Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Draco and Faith's Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draco and Faith's Rings
emerald-3-stone-ring.jpg
Faith's Ring

0004971_0_Large.jpg
Draco's Ring

Image Source: Google Images
Intent: To provide Faith and Draco with rings

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Development Thread:
  • As Needed
Manufacturer: [member="Draco Vereen"]
Model: Not Applicable
Affiliation: [member="Draco Vereen"], [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]
Modularity: No
Production: Unique (2)
Material: Mandalorian Steel, Aurodium, Diamond

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Rings
Weight: 10 Grams

DESCRIPTION
As an accomplished beskarsmith, and so when making the rings, he used the skills and processes of his people when refining steel to create Euk'gar, little iron, known for its pattern of waves in the grain of the steel, combined with Aurodium, giving it a white silver, metallic appearance, and making it very expensive. Because of the Force Imbuement and alchemy done to the rings, they are very durable, being almost indestructible through normal means, though they don't offer a lot of protection.

The Diamonds were taken and altered via Crystallurgy, albeit minorly, using the essence of both intended wearers for each ring, rather than separately, intended to bond the rings together and strengthen the Force Bond between the two when worn. As such it allows Draco to sense Faith's mood across vast distances, sense when she is in danger, and gain a better sense of her situation with concentration. While Faith is not truly Force Sensitive, she claims to be able to tell when Draco is focusing on her presence, be it feeling his presence reaching across the stars, just thinking she does, or whether she actually does is unknown, but it does offer her some comfort.

The Rings themselves are bonded, linked forever, tied together through the Force. While this has little real ability it does allow the pair to more easily find and track each other through the Force, allowing Draco to more accurately locate the other ring in the cosmos should he need to without leaving a noticeable trail for others.

The rings themselves have a smooth engraving on the inside with the words "Oyar'u bal Ratiin". Draco's ring is white aurodium without a visible gem and Faith's ring is white aurodium with a two carat diamond, a pair of half carat diamonds, and a set of one thirty two carat diamonds in laid into the band. The rings only work for Draco and Faith, having been bonded to the pair during forging, binding their essences into both rings.

Special Features:
  • Force Bond: The rings allow the wearers, assuming they are Force Sensitive, to better sense the other. Being able to sense them and their emotions over vast distances, enhancing the range of Telepathy between the two wearers.
  • Durability: The rings are almost indestructible by normal means.
REFERENCES

[member="Draco Vereen"]

As Phridium is a derivative of Phrik, it will require a development thread.

In addition, please mention the ring's durability in the special features section. #MinorNitPick

Otherwise, this looks good to me.

[member="Isley Verd"]
Using Phridium vs pure aurodium not gonna change anything, its a window dressing. I wasn't aware Phridium required a Development thread, kinda makes it pointless in my opinion. Might as well use phrik which has all of the Resistance to Lightsabers Phridium lacks, none of the downsides of being overly flexible.

I can use Mandalorian Steel instead if that will save me the dev thread, but if I've got to do 10 posts, I'm just gonna make it out of Phrik since Phridium (I assisted in Writing the sub) is worthless by comparison if it requires the same dev and thus, fairly stupid to even exist in the first place.

Also, minor nitpick, as someone who helped with the Phridium Sub, it is not derived from Combining Phrik and Ciridium. Its its own mineral/element with differing atomic numbers and mass, and is effectively a more durable Ciridum but isn't all the way to Lightsaber Resistance like Phrik is.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Derivative, as in, it's a chaos substance born from a canon one.

As per the disclaimer on the Phridium submission, using it requires a development thread. You're free to swap it out for Mandalorian Steel or otherwise to save yourself ten posts.

[member="Isley Verd"]

Done.

And personally, I'd like to talk about editing the crap out of Phridium to make it worth the post requirements it has. As it sits, its flimsy Duraplast that requires the same dev as Phrik because of its name for all intents and purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom