Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night...

| SSCS ATTICHITCUK
| Frontier-class corvette

Space. The final frontier.

These were the voyages of the most bored crew this side of The Slice. Their mission, to patrol the space between Vaynai and Lola Sayu in case the malevolent forces of the Primeval Golden Banner wanted to start some ol' gangsta chit like on Ziost. A fast attack, exploration vessel, the Frontier-class corvette was intended to be the Coalition's eyes and ears, maintaining constant vigilance on the borders of the Sanctum in order to sound the alarm in case the fethers clutching their reverie chains wanted to make a run into Silver space much as they had with the Mandalorians at Wayland.

Even with as serious as that assignment was, it didn't make the actual patrol any more invigorating. Thirty-six hours out of Vaynai and thus far the intrepid crew of the SSCS Attichitcuk had cataloged twenty-seven particles of space dust per cubic meter and one class-3 comet.

Exciting wasn't quite a strong enough word to describe the activity thus far.

Capable of operating for more than a hundred hours between recharge cycles, the surgical droid had occupied his uninterrupted shift on the bridge of the military corvette by catching up on medical journals. Kamioan Geneticist Today illuminated a datapad in the droid's hand, his normal reading pace slowed as the human replica droid disguised as a youngling interfaced remotely with the ship's computer in order to research the underlying studies and methods cited or implied by the articles research.

On board was a young Jedi named Viona Thorleif, an emissary of a world located in the Mandragor System. Her presence among them an offer of friendship by the ruling empress of the planet Effekt. That such a champion would have chosen to volunteer for assignment with the Antarian Rangers was something of a surprise.

But, some surprises were welcome ones. And so the Rangers had sized this emissary up for a set of Sasori Ranger armor, which more or less passed as a uniform for them, and had set out for what would be the padawan's first patrol.

No doubt it was thrilling.

Even still, with the downtime, the droid was looking forward to learning more about his companion. With that kind of introduction, being the representative of an Outer Rim Empire, there was an aura of mystery surrounding this one.
[member="Viona Thorleif"] | [member="Willa Isard"]​

[member="BB-4001A"] [member="Viona Thorleif"]

This place, this ship, hell this crew were all bringing a great deal of attention while we were searching. The droid and longest running ranger that has been around. With the case of new weapons we were able to use and plans for what would become out ship... well exciting. "Ready to see what is out there?" Saying it like that was surprising though while moving with the field pistol and sliding the beamer attachment aling the underside of the barrel. Few things really beat a railgun in pistol form but a sonic shotgun and a massive powerful assault rifle could do the trick. The lightsaber in the works from K'sara was also important sliding the smg into place.

Neuraniam ((Objective: Complete an entire role-play from the first person perspective in which you only use the first pronoun (“I” or “me” or “my” ) only six times.))

My first mission in service to the Silver Jedi, and I felt more outside here then ever at home. This ship was immense compared to any back home, and these people were all dressed so differently from me I felt like an outsider. Well...I WAS actually. I had only just joined with this group, the Silver Jedi, as a token of good favor from my Empress Nimue of Effekt. I had taken the task of my own accord for...personal reasons. But finally being out in the galaxy had shown me just how small everything back home was compared to such things as this. As others passed by I only sat with my armor and weapons, forged steel and all that along with one of the blasters that were so common among the people of the galaxy. Some on Effekt had them but it was very rare. They'd preferred tests of metal against metal more than anything else.
And now here I was being part of a task force that was within the Silver Jedi. This group called the 'Antarian Rangers'. From what they'd sounded they were something like elite warriors within the faction itself. If it was any chance to have something of the same glory I had as a champion on Effekt I would take it. Having some piece of the life before all of this. For now, however, I only sat and watched while everyone else seemed busy at work.
I felt so damn awkward...
[member="Willa Isard"] [member="BB-4001A"]

Observation: The human Jedi appears to be demonstrating the effects of social ostracism.

Theory: Interpersonal communication may develop a sense of social identity within the grouping of organics.

Analysis: Inquiry into personal history will develop rapport.

Adjust servo-motors to position body so that it is directed toward human Jedi. Facial recognition protocol: Identity THORLEIF, Viona. Engage vocal synthesizer. Decibel range calibrated for 60 dB. "How are you settling in, Padawan Thorlief? Missing Effekt yet?"

Observation: Organics like to share bonds within groupings. Introductions are important to social bonding. "And have you met Ranger Isard, yet?"

[member="Viona Thorleif"] [member="BB-4001A"]

Looking at the team it was very nice and impressive, BB was skilled and the new girl was something to see while we moved about. "Welcome to the team." A smile as we continued with the pleasantries had to admit to g3etting antsy while holding the weapons. "We should be getting ready to head down, you picked a great day to join up. Healing and with the new equipment from research and development." Moving forward and sliding the rifle into its slot on the back of the armor allowed for ease before the helmet closed. "Just be ready to protect and we have a stunner if you need it."

The sudden sound of a young man brought my attention up. I looked and saw the young man, surprised that he was apparently part of rangers group. There was something off about him as well, but for the life of me I could not place what exactly. Still at least e was pleasant enough to ask. "Fine. Quite fine." I answered him. After that he'd asked about Effekt, something I was a little hesitant to answer. "I will admit I do...sometimes...." Before I could finish [member="Willa Isard"] had arrived, making her stand. As far as I was concerned this girl was my superior for being a ranger longer than myself. Add that to the longer service with the Silver Jedi. I only nodded and gave a "Yes, ma'am." before readying myself.
[member="BB-4001A"]

OOC Note
My apologies for the delay in responding. My internet was out all last week and I've been getting caught back up over the weekend

Voice analysis. ISARD, Willa. Adjust cranial orientation so that visual scanners appear directed toward individual. Access memory file for shared experience. Vocal synthesizer at 65 db. "I hope this isn't going to be like that phrik mission."

Observation: Recollection and shared experiences are of significance to social cohesion among organics.

Theory: Statement will elicit positive response.

[member="Viona Thorleif"] [member="BB-4001A"]

looking at BB that had to get a laugh while moving a bit and holding a small grin. "Oh it shouldn't be and when the time comes we're going to have a surprise later you're going to like." There had been a few advances and maybe when we finished with a few things we'd be able to get the La Rasa online and the Rac. We had it going and now. "Move us in for a landing and get ready you two, this should be easy and unlike Gromas we have no plans for violence."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom