Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Do you wanna spar with me?

Outfit: Padawan Garb
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tags: Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo

The rising sun creeping over the horizon woke Dreidi from her light slumber. The Padawan had been staying on Coruscant for a bit now, checking out the temple, meeting and connecting with other Jedi around but she was also feeling that she was missing out on exploring her path as a Nightsister, feeling the call to connect with others out there exploring Magick but it was hard to find others that would accept her for who she was in full. Especially since she was a Jedi, it seemed only Vanya would be comfortable around her. It was sad to see since Dreidi wanted to bond with the others, demonstrate she could be just as loyal to them as she was to the Jedi. For now, she was planning on staying a bit longer, see if there was anyone else she could meet with and potentially gain as a friend.

Dreidi sent a message to Asaraa, letting her know that she was fine. Coruscant was okay for the most part and that she was looking to do some sparring practice and maybe find a partner to spar with and someone else to get to know. It had been awhile since Dreidi had found a sparring partner of some worth, a lot of the time she was winning matches with ease. Her mix of Magick, the Force and skills in Makashi meant that most were overwhelmed and defeated with ease. Sorting out her morning routine of showering, dressing, eating breakfast, drinking her much needed caf and practising some Magick rituals and techniques that Vanya had shared with her. Dreidi felt the morning quickly pass by, deciding it was time to head to the temple and check out the sparring areas, see how the training rooms compared to the Ascendancy.

Checking out a few people already sparring and seeing how they were doing, Dreidi was noting the approach she would take and curious to see how it would end up working out. Spending a bit observing others, Dreidi smiled to herself, the itch to spar was starting to get intense. She knew that she needed to get herself ready and look forward to having an opponent today. Entering an empty sparring room, Dreidi made the adjustments on her Lightsaber to ensure it was safe to spar with and then ignited the dark orange blade. Moving around swiftly as she warmed herself up and practised a few of the techniques that Asaraa had assigned her to perfect. Makashi was a tough form to get right, especially when she was holding her Lightsaber in the reverse grip. But it was the fighting style she had picked and it was the natural way she felt in holding her Lightsaber.

nhY3GI4.gif

THE PINK ATRISIAN
NEW JEDI ORDER
TRAINING FACILITIES - NEW JEDI TEMPLE - CORUSCANT

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic
v9K53XB.png

As Daisy’s master had found out early on, she was an early riser as he was. Being hampered by a recovering knee in the weeks that followed the unexpected battle on Ilum didn’t seem to alter that cycle. Only the thoughts she was left with after her experiences on the ice world stood a chance of keeping her awake, and even then that didn’t last. Especially with the guidance of the Masters in the Order, including her own.

Having been cleared to resume her physical training in the past few days, Daisy went through her morning routine and practices, all the while looking forward to making her way to the training area to hopefully find someone to get in a good spar with. She was used to frequent practise of her combat capabilities, and the break left an itch that was taking a little time to scratch.

Making her way to the Temple Courtyard, she slowed to a relaxed gait once she entered the area. Peering at those who had come to the training area, or were perhaps leaving, in the hours since daylight broke. Her two songsteel blades - the katana and the wakizashi - and the hilt of a training lightsaber were on her person; for all she knew Jand Talo Jand Talo could be here, one of the other rare wielders of a solid blade amongst their cohort, already a skilled swordsperson as she was.

But he wasn't. She would have to seek him out on purpose. Today, out of the few that were already here to practise the art of lightsaber combat, only one appeared to be as-yet unpaired. Finding a mild smile, she went to the threshold of the doorless room, and gently cleared her throat, pink fingers curling around the entryway.

“Ah, are you… waiting for someone?”

She hoped not. As much as she could run through exercises on her own, the variability of a spar was much better for honing her skills.

rIIDkbi.png

Flowing around the room best she could, there were a few beads of sweat littering her forehead and Dreidi was finding new positions to start launching spells and the Force during several movements. It was nice to have the moment to focus on her fighting and get lost in her combat based thoughts. Her skills in combat were something she wanted to be high, she knew her father was a Master in combat and that his skills were one of the highest in his prime. Her mother's skills in combat were a lot more lacking in comparison, Dreidi wouldn't be surprised she was already close to surpassing her own mother in that regard though, in the Force, she would be spending decades to try and even get close. It was tough for Dreidi having such talented parents and it was why she was training the hardest that she could. Why she was trying to be as adventurous and as daring as she could. Earlier she could get people talking about her skills and talents, her potential, the faster she was on track to being a Knight, Master and maybe even Grand Master.

These thoughts her filling her mind as she continued to practice until she heard someone ask a question, causing Dreidi to abruptly stop as if she had been caught privately dancing her in room. Breathing out slowly, she calmed herself and turned her Lightsaber off, clipping it to her belt as she Force Pulled a towel into her hand to wipe away the sweat that she was building. "Hey, would shake your hand but better to wait till not sweaty?" Dreidi chuckled a little as she smiled friendly over to the stranger. Realising she had just been asked if she had a partner for sparring, Dreidi quickly shook her head.

"Oh no, I am still kinda new so not really got a regular sparring partner at the moment. Feel free to join me if you like?" Dreidi offered, hoping she would accept since Dreidi always looked forward to a good sparring match between friends. "I am Dreidi Xeraic, Jedi Witch/Witch Jedi in training. Not decided which order sounds best..." Dreidi laughed a bit as she introduced herself. "What sparring did you want to do? All in, Force and Lightsaber, Force only or Lightsaber only?" Dreidi asked as she threw her towel to one side, she always liked to offer her sparring partner the choice since she thought it helped in understanding some people and knowing what motivations they might have.

nhY3GI4.gif

THE PINK ATRISIAN
NEW JEDI ORDER
TRAINING FACILITIES - NEW JEDI TEMPLE - CORUSCANT

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic
v9K53XB.png

She shook her head at the mention of a handshake - less so because it was sweaty, though that was a part of it. “That’s okay.” Ichika slipped into the room, and watched the vaguely shorter girl as she towelled off. “I would like to, yes,” she said to the offer to join the Witch-Jedi, her eyes becoming half-moons, a delighted smile curving her lips. “I haven’t selected a suitable training partner yet, either.”

A deliberate choice of words. Even if she did already have one, that wouldn’t stop her from testing herself against the various members of the Order. She could ostensibly learn something about and from all of them.

“I am Ichika Masudo,” the half-Zeltron said by way of introduction, “but my preferred name is Daisy.” Her eyes followed the flight of the towel, to its resting place on the floor along the edge of the room, and flicked her blue-eyed gaze back to the blonde. “Lightsaber only,” Ichika replied as she began to remove the katana and wakizashi from her person, “I haven’t been in practice for a few weeks, because my kneecap became dislodged and torn on Ilum,” and she set the blades with care in a corner of the room, then returning her attention to Dreidi, “I…” she clarified, “...kneed a stormtrooper too hard in the stomach.”

Or maybe not hard enough. She was uncertain about that, just as she was uncertain as to how the son of Irveric fared after she had left him kneeling on the ice. Though the thoughts she was saddled with after that encounter had largely been soothed, it did little to lessen the presence of that image and face in her mind.

“Do you know any martial arts?” She pulled the training hilt into her hand, and it snapped through air between her belt and her palm, her fingers curling around it reflexively upon impact. Unfortunately, she had not been able to retrieve a crystal on Ilum. Perhaps another opportunity, whether Ilum or not, would present itself in time. “I am trained to some degree in the art of the Echani.”

rIIDkbi.png

Dreidi smiled in response to Daisy accepting her offering, it was great to have a sparring partner. "It can be hard to find someone that matches your skills or is stronger than you so you can push yourself to the limit. I always try finding partners that I know will beat me in a match, just so I am constantly pushing myself." Dreidi explained as she danced herself to one side of the room and listened to Daisy introduce herself. "Pleasure to meet you Daisy!" Dreidi said with a grin etched on her lips as she was excited to get to know new people and build more budding friendships.

"Lightsaber only works for me." Twirling the hilt of her Lightsaber in her left hand as they talked a little before they fought. Dreidi always needed to fiddle, have something to fidget with to ensure she was bouncing around and keep her icy fingers warm since they were all too easy to get cold, especially when the weather was colder. "Sounds painful, I was on bed rest for ages after I barely survived an orbital bombardment when fighting the Maw. Drove the medics crazy since I was desperate to get back to training and fighting my Master as soon as I could stand." Dreidi stated in a way to empathise with Daisy over her injury.

It was curious to see a Jedi caring blades, usually Lightsabers were the only blades she saw Jedi carrying around. She was curious if it was something to do with Daisy's upbringing or a trait that her Master had instilled upon her. "Are those blades of great meaning to you?" Dreidi asked pointedly, deciding not to circle around the matter and ask outright while it was on her mind.

"Martial arts? I know the basics of more Lightsaber forms, some non-traditional fighting styles and some basics in unarmed combat but nothing on the levels of Echani or Atrisian. Both of them tend to be very dedicated fighters right?" Dreidi checked to make sure she was correct on those matters. "Impressive that you learnt some Echani, how did that come about?" Dreidi asked, as she was an endless fountain of curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom