Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Down down to Goblin Town

Alderaan, once a crown jewel of the Republic. A world of peace and tranquility, but all that changed when the Sith invaded and took the world that was rightfully theirs, as all worlds were. If someone who had lived there previously could see the world now, they would weep.

The Yuuzhan Vong that were allied with the One Sith had changed the world into vision of what they considered perfection, another Yuuzhantar if one could call it that. Taeli Rae, known as Darth Arcanix amongst the Sith, might be interested in the Yuuzhan Vong, but that was not why she had arrived on the planet now. The rare mineral phrik was what was on her mind, and mining enough of it to begin the production of her secret project she had been working on.

Alas, Krayt Industries did not have a mining operation fully established on the planet, but that was about to change. Using her secret partner, Alexandra Feanor's old temple as a main office and home base, Taeli had ordered her engineers to construct a phrik mining facility nearby for two reasons. One to make sure this area of the world remained untouched by the Vong as she had promised Alex, and two it was an ideal location for mining.

"We have begun cutting a shaft down into the crust of the planet over an extreme rich vein of the phrikite ore, Lady Arcanix," her chief mining engineer was explaining as Taeli walked through the construction and mining site. Even as they built the facilities above ground, she didn't want a single delay in the work so pre-fabricated structures had been erected and heavy equipment brought in.

"Excellent, I shall be participating in the mining myself," she said, striding towards the started mining area. "I won't be the person that people say does none of the hard work themselves."

"Of course, my Lady," the engineer said, nodding furiously. "We shall have equipment provided for you at once."

"See to it," she said, turning to look at the digging vehicles and the miners that were going into the first tunnel to begin expanding the mine network. In a way, she was following in the footsteps of Darth Bane by mining a resource herself and she figured it would be a good way to workout and think.

"Your equipment as requested, my Lady," the mining engineer said, placing a hydraulic jack along with a rebreather and protective goggles. Taeli had also changed out of her dress and dressed in work clothes that wouldn't be out of place in the mine. She could feel the eyes of several miners watching her, feeling their skepticism about her being able to do much of anything down below, but they had no idea what the Force could allow her to do.

"Thank you," she said, grabbing the safety equipment and hefting the hydraulic jack. It was a very heavy piece of equipment, straining her muscles, but it would prove to be a way to stay strong and the Force would help sustain her as she worked. To the miners, she simply stated, "Don't be so skeptical until you actually see me working."

Shouldering the jack, she followed them into the mine and prepared for a very long and grueling task ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom