Tarkin

Hi there I'm gonna be going through your sub today.

Starting out I am going to need the planet linked

For Material you can just say Draconian Living Steel as it is the name of the material and also what the material is made out of.

In ratings, other being high could mean a lot but giving you have a strength that says its against explosives claim that in your others.

How does this regenerate? While Laminanium was able to reform at any temperature, I have yet to come across a metal that just fully regenerates by itself.

The weakness that its not an effective weapon, makes no sense in context since this is a material not a weapon. Perhaps you mean that it cannot be used in weaponry?

The planet is now Linked (Its the new planet I created and this would be its primary resource. Like Beskar For the Mando
I changed what It saided for the material as its name
I did add the ratings to it as well as an extra weakness
I think I explain the regen properties better
I added an explanation that it does not make effective weapons of any kind

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins

Right thats fine, it being a main resource is something to more do with the planet sub as apposed to this one.
If lightsabres destroy it by a single touch then I would honestly ask for the rating None for lightsabres and rebalance the submission around that fact
So the heat smelting and weapons not being able to be created from it. If you wanted to you could make weapons from it but reason out that the if overheated the material could just melt in the hands of the person. Your choice, just a thought.
So it regenerates atom by atom how exactly? This is a very powerful, very unique ability that doesn't exist yet in real life at least by artificial standards but is theorised as Nuclear Fusion which is effectively what suns do, which is what this sounds like, which if true is extremely powerful.

I was thinking it as a form of regenration much like what organic material would go throught. First it would plug up any damge it can, and after that slowly heal itself of any "Wound" it suffers.

My original Idea was that the Blue Steel was from a living creature, and that living creature being the planet itself.

And the idea on the lightsaber weakness would be that it would be permeant damage. Like a scar on living tissue.

Ravenfire Ravenfire
I have changed the healing properties to say that nearby material is needed, to be assimilated into the metal,
And I made it that force related weapons like force blades, or lightsabers would cause permanent damage
Other wise it is mostly unchanged from my post above

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins

okay so a few things now we have the ratings together you have a lot to use in terms of ratings

Limited -2
Light +1
High +1
Average 0
None -3
High +1
Low -1
Ratings -3

So if you'd like to balance it out you can add some more ratings with high or up or you can push some of your other ratings up to fill out

Okay so its an alive material, I suppose that makes a level of sense because in canon are things like shards and the lightsabre crystals. With shards being almost living crystalline beings and the crystals being able to be bled with strong emotions. However I'm not sure how I feel about the planet being a living creature, technically that comes down to codex and so in that case I will wait to see if codex approves your planet before we continue further with this submission.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins

Apologies on the wait. Yes it does help however your still out with your numbers but given other submissions have been asked to remove the explosives ratings if you just remove that then everything should be sorted.

Reason being that explosives consist of a number of things in star wars from cryoban grenades to acid mines, which means its a little hard to pin down what explosives means since technically it could just roll under kinetic, to heat, to cold ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom