Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docking Bay 46: Ship Mods (OPEN)

Jada Raxis

-Take me out, to the Black-
833f65a33f17976f93c24db99cfc23b8.jpg

Docking Bay 46: Void Station

She had no idea who even owned the place anymore. Much about the galaxy the young Warden was totally unawares of these days. Long days of running the Free Peoples Navy and doing her own side gigs to disrupt The Galactic Empire made little room for anything else.

But she mad time to visit the place, and was elbows deep in grease and hyperdrive parts. A wrench clattered to the deck and she growled, tethering it back to her brown utility harness, draped over her blue coveralls. There were two patches stitched on either side. One read Jada Raxis, the other?

The SS Quantum Runner. The name of her beloved little Jast 1 she was modding out.

"No, no, Talor get up here man. Look at the diagram before you do the wiring."

The Bith popped his head through a side hatch into her space, snickering in broken basic.

"Because, if you cross the wrong ones," She clapped her hands together.

"Kablooie!"

"He he he. I got you Jada."

"Please."

She wiped another sweat drop with her cuff, smearing engine grease that matched her longish brown hair.
Wow I need a haircut. And a drink.

Then she cast about the bay, admiring the rusty railings and catwalks of the small cargo hold. She rose, stepped out for a breath of fresh air down the ramp and lit up a death stick, laced with glitterstim....

Walking through the corridors of the Void station, one hand tucked in the pocket of his battle dress uniform pants and the other holding a nice hot cup of caf.

Even though the station was close to both the Galactic Empire and the CIS it seemed to have remained untouched by the two factions, maybe because it's limited strategic importance. He felt safe enough to only be wearing his camoflaged battle fatigues, leaving the armor aboard the ship. A keen eye would be able to spot his Tarisian military patch on one arm and the flag of Taris on the other. His SSK heavy blaster sitting in its holster. A soldier knew better than to go completely naked!

It was not much of a bustle in the corridors, walking by one and another outerwordly species as he headed for his ship to see how the repairs went on. Thinking about his home of Taris while sipping on the caffeinated beverage.

Crates of cargo and ship materials having been placed in the hallway outside the docking bays, awaiting to be either picked up by the station or transported off it. Passing by docking bay 46, he spotted something in the corner of his eye which made him back up to the enterance. Was she for real? Smoking in a facility like this with fuel depots close by?

''You realy shouldn't be doing that!'' he exclaimed to the woman, with his caf holding hand casually pointing in the direction of the docking bays fuel depot. She was clearly having a break from some mechanical labour.

[member="Jada Raxis"]

Jada Raxis

[member="Tyrell Caphey"]

She glanced over at Tyrell and then the fuel depots. Then she took another drag.

"Why not? That's starship grade fuel dude. Takes more than a deathstick to ignite that."

Talor was clanking and clamoring in the background. The sound of screeches mixed with recycler fans and rumbles of engines. A few folks walked by and she stepped farther down the ramp, closing the distance a little and glancing him up and down. Boots, Fatigues and a smart hair cut.

"You some kind of Soldier or something? Names Jada nice to meet you."

Amused by the womans cocky answer, he cracked a smile and looked down the dark liquid in the paper cup.

''Well, if that's a deathstick it could ignite so much more!'' he exclaimed and left his leaning position against the doorframe.

He strolled over to meet the woman while glancing up and studying her ship. Looking back at her he offered his free hand, not minding if she was filthy from her work.

''Tyrell. Nice to meet you too, Jada. Yeah, you could say that. Served on Taris for the most part.'' he said, indicating that he was not on active duty as of now.

''Your ship?'' he asked and gave the ship another glance and then back at Jada. ''With a ship like that I guess you're not one of the mechanics around here?''

Hearing the clanking noises from the background he nodded in its direction. ''You got problems with it?'' meaning the ship.

[member="Jada Raxis"]

Jada Raxis

[member="Tyrell Caphey"]

Jada took his hand, giving it a firm shake. Spacers mastered the art of the shake. Sometimes on the Rim all you had was a Pistol with one round and your Word. Especially if you broke down and were desperate.

"Yeah no. Smuggler by trade, hero by necessity."

She glanced at his Caf and took another drag, blowing a sigh out with the smoke.

"My babies all beat up. Couple of Imperial Entanglements. Guess they don't like their chit tampered with or stolen ha ha ha. Patching the hull and Hyper-drive. Maybe get a faster one installed and some Cry Baby decoys."

She paused, and glanced to make eye contact.

"Tell me about you? Who you serve for now?"

A firm hand usually told alot about it's owner, and this was no exception - he liked it.

He raised a brow and smiled slightly. ''Hero?'' Looking for an explanation to her profession. To be a hero in his field of work usually meant injuries or worse... Coming to think of the times he had put himself at risk for his comrades, however he never saw himself as a hero because of it.

As he was a smoker himself he was not too bothered with her puffing, although this was a death stick which he had stayed away from until this passive smoking. He nodded quietly as he listened to her telling him about the ship. Taking a last sip of the caf, he made a face as he got the cold drops that was left before throwing the cup in a nearby trash can as the side of them.

''Right now... I'm between jobs. Had to make a stop here to fix my own ship on the way from Bothawui to Nar Shaddaa. To look for work.''

Placing his hands on his hips and the utility belt, nodding back at the doorway. ''Say... You wanna go get a drink or something? You look like you could need one.'' Trying his best not to sound like it was a casual invitation to a pick-up at a nightclub.

[member="Jada Raxis"]

Ayy had just set down at Void station, ready for a little down time and perhaps the chance to scrounge some interesting upgrades for her YT-2000 freighter. Stepping down from the gangway the Twi'lek left her lekku dangling behind her as she went to wander around the station, attracted by the sounds of engineering work, something she always had a knack and interest for; if you knew how to fix a ship, breaking it was even easier. Eventually she came across docking bay 46, leaning against the doorframe as she examined the ship within, she wanders into the bay looking at the two talking individuals, she clears her throat to announce her presence before speaking in common "So who owns this beauty of a craft then?" she asks, looking it over from where she stood, her goggles balanced on her forehead as she places her hands on her hips, wincing at the sounds of work from inside, or at least she hoped it was someone trying to work and not being tortured.

Jada Raxis

[member="Tyrell Caphey"]

Jada smirked.

"You are a smooth one. I'll give ya that. But screw it why not."

She was about to reach for her commlink when [member="Ayy'Seela"] joined the pair, inquiring about the vessel.

"Yep thats mine." She said sheepishly, now noticing more than ever the scorch marks from blaster cannons on the hull. Plus half a dozen wires that hung out the bottom as her Bith companion toiled to get them right.

"And who might you be?" She asked, cocking her head just a bit.

He returned her smirk with a slight snort, on the verge of a laugh. His try not to sound like he was hooking her up apparently failed. She seemed to take things right, though.

''Alright then! What about your buddy?'' he said, nodding at the direction of her hard working companion.

Before they could continue he heard a female voice behind his back and turned around to see who it came from. A twi'lek, also blending in in a place like this with her googles and clothes - a smuggler maybe? Ty glanced her up and down awaiting her answer to Jadas question.

[member="Jada Raxis"] [member="Ayy'Seela"]

She smiles, being addressed already without hesitation from the pretty lady. "Name's Ayy'Seela beautiful, but just call me Ayy, or Seela if you're feeling cheeky." she bows to the lady, looking the ship over "Looks like you may need a bit of help with this old girl, if you want I can help you out later; I'm trained in fixing and upkeeping CEC ships, so anything else is moderately easy compared to them."

She then looked over to the man with a smirk "Like what you see there? You can keep staring if you want but unless you're a jedi they ain't gonna drop off from force of will." she loved calling people out on looking her over, and the eyes of this Twi'lek were very receptive, although she was also getting a weird feeling from this man, and he would probably sense a potential in the force from the Twi'lek.

[member="Tyrell Caphey"] [member="Jada Raxis"]

A sassy one, huh? The twi'lek realy sat the tone from the start, alright. Not taking the glance off her, instead kept eye contact with a slight smirk on his lips.

''Nah! I was just checkin' out your cannons there... You're goin' to battle?'' he exclaimed nodding at her holstered twin blasters. He had his own with him and the bigger artillery back in his ship. She seemed not to be a soldier, though. There sure was a reason she wore them, even at a neutral station like this. However, she had set the tone and he was no stranger to follow it up.

Ty looked at Jada then back at the twi'lek. ''We were just goin' for a drink. You a drinker... Ayy?''

[member="Jada Raxis"] [member="Ayy'Seela"]

Void Station Cantina:

Strider looked at his glass of corellian spiced ale as he took a deep puff of his shento cigar, inhaling the bitter smoke and letting it roll over his tongue to satisfy his pallet. It was a good day for the retired soldier, he had just unloaded a cargo hold for the station and possibly had prospects on another job. Pay days were worth celebrating, even if he was celebrating alone with a mechanical bartender a glass and a cigar to keep him company. The cantina wasn't empty by any means for there were plenty of patrons of all sorts and walks with in the confines of this establishment. The plethroa of conversations, some in different alien languages kept the old man entertain as he eavesdropped here and there that were close by.

The mandalorian then slowly swiveled on his bar stool to glance at the entirety of the lounge, he took the cigar out form his mouth exhaling the smoke before gripping his glass gently with his mechanical left hand. He put the glass to his lips and took a swig of the sweet tasking spiced ale that collaborated well with his shento. Strider, tho venerable in age, was still a sight to behold, his body chiseled with profound muscles which was easily seen and defined through his black muscle shirt. His right arm was exposed, with a tribal looking tattoo with the mandalorian mythosour at the center of it. His other arm was all machine, a price to pay for decades of violence. Gave the veteran a hard look, matched his bionic eye and the rest of the scars his body had littered about.

The only weapons he had was a DL-44 blaster strapped to his right thigh, was nice having something reliable and older than he was. He also had a large hunting knife sheathed opposite. No armor. This was very light load out for a mandalorian, but he was not a soldier any more. Just a man now making his own way in the galaxy, one space port at a time. Freedom to be had in such nomadic life style. A ship of his own, travel where the credits take him. No galactic campaign to conduct, lives to sacrifice with decisions made. No battle fields. Just the abyss of space and the bustle of the civilian hustle.

Jada Raxis

[member="Ayy'Seela"] [member="Tyrell Caphey"] [member="Strider Garon"]

"I'm down to bring ya along. We can talk shop on star ships on the way. Or maybe you got a good nugget for a run?"

Either way she turned and nodded to Tyrell.

"Lead on then. You probably know this place better than I."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom