Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Double Hunt

Rebekka Brek Madak

Paradoxical Bucket Full of Crazy!
52-640x278.jpg

Coruscant Underlevels - 1247, green sector

Rebekka Brek Madak was currently on the hunt, looking for a skeevy bothan named Tranth Dattov, who had angered the cartels by skimming credits off the top ... Or was it the bottom ? No matter, Brek was gonna bring Tranth in for the price of a pretty cool Five Thousand credits.

Brek had tracked him to level 1247, to a rusted-out ship carcass at the bottom of a giant shaft, that had been converted to a hole-in-the-floor bar. The pretty boy hunter was amusingly unsurprised at that. Brek was currently wearing a slats blast vest, tech-ed out gauntlets, a pair of war belts full of gadgets and ammo, a vibro-saber, a pair of DL-44's, and a Y-wing helmet with a chin-to-brow mirrored faceplate.

Walking up to the downright already-dead-looking devaronian bartender, Madak put a bounty puck on the counter, and it lit up. "Seen him ?" Madak said simply. The bartender replied "An hour ago." and thumbed to the side-room where there was booths along the walls.

Going into the room, he takes a central booth and starts subtly watching the other patrons, seeking to find a nervous bothan.

Last edited:
sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

vrAtM7D.png
g32Twfi.gif

C O R U S C A N T
L E V E L - 1 2 4 7

Aloy walked silently through the streets of the underlevels, Her fur collar ragged and dripping wet from the "Rain" that always seemed to fall through the upper levels and trickle down into the urban underworld of the core world capital. Funny, Wasn't this lightless labyrinth exactly what most cultures described a "Hell"?
Drop by drop, It fell from the ceiling and slid down the skeletal visage of her helm and onto her collar. Whatever liquid her collar couldn't absorb was sweat out and trickled down the dull blue painted beskar she wore, Which had been adorned with the symbols of House Vizsla and no shortage of pouches and equipment. Namely the strange
Vibro sword on her hip, The folded staff on her back, The large pistols on either thigh and the heavily modified but oh-so-classic EE-3 Carbine resting in her arms.

She was armed to the teeth, And made no effort to hide it or her affiliation with the Loyalist splinter-cell within House Vizsla, Or the Mandalorian Union. And yet, it didn't matter. Down here, All anyone cared about was your skill with a blaster and will to survive. And she had brought both in plenty.

Suddenly, A
Red blinking light on her bracer catches her eye, The little light blinking in and out with increasing frequency the further down the street she gets.

Step by step, She follows the tracking fob's digital trail through the maze of duracrete until she'd found herself staring out of a large metallic shaft and into the rusted carcass of a starship that had no right to be down here. And yet, here it was, And home to a seedy little bar no less.

Aloy enters the bar, Slowly scanning the room from side to side with her eyes and with a plethora of electrical scanners before casually approaching the bar, Resting one hand on the counter and the other on her carbine.

<"Whisky. Corellian.">

She says, Her baritone but youthful voice echoing with a metallic tinge inside her helm.

EB6p6Ts.png

Rebekka Brek Madak

Side-looking back to the entry foyer room, Rebekka saw a full-gear mando walk in and order a drink. ~Interesting~ Rebekka was, oddly, sans drink, in the booth. Getting back up, he walked back to the bar counter, and spoke to the mando. "Not many mando's down here, and certainly not often." and there was a smile to his voice.

"What acquisition are ya looking for ?" Brek said, using abit of bounty hunter lingo, as he slid the visor up to his nose, and the face-shield going transparent. Brek's face was pale, androgynous, and had bold blue eyes, and his voice was also solidly androgynous.

Brek pointed to a pink bottle, and the undead-looking bartender poured the drinks. Lifting his shotglass, he saluted a toast to the mando "To the Hunt" and downed it in one go.

Last edited:

vrAtM7D.png
g32Twfi.gif

S E E D Y - B A R
L E V E L - 1 2 4 7

The arrival of the third individual had caught her attention before they spoke to the Vizsla, Causing her turn ever so slightly and give them a once over through the corner of her visor. By their use of the old lingo, This one seemed to be another Bounty Hunter. Figures, Only her fellow scum down here. Just like old times. It wasn't long after they spoke that their visor slid up and became transparent, Letting the Mandalorian get a better look at the figure, Which caused her to turn and properly face her fellow Bounty Hunter. Funny though, They looked familiar. To familiar...

<"A fellow hunter? Smooth too. Hmmh. I wonder if we're after the same Acquisition you and I.">

She gives the androgynous figure a low nod and takes up her drink in her free hand, Placing a small straw in so she can keep her helmet on.

<"To the Hunt!"> And with a raise of her glass and a few sips, The small glass was empty and returned to the counter where it belonged.

<"Mm- It's been too long since I came across another guild member. Code demands that I never turn down a Hunter in need, So if you feel like dropping the lone wolf game for a little collaboration, Well.">

In truth, There were other motives at play here, But for now at least, Cooperation between the two seemed like the way to go in her eye.
EB6p6Ts.png

Rebekka Brek Madak

"Well, im up for teaming up if you are. We split the creds, down the middle, and the rest we can discuss, in the next room." Brek said, waiving for the pink bottle again, and sliding afew credits to him, before grabbing the bottle and the shotglass. Going back to the booth that he was at with the pink bottle and glass in hand, he settled into the bench seat, adjusting any weapons out of the way alongside the bench.

Rebekka Madak then laid the bounty puck that he was tracking, out on the table. Pressing the button, it showed a holo-bust of Tranth Dattov, along with his name, and along the side, his rap sheet. Even for a bothan, Tranth was especially sketchy looking.

Madak spoke "You can call me Brek-Madak. Im a fan of your people's works." and offered a business-like handshake. A kark-eating grin was plastered across his face, pleased as a knock-out that he was getting to work alongside a mando again. He was trying very hard to not fan-girl and embarrass himself by fawning over the armor, but it was otherwise obvious that he was a mando-fan.

vrAtM7D.png
g32Twfi.gif

S E E D Y - B A R
L E V E L - 1 2 4 7

It seemed like a fair deal, Though Aloy had stacked it all in her favor already. With this ruse going, She could find one's target, Take that one and then betray the hunter and take both bounties when they least expected, If the bothan was even worth the trouble. Alright Aloy, Back up to your old tricks from before the name change are we?

She gives them another nod in agreement and sets her glass aside, Following the hunter to the next booth where she sat across from them, Crossing her legs under the table and keeping one hand on her pistol just in case.

"Brek Madek" was the name she was given. Fairly human name, Nothing out of the ordinary except for one little detail: This was the name of her target. The hunter had confirmed her suspicion and it'd be time to act soon.

Though, It seemed a shame to turn on someone so enthusiastic about their little duo. It almost made her feel guilty, Something that would have seemed so uncharacteristic of the Bounty Hunter before meeting her Partner, Darsch Vizsla, But now... She was a changed woman, Wasn't she?

<"You seem oddly enthusiastic about this. Most people these days hate my kind... Well, Bre-Madek. My name is Aloy. Aloy Vizsla. Pleasure to work with you.">

She extends her leather-clad hand and gives Madek a firm shake.

<"I wonder. Am I the first of the Mando'ad you've worked with?">
EB6p6Ts.png

Rebekka Brek Madak

<"I wonder. Am I the first of the Mando'ad you've worked with?"> Aloy Vizsla said. Rebekka replied. "No, i worked with a Skirata or two in the past, and a Kar'ta once, and .... (drink shot) .... afew others i forgot the names of. It's been awhile." and he tipped another shot of the pink stuff back.

Continuing, Brek spoke again "But anyway, on to the details: Your Bounty Puck, and how long you've been at it. I've had mine for two weeks." Madak would bet credits to cake slices, that the vod across the table was also hunting Tranth. Rebekka Madak had been tracking Tranth for about two weeks now, as the bothan hopped from world to world, using the very same inter-gal bulk bus-transports that the skeevy bothan himself was using.

In the no-name rusted-out kark-hole of a bar, the tension was palpable as two hunters was in the middle of a booze-soaked den of bounty-saps, who were all sweating bullets as to who the two were hunting. Madak could feel it like a sliver just under the skin, like a maddening itch that was almost painful to scratch at.

Last edited:

vrAtM7D.png

S E E D Y - B A R - L E V E L - 1 2 4 7

<"So you've worked with plenty of us than. Interesting. I wish I could say the same, Not many left after the fall...">
She takes another sip of her drink through the straw, But otherwise left it alone. Best to keep up appearances but remain sober enough to act quickly.

<"Ah, But back to business. I've had the puck and a tracking fob for a little less than a month now. Been an interesting search, As my acquisition uses random public transport, Makes it easier in some ways and harder in others. But, You knew that already didn't you.
heh...">
She too was well aware that the other patrons were watching and listening intently, But she didn't care. If anyone did anything stupid, She could tank more than a few hits in this armour and deal more than a little damage in response. This "Madek" though, S\he was her primary concern. S\he didn't look like too big a threat for her if she decided to spring her trap, But S\he had worked with mandalorians in the past. A lot too, And from reputable clans it seemed. Was that simply a matter of being in the right time at the right place, Or had they sought madek our for their skills? This could be interesting, But problematic... It might be better to stun madek from under the table while she still has a chance...

gcI0g1h.png

Rebekka Brek Madak

"Yes, using public transport is a strange sort of style, these days. Then again, it fits, being that im also strange." Madak said. "Since you've had the puck for a month, i suppose it's really only fair to let you have the lead capture on Tranth."

With that decided, Brek nodded solemnly, and got up from the booth "Time to go to work, then." he said, a dark be-fanged grin on his face. Walking back to the bar, to drop off the pink-stuff bottle, the shotglass, and another credit coin, Madak then proceeded to walk out of the bar, sliding the visor back down as he passed the doorway, and the face-shield going mirrored again.

- Out into the underlevels again, Madak looped around the wrecked starship that was the seedy bar, to a small 5 level drop off, and he waited, staring out into the vast space of it all. Madak was waiting for The Ashla to play music at him, the music of what to do next, where to go next.

And then he heard it, distantly, softly. Adventure.

Last edited:

vrAtM7D.png

L E V E L - 1 2 4 7

<"Fitting indeed"> She chuckles <"And that's unnecessary, But if you like then I'll lead."> Madek seemed like a good sort, Someone she could see herself working with again, If only they'd met under different circumstances. She'd been hunted by bounty hunters before as well, But she was usually the one doing the hunting, And that wasn't changing anytime soon.
So, She follows Madek out of the bar, Disappointed that S\he had moved before she could stun the adventurous hunter and get out of this dimly lit underworld.

The odd rain begins trickling down her blue helm once again as she exits, Coming to a stop beside Madek while scanning the labyrinth of urban underworld beyond, Amazed at the sheer size of the underground complex, Having come from a humble place herself.

<"It never ceases to amaze me, These big cities. I've grown used to winding through the alleys below, But to see it from above? We didn't have anything like this where I grew up. Amazing what people can build when given the resources. Even if it does lead to life down here eventually.">

gcI0g1h.png

Rebekka Brek Madak

"I grew up in the Underlevels, but yes, this sort of view is pretty good." Madak said, before taking a device out of his pouches belt, and attaching a hook thing to a random bolt as a tether, "This is where the fun begins .... Stay close, you can get lost real fast in The Stacks." Brek said, before going over the side and zip-lining down the building-cliff-plateau.

The Stacks

Landing on the tarmac and concrete below, Madak pressed a button on the belt-gadget and the hook unlatched and the line fell down to Madak, and the line re-coiled up back into the device. Then, he drew a pistol, and stalked along the maze of alleyways and stairs that lead into the wretched and decaying Urbanscape.

Last edited:

vrAtM7D.png

T H E - S T A C K S - L E V E L - 1 2 4 7

<"Show off haha!"> She laughs while taking a few steps back. Giving herself plenty of room, She takes a running leap off the side and plumits through the air about halfway down before activating her integrated jetpack, The ion thrusters bathing the wall behind her in a cold blue glow until she had landed safely down below.

Once below, She sets her EE-3 Carbine to stun and activates her scan pulse, Quickly doing a sweep of the area and highlighting any organic creatures within 10 feet of herself. So far so good, And Madek wasn't far either.

Catching up to Madek, She half a mind to stun the hunter and call it day, But there was a moment of hesitation.

<"Hey... On your six. How far's the target?"> May as well learn whether it's worth the risk of nabbing them both first...

gcI0g1h.png

Rebekka Brek Madak

<"Hey... On your six. How far's the target?"> she asked. Brek replied "Unknown, but close, i can Feel it. There's a small landing pad ontop of the stacks, and by hopping down 5 stories, we cut about 40 minutes of walking thru hallway and stair mazes. There's also a tucked away void space, that if we can scale it, we can shave off atleast another 10 minutes." Brek said, walking with his pistol out, fast-walking down the otherwise abandoned hallways, with piles of slimey trash and blasted holes in the walls and missing wall panels.

Coming to a loose wall panel, Brek slid it open "Ah, here we are. The closeted ladder." and he stepped inside into a pitch black closeted space, remnants of an ancient lift tube. "This goes all the way to the top of the stacks, and is blocked only by acouple of loose wall panels, that goes to some stairs to the roof pad." and Brek started climbing it, grasping at the various leftover frames, piping, and struts, like a haphazard ladder.

Last edited:

vrAtM7D.png

T H E - S T A C K S - L E V E L - 1 2 4 7

<"Sounds like the right move then"> She says as she leans in under the missing panel, Her Nightvision visor immediately activating, Allowing her to see the pitch black interior of the ruined lift tube.

<"Hm... I don't like the idea of fiddling with panels while clinging to the tube... I'll clear us a path, You focus on not falling.">

Before Madek can even answer, Aloy had already shot up into the air in a ball of blue energy from her repulsorpack, Carrying high upwards towards the blockage in question. The trip upwards was mostly uneventful. She passed by blasted out holes and piping, Seeing the homeless in their makeshift shelters on the other side of the wall, Addicts pumping various chems or smoking death sticks, And even what would have been considered a crime scene, If only the coruscant guard ever came down here.

It reminded her of her old life under another name. Joti, They called her, Back when she first started Bounty Hunting. She used to make her living in the dim underworld of nar shaddaa, Living almost exactly like some of these people. Even the death sticks, the mere sight of them made her flinch, Remembering a thousand trips under their influence and the aftermath. Someone either died or she was hurt, Either way she ended up with regret and blood on her hands each day.

<"I... I thought I left this behind. What am I doing here...?" What indeed. She finally had a chance at a life thanks to her partner on Roon. she was finally fighting the good fight, But things were still hard. She'd let her emotions get the best of her and come down here to blow off steam.

She reaches the top at last, Coming to a stop in the cramped corners by the panels Madek had mentioned earlier.
<"
Hey!"> She calls down <"These the panels?">

gcI0g1h.png

Rebekka Brek Madak

"Yep, those are the ones." He called out to the Vizla already up there. Madak was making good time, methodically scurrying up the side of the wall, frame by frame, pipe by pipe, strut by strut. "Also, he's no good to us dead. Dead bounty on Dattov is null and void."

Soon enough, he was at the top, and stepped out onto the floor in front of the stairs, and then re-drew his pistol and stalked up the stairs. "You look Ready. GO !" Bursting out of the door, he shifted left and aimed at the other rooftop door - and just as it opened, who was it, but the bothan Tranth Dattov, like clockwork.

Ashla Strikes Again !

"Tranth Dattov - " and Brek didn't get to finish his sentence, before the skeevy bothan panicked and started blasting away with a heavy blaster pistol, as a transport skiff drifted down the massive shaft to land on the stacks landing pad. Brek's armor took two bolts, and laid him out on the deck. Brek gritted his teeth, and effortfully sat back up in spite of the burn spots on the other side of the slats. "You Have Chosen !" he said in a gritty, definitely male tone of voice, and blasted out Tranth's kneecaps. The bothan went down like a box of bent nails, screaming all the way.

The skiff landed, and four other heavy dudes got out, with guns. "Aw Kark It." Madak cursed, standing back up by grabbing the side of the railing. Brek mumbled something while doing funny things with his hands, and then drew his vibro-saber.

Last edited:

vrAtM7D.png

The lift tube is filled with a dull sky blue glow and the low hum of a vibro blade as Aloy's knuckle-blade extends from her gauntlet, Giving her a little something to slip between the panels as she prys them open and then tosses them aside, The durasteel panels cascading down with a crash somewhere in the pitch black void below them.

<"Ladies first!"> Her chuckles accompany a beckoning gesture into the new passage way. Whether Madek was a man or woman, Aloy wasn't entirely sure, But she found that the playful expression worked for most people, As long as they could handle the sarcastic Mir'sheb Mandalorian's humor.

With Madek now ahead and ready to roll, Aloy follows suit with her Custom EE-3 carbine raised and her scan pulse already mapping her surroundings.

<"Target, Just behind this door.">

"You look Ready. GO !"

<"Roger!">

Madek is first through the door, Eating a pair of heavy blaster bolts soon after, But Aloy refuses to give up the momentum.
She rounds the corner, Immediately firing off a three-round burst from her carbine, But misses. Thankfully, Madek blasts out the Bothan's knee caps while saying something through grit teeth, Sounding very much like some of the young men she'd fought beside before.

She runs to Madek's side, Reaching down to check on her target and simultaneous partner.

<"Hey, You good-"> Aloy is interrupted as a pair of blaster bolts literally bounce off of her breastplate and helm, Causing her to slowly turn her skull-like head towards her attackers, Who turn to look at each other briefly before taking aim at the mandalorian.

In a series of fluid movements, She levels her vambrace at one on her left, Firing one of her Hissing Ghosts at her target, While simultaneously leveling her carbine in one hand at the one on the right, Taking a step forward while unleashing several bursts of blaster fire and a repulsor-powered kunai that travels straight and true, Imbedding itself in the chest of one target while electrocuting him to death on the spot.

Her second target was much more resilient however, Tanking the blaster fire with his own combat armour while firing back, Knocking Aloy's aim away as a heavy blaster bolt burns through her flightsuit and impacts the armourweave lining in her shoulder, Throwing her arm and aim back.

Tossing her carbine aside, She rushes forward and quickly dispatches her opponent by activating extending the wrist blades in her forearm, Using the "Sword Breaker" design to catch and grab the man's blaster before yanking it from his grip and throwing the blaster aside and then using the very same blades to slash the man's throat.

The other two had taken this time to go after Madek while the mandalorian was distracted, And were closing in on them while Aloy's wrist blades were still stuck in her own target...

gcI0g1h.png

Rebekka Brek Madak

Two of the thugs advanced on Madak, and he swiftly poked a jab at him, carving a line along the chest. The slice was deep, but not immediately lethal. "Walk away, we aren't hunting you." when the other one drew up his rifle and opened fire at Brek, who almost blurred in moving the sword to deflect the blastershots away.

The other cut thug tag-teamed by grabbing the vibro-sword at the hilt, and ripping it away from Brek, while using his other hand to repeatedly smash Madak in the face. Fortunately, the starfighter helmet was tougher than it looked, and the face screen only cracked some. Brek still went down, though, ending up on the railing as the two goons smashed on him.

"Wait, wait ..... You forgot something." Madak said, and the two thugs were dumb enough to pause for a split-moment, long enough to look at eachother. Rebekka rewarded them with blaster fire from the gauntlets. The two dropped like the dead meat they now were. "I fight smarter, not harder." Brek finished his reply, as he stood up again, though kinda sore, and picked the saber back up.

Last edited:

vrAtM7D.png

Aloy finally breaks her gauntlet free, Ripping the blades free and spinning around just in time to see Madek deflecting blaster bolts with a kriffing vibrosword. Okay, Well that's new...

Next thing she Knew, Madek had been disarmed and knocked down, Causing her to rush forward with both her vambraces leveled on her foes and about to fire her slug thrower and hissing ghost.

Madek however has his or her own way out however, Easily dispatching the both of them with vambrace weaponry that Aloy must have missed previously.

She comes to a stop suddenly, Sliding forward just a little as both men fall right in front of her.

<"Well that's one way to do it. You alright?"> She asks while holding out a hand for Madek.

gcI0g1h.png

Rebekka Brek Madak

Accepting the hand to stand back up, Brek replied. "Nothing a good meal and a good night's sleep won't fix most of." He examined the sword, and saw that it had a heat-bend in it, and frowned. It would no longer fit in its scabbard, until fixed.

Brek removed the visibly deformed pilot helmet, and examined the cracks, which were beginning to ink-spall the electro-tinting into a drippy mess all over the face shield. "Ah well, not bad for a 3rd-hand pilot helmet with some rigged up parts." and he looped a rope around the jaw-strut of the helmet and stowed it on the belt.

"Now for finishing the Hunt." Brek said, Hefting the sword and walking over to the skeevy bothan. Grabbing Tranth by the collar, and sword in the other hand, he spoke "We can do this the easy way, or we can do it The Hard Way." Unfortunately, unhelmeted Brek was not scary. Tranth giggled at him trying to be scary.

"That's funny coming from a kid who can't manage to hit puberty." Tranth said, giggling again. "You're a heck of a mother, letting your son come on dangerous trips." Dattov said to Aloy. Brek's voice jumped an octave or two from anger, and he sounded straight up girly. "Shut it, horse-face !" and clubbed the bothan with the sword pommel. Unfortunately, this made said bounty giggle more in spite of the pain of getting shot and hit.

Last edited:

vrAtM7D.png

Well, That escalated quickly... But it wasn't done yet. <"You know what, Bothan? You're absolutely right. But he's not the only one I'm putting to sleep tonight...">

Without warning, She levels her vambrace on Tanth and a single paralysis dart is flung out, Imbedding itself between the bothan's neck and collar.

<"Anyway now that he's shut up," She rolls her eyes beneath her visor and then turns to Madek, Putting a hand on their shoulder.

<"We got one last problem though and I don't think you're gonna like it, But it is what it is.">

∗Click

Aloy's Westar-35DW is out of it's holster and pressed against Madek's abdomen. Set for stun of course.

<"Sorry Madek... But the puck's for you. Now, You can come quietly and make this easier on both of us, Or you can do something you'll regret and I'll have to K.O you're system with a stun blast. Which is it gonna be?">

gcI0g1h.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom