Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't you worry child (Ashin)

The invasion was over and she was free from the problems she had caused with the Galactic Empire. The girl had acted upon her feelings and nothing more. There was no sense to her actions and she had done so to try and fix the confusion that boiled in her mind. Pushing her way through soldiers of the Fringe, she ripped off the Mask that represented her presence within the faction. Those on the Chimera knew who she was, they had known her by many names, but none spoke to her they could feel the emotional boil over she was having; even if they weren’t force sensitive.

“Prepare the Peregrine”

No response, yet the ship was prepared. The woman boarded it as quickly as she had arrived onto the Chimera. She said nothing as the small ship left the large battle machine; she didn’t want to speak to anyone and felt her mind slipping into a region she hadn’t visited in years. The part of her mind where she was truly alone to her thoughts and at the time only Aston could pull her from it. Was she better off keeping her nose down and obeying orders? Could she even lead if she needed too? Spencer hated failing and this war was in full essence a failure. She continued to fly the machine until something came into view, a small planet a place where she could find solitude.

----------------------------------------------

Few days later

Reports flew to the nearby systems, there were storms over Yn that had been constant and only grew stronger as the hours passed. There was no source and nothing could get close enough to even see what the source could possibly be. Though one person knew the source, because she was the source. Vegetation rotted on the ground as it had been ripped from its roots; lightning had struck and caused brush fire in some regions of the area. The planet slowly becoming consumed with a Force storm fueled by confusion and angst.

In the center of it all, a young woman began her decent to the dark side.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

It took more guts than she'd anticipated to fly into the teeth of her wife's Force storm. Never, not even when Spencer helped her mind-control the parliament of Gand, had Ashin actually been afraid of her. A reminder, if she needed it, that Spencer was far from done growing.

Still in the midst of metamorphosis.

Her Animus-class single-seat courier navigated the storm, lightning dancing off its broad, sharp wings. It touched down near the Peregrine, and Ashin clambered out. She trusted her Force bond with Spencer to lead her straight and true, but even the Force itself was confused here, tainted by Spencer's sheer power.

She caught a silhouette through smoke and fog, and forged her way toward it. A stray lightning strike flared from the heavens, and she whipped Winterlight from its sheath. The Sith blade, with proper focus, caught the lightning bolt and glowed for as long as it took Ashin to redirect the bolt into a shattered, blackened tree stump.

"Sanctuary!"

Lightning cracked through the air burning anything that was unlucky to get caught in its way. Spencer stood staring at the sky watching the tormenting storm brew; it had gotten stronger as the days passed since she had arrived on the planet. In a sickening way, she was developing some control over the storm, knowing this she disregarded the control and allowed the sheer power of her force control to formulate and fuel the storm.

Thick bolts of crimson and violet of lightning touched the ground creating small creators, leaving the ground singed. Though the chaos of the storm a voice she recognized cut through, she hadn’t felt her arrive. Usually Spencer was capable of sensing Ashin far before she reunited with her; the thought of not knowing confused her even more. What was happening? Why did she feel so lost?

Looking over her shoulder, the robe’s hood fell from her blonde head. Dark corruption reared its head as flecks of tainted yellow stained her hazel eyes. The tip of balance lingered, but Spencer was quickly losing grip, she could feel herself falling farther out of balance. Her body turned to see the woman with the sword drawn, quickly thoughts that Ashin was here to stop her, any way possible played through her mind.

Turning her head back towards the storm, a smirk spread across her face.

“Ashin, so many alias’, yet you cling to that one. Storm is strong, power I’ve never felt before.”

Pausing she looked back at the woman.

“This is possibly the real me, destruction, balance is a lie”

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"What do you want me to say?" she called above the storm, smashing Winterlight sideways into a stray lightning bolt. A rock exploded. "Do you want me to reassure you of your ideals, tell you that you've found the right course now? What do you need from me?"

Debris rattled off a forearm upraised before her eyes. Her feet skidded on a slope, and she caught her balance, barely. "Spencer, you're unique. You're the reason I fight the strong and save the weak. It's not just about the challenge for me. It's about balance, my kind of balance. Destroy the strong, the arrogant, the hypocrites with me. Hold up the vulnerable, make allies or followers of them with me. There are ways to keep yourself while growing up."

Spencer listened to the woman, she had her ideals and they were known to conquer. Together they had forged the Empire into something – yet it was destroyed by those who thought they knew better. The Republic was stronger now, they had a leader who held no fear – but she is foolish. Eyes fell back upon the Dark Master, the woman fending off the wind and lightning created by the younger Master. The sound of the storm and the whipping of her cloak echoed. Her voice calling out as she fully turned to face Ashin.

“What makes us better than the arrogant, the strong and the hypocrites? Are we not arrogant ourselves thinking we can destroy them? We, us our foundation is built upon our hubris.”

The winds grew stronger and controlled as lightning sparked through the forming cyclones. She looked at each one and tilted her head.

“Fly to close to the sun, wings melt and thus you fall. My hubris, my desire to conquer beat upon the drums of war – with people who had nothing to do with what I wanted to destroy. Darkness, true nature, fallen. Does one have to become something they hate to destroy it? Tragic – we are a tragedy @[member="Ashin Varanin"].”

Something snapped in Spencer’s mind as she closed her eyes quickly, hands held the sides of her face as she bent at the knee. Flashes, memories or dreams echoed in the recesses of her mind, groaning in pain she shook it off and stood straight again.

“Destruction. I’ve seen it – seen it for some time now. I want to believe that we can fix things, but once more arrogance, does it make us fools? War lingers, the Force feels it – she trembles. Who’s side are we on? ”

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"You want an answer?" WHAKKARABOOM. A treetrunk exploded. "I'll give you four."

Her voice roared above the storm as she came closer.

"It doesn't matter if they're just like us, our moral equals -- we still have to win, for our people, for our survival.

"I'm superior to nobody, Spencer, but I'll be damned if I'll let them call themselves superior to me. I will drag them down to Hell with me where they belong.

"We have power. That means we have a duty to use it. We have the power to break the galaxy, re-form it, tear down what holds it back -- so that is our responsibility. I am a Jedi, Spencer. I do what I do for the galaxy, and if I'm lost, then we're lost together, and no more so than the hypocrites in the Jedi halls. We can and will find a way."

She came close enough then to grab Spencer by the neck and chin, fingers wrapped around her jaw, immobilizing her wife's face close to hers. She stared down into eyes that were turning yellow.

"But above all, you are more than them. Hubris is your only logical path." She kissed Spencer hard, throwing the sword aside.

Words pierced her mind as she stood watching as the woman whom she had called Master stalk towards her, Spencer prepared for anything. Ashin moved towards her as she spoke, every word carrying the weight of the woman’s beliefs the same beliefs Spencer had learned and carried as well. They had started as a Master and Apprentice, then evolved into something beyond that, there was loyalty, love, compassion, and above all they looked out for the other. She stopped breathing as her face was held by the strong hand of her wife.

No time to respond, her mind working a mile a minute as Ashin finished her reasons. They all made sense, but lastly Spencer was reminded once more that she was different – she was something beyond the limits of the others. A memory sparked as Ashin made claim to the girl being a chosen one. Spencer opened her mouth to respond, but was quickly silenced by the hard kiss. The sound of the sword falling to the ground was silenced by a loud crack of the lightning above them. The planet was scarred as much as the two women, Spencer didn’t pull away she returned the kiss.

Hands found their place running softly, yet with a desperate urgency against the older woman’s face. The crackling above them from the storm slowly started to subside, but lingered far more controlled than when Ashin had arrived and rain began to fall. Time passed and Spencer pulled away and finally answered the former Empress.

“I’m different, I’ve always have known that. If hubris will allow us to take this galaxy and break it then so be it. I believe we are the only ones that are capable enough to reform it.”

Looking up towards the rain she blinked, the corruption was irreversible and she had fallen off her fence for the time being. The darkness that had resided inside of her, the rage and the confusion spiraled and had created the storm – a storm that she controlled now.

“Conquer the galaxy and create a new one. Seems to constantly be on our table Ashin, you think we’re ready for this after all this time?”

Looking back towards the woman, she remained close to her a hand reaching out grasping at the fabric of her wife’s clothing and holding it tightly. Security and a place to take root was what she needed now.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"No, we're not," said Ashin quietly. "But if not us, who will? If we don't try, then we don't do, and if we don't do, then why are we here?" The sword flickered through the rain into her hand, and the Dark Master sheathed it. "If we can perform miracles, if we can knock on any door and expect answers, what else is there for us but upward and forward?

"I have a plan. Several plans, really. Most aren't mutually exclusive. Yes, we'll cut the Protectorate in half in due course, and maybe take a chunk out of the Confederacy, but we have a pair of interesting options. I had the Coldharbor built for this, a wandering Dark Side meeting ground. Structural power is understanding that winning every debate and every fight is far less important than being the one to say where those debate are held, being the one that all Darksiders look to for sanctuary and to help them find kindred spirits.

"But more than anything, I want a quiet little facility in the Coruscant undercity, maybe in the Works or 1313. I want to play the long game, maybe even help the Republic grow so big it collapses on itself. I want to be Sidious, without all that Senate mess." Her hand fell away from Spencer's. "Imagine," she said quietly, "a galaxy where Darksiders laid long plans and built quiet powerbases inside the great powers, rather than carving out empires. Imagine how much change we could make."

Spencer listened and then looked away for a moment. The plans, there were always plans to execute and that’s what Ashin did. She executed the plans and they paved a new road for people. Spencer thought for a moment weighing the options that were presented to her, she could see the reasoning and it reflected how they had ran the Empire. Spencer quickly corrected her thoughts as she tilted her head watching the storm slow down – as much as she wanted to let it continue she couldn’t. The strain of her power was starting to wear on her.

“The rain never bothered me...”

Speaking just to speak Spencer felt the release of her hand. She pulled it back towards her as she thought about this reformation and giving the dark side haven. Crossing her arms she finally looked back towards Ashin and nodded.

“The Jedi lack the passion, their rules and order controls them to the point that there is no life. Yet with the dark side there is passion, but it drives them to desire power and self-fulfillment. I want to change that I want people to fell passion and to understand their surroundings, but value other things beyond power and lust.”

A hand ran through her wet hair as she thought quietly, was it too much to ask of people? Her wet hair fluttered against the dying wind as it clung to her cheeks slightly. Ignoring the frustrating feeling of wanting to push it aside again, she rested her hand under her chin.

“Tame the Sith and focus their energy to our desires?”

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Ashin coughed out a laugh as the rain plastered down her hair. "Teach people to live? I'm no good at persuasion or setting examples, no good at getting people to use their agency wisely. I'm good at building worlds, not building people. And how good can we really be at taming people? That was my goal with the Fringe, and I know it was yours too -- but look at Shinju, Dharma and the rest. Tame that? The Sith Empire would be no easier.

"Lover...we're pushing against a boulder when we try to get people to change. And that's a lesson I never learned as Empress -- that I can't make people better. Not without their choice. Not even when we changed Gand...they went back to their ways, their stagnation, their squabbling, within a week after we left. So if we can't change people, and all we can change is the world they live in...

"To tell the truth, lover," she murmured against Spencer's cheek, as her thought process wound down and the rain continued to pour over them, "I don't know where I'm going with this, and that's probably because in my heart of hearts I don't know where to go with this. All I can do is guess at a course and walk straight forward."

Spencer shut her eyes as she remembered Gand; their minds were so intricate yet oddly simple. The desired to be controlled which made them easy pickings for the dictator. It upset her that they went so easily back to their normal way of life, but there was no changing some people. Once more her hand ran through her wet hair, the clouds above them were starting to calm as she brought that odd sense of peace back to her mind.

“What stops them from ruining it again Ashin? What prevents those that live the way they do to ruin the work we’ve done to fix the world around them? We can’t be around forever – the Force will call for us one day and in that moment we will become one with it…”

The thought of becoming one with the Force had brought a smile to Spencer’s face. Becoming one with something she was so attached too was almost surreal. The girl wondered what it would feel like, if she would feel whole finally. A breeze blew through them as she sighed happily at the thought, though she enjoyed the feeling of the physical world and she turned towards Ashin.

“I guess there’s nothing more we can do but try. Do you believe in destiny?”

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"I have no confidence in anything I didn't build, make, or cause. I've never seen much worth in destiny as a concept. It makes us hesitate at the wrong moments, enact self-fulfilling prophecies."

For a long moment, she stared out over the battered landscape. "But for all this, for all the purpose and resolve we have, there are times when all I want to do is run to the hills. Disinvest from idiocy, from commitments that accomplish little. I dream of a throne in the undercity of Coruscant, in the Works. A throne nobody knows about -- what a beautiful thing that would be. Or on Naboo, in the lake country.

"What a life we could have, if we didn't have this constant need to be doing things, accomplishing things, tackling ever-greater challenges."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom