Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doctor, Doctor, Please

Bastion

Laira wasn't exactly pleased with her current outfit, but RESINT had insisted it was an acceptable fashion among Sith Acolytes in the Empire. Thigh High leather boots with a two inch-heel weren't exactly what she considered fashionable, maybe for the bedroom, but they weren't too different from her normal boots. She twisted and posed, looking at herself in the mirror she found along the long corridor at the spaceport.

It was the sleeveless, legless one piece skin-tight suit that left the lower half of her bum exposed that really bothered her. It was mildly uncomfortable and rode up her backside a bit, the RESINT officers having been quite pleased with their design choices when they had her try it on at base. She wasn't used to walking around in something so revealing, but she did have to admit that what she saw in the mirror looked smoking hot. Dark eyeshadow and mascara, feathered redhair cut short, her skin a little paler than normal.

The last part was her ring, a special one her father made especially for this. RESINT hadn't known where she got it, only that during the briefings being able to hide or disguise her presence had been a source of trouble for them, having gone through options like Force dispersers, having her just fake it, and several other more ridiculous options. So, instead her father had made her a ring that on its own felt like nothing in the Force, but when worn it gave her a False Dark Side aura that would even help mask the emotions others could sense from her. Her mind would also be shielded from mental probing, and since she was masquerading as an Epicanthix, no one woud be the wiser.

Her mission was fairly simple, she was at the heart of the Sith Empire, the first agent to actually be sent to the capital center. She was supposed to observe and blend in long enough to find something of worth and then escape and report back.

A little seductive eyes at the customs officers and she was able to slip through without being searched, though technically she was supposed to return, but they hopefully wouldn't even remember that conversation. So instead she was just wandering from area to area, lost. She had the part she wanted to play in mind, all she needed was someone to latch onto.

[member="Farah"]

Ever since her birth, Farah had wondered about her position in the Sith Empire. She’d been cloned from a Jedi master to serve the Zambrano family and the Empire it controlled, even bearing one of the galaxy’s most famous surnames. She couldn’t lie, she liked the certain amount of prestige it held in Sith circles mostly because it made things easier for her. With it, she was a little freer to do as she pleased.

It was a double edged sword, though, and painted a target on her back. Which was why she tended to use an alias when offworld.

She wasn’t so much concerned with the Empire and its goal to eradicate the Jedi and rule over a host of planets, moreso she was out for herself. Still, she couldn’t just cut ties with everything she’d even know right now. Farah didn’t have the desire to be smited from existence.

What the Zeltron liked however, was medicine. She’d spent much of her time in the Empire’s medical center on Bastion, stealing surgeries from other doctors and bullying the more timid ones into giving her their interesting cases. When you only had a few months of memories to go off of, it made focusing on one thing a lot easier.

Right now, she was late for rounds and rushing through the city streets to get to the hospital. She’d done well so far to dodge people as she went when suddenly her datapad chimed. Her head turned down sharply for just a second to check the notification, lifting just in time to collide with another redhead.

Farah went careening towards the ground, thrusting her hands out in time to catch herself and save her from a spill. The datapad was not so luck, clattering to the ground. Gasping, the Zeltron scooped up her precious baby which now had an unsightly crack spiraling down the front. “Oh, nice.” She groaned before turning her irritation onto the person she’d crashed into. “Watch where you’re going, eyeliner.”

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Laira was suddenly careened into and stumbling to maintain her feet. The sound of a datapad clattering to the floor filled the corridor and the redhead had to take a moment to observe the person who had stumbled into her. At first she was slightly concerned for the person but as she straightened, Laira remembered that she was supposed to be a Sith Acolyte.

Her expression changed from one of concern to mild indignation, "Watch yourself," the princess started with a combative tone as she realized who and what had bumped into her. She couldn't help but look the pink skinned Zeltron over from toe to head in a slow pan up from the floor, "Or I can watch you if you'd prefer." Laira let her voice fill with the low purr and drip of honey in her tone as she spoke, shifting her weight to one side and standing in the Zeltron's way.

The redhead was supposed to be a darksider, and while her Force aura and the emotions others could feel would reflect this, her body language might need a little work. She had to accept she wasn't going to be able to pull off malicious, murderous, psychopath. But siren or succubus? She could probably play off those with only a little tweak. Her own pheromones mixed in with the air, exuding her subtle pleasure and attraction with whatever emotions the pink skinned sith was exuding.

"Oh, you've seen to have broken your datapad." Grey eyes flicked up from the broken device into the Zeltron's, mock concern for the device in her features as she bit her bottom lip subtly.

Her finger traced over the small crack in the screen, running a figure eight over it. How on earth was she supposed to gain access to something important running around with a random Zeltron, who admittedly seemed a little familiar? But it was the only lead on this entire world she had was this pink skinned goddess. "So, how about we go find you a new one and a quiet place to make sure its compatible."

[member="Farah"]

Farah managed to clamber upwards, precious baby cradled in her hands as she looked at the crack with a mix of forlorn sadness and irritation at these circumstances. There was no doubt that the woman she’d walked into was pretty, but that was the last thing on the Zeltron’s mind right now. Well, maybe not the absolute last thing. But it certainly wasn’t the first, not when her precious electronics had suffered.

The line about this stranger watching Farah caused her brows to surge upwards. “The hell?” She was on the taller side, roughly her height with lean muscle. Farah imagined that she’d be weaker in comparison given that she spent more of her time in the lab and in surgery and less of it on the training grounds. So far combat hadn’t interested her like science and medicine had.

Farah instinctively tugged the datapad closer to her body as this strange woman seemed to try and…seduce her? The doctor’s eyes narrowed, having been down this road before but typically it was in a more appropriate setting. Did this one think that just because she was a Zeltron, she’d want to sleep with anything that had a pulse? Farah’s agitate state made her more liable to jump to conclusions.

“I’ve got everything backed up, thank the Force.” She bit back, popping the datachip from the device and slipping it into her pocket. She had her information synced wirelessly as well, just in case. She’d be quite cross if she couldn’t continue with her work due to some silly malfunction. Her scornful gaze returned to the other redhead as she tried to step around her. “I’m late for work and unless you’re bleeding profusely, get out of my way.”

She was always interested when it came to hacking away at a specimen, er…operating on a patient and then suturing them up nicely. Yes.

Laira continued smiling at the pink-skinned woman, though she could clearly tell that the Zeltron wasn't incredibly interested in an morning foray with the strange redhead. A little surprising given the stereotype that revolved around Zeltrons, but not unwelcomed. That would be awkward having to knock-out the person she just lead off into a closet and wipe their memory, assuming she could manage such a feat.

Still playing up the seductive sith siren angle she had decided on, Laira glanced the Zeltron over once again in a much more deliberate fashion. "Oh, thank the Force indeed. It would be such a shame that a little clumsiness cost you any time away from your duties." The redhead made a point not to point out whose clumsiness as to accept responsibility might seem too meek and to blame the Zeltron might agitate her further. This particular zeltron was going to receive the full extent of the Princess's forked tongue of silver.

Laira leaned to remain in the Zeltron's path slightly, ensuring that they had to continue talking. "Where do you work? I'm new to Bastion and I could use some directions," The redhead remember she needed to seem a little aloof and a little malicious. Just enough to make it appear that she didn't care what the Zeltron was doing unless it benefited her. "Perhaps I'm looking for something in the same direction as you, and I could never turn down such a lovely guide."

Danger surrounded Laira and so far her only chance of doing anything important was convincing this Zeltron to assist her, and she didn't even know who or what this woman was. Her only hint so far was that she wasn't a Sith Lord since the minor inconvenience hadn't resulted in her immediate electrocution. That boded well for the RESINT officer at least.

[member="Farah"]

Farah’s features scrunched up at the clumsy comment, face beginning to redden with anger. If she’d been a cartoon character, steam would have started to come out of her ears. She stopped short of yelling though, the heat of rage dying from her face though she was still far from pleased. The Zeltron let things get to her too easily, thankfully she had been able to curb regular outbursts with the breathing exercises she’d been taught. At least she’d taken something away from those forced therapy sessions on Coruscant.

“Oh, how convenient for you.” She rolled her eyes. “The new girl routine.” She shifted her way around the redheaded siren, somehow unable to shake her.

“I work at the Empire’s central medical center.” Yes, there was a haughty note in her voice. Farah worked hard and was dedicated to her field, but she’d had a head start with the Zambrano influence and all. “I’m a doctor.” She didn’t quite recognize the advantage she had.

Her eyes drifted to the side briefly, shifting up and down this woman’s form. She was attractive, no question there. But work was work and play was play. Farah sighed. “Listen, eyeliner. I’m busy. You can follow me to the hospital, but then find someone else to babysit you and take you off to wherever the sex-starved Acolytes congregate.”

As she spoke, they approached the vast medical complex.

Laira turned her head to the side at the mention of the hospital thinking quickly on her toes, doing her best to maintain her slightly malicious tone and self-serving appearances. What kind of evil non-sense would a Sith Acolyte need to go to a medical center and shadow a doctor for? "Indeed, convenient for you it would seem."

"Oh, well that would suit me very well. I am learning biological alchemy under Lord Grathix, and perhaps shadowing a young doctor would do me well." She picked a name of a random Sith, no one important but with the moniker of 'Lord' the backstory had some credence and carried just a bit of weight. It also made her story one that could be checked on by the Zeltron. How well her spliced together identity and verification was might be frivolously tested, if she didn't keep the Zeltron distracted.

"I'm in need of some anatomy studies and biological research for my training, and I will be excellent company and very well behaved. You won't even notice I'm following you." She paused, realizing she sounded like she was begging or asking permission and needed to pull attention away from that, "At least until you decide you want a naughtier nurse."

Sex-Starved? Eyeliner? This doctor thought highly of herself, but she wasn't exactly wrong. Everything Laira had given her to work with indicated that so far, and that it wasn't an unheard of population it seemed to help her fit in as a Sith. That said, Laira looked great in this get-up and could have just about any man or woman on this planet if she wanted, starved was hardly realistic. Except for this Zeltron for some reason.

"You can call me Thana, or I'll have to start calling you Pinkie." Her eyebrows bounced and her lips curled up into a wry grin at the suggested nickname for the doctor, hoping that it would force her into an adequate introduction.

[member="Farah"]

Farah practically stalked her way through the hospital entrance, unable to shake this irritating yet attractive Acolyte who seemed insistent on following her. While she wanted nothing more than to tell her off, Farah was aware enough to know that she herself was not very high on the Sith food chain and could end up in trouble. Or forced to duel this woman, which would not end in her favor given the wiry form of the other redhead. Farah hadn’t done much combat training.

“I see.” She grumbled, not at all suspicious of this ‘Lord Grathix’ and whatever it was he had her doing. She was distracted by her irritation, and moreover there were many Sith Lords and Ladies she’d never heard of.

Stopping suddenly at the entrance to the ER, Farah closed her eyes. She inhaled deeply for a few moments, letting out a steady breath before opening her eyes and turning to the woman who’d now identified herself as ‘Thana’.

“Alright. But if you behave inappropriately, I’m reporting you straight to Lord Grathix.” A report, if she ever made one because it was a half-empty threat, that would go unheeded. “You can call me Dr. Zambrano. Dr. Farah Zambrano.”

Yeah, she was a little smug.

“I trust you to behave yourself and observe silently. Can you do that, Thana?”

Oh, a Zambrano! How fortunate for Laira to have stumbled upon one of the multitudes of Zambrano children running throughout the galaxy. Given the prodigious number of them, it didn't mean much and she wasn't one of the children or cousins to the Dark Lord the Resistance had extensive files on, however they soon would have a file on her. Psychological profile, description, hopefully her medical records and details of her skill set.

Laira watched, grinning to herself while the zeltron woman centered herself by taking deep breaths in an attempt to sound at least partially accomodating to the redhead acolyte. Short temper, Laira needed to watch herself and not take her role too far or the Zeltron might actually send that report. Which would either be ignored or responded to with 'Thana who?' by a disgruntled Sith Lord in wild space.

"Oh, I swear Doctor Farah, I can be a good girl for you." Laira smiled with a nod, even going so far as to mime zipping her lip and throwing away a key. Her outfit was hardly hospital appropriate, a one piece red suit that rode up on her backside showing the bottom of her cheeks and straps over her shoulders cut low on her chest. She wasn't going to fit in, but in drawing attention she pulled it away from her mannerisms and face. Might help if she had to change and blend in as something else.

Quietly, she followed Farah into the Emergency Room ward, the only sound she made was the clicking of her heels on tiles. Her hips swayed from side to side, and she walked with a casual saunter rather than uptight gait of the Zeltron. Out of the corner of her eye she caught site of a tall dark-skinned male nurse and offered him a little wave. Laira had to stop herself from asking Farah if they could have the man accompany them, but nevertheless beckoned him to follow them.

The man didn't seem to concerned with the pair. In fact he seemed incredibly too busy with paperwork and rounds to take full notice of the women, but wasn't about to ignore a Sith. It only took him a moment before he was falling in beside the redhead as they followed Farah, much to Laira's delight.

[member="Farah"]

“Let’s hope.” Farah grunted, eyes flickering back to make sure that Thana wasn’t doing anything…inappropriate. Though the emergency room was busy, her attire still drew a few stares. It was hard to ignore someone’s booty half exposed, but the ER had seen its fair share of unorthodox attire.

From the corner of her eye, she spotted a familiar face trailing along and falling into step beside Thana. Up went a brow but she didn’t make a comment, happening to miss the other redhead’s gesture that brought the nurse over.

“Talk to me, Farouk. What do we have?” She reached back without looking as he handed her a datapad with a patient chart pulled up. Without missing a beat, the man began to speak as he gave the newcomer a curious glance. It wasn’t uncommon for the doctors here to be shadowed, but usually the med students looked a little more clinical.

“Thirty-three year old male, blunt trauma to the abdomen and currently—“

Farah pulled back the curtain to one of the trauma bays in time for the patient to lurch forwards from his bed and vomit blood all over her and Thana.

“…vomiting blood.” He finished with a wince.

Farah froze and inhaled sharply. “Right. Farouk, get her in scrubs.” She flicked her wrist to gesture them away. “Not in her scrubs. Just…get her something more appropriate to wear.”

The Zeltron gave Thana a side eye that said You’d better not harass one of my nurses. Before turning back to attend to her patient.

Laira was smiling up until the point she ended up with blood on her outfit. Unfortunately, she couldn't exactly just pull it off, the suit was made and designed to help sell her cover identity. She was no longer feeling sexy and flirty, but disgusted and infuriated. It was all she could do to keep from yelling and stamping her foot, or from crying.

She took a deep breath, and another as she centered herself and resumed her role. Finally, she grabbed Farouk's hand in her own, "Come, you're going to clean me up." But she did catch the Zeltron's look, which she left with a devilish grin as she pulled the handsome nurse away from the bleeding man.

Unfortunately for her, not only was the suit difficult to take off, it also had a few hidden compartments in it for her ghostwave communicator, recording devices, and dataspike. He took her into a locker room with showers and stopped, waiting for her outside the showers. "What are you waiting for, unzip me." She ordered, knowing that the outfit would have to be washed before she could wear it again.

Farouk hesitated for a moment but did comply shakily, unzipping the one piece top all the way from the back of her neck all the way to the small of her back before stepping away. It was clear that he found her attractive, at least before the vomit and blood on her body, but also was afraid of her. "Don't worry, I'm in no mood." She reassured, pulling off the boots and then slipping out of the one piece while he held a towel out in front of her and looked away awkwardly. Once she had disrobed she pulled the few things she wanted from the outfit and dropped it to the floor, taking the towel for herself. "Have those washed quickly. When I leave, I'll be taking them with me."

Laira, or Thana, and Farouk would be gone for a while, long enough for her to shower and him to run her clothes to the wash and present the Sith Acolyte with scrubs to wear instead. Laira didn't have anything under the scrubs, but it was better than nothing. Farouk acted like he was trying to leave when she next addressed him, adjusting the pants and shirt while she spoke. "Tell me about the good doctor Zambrano while I dress." Laira could get used to the ordering around and she could get used to the handsome man-servant at her beckon call, too afraid to displease her.

[member="Farah"]

The interaction with Thana was not…unwelcome. At the same time, Farouk wasn’t sure how he should be reacting. He’d picked up on the woman’s playfulness almost instantly and was afraid to seem like he was enjoying their interaction too much. Was he? He wasn’t entirely sure, not with the knowledge that Thana could electrocute him at will for whatever reason. This was the first time he’d been this close to a Sith before, Farah notwithstanding.

Farouk paused mid-step, relief going sour and twisting his gut as the Sith urged him back. He couldn’t say no, really.

“I…” His foot dropped the remaining way, coming to rest as his rapid thoughts settled on the Zeltron doctor and what he knew about her. “Dr. Zambrano is very dedicated.” He spoke carefully so that his words could not be misconstrued as an insult. Who knew what would get back to her. “She’s a perfectionist.” He paused. “Which is a good thing!” Farouk added that one on hurriedly. “You want your surgeon to be a perfectionist.”

He glanced to the side, catching the shape of Thana’s form in his periphery before shifting his eyes forward again.

“Is there...anything specific you wanted to know?”

"Well," Laira grinned, feeling the eyes of the young man drift towards her while she pulled on her new clothes. They weren't exactly silk, but they would have to work for now until she could get her clothes back. She liked that one piece suit, though probably better served not in a public setting. She'd have to remember to add it to her date-night outfits when she returned to the Resistance. Her hands instinctively adjusted the two rings on her finger, twisting around the Zeltron Phero-jewelry and imbued ring to remind her they were there.

Farouk wasn't the most helpful with what he was able to tell her about the pink skinned doctor. She was certainly different from the other zeltron she had met. But, then again Laira was quite different from when she last spoke with Joza.

Laira finished dressing and set about adjusting her fresh scrubs so that they were comfortable, "I need to get on her good side or I won't be able to learn anything from her. Tell me what to do in order to impress her, get close to her, and get her actually teaching me things. I'm not going to learn anything if I have to be silent in the corner and she doesn't speak to me. Help me a little too, I could use a practiced hand showing me the ropes and someone she trusts sticking up for me." She could also use taking credit for some of his successes, but wasn't willing to suggest that so early in having met the man. No telling how loyal he was to Doctor Zambrano.

"Help me do that, and I'll help you with anything you want." She poured sweetness into her voice, sticking her tongue out just enough that he could tell she was teasing him, she probably wouldn't pay up when the bill was due, depending on what he wanted, but the promise of reward from a sith might be enough to recruit him to her side.

[member="Farah"]

Farouk’s eyes widened at the mention of anything and he swallowed thickly. While he was instinctively excited at the prospect, part of him didn’t have the courage to approach a Sith in…that way. Even if she offered. They were known for being a fickle breed.

He did find it a bit odd that Thana wanted to get on the Zeltron’s good side given that there were other Sith-type doctors of more reknown and skill, but far be it from him to ask questions. Then again, it made sense if she wanted to somehow get dirt on the doctor or find her weak spots. Farouk never tried to mettle in the affairs of Sith given that he was aware of his expendability, but…

He shifted on his feet, thinking for a few moments. “Show a genuine interest in what she’s doing. And she doesn’t like being flirted with, at least at work so…if you come across as more sincere and less like you’re trying to get her in an on-call room, she might respond better.” He paused, face flushing as he realized he may have overstepped a little. “It might take a while.” It was clear that the doctor was not pleased with the fact that Thana would be following her around. “But even she warms up to people over time.”

Over quite a period of time.

Laira mused at his suggestions for a moment, Farah was odd for a Zeltron doctor indeed. It must be the Sithiness or the Zambranoism in her that made her so, but even that could be overcome according the handsome nurse. "Very well," her grey eyes flickered back the young man and her smile returned, lips curling up at the corners of her mouth. "I'll keep it in mind."

"If you help me, and maybe take up for me some, when it all works out and I get what I want." She took his hand in hers, stormy eyes starring up into the young man's own lipid pools. He was handsome with pretty blue eyes and dark hair, an excellent contrast. Having seen him just now disinfect his hands she wasn't worried about her next ploy, "I will be grateful." She stuck one of his fingers in her mouth, wrapping her lips around it her tongue rubbing along the bottom as she pulled it from between her lips slowly. She released him once she was done, having made her point very well and expressed her siren song. She needed a moment alone to breath deeply and recenter herself, but feared she wouldn't get the chance. He was very, very handsome, and she was very, very embarrassed, feeling like her insides might rupture from how stupid she felt right now.

The redhead started to walk past him and back towards the Emergency Ward when she slowed suddenly as she passed him and dragged her hand across his chest. Farouk kept in good shape from the feel of the muscles hidden beneath the loose fitting scrubs, and Laira had to force down the desire to giggle and blush as she touched him. She took a breath and wore her best seductive smile, "Honesty is good," she slipped around behind the tall man, having to stand on her toes to nip at his ear from behind him, "Just keep a respectful tone and you can say anything you like."

Then she was walking back to meet with Farah in the Ward again without looking back or stopping again. She might just have to bring him back to the Solemn Purpose with her when she was done.

[member="Farah"]

Farouk seized up the moment she’d touched him, watching with widened eyes as she slipped one of his fingers into her mouth. Then he shuddered, unsure of exactly what he should do, but decided on just…standing there stiff as a board.

“Y-yes.” He murmured, unsure what exactly he was responding to as she nipped his ear. Part of him was excited at the thought of an entanglement with the seductive Sith woman but another part of him was equally terrified. He watched Thana go for a few moments, eyes drifting down to her behind before realizing what he was doing and following along. He figured that she probably couldn’t take Dr. Zambrano on alone, especially as he made it back into the emergency room proper and saw the crash team swarming around her patient. He took in a deep breath before approaching the Zeltron.

“Dr. Zam—“ She cut him off immediately. “Good, you’re here.” The doctor didn’t have time to waste words scolding him, forgetting about Thana as well in the crisis. “He’s gone septic and we’re taking him up to the OR.” The team around her had prepped the patient in a slapdash fashion, raising the bars on the gurney and began rushing him to the elevator. Farah went along with, motioning sharply for Farouk to follow her.

“Dr. Zambrano, wait!” He called out, voice strong but somewhat hesitant. The Zeltron stopped, turning towards him with an incredulous look on her face. “What?” She spat out, waving the team to continue without her. Swallowing his nerves, Farouk continued. “I think it would be good for Thana to watch the surgery.”

Farah balked, taken aback for a hot second before she shook her head. “No. Absolutely not. She—“ A bloodied, gloved hand jabbed abruptly in Thana’s direction. “Is not allowed in my operating room.”

“Doctor, it would be a great opportunity for her to learn. And she’ll behave.” He looked over at Thana with a look on his face, a mix between hopeful and don’t screw this up. “Right?”

Farouk was nervous, obviously a little afraid of her which actually hurt her feelings a little. If Laira had the option, she almost wanted to whisk him back the Resistance with her when she left, but there was no telling what he wanted and how he felt about the Sith Empire.

Very good, her attempts to lure Farouk to her side of things was already working in her favor. A stroke of luck getting to peel him off to the side for a while and get alone with him, she already had an asset working for her. The bad news was he would likely expect at least something in return, but he was very handsome, so how bad could it possibly be.

When he began fighting for her, at least for allowing her to accompany the surgery team and get a first hand view, the redhead had to admit she was impressed with herself. She'd never tried to seduce someone during a mission, and was pretty proud she'd managed to lure such a handsome young man into her camp so quickly. Maybe she could handle this kind of covert thing.

"Yes, of course I'll behave. Quiet and watchful." Laira agreed quickly, giving the young man a wink while Farah's attention was elsewhere. It was good to make sure he knew he was doing a good job when he preformed as she desired. "And out of your way." The bad part of this was that Laira was hardly a doctor, or a nurse. In fact she was practically useless in a medical sense other than the fact she had a necklace that could heal injuries as fast as a bacta tank, but she couldn't just whip out a healing artifact in the middle of Sithland.

Despite the fact she had been banned, at least for now, from the operating room the redhead began following the crash team towards the ER as the ushered the man towards the Operating Room. "So?" She didn't say it, but her tone was expectant that she would get what she wanted, trying her best to hold that air of authority and command to herself.

[member="Farah"]

Farah stared at Thana hard as if she were gleaning her intentions. Maybe she was—Zeltron empathy and all that—but there were more pressing matters at hand. She couldn’t afford to stand here and argue with Farouk and Thana while a man was bleeding out.

“Fine.” She ground out before motioning for them to follow her. The crash team was already on their way up to the OR and it would take at least a bit for her to scrub. “You do exactly as I say. You touch nothing. You stand where I tell you to stand.” Farah spoke forcefully as they made their way to the elevator, pulling a surgical cap from her lab coat pocket and tying it over her head. “You get in my way at all and I’ll have you removed, Sith or not.” A surgeon’s operating room was, in a way, their domain. They controlled who was in there, what happened to the body laying open on the table. Though Farah was confident in her skill, she knew how necessary it was to focus.

After exiting the lift and moving into the scrub room overlooking the OR, Farah turned to Farouk. “If she screws up, I’ll have both of your asses.” The Zeltron flicked her wrist. “Get in there and get her gowned and gloved. I’ll be in shortly.”

Thana would be ushered into the OR and dressed in a surgical gown, booties for her feet, gloves for her hands and a surgical cap for her head. A mask would complete the look. “Seriously, behave yourself.” Farouk muttered as he tied the gown in the back for her. “Two weeks ago she punched the anesthesiologist out.”

Laira smiled, offering the zeltron a faux-curtsy as a gesture of thanks and gratitude, mostly because it was the most proper thing Laira could sarcastically to maintain her sense of self-importance and still provide reassurance she would abide by the rules.

In the Operating Room, Laira was once again pulled off the side and dressed in front of Farouk, something she was secretly deciding she liked for the time being. "Oh, don't be such a worrywart. It'll give you wrinkles if you do it too often and I'm hoping to keep you for a while. I'll be good for you, for now." She said reassuringly, though she did bump her buttocks against his hips lightly as he tied her gown together, just enough to remind him she looked good under all these loose-fitting clothing and layers.

She was grinning and blushing beneath the mask afterwords, grateful she could have facial expressions hidden by something other than acting for a moment. The redhead was definitely going to ruin something eventually, but followed the young man to the point of the room she was supposed to stand, where she would be able to peer over a short nurse's shoulder during the operation but wouldn't be between the surgeons and assistants and anything they might need. The room itself was cold and sterile, a slight shiver running up her spine.

Laira had knowledge of field medicine. Not really medicine, field first aid really. But she wasn't grossed out by blood or guts terribly. She'd seen people actually ripped open and kept her lunch, so she was certain seeing someone having surgery preformed on them wouldn't bother her too much.

Then again, she could be wrong.

[member="Farah"]

With a patient bleeding out on the table, Thana went to the back of Farah’s mind. Instead of shouting at her, she was shouting out orders to her team. All of them trained professionals who knew the gravity of the situation despite doing this on a daily basis, they worked in sync despite the situation being chaotic.

“Damnit!” She snapped. The first incision had already been made into the abdomen, monitors beeping shortly after. “There’s a tear somewhere in the bowel.” She rooted around the intestines, searching for the leak. “He’s going to go septic if—damnit!” Blood started to fill the field where her hand was, obscuring her vision from what was going on in this man’s abdominal cavity. “Clamp.”

A clamp was handed to her and she clamped the bleeding vessel. “Suction.” The blood was siphoned away, but now she was stuck holding the vessel closed with one hand and she needed both. Farah looked up, another curse slipping from her lips when she found that everyone else had their hands full as well. She was low on options.

“Thana.” Her voice raised. “Want to do some surgery?”

She wouldn't be doing actual surgery, but she'd be a hell of a lot closer to the operating table than Farah had planned for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom