Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doctor, Doctor, Please

It didn't take long for the surgery to be underway and the redhead stayed out of the way, peering over the woman's shoulder. Despite playing the part of a Sith Apprentice learning biological alchemy, Laira hadn't had a lot of experience with the male anatomy in any sense. This was, well enlightening, to say the least.

Dying people smelt bad was the main thing she learned. And they could bleed a lot.

Finally, after several minutes Farah spoke to her, snapping her attention from watching the delicate preceedings to having her grey eyes set on the pink-skinned doctor. Her, help in a surgery? Really, she must either be desperate or fishing for a favor. Either way, it was a gateway to getting in good with the doctor like she needed. All she needed in fact.

It didn't take very long before the redhead glanced back at the body on the table and responded, "Yes. Just tell me what you need." She said, stepping up alongside the doctor with her hands held up to be directed or instructed. Hopefully Farah wouldn't use a lot of technical jargon, because if she did Laira was sit there and wait for layman's terms or to be shown.

Behind the mask she was ecstatic, grinning widely as she slipped up alongside Farah.

[member="Farah"]

Thana was at her side in nearly an instant, not enough time for Farah to regret calling on her. The Zeltron had laser focus during trauma situations and wasn’t afraid to make calls. Usually she didn’t regret them later on down the line.

“See this clamp that I’m holding?” Her hand was wrapped around what looked like a pair of tongs with a curved end. Those ends were wrapped around a blood vessel just lateral to the bleed. “This clamp is the only thing preventing the patient from bleeding out on the table. I can’t repair the rest of the damage holding it so I’m going to need you to.” Her eyes drifted upward, locking her gaze into Thana’s with no amusement. Not that she seemed to have much amusement around Thana in the first place. But it would likely be clear that she wasn’t exaggerating, not with the blood that had begun to coat the operating room floor.

“Can you do this? You have to hold it tightly but not too tight.” Maybe this was something of a test, maybe Farah wanted to see what this young Sith was made of. Or maybe she just wanted to continue with her surgery.

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Laira slipped her hand around the tongs and took a grip around the handles, tightly but not so tight as to rupture or tear the blood vessel. "Yes I can handle it, I'm very good with my hands."

She was a skilled masseuse and an excellent pilot, very observant and able to take in a lot of information with a glance by slowing her perception of time so that a quick glance seemed to drag on for seconds. With that she was able to take good enough stock of the man's insides to regret looking so closely, but not to the point the redhead became queasy.

Instead she was now standing there just holding a pair of clamps, and it was boring and exciting all at the same time. Not only did she hold someone's life in her hands, literally; she also was sitting there doing nothing with nothing to look at or admire, just staring into a man's insides while the Zeltron did all the work.

At least her deal with the super handsome Farouk seemed to be working out. He was either enthralled or terrified, or a little of both, but his word had gotten her in a position to help the Doctor. Hopefully gaining some of her trust, and maybe access to a restricted terminal she could dataspike in the process.

[member="Farah"]

Thana had accepted the clamp and that was all Farah had needed.

Both hands now dug into the man’s abdomen, searching for the perforation as scrub nurses suctioned away the bodily fluids from the open cavity. Everyone was focused; those who weren’t working directly with the surgeon were replacing fluids and watching monitors, shouting out numbers and terminology in time with the beeping.

“Got it!” The Zeltron grunted, not even having to ask for her phase scalpel as Farouk handed it to her. He was a good nurse and tended to know her own moves before she mad them. A quick zap with the plasma bladed knife and the wound was sealed.

Leaning over to the vessel Thana had clamped, Farah checked that over for any tears before repairing anything she found.

“He’s stabilizing.” A female nurse announced, pointing to the numbers on a monitor as they steadily blinked upwards.

“Good work everyone.” A collective sigh and perhaps even a few chuckles drifted through the operating room and the air seemed to lessen in intensity. “He’s a lucky guy.”

She turned back to the other Sith. “You did well too, Thana. Let go of the clamp now and I can close him up.”

Laira stood there, holding the clamp for what felt like forever. She was excited about being a part of the experience and getting to observe the doctors and nurses up close, though the was largely at a loss for the details of what they were doing. However the redhead was also bored since all she got to do was stand by and hold a clamp while the rest of the team did all the real work.

Nonetheless, the team had saved the person's life and that turned out to be a little more exhilarating than the redhead would have otherwise suspected. As the collective sigh went out, Laira found herself being congratulated by the zeltron doctor, and the redhead slipped her hand away from the clamp and slipped back behind the rest of the staff of nurses.

She decided to siddle up alongside Farouk and watch the wound closing, which she had suspected to be largely barbaric. Mostly the redhead just wanted to convey how pleased she was with his assistance in putting her in a position to assist the doctor. Hopefully it would work out well for Laira, and help her get her mission completed faster.

She stood so that she was pressed up against the tall, handsome male nurse before speaking to the Zeltron, "Glad I was here, huh?" She asked, the mask still covering her smile and blushed cheeks. "I'm glad it worked out and I was able to help. I'm sure whoever's idea that was deserves some kind of congratulations as well."

[member="Farah"]

Farah didn’t bother to suppress a roll of her eyes as she closed up the abdominal cavity. Her sutures were deft and practiced, though she was no plastic surgeon the Zeltron took pride in her work.

“Yes.” She answered simply, catching the other redhead cuddle up to the male nurse in her periphery. “You’d make a decent scrub nurse if you weren’t such a flirtatious child.”

The needle wove in an out of flesh with a quiet surgical precision. “If you and Farouk want to go and celebrate your resounding success at not being completely useless, go find an on call room. Either way, take whatever is going on between you two outside of my operating room.”

Sutures in place, she pulled away from the patient and took one last lingering look at her work. Her gaze slid over to the monitors which beeped rhythmically, numbers all green and pleasant.

“Good.” She muttered underneath her mask. “Take him into recovery.” Hand waving against the pad at the door, she exited the operating room proper to remove her mask and cap.

Laira didn't bother to respond to the Zeltron about dragging Farouk to an on call room to get it out of their system. Probably because she wasn't really that forward. He was very handsome and toned, but she wasn't that comfortable. Her sith persona may not have been the best choice, but RESINT had said that she would fit in better if she played to her strengths and amped them up. One of her strengths was her naturally flirty nature, so she was trying.

When the Zeltron started to leave, Laira moved to follow her, leaving Farouk with a lingering touch from her hand to his stomach. She didn't say anything to him, but hoped that her flirting and touching would imply that he was to find her after he was cleaned up later. She wouldn't exactly have turned down getting to know him better.

"Oh please, I know I wasn't exactly doing anything special, but you can at least admit I was trying to learn from you." She said, pulling her own mask off her face, hoping her blushing cheeks from having been pressed up alongside the male nurse was faded or would go unnoticed. "Just because I'm a little friendly with Farouk doesn't invalidate that or mean I misbehaved. I can assure you, you and your work are still at the center of my attention."

The redhead grinned a little, an idea running through her mind and out of her mouth before she could catch it. "Think of him like a treat, for at the end of the day if I do good, then I can drag him off." That was so objectifying! She wasn't shallow! Laira Organa didn't make out with just any pretty face! Her track record didn't exactly support that argument, but they weren't just pretty faces. She didn't like to think of people as just attractive. Regardless, perhaps that might go over well with Farah, knowing that if she could control a little aspect of what she thought Thana wanted she could get a little closer to the Zeltron.

"So what next?"

[member="Farah"]

As Thana spoke, Farah washed her hands thoroughly in the pre-op sink. She was meticulous as all good scientists were, making sure to lather her forearms up to her elbow as well. Anyone could tell you that infections spread easily in places where sick people congregated and she’d be doing a disservice as a doctor in carrying it to her immunocompromised patients.

Her hands drew away from the sink, senor shutting the water off as she towel dried her hands. Finally, she turned to Thana, face stern and grim with mild dissatisfaction.

“I don’t know how you act when you’re with your Master or other Sith and to be frank—I don’t care. This is a hospital and you will act appropriately while you are here and under my supervision. In case you don’t know what that means, let me spell it out for you: dial back the flirting and keep your hands to yourself.”

She placed the towel on the lip of the sink and took a hard step towards the other Sith. “Do you think that what I do is easy? That I don’t get discredited because of my age or my species? Did you know that some people refuse to have a Zeltron doctor because we’re all ‘disease ridden’?”

Farah reached up and removed her scrub cap before tossing it in an open laundry bin. “I don’t care what you do outside of this hospital with Farouk or anyone else. But while you’re here, I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t drag me down by acting like a horny teenager pretending to be a holodrama seductress. I’ve had to fight tooth and nail to earn respect as a surgeon and I’ll cut you from my service like an infected scrotum if you get in my way.”

The Zeltron walked past Thana, hand pressing against the pad on the door. Durasteel wooshed open and she paused, half-turning toward the other woman and eyeing her with a mix of disgust and disappointment.

“You’re a smart girl Thana, I can tell. Drop the ditz act or get out.”

Laira pulled off the gloves and cap, tossing away the surgical gear while Farah gave her a tongue lashing. A fairly thorough and truthful tongue lashing, that hit all the bases. Everything the doctor said was very true, but as the Zeltron turned to leave, Laira was in front of her, a sudden burst of speed to maneuver in front of the pink skinned alien.

The redhead did actually have a murderous streak, having stabbed a man to death once in a rage, and when she got upset enough she could be quite vicious beneath all the flirting and sweetness. Her eyes were darkened, aided by the eyeliner and shadow she had on. "That's quite enough." She hissed, suddenly taking a very aggressive combat stance in front of the Zeltron. "Don't think for an instant I won't kill you if I think you stand between me and moving up in this empire. I'm not about to spend my whole life a slave."

"Everything you have to deal with, I've faced and dealt with in my own way. I didn't get a fancy last name to move me up the ladder, I'm not a prodigy, I'm not a Force goddess. I'm here because everyone who has ever gotten in my way is dead." There weren't a lot of reasons a teenage Sith Acolyte would be given a lot of freedom and autonomy, to have been taken by a master so young. She didn't have a very powerful aura, and she hadn't displayed a mastery or eidetic memory to the Zeltron.

And that wasn't exactly untrue. Laira wasn't a murderous sith, but every enemy she'd encountered that didn't move out of her way, wound up dead. The redhead may have had some sociopathic tendencies she hadn't had time to deal with since Torolis.

The girl leaned forward, her voice dropping to a low threatening growl. "So, what is next?"

[member="Farah"]

Farah stopped short, taken aback by how quickly Thana had moved to intercept her. It gave the Zeltron pause enough for Thana to bite back without interruption, and it reminded her that the other woman was a Force user as well.

And a trained one. Thana took an aggressive offense, stance reading like someone trained in combat. Farah analyzed this carefully—she was prone to taking risks but at least they were calculated. Though both Acolytes, the woman in front of her was likely better trained in combat. Truthfully, Farah brushed off the more physical aspects of being a Sith for the esoteric applications. That wasn’t to say that she was a good sorcerer—her abilities with Sith magic and alchemy were still rudimentary. Her gaze slid over Thana’s form briefly, taking in the redhead’s musculature. More toned, more taut than Farah herself. If this escalated to combat, Thana would have the upper hand.

“I don’t care what you do in the Empire.” That much was the truth, stern tone sprinkled with disinterest now. She met Thana’s dark gaze evenly with lidded eyes. “I don’t care about your story.” Farah was conscious of where her phase scalpel sat in the pocket of her lab coat but she made no move towards it. “And I certainly don’t care to fight you. I’ve got a full enough schedule today.”

Displays of aggression didn’t go over well with the nerd.

“I’m not going to reiterate it again. You’re here as a guest; respect the boundaries and rules of your host or get out.”

Laira had hoped the not so subtle threat and shared experiences and obstacles would have garnered her some empathy, perhaps even sympathy. However, the Zeltron was cold in that regard. Darn Sith, only looking out for themselves. She scowled, but otherwise nodded, "Don't worry," her voice was rather playful again, "I'll behave." The Princess was glad it didn't devolve into combat, she didn't have any real weapons on her and so her only real offensive options were punching and burning. She didn't exactly like the idea of frying half of the Zeltron's face either.

She had no intention of behaving. The redhead had every intention of getting out of here before she drew anymore attention to herself. The redhead needed a plan. And so she slunk back away from the zeltron, her mind buzzing with options. She could try with the Force, but she wasn't all that good at mind manipulation. Laira struggled to trick run of the mill stormtroopers, certainly it wouldn't work on an intelligent Force-Sensitive surgeon. But there were options.

The redhead retreated until she found Farouk once more, the young male adonis was at least a little infatuated with her and the subtle pheromone traces she was emitting might help him be a much easier target. Everything was possible with the right bait.

"Farouk, could I speak to you for a second." She beckoned, calling him over with a small smile and a pull of her finger, "The good doctor is being a little difficult. I'm trying, I am hun, but I'm a little stressed out. Do you think you could help me get something to take the edge off." She whispered, playing the needy junkie just a little, her hands running down his shirt, pressing against him. And getting a little lower than his belt line with her teasing.

"Nothing too strong, I just want a little symoxin." The redhead batted her eye lashes pulling herself up against the man, dropping her voice into a breathy sound, "You can take me home with you when your shift is done and I'll make all this worth it." She was considering actually taking him back to the resistance with her and trying to rehabilitate the young man, but for now she'd stick to seduction.

[member="Farah"]

Farah’s lack of empathy surprisingly did not come from being a Sith—moreso, it came from being a cutthroat surgeon. In order to make it to the top, you had to be selfish and arrogant. It just so happened that those traits coincided with typical Sith nature.

A grunt of approval was all Laira would receive, Farah pulling out her datapad and busying herself with patient charts while her charge wandered away. Probably not the best option, but the Zeltron was heated enough not to care.

Farouk, on the other hand, nearly dropped his datapad when the scarlet siren appeared and proceeded to cozy up to him. “Did—did something happen?” He was well acquainted with the doctor and knew that she had to have things go her way. He suppressed a gulp as Thana’s hands ran up and down the length of his torso. Then came the little gasp as her hands shifted lower, face flaring in a bright blush.

“U-uh-uh, Symoxin. I’ll have to go to the pharmacy, ye-yeah…wait here?”

He was far easier to work than the doctor, though he looked a little sad as he pulled away to go fetch the requested narcotic.

Laira was no pharmacist, but her time in RESINT had taught her one or two drug cocktails which could be used for a couple things. First she knew how to make a fairly lethal and fast acting cocktail which would appear like an accidental overdose if done properly. However the one she had pulled to the forefront of her memory now was a simple, if only mildly effective mind control drug. Great for an intelligence officer dealing with a stubborn zeltron.

She batted her eyelashes at Farouk as he sulky pulled away from her, and gave him a subtle wave. The handsome young man was quite the asset she needed to cultivate. The seeds were planted, now to ensure he stuck to her and didn't get suspicious until it wold be too late to turn back.

While he was gone the redhead snuck a few other pills and vials she needed, and a few she didn't, oit of storage and off a few patients trays. One here, one there as subtly as she could manage. If she got caught with them, it would seem like she was either a junkie or a dealer, both minor offenses for a Sith, not making a mind control cocktail. She waited, but it didn't take Farouk long to return, symoxin being fairly mundane.

He had exactly what she asked for, just enough for a low dose junkie with a low tolerance to get a little buzzed off painkillers. "Here," She said pulling up into a supply closet. They didn't have a lot of time, but now was for a little of that cultivating mentioned earlier. She took the tablets and acted as though she was popping them quietly when in fact she was sneaking them into her pockets with the rest of the pills.

As soon as the door closed she pulled her scrubs up so that her well toned abdomen was exposed and her bra slightly visible, her hands pulling his shirt up a little, running her hands against his muscles with a little whine escaping her lips, "You can feel mine too if you want, just for a second." She was blushing, but fighting with herself to stay dominant and strongwilled, not to let her bashfulness shine through her persona. She wasn't succeeding very well, but maybe he wouldn't notice. The redhead really hoped she got to take him home with her when this was all over.

[member="Farah"]

Farouk handed over the pills, eyes glancing from side to side even though they were alone. He knew where all the camera were, what all the codes were, enough to make this look like a normal transaction. Who would notice a pill here or a pill there if it went missing from a patient’s dose? Painkillers were overprescribed as it was.

“Wh—“ The nurse stiffened as Thana lead him into a supply closet, looking caught off guard and unsure but ultimately didn’t try and resist it. His face flushed as she pulled up her shirt, enough for him to see the bare skin of her torso and the edges of her bra. “I—“

He sucked in a breath as she ran her fingers along the rigid definition of his abdomen. Farouk looked indecisive for a few moments before placing his hand over her wandering own.

“No.” He said firmly, though there was a gentleness to his hushed voice. “Not like this.” With his other hand, he tugged the loose fabric of her scrub top back in place so that she was covered. “I’m not that sort of guy, Thana.”

"Oh," she said, her cheeks a little blushed and a slight pout as he pushed her away. Her desires had gotten the better of her sensibilities there for a moment, and she was a little sad she wasn't admiring his physique. But deep down she was pleased that he had such self-control and virtue, her arms wrapped around his waist and she pulled herself against him in a tight hug for a moment.

Her mind buzzed and her heart beat a little faster, Laira's head rested against his pectoral muscle as she searched for words on what to say. "Sith aren't supposed to be soft and gentle, Farouk. I know what I seem like, but you don't know what its like, what it takes to survive where I'm from." The redhead hugged him a little tighter, thinking of how she felt and how she needed him to be an asset while also wishing he could eventually join the Resistance with her. There was a softness in her voice that her persona had never let slip before, a more genuine sound. "But if I had to be honest, I'd rather take my time and get to know you. But if others knew I might seem weak, and weakness gets targeted."

She let him go, releasing the handsome man from her grasp, "I do still need a place to stay tonight if you don't mind. We could stay up and get to know one another, but its gotta seem like I'm the big strong Sith, ya know? Go on, I'll be out in a minute and start rounds again."

After he would leave, Laira needed to go about gathering herself once again. A deep sigh escaped her lungs and the girl rested against the shelves as she thought about what it would be like. She wondered how indoctrinated he was, how loyal he was to the Empire, to this hospital? Maybe he would love to escape, maybe Farouk would hear these words and turn on her in a murderous craze. But for now, there was more important work to be done than pining over a man she had just met, no matter how handsome and virtuous.

Quickly, she pulled out the pills and liquids she had stolen, crushing them and grinding them using a few odd tools in a bowl until they were a fine powder. Then she stuck that powder into a syringe shaking it with a saline solution rigorously, checking it several times until the little grains were few and far between, the coloration of the mixture a light translucent blue. Maybe, that would work on the Zeltron.

Maybe.

She'd never used the homebrew mixture on anyone, and never used the real drug on anyone either. So maybe the stories about the mind-control drug were exxaggerated and she was about to be a fugitive on the run. Pray and hope.

Pray mostly.

She was gone a little longer than Farouk, but she was ready, or hoped that she was. The sultry redhead sauntered back to the Zeltron's presence, looking things over and acting a little aloof. The syringe was hidden in her pocket, the needle covered by a plastic sheath waiting for her opportunity to strike. "Sorry I took so long." Laira looked straight to the ground, attempting to look submissive to the Zeltron's will. She had promised to behave, and so far had at least kept her antics away from prying eyes and the pink skinned woman's judgmental glares.

[member="Farah"]

A slow smile spread across Farouk’s face, genuine albeit nervous. He liked his job and was good at it too, though sometimes things with the Sith could get…strange. And dangerous. At the very least, Dr. Zambrano was able to keep the riff raff out of her operating room with some sort of pull she had within the Empire. Going by her surname, it wasn’t hard to figure out how.

“You can bunk with me tonight if you’d like.” He squeezed her hands before letting them go, smile softening. “I’d say not to keep the doctor waiting, but…” Farouk trailed off as he left the room, knowing full well that Farah was not exactly pleased with what had gone down today.

Farah, meanwhile, could be found in an empty patient’s room. “I see you’ve decided to ditch the temper tantrum.” The Zeltron didn’t sound impressed, barely offering the other woman a glance before passing her a datapad. “Here, case studies from patients with congenital mitral valve defects. Read up on them.” It wasn’t clear whether this was relevant or just Farah giving her busywork.

Either way, the doctor would turn her back and busy herself with a datapad of her own.

Well, here's hoping Laira thought to herself, accepting the patient documents with a smile and a nod, though the doctor didn't seem to be paying her much attention. Perhaps she could figure out another way to get what she needed but that required time. She could maintain her cover, maybe sow some discourse, and maybe get Farouk off Bastion if she was careful.

Laira paced the room quietly, making sure no one was coming since she didn't know how long it would take for the drug cocktail to work, which was supposed to lower her inhibitions, make her complacent, and was sometimes called a mind-control drug. How it would actually turn out, Laira didn't know. She muttered random words off the charts under her breath, as though she was trying to commit them to memory.

Hope and Pray. Play to your strengths. Those had been what the RESINT folks had said to her. Well, that and 'hey pose for us! maybe a little spin. You dropped something.' while she had been wearing the ridiculous, yet surprisingly comfortable Sith outfit.

The syringe was produced and the redhead quietly removed the plastic sheath from the needle. It looked so long now, but it wasn't all that dangerous. The bluish liquid filled the object, no air bubbles waiting to worm into Farah's bloodstream. That would be unnecessary and bad for the poor Zeltron's health. Despite everything, Laira wasn't a murderer.

Well, she didn't like being a murderer.

The redhead stalked behind her prey, moving suddenly. She aimed to jam the needle into Farah's neck and shove the drugs into her as quickly as possible while hoping to cover her mouth with the empty hand. It wouldn't do if she was screaming and help came for her to see the two of them struggling. There weren't a lot of options Laira could play at that point other than 'she's overdosing!' and that would come with a healthy dose of skepticism. "Sorry boo, didn't leave me a lot of choices."

If Laira made it far enough that the drugs got in Farah's system, she'd have to start playing it by ear.

[member="Farah"]

The cold durasteel of the needle grazing her neck was not so unfamiliar.

In this circumstance, it was not expected. What was that saying? Expect the unexpected? Not when her mind was in a million places at once, no. Farah had a laser focus when it came to medicine but she didn’t have a warrior’s instinct.

The syringe pierced her neck and a hand came over her mouth. Instinct kicked in and she bit down onto the offending fingers with a vice grip and would have bitten them off if she could. A surge of pain spread down her neck and around her throat as the plunger depressed, pushing whatever was in the needle into her body. Her hands surged upward, one trying to pull at Thana’s hand and the other attempting to yank the needle out from her neck.

Her adrenaline flared and ebbed, flared and ebbed as she fought the effects of whatever she’d been stuck with.

If all else failed, an elbow would jolt sharply into Laira's stomach.

Pain seared through Laira's fingers, and she managed a few grunted explicatives through it all. Her thumb depressed the plunger, struggling with the zeltron's grabbing hands, then a sudden elbow to the stomach driving the wind from her. With her hand being bitten and other busy with the needle, the only two things she could do would hurt them both.

But, better both of them than just her.

The redhead reared her head backwards and slammed her forehead hard towards the base of the Zeltron's skull in the hopes to headbutt the woman enough that she'd stop biting her at the very least. She could feel blood beginning to drip from her fingers as teeth pierced flesh and continued gnawing towards bone.

If this schutta bit one of her fingers off, Laira was going to beat her to death when this was all over. "Ugh, no biting!" she grunted, thumb pressing at the zeltron's eye.

The other thing she could do was take the Zeltron's balance, and so she kicked the pink skinned woman in the calf with the aim to knock her leg out from under her and take the struggle to the ground where she would hold an advantage.

[member="Farah"]

A guttural growl sounded from Farah’s throat as she bit into Thana’s fingers like a wild dog. She should have known that the schutta was up to something, next time she’d demand that any tag-alongs for the day have proper clearance. Or maybe this was just a Sith being a Sith.

The headbutt worked in Thana’s favor, causing the Zeltron to reflexively lose her grip on the fingers which were now bleeding. She would have gone back for them too, if the finger to the eyeball didn’t freak her out enough and provide enough pressure to cause her to lose her solid footing.

The kick to the back of her knee sent her to the ground, but Farah had given up on removing the syringe from her neck right now. Whatever had been in it was running through her system, and the Zeltron recognized that the needle itself was secondary to the fact that she’d just been knocked down.

Still disoriented, with a growl of anger, she flipped around aggressively and flung a hand in Thana’s direction with intent to Force push her away. At the same time, her other hand reached into her pocket for her plasma scalpel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom