Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Down to Earth

56d6594285ce2a9a6bc58f23ef236651.jpg

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
Z9U36lL.png
While the Baran Do were a rather comprehensive Force Tradition, it wasn’t all that active in Dorin society as it used to be long ago. But when they do act it’s generally quite impactful on the world.

Ko listened to Cora mention how she imagined she’d be married if not on Coruscant. He didn’t really know much about her time with Horace. But the Kel Dor didn’t get the impression it was a particularly good healthy marriage. If he was being honest he felt like the whole structure of a noble class was a lousy house of cards. The arranged marriages being one of its weakest pillars.

Estranged husbands of wifes generally made poor parents, bad parents made worse children who later became parents of their own. Repeating a cycle of generational misery. Worst of all being that they were supposed to be leaders in their societies.

“For what it’s worth Cora… I’m glad you're back.” Ko recognized that they weren’t the closest, and have only shared a handful of interactions together. But still wished the best for her.

Before trying to get another plant into the ground he dug into the soil some more. Trying to create enough to easily take it from pot to ground. But Ko paused for a second when he heard Cora’s question. “Sometimes yes, it does…” He let out a sigh before continuing the elaborate. “It feels like as much a key to freedom as it does a ball and chain. Without it I’d never be able to leave Dorin. I’d be stuck within its confines, never to see the rest of the galaxy. But it’s something I need to have, without it I’d choke to death. It makes the whole galaxy just seem that much more hostile, and unwelcoming.”

Ko explained to her, letting her know some of the duality he felt because of the antiox mask he needed to wear. How it could make him feel even more different, and that he didn’t belong. He couldn’t eat, breathe, or even see without his goggles even before he lost his eyes. Despite how alienating it felt, he knew he wasn't unique. Not other were there other Kel Dor in the galaxy, but other species that regularly faced the same practical problems when away from their homeworld.

Cora smiled softly. "I'm glad to be back, Ko. As much as I miss Ukatis, I've made some very good connections here." Even though they'd only had a handful of interactions, she counted the Kel'dor among them.

Ko's thoughts about his mask made her consider the level of freedom he had – without it he would perish off of Dorin, but with it, he could travel most worlds freely. She couldn't imagine having that kind of biological limitation, especially one that forced you to breathe through a mask for much of your life.

"I suppose it makes the Alliance's decision to be headquartered on Coruscant rather human-centric." There were other factors, too. Coruscant was a bustling city-planet with a rich history and many resources. "Just be careful the next time you decide to unleash a can of Dorin Gas in your dorm room." She teased. "I was in the shower when the alarm went off."

While The New Jedi Temple Smoke Alarm Scare of 899 ABY had startled her, Cora couldn't blame Ko for wanting to breathe without his mask for a few hours, something that was easy for a human to take for granted. In retrospect, it was even amusing.

"You know, Dorin is right on the edge of the Alliance's northern border." Her tone took on a curious note as she planted another seedling into the moist soil. "Do you think they'd be willing to join? I hear that some of the worlds under our protection have been…concerned about our ability to protect them."

Especially since Kiffu. Especially Ukatis.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Z9U36lL.png
“I agree, mostly at least, but Coruscant has more going for it than just its air, like it’s location. Plus many sentients across the galaxy have physiologies that are well adapted to type one atmospheres.” Ko commented regarding Coruscant being the capital world of the GA. Before hearing Cora refer back to his little mistake a while back after leaving The Service Corps. However, he was unaware of the fact that she was taking a shower when it occurred.

The mention of that and the general reminder causing some of the skin surrounding his antiox mask to turn noticeably more red. “Oh… uh, yeah sorry about that. I guess you could say I was feeling a little homesick then.” He apologized with a soft chuckle, though clearly a bit embarrassed even with the mask covering his expression.

Cora mentioned Dorin again in regards to it joining the Galactic Alliance. He thought for a moment to consider if the people there would be interested in joining. “I think the Baran Do would be rather eager to reconnect with the Jedi again, and would likely usher leaders across the planet to join. I’m sure many would find it preferable to living under Imperial governorship.” Ko wasn’t entirely sure how they would view the issue of security however. Beyond it being a rather inhospitable world, getting to the system was treacherous enough on its own, considering that it was sandwiched between two blackholes. Then again Ukatis had little to no strategic value and it got attacked. So Ko couldn’t entirely rule out the possibility of it being attacked. “I believe most would be willing to join.”

After Ko shared his thoughts on the matter he telekintically summoned the small pot with his Kand tree sappling to his hand gently. He observed the garden some to find a good place for it. "Hmm... where to put you little one..." Ko mused to himself softly while holding the tiny potted plant.

Noting the way Ko's skin began to flush - a trait they both shared despite their clear biological differences - Cora smiled gently.

"It's alright, no one got hurt. Just give me a heads up next time you might trigger an emergency alarm, okay?"

Her tone was congenial, teasing almost. She understood the feeling of homesickness, but perhaps it ran a little deeper for Ko. It made enough sense, given that even the air on Coruscant was hostile to him.

"Thats good to hear. I'd love to learn more about the Baran Do - I'm sure that they and the Jedi could learn a lot from one another."

Cora wasn't sure what life was like under Imperial rule; she was too young to remember a time when the New Imperials had claimed a large swath of the galaxy and waged war against first the Sith, and then the Alliance. Some worlds had thrived under their influence, while others had not.

Ko turned his attention to the kand sapling, which drew Cora's eyes to the potted plant as well. She looked back to the garden bed, searching for a spot that would give the tree room to grow while not crowding out everything else they had planted.

"How about here?" She offered, patting a bare spot near the center, slightly offset towards the back. "I've got a few poola blossoms left, too. They'd look lovely blooming around the kand tree once it matures.”

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Z9U36lL.png
Ko was thankful his little mistake hadn't hurt anyone. Even though he knew that Dorin Gas was largely harmless to other people. However, the helium rich make up made the following chastising of him oddly comedic as it made their voices higher pitched. “Will do Cora, fortunately my room on Master Si’s ship is much easier to climate control for myself.” Ko replied to her, referring to Jonyna’s ship.

“I think the two orders would manage to learn a good deal from each other. If my memory serves me right. They were a valued asset back in the day when the Jedi order was rebuilding. They safeguarded a good deal of knowledge for the Jedi to help them.” He mentioned, trying to remember if it was one of the old skywalkers that they worked with back then. Although Ko himself identified much more as a Jedi than one of the Sages, he still tried to maintain his knowledge of the order’s history even now.

As Cora pointed out a spot she thought might be nice for the Kand sapling he scooted over to where it was. “I’m sure that would be a lovely sight, just gotta manage the Poolas so they don’t smother the sapling while it’s still so vulnerable.” He mentioned before starting to dig out a bit of a hole with his claws to place the tree down. “Considering that there’s a lot more carbon dioxide in this atmosphere, I imagine it’ll grow pretty quickly. My own bonsai back in my dorm can be a real hassle sometimes in keeping it small and manageable.” Ko explained some. “Remind me to share with you some of the fruit when mine grows some this year. I always try to collect them to make a kind of fresh fruit tea.” To him it definitely felt nice to share some of his background with a fellow padawan.

Ko brought up a good point – Force traditions, so long as they were appropriately aligned in the big picture – should forge and upkeep relationships with one another. The NJO wasn't the only Light-sided order in the galaxy, but it was easy to become focused on them as the be-all end-all given how large they were, and their attachment to the Galactic Alliance.

"It sounds like we're due to visit our friends of the Baran Do. I've been to some of the smaller enclaves connected to the Order, but I'd like to visit as many as I can. Who knows what we can learn? Who knows what we don't know?"

The sheltered girl from Ukatis had been confronted with an incredible amount of information over the past few years. Some lessons had been more difficult to absorb than others, but each made up a little bit of who she'd become.

Cora perked a little, smiling proudly when Ko approved of her spot for the kand tree. "Of course," She agreed quickly. "I'll plant a few further away from the little sapling for now. Once it gets nice and strong, we can see about adding more." While she spoke, she went about the soil, trying to figure out the best area to plant the little bioluminescent flowers. It was hard to picture something that hadn't yet grown.

"Fresh fruit tea? Oh, that sounds simply divine." Cora sighed, tucking the last of the blossoms into the earth. "I could certainly use some now. I think we've just about finished!"

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Z9U36lL.png
“I myself am fairly familiar with The Green Jedi enclave on Corellia. It was kinda like my home away from home with the NJO when I was in the Agricultural Corps. Other than that though, I’ve never been to any others.” Ko replied in regards to the other enclaves out there. Given that the planet he did the bulk of his farming on was in the corellian sector. He couldn’t help but view Cora’s readiness to visit Dorin and the Baran Do as incredibly endearing. Considering how she was when they first met. Where she called him a bothan before using him as cover to shield her embarrassment in the presence of a band.

As they settled their plants around the garden, he could only imagine how it might all turn out. Since it currently was still a bit bare with the young plants. But once grown would surely create a wonderful sight.

Hearing how Cora thought the mention of the fruit tree sounded devine Ko ‘smiled’ behind his mask. “I agree, just a bit of watering for the plants themselves and we’re done here I think.” Ko said back while wiping away some of the loose dirt from his clawed hands. “I don’t really have any canned fruit teas however.” He added with a slight chuckle. “I’m sure we could prepare some back in the temple though.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom