Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Don't Wait 'Til Tomorrow

Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt // Evelyn Shaw Evelyn Shaw

“Anger, mostly.” Amea muttered and began to look away as her cheeks began to turn red. “I was very much that same Amea back then. Quick on the trigger, no punches pulled and all that.” Except that wasn’t who she wanted to be anymore, was it? Amea let out a deep breath and sighed. “This, errr, nexus as you called it, was in the center of the Enclave. One of the intruders held it hostage, and in a moment of rash decision making I did not give a single chit’s worth of credits whether it housed the chancellor herself or not. They were a threat and I ended them as one. I had just dismantled one of the thugs’ guns before their very eyes before I knocked his lights out. Some would-be arsonist wouldn’t get to me.”

Amea raised her brows, her tongue pushed against her lower lip in disapproval of her own action. Another sigh parted her lips before she looked up at Loske.

“Hoshi was in that tree, and I had somehow managed to forget that.”
Amea shook her head. “Made me realize that I was prone to rash decisions. But, I am getting ahead of myself.”

“I reached into the force to turn the dials on the man’s flamepack. The second he pushed the button to throw fire at me he would find that his tank exploded in his face. And it did, but the tree was set on fire. Everyone looked on in shock before they jumped into action to extinguish the fire.”

“... Everything after that is a bit of a haze. Me and Evelyn rested up for the rest of the night before we decided to part ways. I had more jobs to run, and she wanted to make sure things were smoothed over with the Jedi and the town.”

“I prepare to leave,”
An almost uncharacteristically soft smile fell over Amea as she stared off into a daydream right before Loske. “I hear her sweet voice utter my name and I turn around.” Her elbow found the edge of the table, her hand her jawline. “And she kisses me right on my cheek.”

A finger gently rubbed against the very same spot.

“And I am left on the ramp of a ship that is slowly taking off into the sky, unsure what the hell had just happened.”
Her eyes closed, and with a deep sigh Amea was back in reality again. “And that.” She said and looked back over at Loske. “Was how I met Evelyn.”

As if on cue, just as Amea was finishing her story the cafe door opened, a small bell rang to announce a new arrival. Evelyn walked in with a basket hooked over her left arm. She looked around a bit until she found where Amea and Loske were sitting.

And if she says my name three times, she summons me.” The Echani grinned as she approached their table, eyes immediately falling on Amea. “Sorry I ran late, you know how I get when I’m exploring a new market.

Evelyn leaned down to give her girlfriend a small kiss. “And well…” She leaned back and indicated to the basket she was carrying. “A certain someone wasn’t happy we left him on the ship again.

Sliding the basket from over her arm, Evelyn handed it to Amea to place by her side. The Echani then turned to address Loske, giving the blonde a smile. “And you must be Loske, Amea’s told me quite a bit about you.” She raised her hand for a handshake.

Evelyn went to continue, but much like the Echani, the third member of their little crew took it as their cue to make an appearance. One of the basket lids suddenly flung open as a pair of furry white ears popped into view.

Hoshi stood up from the confines of the basket, hands grasped around a piece of local fruit, already half devoured.

And this is Hoshi.

Gobsmacked from the arrival through to the introduction, Loske remained wide-eyed and grinning stupidly. The Echani was nothing short of beautiful, and having a brief introduction made her all the more admirable. Especially since she seemed to have filled the previously empty space in the new Amea Virou Amea Virou 's life.

She almost half-rose from her seat to greet the new arrival, but fidgeted to remain seated. A tight-lipped type of elation etched into her features as she glanced between Evelyn and Amea as they greeted one another. This was better than a holopicture received via a message –– it was clear there was happiness here, and she was...relieved? For Amea? Grateful to Evelyn.

"You're Evelyn." The blonde grinned, meeting the woman's pale hand with her own and giving it a firm up-down before retracting and shifting her stare to the basket. "-and that's Hoshi.

It's so great to meet you both. You've fallen into the graces of the galaxy's best PR agent, apparently."
Smirking, she nodded at Amea before looking again at the little guy.

The creature was meltingly cute, and something in Loske's gut shifted. Maybe she and Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt should get a pet, as an introduction to the more permanent extension of their family. She'd certainly feel less guilty for running off to the battlefield time and time again with just a furry face watching them go...

"Quite a bit hm?" There was some morbidity to that comment. Amea could only tell a fraction of their shared reality, though truth be told, the world of Amea and Loske was much more intimate than Kaili and Loske. "And I've only heard one story. But –– it was really good. Resourceful, gripping.." Both elbows placed on the table, resting her chin in the heels of both her hands "-and I'd love to hear more."

Tilting her head in the direction of the woven container, she fixated on the movements of the indescribable critter that moved around. Hoshi's movements were subtle and small enough to evade the attention of the waiter who set a glass of water down in front of Evelyn Shaw Evelyn Shaw .

"Find anything good in the market?" She glanced at the basket where the small, adorable white creature gnawed at the fruit.

“Can I pet him?”

Last edited:
Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt // Evelyn Shaw Evelyn Shaw

“Oh, you’re here!” Amea exclaimed with joy before she slowly leaned in towards the approaching Echani to return the kiss. “Well, if someone didn’t want to stay on the ship, then maybe someone shouldn’t run off to steal fruit from local grocers when we have somewhere to be.”

A harsh ‘prrrrt’ called out almost the second Amea spoke up as Hoshi’s tongue flapped up and down between his lips for little more than a second, Amea gave the closed basket a disappointed look before she returned to the conversation. Evelyn introduced the creature and Amea merely grinned at Loske’s reaction.

“Well, I mean, I only said I would tell you how we met. Not the rest.” Amea grinned before she placed Hoshi in her lap. Loske wanted to pet him and Amea gave him a look to see what he felt about it. Hoshi glanced back, ears lifted upon hearing the mere word.

The look then wandered to Loske before in the blink of an eye it was gone, hurriedly crawling under the table before it popped back up to sit in the Jedi Knight’s lap, fruit juiced and sticky paws at the ready to receive the attention he had been spoiled with many times before.

“He… Likes attention.”
Amea laughed. “I can’t say no.”

The Echani couldn’t help but chuckle at the little back and forth between Amea and Hoshi. It was an often frequent sight whenever they headed out somewhere. Every time, Hoshi would want to tag along. And just as equally, he’d wind up causing some measure of mischief during that time.

And yet, neither of them could say no for too long.

Mostly just some local vegetables. Despite how vast the galaxy is, you’d be surprised at how familiar a lot of the produce is from one side of the galaxy to the other. But occasionally you find a planet that has something unique. Besides, I like to experiment with cooking when mixing up a dish or two.

Evelyn gave a brief thanks to the waiter that placed the water down, but she passed on ordering anything for now. Instead, she focused on watching the interactions between Amea, Loske and Hoshi. Specifically the latter two, as it was always a sight when someone new got to meet the small Shinri.

There really was little time needed to make the decision. Hoshi finished the remnants of his fruit and made a beeline for Loske. When there was someone new to give him attention, Hoshi didn’t waste time. Evelyn had to bite back a laugh as she watched Hoshi climb up and settle himself on Loskes’ lap, curious eyes looking and sticky paws stretching up towards the blonde.

No one can say no to him. We’ve yet to meet someone who hasn’t just been drawn in by the sheer adorableness he displays.” Evelyn glanced over at Amea and chuckled, remembering how smitten the Echani’s grandmother had been with Hoshi.

I’m sure Amea has mentioned before, but he has some innate connection to the Force, to the Light. I don’t understand it much, and from what Amea summarized, he’s got abilities too. After she returned from Dantooine, Hoshi was able to heal some of her wounds. And like...just generally, he’s like a beacon of warmth whenever either of us have been feeling down.

“Well, I mean, I only said I would tell you how we met. Not the rest.”

"Fair." Loske admitted, keeping her attention on the small creature rather than her friend's face. "I guess you don't get what you don't ask for. Lesson learned."

Thankfully, she'd been bold enough to ask to play with Hoshi. She wouldn't have been able to just stare at him without touching the little fluff.

“He… Likes attention.”
“I can’t say no.”

A delighted chirp rolled through her throat and she stretched out to receive the little creature to her lap. Immediately she scritched between his ears. He seemed to like it, his tail gesturing some level of pleasure to the left and right. They maintained this union while Evelynn explained the similarities in produce throughout the galaxy.

"That sounds delightful," Loske admitted. "I'm..a pretty terrible cook. I've been trying to get better and it's slowly improving, starting with the basics. If you have any tips or go-to-combinations, I am all ears."

I’m sure Amea has mentioned before, but he has some innate connection to the Force, to the Light. I don’t understand it much, and from what Amea summarized, he’s got abilities too. After she returned from Dantooine, Hoshi was able to heal some of her wounds. And like...just generally, he’s like a beacon of warmth whenever either of us have been feeling down.

The concept of a creature being in tune with one side of The Force over another wasn't entirely lost on the Jedi. Korriban had been littered with creatures literally born of the darkside. She hadn't run into them, but others had, and barely escaped with their lives. If they'd found Hoshi in a little nexus of light, his alignment seemed to make sense. And healing abilities? Useful.

She stretched her hand over his head, pausing the scratches long enough to try and get a sense of the creature's resonating imprint within the empyrean. He was like a little light bulb in her lap, untouched by the emotions usually associated with the darkside. Like a little pure, four-legged pinnacle of luminescence.

"Heal through touch?" Loske asked, pulling her senses away from the little creature and focusing back on his beady eyes. While he was content at the table, he seemed curious to the other patrons in the café and dared to look over the Jedi's elbow.

Where he caught the eye of their waiter, who was quick to walk over to their table.

"Excuse me, he –– that cannot be in here. Health violations."

Loske made a small gesture beneath the table, stretching out to brush against the fellow's mind. Usually, she couldn't be so subtle, but Hoshi's proximity was infinitely helpful. For a second, he blinked and put his hands on his hips as if about to deliver another warning, but then changed his mind.

"Alright, just a few minutes but then you have to go. Take him out of here. Unless it's..paying too. Hard to tell what's sentient and what's not these days."

To make good on his word, the waiter returned back to the kitchen and Loske shrugged.

"Thanks, Hoshi."

Evelyn Shaw Evelyn Shaw // Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

“I’ll show you a health violation.” Amea muttered and crossed her arms. As the waiter approached the swinging door into the kitchen he put his weight to his shoulder, and yet what seemed to be a pretty obvious point of entry turned out not to be as the door remained firmly in place. The man began to poke and prod at the door, his hand waving for his colleague to investigate.

The colleague approached the door, her hand to the door that opened with ease, just like it always had. The waiter blinked in confusion for a second before he disappeared into the kitchen.

There was no denying the satisfaction on Amea’s lips at the display.

Evelyn’s eyes practically lit up at Loske’s request for cooking advice. The Echani was suddenly sitting forward in her seat, arms propped up and ready to become animated.

Well my initial advice is to never be ashamed of following a recipe or guide by the number. Everyone starts from somewhere, hell I do that if I’m cooking something I’ve never tackled before. Once you get familiar, then you start experimenting, changing ingredients. Maybe it needs something a little sweeter, or needs a bit more salt. In terms of combinations? Well it depends on what you’re looking for, what you like and whomever you’re cooking for likes too. Cooking is like any other creative art, you get better by simple practicing, doing it over and over until…

She drifted off as she glanced over to Amea, followed by a double take as she registered the knowing look in her girlfriend’s face.

Evelyn was getting carried away.

The Echani’s cheeks immediately burned red with embarrassment. But she was quick to laugh it off, shaking her head. “Remind me to give you my contact details, I can send some more tips and tricks I’ve learned.

She looked over at Amea, and a thought cropped to mind.

Prime example; Amea doesn’t like caf. She’ll drink it for its caffeinated boost, but hates the taste. But through some experimentation, and guesswork, I found a blend she enjoys.

Evelyn bit down on her tongue to not immediately speak out when the waiter opened his mouth. No one talked to or about Hoshi like that, no one. But she refrained and watched as he seemed to do a partial one-eighty, and begrudgingly didn’t kick them out immediately.

She went to say something, but caught Amea’s muttering. The Echani glanced over to see the waiter suddenly found resistance in the door he was trying to open. A comical scene played out, as one of his fellow workers came to investigate only to suddenly find it functioning normally.

You know, it’s probably a good thing I can’t use the Force. Because I could see myself doing that kind of stuff constantly.

It was nice to talk about something so normal –– so universal. Everyone in the galaxy had to eat. Eating was no talent but making food was a different story. Loske was used to Alliance cafeterias, takeout, or whatever potable rations she and the mister kept aboard The Renegade. Considering preference over sweetness, savoury, salty, sour, evaded her. It seemed so obvious. So..nice to think about. She’d heard Ryv talk about ingredients he preferred here and there in passing but not with the same level of enthusiasm Evelyn had. It just seemed...pleasant.

Remind me to give you my contact details, I can send some more tips and tricks I’ve learned.”​

She straightened her in her seat, perking up at the invitation. Evelyn and Amea seemed open to talking about this, and she sought to reciprocate the genuineness with a level of vulnerability.

“I’d love that, honestly. I have this dream of settling down and I mean, I need to pick up on hobbies that help with sustainment.” She found herself chuckling, leaning back in her chair again and scratching the top of Hoshi’s head. "Maynard grew up on a homestead that lived off the land, and that sounds like a good way to retire. Busy, distracting, creating something ourselves –– but I have a long way to go in making that land taste good.

Amea can just..think your details into my datapad, right?”
She flashed a grin at her technomancer friend.

“Caf with diluted taste is probably a better alternative, they make pills for everything and..” she shuddered. “Those sorts of experiments make me nervous.” Scientific advances tended to make her skin crawl, being one herself.

The waiter’s performance had been marginally dissuaded by Loske brushing against his mind, convincing him to relinquish the intensity of his threat, but Amea Virou Amea Virou ’s reaction made him flustered and confused.

Again, she tittered in agreement with Evelyn.

Hoshi squirmed in her lap, and Loske couldn’t tell if he was uncomfortable or not. “Does he need to walk, or anything?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom