Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Domestic Aid [Je'daii]

slum.jpg

Aurum
Azar City

Lothar sat up in his bed, a smile already forming on the young Padawan's face. He knew his plans for today, and he could not contain his own excitement. He quickly threw some clothes on and doing a few other things to prepare himself for the day,Sitting his tray down on a nearby table, Lothar Lundgren began to break his fast. The Valkryi has not been on this world, or with the Je'daii Order, for long. Yet today he was going to put in some work. Shor Vo, the Chief of Medicine of the Order had sent out a message to all Je'daii informing them that the inhabitants of Azar City still required aid. To Lothar, this seemed like an excellent opportunity to showcase his skills for the Order. Admittedly, the Valkryi still had very minimal training with the force. So this mission seemed a perfect fit.

Smiling now as he finished his meal, Lothar stood and brought his tray back to one of the dishwashers, and gave the man a "Thank you." Lothar continued down the hall toward the exit of the Academy, saying hello to a few of his new colleagues as they passed. He reached the doors that led out to Azar City, and pushed them open with glee. He stepped outside and took in a deep breath, knowing his day was going to include a lot of physical labor and helping those in need. After a short moment, the Valkryi started moving out towards the slums of Azar City to begin his day.

It had been just a few weeks since [member="Lothar Lundgren"] arrived here on Aurum.

In that time, Zech had mostly kept his distance. Allowing the young Valkyri to find his bearings, to adjust to the change in climate, and the oddities presented on this new world, to explore and observe and get to know the Academy and surrounding City at his own pace.

While he would not typically wait so long, he was aware that the Valkyri of Midvinter lived so very differently from the rest of the Galaxy. Far behind where technology was concerned, and besides that their home was a frigid ball of snow... No, overwhelming him would have negative side effects.

So it was that when he heard the young man had signed up as part of an aid program, to help with what remained of the domestic efforts, he knew it was time.

Waiting outside of the Academy, as the sun rose, Zech let out a small sigh and basked in its warmth. It was pleasant here, it reminded him of Teth, a world he had not seen enough of in truth, far warmer than space. He was itching to get back out there, to explore, but Akro had need of him here, and it seemed Lothar was part of that plan.

So it was that when the young Valkyri emerged, the Ranger stepped toward him with a somewhat neutral expression.

"Ah, Padawan Lundgren... I was hoping to catch you. May we speak, along the way?"

After all, he wouldn't have it said that he didn't help out here too. This was to become his home as well.

There is always a reason to learn. Even more so to gain knowledge. The thing was, my problem was a much more difficult task. One that will take time, and possibly years to overcome. In the meantime, I might as well help the Je'daii and the people they lived with as much as I can. They were willing to deal with my... darkness, the very least I could do is return the favor. Aid those who needed help now. Walking towards the little sign up sheet, I found that most of the people who were already supposed to be helping, were already there, or likely on their way. Walking away and towards the exit, I was paying attention to my gloves.

Removing the straps around the bracers, and pulling them off. Letting them be slid into my inside jacket pocket with relative ease, and then followed with my gloves being removed as it was the second layer. Exposing my hands and arms. I shined my palms. Feeling the coarse skin as it had been used to field work, and the constant wear and tear. Down my arm, various tattoos that were normally not exposed. Thus they seemed a little bit more vibrant than those on my upper arm and shoulder. Being exposed to the elements much longer than my forearms.

The creases in my skin from constantly wearing bracers was clear. Looking up, I stopped just in time before I smacked into the door. Rolling my eyes as myself, I adjusted my vest a bit before walking out. Over hearing the last tidbit of what seemed a conversation between two men. I paid no heed to them, and walked past. Making my way towards the slums where we would be giving aid to those who needed it, in any shape or form.

I thought it was kind of ironic. A charity case like myself, helping those who could barely make ends meet, let alone make them at all. While mine was more of a mental and spiritual problem, theirs was a physical. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone needed a little help here and there. Including myself. Since I had met Jyn, and Ashe, and Jericho, I have been making some progress in my studies. While most of it is just information that I need to practice on, it was better than nothing. My first visit was uptight and filled with nervousness because I feared for myself and others I even came into contact with. Not that I didn't care for them, but it was a fear of me hurting them or treating them poorly compared to what I have heard and seen from my father.

I wanted to fix that. Not just for myself, but for my family as well. Maybe, just maybe if I could help others with their problems, it would help me discover the secret to fixing my own.

[member="Zechiel Wyse"], [member="Lothar Lundgren"],

First time in four days since he escaped Nar Shadda. Acaleus was laying in his bed when the landing of the AT-120 landed. In other time, Venus wouldnt have done that in a harsh way in other times, but she loved waking him up like that. Now Acaleus was levitating in mid air because of the force "And then you ask yourself why i dont bought anything for your birthday..." "Its because you forget about them. Its notable you know? We are at Aurum"

After washing and putting his clothes (Simple pants with a long sleeves shirt) and walk off the hangar bay alone. He wouldnt have part on the Jedis or the Sith wars. The current criminal factions or the free worlds didnt call his attention, but a single world with a growing order that seek knowledge did. If the information he gathered was right, he could take a little break from all that fighting, and study the force. His company, Enryu Corps would be run by Venus from now on, although he didnt told her yet. It would be her birthday gift.

It was an old town that needed repairment and external investment to recover after whatever had happen. After a couple of minutes walking, Acaleus started to get directions but the got him nowhere. In the intersection of two roads, he stopped and wanted to climb the highest building to have an idea of where to go, but a sound stop him. The sound of someone walking behind him put his old and thrusty alarm on, and the old assassin spinned with his arm extended, as he did dozens of times against other assassins or mercenaries send by Hutts. His first respond would be cutting down anyone behind him using his wrist lightsaber, hidden in his arm by the sleeves, but he sighted a little Twi´lek girl. She opened her eyes with fear.

Acaleus managed to miss the slice, passing over the girls head. They both watch each other, separated by a meter of distance, but he knew what would happen. The girl started crying "Shhh sorry for that. Didnt meant to..." The situation started to get crowded, and that was a thing that he hated "Alright take this artificial bread. Its yours if you stop crying" The sound stopped, as the Twi´lek clean the tears of her eyes, now watching at the desperate adult. Of course she would take advantage, and Acaleus would let her "Make it two. Or..." said with her arms crossed, deathly serious.

Minutes later, the old commander of the Techno Union, Guardian of the White Lotus, and Master in the old Obsidian Order was defeated by a crying abusive child. The Twi´lek went off jumping with several artificial food bags laying in her hands. Acaleus took a deep breath "Alright i didnt ate anything in hours. Time to find a restaurant or something" he started walking in a random direction until reaching a building that looked different. In the good looking, not destroy or bad shape type. Two humans where talking on what appear to be the main entrance, and so he got close to them )([member='Lothar Lundgren'] [member='Zechiel Wyse'] ) "Hi, Im Acaleus. I wanna ask you a couple of things about the...Ye-dai Order? I dont know how to pronounce it, no offense"

Some days, Lothar missed Midvinter. It held all of his friends and family, and everything he knew. But other days he couldn't imagine going back. Everything he had seen and learned in just the few weeks since he left was incredible. It was almost impossible to believe how much more there was to this galaxy outside of Midvinter. He wouldn't have been able to learn about the force on Midvinter. He would have been stuck in the cycle that his ancestors were stuck in. Things were changing on Midvinter, no doubt. His people were slowly opening up to the concept of the force. Very slowly. Perhaps they would embrace the concept sometime in Lothar's lifetime. Perhaps not.

But none of that mattered now. The Valkryi was here on Aurum. Learning how to wield the force and all of its applications. It was a change, a very big change. And still, even weeks after his arrival he hadn't gotten used to this blistering heat.

His internal complaint about the heat of Aurum quickly vanished as his gaze landed upon Zech. A smile formed on the Valkryi's face. Zech had brought him to the Je'daii after all, undoubtedly changing Lothar's life.

"Of course, Ranger Wyse. I was just headed for the slums, to help those in need."

It was now when a new man approached the duo. He asked about the Je'daii Order, and Lothar brought his eyes back to Zech, feeling that the Ranger would be able to answer the man's question better than the new Valkryi.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Zechiel Wyse"]

They continued to walk through the streets of Upper Aurum where the Academy was related, and into the heart of the City.

For the most part Azar was growing, all of the more important buildings had been reconstructed, including the medical facilities, but there remained various slums on the other side that had not yet been touched. It wasn't that they didn't care, simply that priorities had to be made. And there proved to be more than enough space in the main city for all of the survivors to live within.

That did not stop some stubborn Togorians from remaining in the slums which had once been their home, of course.

And it was toward those individuals in particular that they set their path toward.

His misty gaze lingered on a presence which was more conflicted than most here, wavering red through the Force, a darksider... Yet one which was slowly gaining control. It seemed the Je'daii was welcoming people of all walks of life, to teach them. It made sense, he'd seen it before, he just hoped that the kid stuck to it. He seemed to be heading the same way as he and Lothar, so perhaps he'd have a chance to speak with him later.

For now, though, the Padawan was his primary concern.

"You seem to be making some progress, that is good to see. I would like to offer you a place at my side, to learn in a more direct manner. I am no Master, but perhaps between the two of us we can make it work. Is this something you would be interested in, Lothar? An Apprenticeship, that is?"

He wasn't exactly being very direct with his words, but truth be told Zech had never taken on a student before, it wasn't encouraged for Rangers to begin apprenticeships but times were hard and there were only so many Masters to go around. He had already gotten the approval of the Council, now all he had to see was whether Lothar himself would be interested.

An unexpected voice broke through the air, and he turned his misty gaze toward this newcomer. Neither light nor dark took precedent over his form, the Force swirled the way it would within a Je'daii only a little more sporadically, with less focus on keeping the two balanced. Zech had honestly not seen many non-Je'daii neutrals out in the Galaxy before, but that didn't mean they didn't exist of course.

"The Je'daii," he corrected, with a small nod of his head, pausing in his walk alongside Lothar in order to address this individual. "I'm Zechiel Wyse, Ranger of the Je'daii Order, how can I be of assistance?"

[member="Lothar Lundgren"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Ignis Imura"]

The Valkryi's face lit up at the offer. He hadn't expected an apprenticeship so early in his Journey. Surely, he'd thought, his lack of experience with just about, well, everything would discourage one from taking him under their wing. Evidently, the Padawan was wrong and he couldn't be more happy he was. Trying, and somewhat failing, to hide the excitement on his face, Lothar responded;

"Of course, Zech. I'd be honored to be your apprentice."

Try as he might, a grin still poked through as he spoke.

Then Lothar watched as Zech spoke to the newcomer, nodding his head slowly behind the Ranger.

[member="Zechiel Wyse"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Ignis Imura"]

A scratch behind his head and smiling was the only thing he could do "Excuse me for that. My accent hasnt improve over the years. Name is Acaleus Thorn. I came to this planet after hearing about this ancient order coming back. Currently, Im looking to study the ways of force meditation with a master" said while analizing the situation or the area. The two of them where light siders and the one who present himself was the strongest around. They wouldnt be the aggresive type of people he met over his years in Nar Hutta or have a psyco behavior.

"I would have looked in other Jedi Order but the mayority are conquering planets to have a real training in the pasive ways of the force" he knew that anyone of the Silver Jedi would get cringy about that but it was the truth, but it was better that way. If the Jedi win, the Sith would plan a massive campain to recover power or if the Sith won, the Light side would find its way... Doesnt matter, the galaxy would always lose "Pardon me if i sound like i only request things. In return i would give you my service to help your cause"

[member='Zechiel Wyse'] [member='Lothar Lundgren']

Walking onward, I just made my way through the city. Some buildings were being renovated, while others were done, and the rest were not even touched yet. Deemed too far gone to simply build upon. That was likely the most difficult thing to deal with. Having so many places that first needed to be torn down because the foundation of the building was badly damaged, or not sound enough. Only for you having to fix that, then build from the bottom up. In order to have a good end result, you need to have a good base to build upon.

That got me thinking about my own base, or foundation. I was born into a relatively good family. My mother, Lexa, was easily the best mother on Kro Var. Childhood friends would come over all the time, or I would be out all the time with no real need to check in. However, after the takeover by the Galactic Alliance when I was about 12 or so put a little dent into my fun. I had a curfew to be home before midnight. Just so then troopers or whatever else wouldn't take advantage of me. While I doubted it, there was still a possibility. Even more so when the Shaper Cabal, or our spiritual leaders were speaking against the Galactic Alliance. They were carted away in public, or during the night. Never to be heard or seen of again.

I was getting too dark at the moment. However, I heard voices that followed behind me. Turning around for a moment to see three men who were following my footsteps, I could only assume that they were headed down to aid others as well. Well, if that was where they were headed. The tail end saw that they were talking about the Je'daii. Likely other members of that group. Being as so, I reached out with the force as I walked on.

Feeling them all, they generally felt around the same kind of sensitivity. Not dark, nor light, but clearly in the middle. While one may have felt a little tilted one way or the other, they were much lighter within the force than I was. Likely, they always would be with the kind of abilities I had. Shaping resided upon the Darker aspect of the force. While some powers can be used in the light, simple manipulation, emotions were heavily used with Fire Shaping in particular. Such as my near mastery of the skill. Breathing in and out, Hating once more that I would always lean towards the dark side simply because of my legacy that I had to uphold, and the teachings I have had thus far.

I calmed myself. Getting come control over my emotions as continued on. Looking behind me a moment, and shouted to those behind me. Possibly interrupting someone, and if so, I would apologize at a later time.

"You all headed to the Je'daii Aid services?"

[member="Acaleus Thorn"], [member="Lothar Lundgren"], [member="Zechiel Wyse"],

When the boy agreed, Zech did little more than settle a hand upon his shoulder, a promise to speak further on the matter when they had a little more time and privacy from the eyes of potential outsiders, and gave him a small but respectful bow of the head.

"I am glad," was all the words he provided toward Lothar, before his attention was once again taken up by the man who had just given his name, Acaleus.

For a moment all he could do was listen. A tiny smile played at his lips as the man mentioned the Jedi Order, luckily for him they were no such thing. Not one to stand around aimlessly, he gestured for both of the men to follow him as he continued along the path which led to the slums, the only untouched part of the City.

"We are not lightsiders, Acaleus," he informed him, "Though our name may be similar to the Jedi, we respect the traditions of Balance and Moderation in the Force. We do not cling to the black and white notion of light and dark. The Force is a spectrum of colour, and through it I see that you belong to neither Jedi or Sith, your presence is a brilliant orange... Which tells me that you have already begun on a path similar to that which we ourselves follow."

They were heading out of the newly constructed regions at this point, and a voice had broken ahead them.

"We are, yes. I don't believe we've met."

This one... His presence was much darker than the others, tendrils of black and red shot through with conflict... Specks of orange and purple which hinted at at least a want to become more. That was good.

"Walk with us, my friend, I should like to know you better."

Then he looked back to Acaleus.

"You too, we shall see how you handle yourself in the face of devastation, and once we are done with our days work we shall see if you still wish to walk among us."

[member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Lothar Lundgren"]

"Well you arent the ones who devastated this place and seem the only one helping" there was a presence approaching. He hated seen people with a lot on their minds to process. Feelings did screw around if you werent careful enough to limit them. Since his childhood he had been fighting and the only current feeling of friendship was with Venus, as his other friends were dead or lost in the galaxy.

"Apparently? Name is Acaleus Thorn" said. His former butcher hands were already used to create and construct "So the force is an color in an spectrum. I asume that every color is a type of behavior?" that color would seem to hit exactly in the grey part. Well Zechiel wasnt wrong, as Acaleus wouldnt open his way into an innocent crowd. Except that time in Nal Hutta although those thugs were sent by Thraxis, and an orbital strike was the best thing to do...

He didnt ask why everybody where here. Not yet at least, as they would be there talking for hours and forgetting the objective in hand. Wyse said something about in the face of devastation. He didnt think that there would be any danger apart from any of them going berserk. It was best to be cautious, so best scenario, it would be helping a community or something.

[member='Zechiel Wyse'] [member='Ignis Imura'] [member='Lothar Lundgren']

Lothar's gaze moved left and right as the two new members of their apparent party were talking to Zech. He observed as the men spoke, knowing his place in the Order still young and without the confidence to truly speak about and describe it. Still, he was glad to be apart of this experience. Two hopeful new members to the Order potentially being recruited right here. Not that the Valkryi wasn't new himself, but the young Journeyer knew that a steady intake of new Je'daii was surely a good thing.

Having left the conversation mentally for a moment or two to enter his own thoughts, he noticed that the group had stopped talking for a moment. Truly, the Valkryi hesitated before speaking. Unsure and perhaps a tad bit shy, but he pushed onward and spoke.

"I'm Lothar Lundgren, Journeyer of the Je'daii Order. Perhaps we can all travel together to the slums of the city? The people there truly need aid, and I'm eager to help them." A smile widened across Lothar's face as he finished his sentence, his compassion clearly getting the best of him.

[member="Acaleus Thorn"] [member="Zechiel Wyse"] [member="Ignis Imura"]

It seemed that the little group that was forming was all from different walks of life. It was interesting to see this. Most of the Sith where I had been studying were mostly from the same background. Brooding without a family, or in a large family that owned a major portion of the empire. I liked how tough the empire was. Strong and dedicated to their cause, but the Je'daii were just the same. A dedication in some that rivaled that of the Sith. It amazed me. I know that dedication to a family is one thing. As you are bound by blood. But being a volunteer to be bound to a cause, an ideal, or religion was something that always had me shaking my head. Never did I think I would want to be in a group of people like this.

The Je'daii proved me wrong. Providing me a sense of self, and a place where I am welcome even if I were to still work with the Sith. One day, I will have to choose a side, and I hope, and pray that I will make the right decision.

The inclusion of one man allowed me to stop my forward progress. Waiting a moment for the small group to catch up. Once they had, I began to walk with them. I waited for all the others to speak. Not interrupting them like I had before. How both of them were also new to this. While I was new, I had been here for a bit. Learning more of their ways and to control my anger. Once they were done, I spoke to answer them.

"Ignis. It seems we are all headed there Lothar. Nothing wrong with walking there together."

Turning to the man who had allowed me to join the little group, I did smile lightly.

"I don't normally speak to a whole heck of a lot of the order. Spend most of my time in the libraries, or Stav Kesh when I can."

[member="Lothar Lundgren"], [member="Acaleus Thorn"], [member="Zechiel Wyse"],

"A behaviour? Goodness no, it simply reveals your presence in the Force, the intensity reveals more than the colour itself in truth."

Though he was blind, he had been given a new outlook on life with the help of the Force, objects were shown in crude forms, details were left out, just a vague impression, and for the most part these visions were entirely muted, greyscale, dreary. In the presence of those around him, however? Those fluent in the Force, with a strong presence? Those muted tones came to life.

More often than not, Zech did not even utilize this gift he had been given. He had grown accustomed to utilizing other methods to find his way, most typically his hearing, but in a place like this? A city as grand as Azar was proving to be, somewhere foreign to him? His gift was truly a blessing.

Hearing the student who had just entered into an Apprenticeship with him begin to introduce himself, and utilizing the correct new Rank despite how recently he had come into their fold, made Zech graciously surprised, a small smile forming on his lips. He did not interrupt for the time being, as the path brought them into the heart of the slums, with devastation still evidenced all around them.

"I am typically not one for socializing," he said in response to this newcomer, Ignis, "I'm mostly found exploring space, not down here on-world, but while I am here if there is anything you need, you need only ask. Now..."

He gestured around them, before turning to his student and the other two, his misty gaze settling on neither in particular.

"Where is it we should begin? I assume at least one of you had a plan in mind when you ventured out here today."

Well... Maybe not Acaleus, but certainly the other two.

[member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Lothar Lundgren"] [member="Acaleus Thorn"]

Pain had long since become something close to an unwelcome friend for Ryiah, a constant within her life from as long ago as she could remember to the present. Whether it be physical, emotion, mental or vicariously experienced, her life could be described as a tapestry of pain. Or, at least, that is often what she mused within the privacy of her mind when she was feeling particularly sardonic in the evening when meditation did not serve as the needed balm upon her soul. As such, wandering through the devastated slums, it felt like she was back within the bonds of servitude once more, her empathetic abilities drawing upon the miasma of pain that hung heavily about the populous. But, rather than unbalancing her, disrupting her resolve, all it did was harden her focus, push past the tiredness that had begun to weave its way through her bones. She refused to rest, not until she had pushed herself to her very limits in the efforts to relieve the burden of pain from as many people as she could.

Already she had visited many, drawing upon innate talent and what training she had received so as to perform the the task she had labeled her duty. She had witnessed people recoil from her cold grey eyes, flinch as she laid her hands upon them, but every time, she had watched as that tension uncoiled, their minds and bodies relaxing as she directed her gift through them, healing tears within muscles, breaks within bone, aiding in the destruction of diseases as much as she could and anything and everything she could do to help them. This was her skill, her gift within the Force: Healing. Beyond meditation, empathy and sensing, every other skill within the Force was, currently, outside of her grasp, slipping through her fingers no matter how hard she tried.

As such, she worked and would continue to work, prowling through the slums with her robes pulled tightly around her, hiding as much of her body from view as she possibly do so, even as her eyelids hung heavily, her eyes half closed in exhaustion and her feet dragging every now and then. Pausing for a moment as the chattering of voices, voices more lively than the murmurs of those that called the slums home, reached her ears at the same time as flickering flames of Presences within the Force reached her awareness, Ryiah busied herself with washing away the accumulated grime and blood that had begun to stain her hands, sneering at the filth that was washed away beneath the waters from the canteen she carried in hatred and disgust for staining the beauty she tried so hard to maintain, as she stared at the approaching group from the corner of her eye.

None of the approaching faces were ones that she was particularly familiar with, but, they were faces that she had noticed before as being present among the members of the Je'daii Order that she did know, making it pretty certain that these people were also members of the Order. However, above that fact was one important detail: she did not know them, they were unknowns. In the end, it was that point that ruled her actions, that directed her one what to do. Unknowns were, as her life had taught her, rarely to be trusted and, unlike Asha - the one that had saved her from her torment, none of these unknowns had done anything to prove themselves worth her trust.

Capping her canteen once more, before she ran out of water, Ryiah simply strode towards and past the group, bowing her head slightly in greetings but offering nothing more - no words and no smile. She had work to do, after all, and if they wished to prevent her from doing so, weak as she was, she could not prevent them from doing so, but it was they who would have to act first.

[member="Asha Hex"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Lothar Lundgren"] | [member="Acaleus Thorn"]

As the group continued to make their way deeper into the lower quality areas of the city, Lothar spoke. "Right. I had hoped to administer aid to any injured and sick. I'm sure it's difficult for those here to receive any medical attention." The Valkryi had limited medical knowledge, but it should suffice for what he was going to be doing today. Setting broken bones, administering a safe amount of medicines and the like. He was sure that what they were doing now was a rare occasion for these poor people.

It was now that a young woman was walking past the group. The Journeyer caught just a glimpse of her face, but the urge that he had seen her before struck him. The woman also did not fit with the rest of the impoverished inhabiting the slums. Lothar spoke aloud, as she neared, "Good morning, friend." As always, Lothar's tone was jovial when he addressed the woman. A friendly smile formed upon his face has he bowed his head.

[member="Ryiah Tenriem"] | [member="Asha Hex"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Acaleus Thorn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom