Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Division 2: thoughs

When I first heard that the Division 2 was going to come out I was stoked to see a game that I loved to get a sequel. I play on Xbox and have met all sorts of wonderful people there. I enjoyed the grind from 1-30 and then I enjoyed the challenge of playing in the Dark Zone, as well as the grind for loot.

After downloading the open beta and playing it for a few hours I have come to a few conclusions. Firstly it is the division if you enjoyed the first one the second one feels like it. Secondly, I personally loved the new UI and I love all the ways that gear appears on the character. Thirdly I had a few crashes that made me log back in. Fourthly, the loot feels fun and the settlement system seems very fun to explore in a deeper way. The missions I have done thus far have been an absolute blast and I enjoyed them. Lastly, I had some trouble with my skills until I discovered how to use them.

If you plan on picking up this game please leave your thoughts on it thus far, and if you want to, send me your gamertag and we can play together. I am excited and my hopes are up, let's see how it goes.

Rythe Skirata

R
I plan on picking this up eventually, just not sure if for PS4 or PC yet. The gunplay looks solid which is always my main concern with games like this. Like....I didn't like Destiny 2 because the gunplay didn't carry enough weight for me. Felt and looked like everything was made of cardboard. If it feels like the Division then that won't be a problem this time around!

Absolutely loved what I got to play during the Betas, so I'm definitely going to be jumping into Division 2 (on PC). As said, it's basically more of the Division, and while some elements have changed; such as the move from the snowy New York atmosphere, 2 has a much better 'living open world'. Rather than having random civvies wandering about, you have factions (both friendly and hostile) moving about the map, taking locations from one another.

Not to mention the endgame will shake it all up.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Felt about the same as the first one which was a bit disappointing but the first Division was a good game so not too bad. UI was better, the Settlement systems I think is gonna prove to be a great addition. I think them using the White House as the main base was a great idea as well, it's a very iconic location that everyone will recognize.

I played The Division on the PS4 in it's very early days and spent a fair bit of time with it, but by the later stages my attention had turned to other titles. That said, I've pre-ordered The Division 2 Ultimate Edition for PS4 just today. I'm very interested in seeing how good it is, especially as I didn't play the Beta or looked at any clips of it before hand haha.

So far I've been playing The Division 2 Solo (The few friends that I have on PSN are in different time-zones >.<).

I've been playing in short bursts and have been enjoying it so far, though my first impression was that it doesn't feel too different from the first, but I also still have a lot to learn!

It definitely helps to make it easier for yourself if:
  • Do not go messing with the GPS settings (Unless you'd rather take the time to find your own way around).
  • Run through the missions as fast as you can to upgrade your HQ and bring on more Staff.
  • Look for faction keys (often found on the walls in small boxes/panels).
  • If you see a locked gate, shoot and open it. There's almost always a weapon inside.
Aside from this, the enjoyment of this game comes from playing alongside other people, which is something that I'm sorely lacking sadly.

I still have yet to play around with the load-out system, or spend some time going through the lore of the game, but there's plenty to do here and as far as successful launches go, The Division 2 has done better than most other AAA titles out there lately.

See here for Quality of life hints and tips (Reddit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom