Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Double Trouble

With: Loomi Loomi | Tala Vale Tala Vale
Equipment: Jedi Robes | Lightsaber

Chirp had been sent to retrieve one. A random mouse droid he'd found rolling around had been sent to retrieve the other.

The room he had picked was quite small, even by Jedi standards. It was barren except for three chairs. The walls were bland, coloured cream with no decoration or pictures hanging in the slightest. The floors were just as basic and bland as the wall, darker coloured carpet that appeared to have seen wear over the years. Two of the chairs were positioned in the middle of the room, side by side. Opposite them was the third.

A Jedi had taken up a seat in the single chair, a datapad on his lap. There was nothing of note on the datapad, navigational data for an upcoming trip said Jedi was intenting to take. The line on the screen indicating the route was very weird. He'd had to plan a very interesting route to planets on opposite sides of Galactic Alliance space, especially as the Jedi had intentions to visit multiple planets and conduct multiple meetings whilst he was off world.

Said Jedi was Caden Evesa, Jedi Knight of the New Jedi Order.

Only recently had the Jedi returned from Commenor, his first official outing since rejoining the New Jedi Order in an official capacity. There he had been joined by Loomi, along with a second Jedi Padawan and a Mandalorian. They'd been fighting pirates, which seemed to be all that the Jedi had done since his return to the order. It was on that mission however that his intentions had been formed, that he knew what he was going to do once they had returned to Courscant.

He had given a few days for Loomi to collect herself. There had been an incident whilst on the mission to Commenor which involved Loomi and Caden only felt it fair to give her a few days to recover from it. He didn't want to burden her so soon after a traumatic event, even if it wasn't his intention to burden her at all. Whilst he wasn't intending to, he knew how much of a burden what he was going to ask her could be.

As for Tala, he'd already formed his intentions after their mission to Thyferra. She had done well operating alongside him, he knew how difficult that could be. He did however see her lack of confidence in the Force and her abilities. Studying her is what lead him to believe that she would be able to access her abilities better with some guidance from an individual person instead of just the classes offered by the New Jedi Order.

Thus he waited for both to arrive. One with Chirp, one with a mouse droid.

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Caden Evesa Caden Evesa , Tala Vale Tala Vale

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi had slept like the dead after returning from Commenor. Initially, all she could think about was freezing up during the mission, but it wasn't long before pretty much everything had completely slipped her mind. The minute her body had planted itself on her hammock-bed-swing-thing she had woven, all that remained was the warmth of slumber. She woke rather frizzled in the morning, however, hearing a thumping noise at her door. Colette Colette seemed to be out, so it ruled her out as the source. Rather absentmindedly, Loomi rolled out of bed, her hair wild and unkempt. She retrieved a frozen waffle from the freezer, put it in-between her teeth, and slowly hobbled her way over to the door...

Where a lone mouse droid was waiting to greet her.

"Golly, hello," she yawned, rubbing her eye. "Who are you, lil fella?"

The droid simply beeped out a request for her to follow. Loomi couldn't say no to that. Not to a cute little mouse droid, and especially not in such a delirious state. The Godoan munched on her frozen waffle as she tailed the droid absentmindedly down the halls of the Temple until finally arriving at a small conference room of sorts. Loomi poked her head in, waffle still in her mouth, finding the sight of Caden Evesa. She was far too tired to find this revelation shocking in any way.

"Heih Cad'm," she mumbled through the waffle.

Tala was in the middle of sleeping with her arms around her girlfriend when she heard a series of banging sounds and beeps at the other side of the door. It took a minute to untangle herself and get up from the bed. Hopefully, it is just a package delivery. Otherwise, there is going to be a problem...

The blind young woman would put on underwear and dress in a fluffy white robe with one-strap sandals. This is fine. It's not like I'm going to a mission briefing or something like that. Her last mission with Knight Caden had already gone over and done with or at least she thought so. What she didn't expect when she opened up the door was Caden's Astromech Chirp, causing a racket and running over her foot as the door opened up." OW! What the hell Chirp! Be more careful!" was all she could say before it raced off down the hall. She could only write a quick note saying that she would be out for the morning for M before trying to limp after the robotic menace. It seemed like the Knight wasn't done with her yet.

With her red hair taking the form of a tangled-up monster, Tala managed to stagger into the small conference room under her own power. Panting shallowly after having to run across the temple campus, the scowl on her face showed to both Knight and Padawan what mood the Giant was in. "Caden... You could have just sent a holo message... rather than just send your droid husband to assault my foot..."

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa , Loomi Loomi

Droid husband was a new one.

The young Jedi attempted to bite his tongue, keep up the serious nature that he had set the room with. He'd spent so much time ensuring the room seemed all serious and official he wanted to keep it that way. It didn't last however, the young Knight unable to keep a straight face. He let out a soft chuckle at Tala's comment about Chirp being his droid husband.

It was early, earlier than Caden had even realised. Either that or both Padawan's clearly liked a lie in when they didn't have classes or duties. He'd clearly woken both Tala and Loomi. Loomi had walked in munching on her breakfast, looking completely exhausted. Tala had stormed in with a look of thunder across her face, hair shoved up and fluffy robe adorned.

"Apologies for Chirp, his assault definitely wasn't ordered by me. Take that up with my droid husband if you have an issue with it"

He smiled softly and gestured to the two chairs that had been set up opposite him. He hoped Loomi and Tala would both choose to take a seat, however he couldn't be entirely sure Tala wasn't going to pick the chair up and beat him with it. He was well aware he hadn't done a good job at defusing the situation, he was mostly banking on the hope his next comment would do that for him.

"I assume you're both wondering why I summoned you here on your day's off. It wasn't just to get you both out of bed, I promise. Also fortunately, I'm not about to assign you a mission to go wandering across the galaxy. No. We've already done our fair share of that. Instead, I'm here with an offer to you both, should you choose to accept it"

Weirdly mysterious. He liked it.

"I've been watching both of you throughout your recent studies, speaking to your tutors here in the temple and talking to other Master's and Knight's whom you may have come across. Everyone speaks highly of both of you, agrees you both have a future here as competent Jedi Knight's if you have the right mentor. I even spoke to the Shield of the Jedi himself regarding you both."

A pause. He took it for dramatic effect, of course.

"Hence we're here today. I may not be the most conventional Jedi, hell I might not even be the best Jedi for the job. I do however believe I have the abilities and skills to ensure both of you do well and succeed where you need to. I believe that I can guide you both to a solid understanding of the Force, and everything associated with that"

He offered a smile.

"So, I offer to you both, my services as a Master. You would both become my Padawan learners, studying not only from your tutors here in the temple but from me. I would become directly responsible for your learning, ensuring that we achieve the best from you as Jedi so that you're ready to take on the trials in the future and at some point progress to Knighthood"

Caden looked between the duo, and waited for a response.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Caden... You could have just sent a holo message... rather than just send your droid husband to assault my foot..."

Loomi, being half asleep and still preoccupied with munching on her waffle, didn't process any of the words that the newly arrived padawan had said. There was really only one thought that came to her very scattered mental state...

"Tall lady..." she mumbled.

It seemed an accurate enough description. The teen was clearly much taller than her. One thought was enough to trigger another, and already the cogs were beginning to turn in the Godoan's head again. She could actually begin to think critically again, and almost immediately she began to wonder what exactly had gathered them here. Loomi sat as Caden instructed, now nervously nibbling on her sad excuse for a breakfast. By the time the knight got to the meat of what he was saying, there was nothing left of the waffle but the crumbs on her cheeks.

"I would become directly responsible for your learning, ensuring that we achieve the best from you as Jedi so that you're ready to take on the trials in the future and at some point progress to Knighthood"

"R-really?!" Loomi stammered, somewhat taken aback.

Someone wanted to train her? As in, actually wanted to train her? The revelation was incredibly jarring, enough to wake the girl fully. Loomi took a moment to clean up her face a little before giving a response she felt would be far more appropriate.

"O-of course, sir," she nodded, attempting to come off as collected as she could (though not truly succeeding), "I would ne honored."

Tala gave a withering glare at the droid as it hid behind Caden's legs before raising an eyebrow as she looked at the smaller gawking Godoan. The expression she made as she looked at the redhead made it seem like she really was a monster. The state she was in didn't really help so Tala settled on grumbling as she pulled the chair around and rested her body against the back of it as she tried to fix her hair. "At least he gave me time to put underwear on..."

The Tall Padawan listened to what the Jedi Knight had to say and was deep in thought when Caden finished his pitch. He was right when he said that he might not be the best teacher for them. But then again, she did like him over other teachers. He was relatable in a way... like he was learning alongside them. Besides, when was she going to get this chance again? It was Loomi's acceptance that put her over the edge. "Alright, I'm in too. Hopefully, we can learn from each other."

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Loomi Loomi

Caden watched as the duo processed his offer.

Loomi was the first to respond. His offer jarred her from her half asleep state that she had arrived in. She seemed to fully wake after he presented his offer and he watched as she spent a few moments cleaning her face off (her breakfast had ended up everywhere) and began to pull herself together. He offered her a slight smile towards the young Godoan as she accepted his offer.

Tala responded a few moments later. The taller of the duo had spent the time during his speech fixing her hair, which Caden understood. She too accepted his offer, seemingly pushed on by Loomi's acceptance. Tala mentioned that they could learn from each other, which was one of the positives he had thought about when deciding to take on both of them at the same time.

"Then it is official. From now on, I am no longer sir, or Caden. From now on I am Master Evesa, or Master"

Caden cast his eyes towards the Godoan when he mentioned sir, then flicked his eyes to Tala when mentioning Caden. If they were going to officially become his Padawan learners, they would have to show a level of respect. It was a similar level of respect he had to show Okkeus all of the years prior.

"Under normal circumstances I would suggest beginning your studies today, however unfortunately I won't be here. I'm leaving the temple within the next few hours. I shouldn't be gone for long, I'll be attending some personal business off world. Whilst I'm gone, both of you just keep attending your studies with your teachers. Don't do anything I would do, and if you have any questions either consult some of the Jedi in the temple or contact me via holo"

The Jedi Knight looked at both his students slowly, smiling.

"If there's no further questions, the rest of the day is yours to enjoy."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Then it is official. From now on, I am no longer sir, or Caden. From now on I am Master Evesa, or Master"

"Y-yes sir!" Loomi responded, before awkwardly frowning. "I mean Master, sir."

That was going to take a while to get used to. Sir and Ma'am just seemed like the appropriate response to every person she came across. It would take some time to get her speaking habits in order.

Aside from just that, however, she had processed now that she had a fellow peer, one training under the same master. That was an exciting prospect. The Godoan turned to the tall Miraluka, a warm smile spreading across her face. It was full of genuine excitement, that which one might expect from a child on a holiday outing.

"Hi!" she greeted, extending her hand, "I'm Loomi. Nice to meet ya!"

Tala had a slight smile on her face as she nodded. "Master, it is then." It would be nice to have someone to learn from and even nicer to have someone to talk to. Her smile dipped a little bit as her Master said he would be away on personal business. That either meant two things, he was visiting friends or it was a council mission he could risk bringing them on. All she could hope was that he came back to teach his first lesson to his new students.

Her attention then twisted toward the young woman beside her. The Godoan was definitely something... unique. It felt like she could probably power the entirety of Courasant on her own. If she had this much energy flowing out of her by just sitting, Tala wondered just how fast she could run. As Loomi reached out with her hand, Tala awkwardly reached out and grasp it like a robot would. "I'm Tala... It's nice to meet you too Loomi." With that, the words stalled out as Tala tried to find a topic of conversation. All her brain came back to was though Did my first meeting with her just happen with me in my fucking bathrobe?

Loomi Loomi Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom