Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divine Restoration - Dominion of Manpha [Moross]

The talk within the confines of The Countess were a mixture of excitement and anxiety. Its passengers, a hive of skilled Morossian Healers, Doctors, Soldiers and Warriors were settled into a barely contained frenzy. Manpha was to be one of the first formal moves to extend the Faith of Moross, and at such a distance their anxieties were given time to fester. The desire to prove oneself and make a name were strong, aas well as the wanting to put to use new skillsets learned within the training halls of Exocron. It was perhaps a good thing that the noble "Goddess" Inari sat at the bridge, leading them onwards to greatness, bringing calm to their feverish energy.

The ship gave a dull lurch as it exited hyperspace travel. Beyond the viewport of the bridge Inari watched the streaking lights of stars settle into flickering pinpricks. In the distance the swamp-covered planet of Manpha glowed dimly.

"Your Emminence, we've arrived at Manpha, we'll enter planetary orbit in ten minutes."

"Thank you, Captain Rua," Inari addressed the female Gran from her seat, "have the transports ready for departure as soon as we stabilize orbit, then establish orbital security detail. We've made a quiet arrival but I want to be prepared in case the locals take alarm at our presence. Remember, this is a peaceful endeavor, we're not here to make enemies."

"Of course, Bright One," Captain Rua bowed as Inari took her leave from the bridge.

Inari took the few quiet moments in the lift to gather her wits and her strength. The Darkside Sickness within her veins was under control thanks to the powers of Neth and Ithari, and she could only hope their spells would hold out through this entire ordeal. Her weakness was something she could cover with a story - Inari's coming to the living realm had been difficult, and it would take time for the Goddess to adjust to her mortal body - but, Amore wondered, for how long would this work before people began to question? The search for a cure was never-ending, though she had little time to think on it as the lift door hissed open revealing to her a trove of soldiers and healers, the closest of which being that of her Body Guard @[member="Vascious Relens"]. Inari offered the elder a brief but warm smile before stepping out, feeling him fall in stride beside her.

Around them bodies of the Moross devout fell in line, the procession making way from holding chambers to the waiting transports.

"I hope you won't be too bored, Lord Relens," she said as they walked, glancing upwards at the much taller man, "compared to your stories of conquest this should be rather tame, I think."

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael stood on the deck of The Countess quietly observing his aunt as she moved about the ship and towards the transports in the ships hangar. There was a slight hint of concern within his eyes, though no one but Amorella would even know that it was there. The black lines that obscured his iris drifted back and forth across his eyes as he stared at the young woman.

Slowly the god shook his head a micro-meter. No one would notice it, but there was a subtle disappointment in the air around him. Manpha was important to the expansion of Moross, its petroleum deposits and strategic location made it a world worth having. The way they were taking the world however was not to his liking, mostly because it seemed...round about. Soliael preferred a more direct method, he preferred assimilation and absorption through more...violent means. Of course he saw the benefit in this, but that didn't mean he had to like it.

Slowly the God turned about on his heel, his honorguard following him without another word as he wandered towards the nearest transport.

Soliael would be conducting a hunt upon the surface of the world. The report that Moross had gathered from the Shawda Ubb had stated that...creatures had been attacking the settlements upon the world, slaughtering and killing villagers. Soliael of course had recognized the description of the beasts almost immediately. They were no ordinary beasts, but instead twisted and mutated by something far darker than the people of Manpha were used to.

Somehow Sithspawn had found their way to Manpha, and Soliael would put an end to them.

When she had left home in search of adventure Teagan had never dreamed that she would become the personal bodyguard of a 'God'. A simple job on a luxury cruise for the insanely wealthy had lead her to the man that was now the center of her world; she would do anything he asked of her without hesitation. Today was to be no different as for the first time in months she was not his shadow, instead she was to use the skills she had picked up as a waitress to aide Inari.

Dressed in the simple cloths of a healer's aid she waited patiently to be taken to the planets surface. She knew next to nothing about healing, but she was quick on her feet and worked exceptionally well under pressure. Teagan was perfect for helping the real healers.

Vascious Relens was awaiting Amorella with her personal guards and healers. The Elder had been sitting patiently upon an ornate chair one of the soldiers had brought while the others stood by awaiting their goddess. The Mandalorian rose to his feet upon her entrance, and returned her smile while falling in beside her.

"Bored? Admittedly Silencia was more cloak and dagger than myself, but age has calmed me. Then again I hope this operation will be tame for us, Goddess, but these things have a way of turning violet."

Most would have seen an imposing Mandalorian figure nearly 7 feet tall wearing full plate armor. Yet she would still see her uncle. He was an elder by a few generations, but there were many subtle quirks about him. In particular she might have noticed that he had an eye on the ground, and his steps seemed a bit odd.

He was trying to match his step with hers perfectly ... Ok maybe he was a little bored.

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
"Pain unending is my curse, and my cure. In the depths of my misery, I found knowledge. For that, I thank my tormentors. They opened my eyes to Liad's truth."

In the procession of Morossians were priests of every god. The savage looking followers of Ithari glared about, red robes the color of crimson. Those who served Neth stood peacefully by, expressions contemplative. They stood in contrast to one another, highlighting the vast array of personas within the Pantheon. Missing from the cadres were the priests of Erebos. They were almost as unwelcome as the followers of Aatrox, and twice as feared.

Seth stood amongst the entourage, an acolyte of Liad, the god of disease. Coarse robes of utter black hid his skin from view, a cowl full of shadows pulled over his head. Beneath those robes one could not see the scar, an ever inflamed, red and angry looking slash that crosses diagonally from his forehead down between his brows and across his cheek, full of devaronian blood poison. The source of a constant, excruciating pain. Beneath those robes one could not see the features of his face and body, so twisted and malformed by Velok and Disciple's idle experiments that he no longer appeared human. He was too tall, too angled, too ghastly pale, and far, far too gaunt. The eyes staring out of his hollow sockets were the color of onyx and seemed like two empty voids.

No one bothered him amongst the followers of Liad. They had taken him in, lessened his pain to make it bearable, at least. He owed them much. He owed Liad much. Once a Praetor of the Royal Guard, leader of armies and ships, now left destitute, with nothing to his name. Artor deposed him after the devaronian blade left him bed ridden, but that had not been the end of Artor's jealous vengeance. He seized all of Seth's estates and assets and effectively exiled the former Praetor, putting him on a one way ship toward the outer regions of space on the other side of the galaxy. He had wanted Seth to live in misery and poverty for the rest of his life.

But now Seth had found Liad. The galaxy no longer looked the same. He remained the silent acolyte, for his tormentors robbed him of his voice, making it blinding agony to speak. And thus he would ever remain.

If there was one thing she lamented about carrying the title of Goddess it was the restrictions it placed upon her now. How she loved talking with her Uncle, bonding with the man that had seen so many things and survived the odds of a brutal life. At home their conversations were so organic - here everything felt so sterile, so confined. Forced to consider every word she spoke for fear of saying something that a Morossian might question, she couldn't speak comfortably. It was so unnatural.

"Let us pray that the tides of peace are with us then," Inari replied to the Elder as she ascended the ramp of her own shuttle, stopping at the top to turn and face the crowds.

Hands folded at her front, hidden within the sleeves of her white robes,
Inari gently cleared her throat and issued a wave of Force Energy over the heads of the gathered devoted. Many were already staring with rapt attention, others stopped and turned to look and listen.

"To the brave men and women who chose to forge the swamps in the hunt for the dark creatures: I pray for your success and your safe return. May Salee shield your back and Kalee guide your sword." Her voice was strong without being loud, forcing a quiet within the crowd so that they may better hear the Reviver's words.

"To those whose efforts will aide the ailing Shawda Ubb: I pray for your patience, perseverance and clarity of faith so that we may help them see the greatness that is Moross. We will reconvene at the Capital City after two full lunar cycles. Namasté."

Namasté. The utterance of honor echoed back to her in unison from the crowds. Some bowed their heads, others raised weapons or saluted before slowly filing to their respective shuttles. Inari watched with a calm gaze, spying a darkly clad figure towards the back (@[member="Seth Shorn"]) as well as a familiar face a bit closer.

"Miss Jarhn," she watched the woman as Teagan made her way through. Inari smiled brightly, pleasantly surprised to see Teagan dressed in the robes of a Healer's Aide instead of the amour she usually wore, "I am pleased to see your talents are numerous. Come with me, I could use your help in the Capital."

@[member="Teagan Jarhn"]

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael listened to his Aunt speak, a smile crossed his face. She had already gotten so good at this, manipulating the masses. The soldiers of Moross seemed to stare at her with adoration and love in their hearts, he couldn't help but smirk. Slowly the Sith Lord turned away from the other god however and walked onto his transport. His soldiers did the same. It was not a sign of disrespect for Inari from them, but instead a sign of respect for Neth. They knew that their god grew impatient.

Neth was the god of knowledge, of all things knowing. He could wait an eternity for something, or only a single second. According to the lore of Moross time meant absolutely nothing to Neth, he like the other gods did not age, but apparently he perceived time on an entirely different scale than the other gods. To him a second might be a millenium, or a millenium a second. Because of this the word Patience did not truly exist in his dictionary, and as he left the hangar deck of The Countess There was a slight hint of impatience in his walk.

Soon Neth and his soldiers found themselves standing aboard the transport filled to capacity.

As soon as Inari finished her speech the engines of the ship roared to life and left the deck immediately. Soliael was eager to get to the planets surface. He wanted these Sith beasts. He had an eternal need for knowledge, and these creatures were something new.

Soft brown eyes met those of the Goddess and she returned the woman's smile. Being spoken to directly by the Goddess was something that caused those around her to stare at her in amazement, but as Neth's personal body guard she had learned to ignore the stares. She was a mere mortal in the eyes of her fellows, a mortal that was favored by several of the Gods.

Moving away from the healers and healers aides she had been with, she approached Inari. Bowing as was required she met the woman's gaze once more, "it would be an honor."

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

Dark eyes watched the incarnate gods walk about in their mortal forms. They were the embodiment of the Crusade. Shorn watched and waited. He was merely an acolyte, unimportant as of yet. But Liad had plans for him, of this he was so very sure.

No words came from his lips. No utterance from his throat. The pain of such would be... incomprehensible. Velok had done his work well, twisting Mikhail's anatomy until Shorn became a monstrosity. Yet, Inari was the Healer. She would have been able to purge this pain from him, perhaps. Seth did not wish it so. The pain had become part of his nature. Without it, he would not know who he was... he would have no purpose. Now, he lived to serve Liad

As the manifested gods began to move off, Seth and the acolytes of Liad followed @[member="Amorella Mae"]. There was a disease to cure after all. And who better to purge the plague bearers than servants of the Plague Bearer.

Vascious eyed Teagan, but said nothing as the ex-waitress approached and bowed before the Reviver. Then his attention turned to a young Morossian soldier that was shuffling his way up the shuttle's ramp. The teenager was carrying Vascious' helmet along with a large old leather bound book, and two blaster rifles.

"Lord Crusader, I have your gear for you," added the young man with a beaming smile and a light in his eyes that would only have been surpassed by the affections that he would have shown for Ithari herself. The teenager sneaked quick glances at Amorella when he thought no one was looking.

Vascious just nodded to the boy before taking the leather bound book from his hands. He motioned for the soldier to follow before turning to head up the ramp after Ithari and Teagan. In his hands he opened his large tome and began to read as he walked.

"Goddess, interesting that you should mention Kalee and Salee in your speech. I believe I have found them to be my anchor in the Pantheon. After all it is what I have known my whole life," spoke the Lord Crusader as he found a seat across from his niece upon the shuttle. The older man never seemed to take his attention off of the holy book. Instead he just transferred it to his lap and flipped a page.

Then after a few moments he looked up and smiled to Amorella as he raised his hands. "The sword," added Relens as he formed a fist with his right hand. "The shield," he added again while putting forth an open palm with his left hand. Both hands were clad in Mandalorian iron gauntlets.

Then slowly the man lowered his hands as he leaned his head back against his seat and stared up at the shuttle's padded ceiling. "Sometimes I try to remember when I was a boy before the galaxy was turned on its head. I try to remember my father's face and these lessons he imparted. Only I can't remember that far back now. The muscles remember, but the mind forgets." There was another long pause as he seemed to dwell deeper on his thoughts. "Do you think Silencia remembers my brother after all of these years?"

Vascious' mind had slipped into a rambling tangent again. Unfortunately his age had begun to show more in the last several years.

"I am certain she does," Inari replied softly, moving to brush her hair from her face while also descreetly wiping beaded sweat from her brow. It wasn't warm, though she felt it.

It's just nerves ... that's all. It'll pass once I get off this ship, she told herself.

She smiled, glancing around as the others dutifully filed in. Teagan had been right behind her and so had a seat directly beside her, much to the chagrin of many others no doubt. Then there came the Lepers of which Inari watched with curiosity, especially the man hiding within his cloak. There was, of course, some mild worry about these particular devotees. Liad's methods of curing the sick were not quite in line with what she meant to achieve today and she hoped this would not cause strife. Leading by example was the only way to ensure a peaceful transition upon this planet.

"From what you have told me of her, Lord Crusader, she's remarkably sharp," Inari glanced to Vascious, "do not fret. Memories are never truly lost, simply buried beneath new experiences. There are ways to uncover them again if you so wish it."

The transport shivered as it lifted into and followed the line of nearly two dozen others out of the The Countess hangar. They could not physically see Manpha due to a lack of viewports in the passenger area, but Amore's mind could perfectly picture it in her head - the mixture of rich greens and deep browns. It was a type of planet she'd never been to before, covered in swamps and large dark bodies of water. Her curiosity for the native Shawda-Ubb was quite strong as the woman had only ever seen pictures of them. The Goddess smiled easily though as she contained her thoughts and growing excitement - Inari the Reviver was simply visiting a planet she'd spent eons watching from the heavens.

"Miss Jarhn," she said quietly as the shuttle rumbled through the planet's atmosphere, "I understand your previous vocation may have lent you some very useful skills for this mission. Have you ever worked around Healers or Medics before?"

As she waited for the woman's response Inari once more looked back towards the cloaked Leper. Something about him continued to earn her interest, but for now she couldn't place what.

Uncle, as a daughter of the Lady Silencia her abilities with Force Telepathy were what anyone privy to the family line might expect. Amore's voice echoed softly through @[member="Vascious Relens"] thoughts, that man towards the back covered by cloak, do you know anything about him?

@[member="Teagan Jarhn"]
@[member="The Silent One"]

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliaels transport moved quickly through space, and there was a slight smile on his face as it did so. He said nothing to the soldiers and they said nothing to him. They were silent, all of them. The slight smile on Soliaels faced passed from him to the others however, and beneath all of their masks the soldiers resembled their god. All of them had a certain air of confidence about them, all of them had a distinct lack of fear. It was for one reason of course, their god was with them.

What did they have to fear? Here was one of the pantheon, one of the most powerful creatures ever to live right at their side. They could not fail. Even if they died they were assured entrance to the great hall. There was nothing for them to be afraid of. So they were ready to do what they had to. Ready to kill, ready to die, ready to do whatever was asked of them.

Soliael knew this, and it was why he was smiling. His soldiers were zealots. They were pious to the utmost. They trusted him, Amorella, and even Jacen to a ridiculous degree. His Soldiers would do what they had to. He had the utmost trust in them. So when the transport broke into the atmosphere and headed towards the dark desolate swamps of Manpha there was no worry in Soliaels eyes, not even a hint concern.

Slowly the transport settled into place and the ramp lowered itself. Soliael was the first to exit the small ship, his troops following close behind. It appeared that the transport had settled on the one solid place around for miles, everything else was deep marsh. “Set up a perimeter. Let us find these beasts.”

There was a hint of eagerness in his voice, Soliael was excited.

Ignoring the looks placed upon her by those of the Goddess' order she gave the woman her full attention, well aware of the fact that her faithful were likely wondering what a worshiper of Neth was doing speaking with their Goddess. "Only on a few occasions when a guest had a mishap..." Her smile was soft as was the blush that stained her cheeks; she was not fond of speaking of her former life amongst so many unknown faces. "I was only a waitress then..."

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

The Mandalorian took a moment to come back to the present when his niece responded to him. Her answer made it clear that she was playing Inari, and it wasn't the time for reminiscing. When she hinted at healing of the mind, the old ex-Sith Master just smiled and shook his hand dismissively. "Oh no, Goddess, I would not burden you with such trifling things. I remember how to forge fire upon your enemies. Hopefully they won't force you to use it."

Vascious leaned his head back against the seat behind again as he slowly closed his eyes. Her voice being telepathically projected into his head was something he was used to with her family. Truthfully Relens had been even more fond of Amore because she could speak, but he cherished all of them.

"I don't know that one, but I 'm curious to see what he'll do on the planet. The faith will attract all manner of followers, but there are some opposing ideologies in the Pantheon. Honestly, even i'm starting to fall prey to the seductive pull of this religion. Still i'll keep an eye on him, and the girl next to you," responded his own voice telepathically projected back toward Inari.

Granted he apparently was figuratively keeping an eye on them since his eyes were closed.

The hooded figure remained silent throughout the entire trip. Some might think him merely quiet, or perhaps lost in reflection. There was even a rumor that he was so zealous in his worship that he prayed unceasingly to Liad. The truth was far more horrible. Oh, Velok. He truly had fashioned Seth Shorn into a creature of silence. An inaudible one... hmm, inaudible. Anaudible. Yes, he would have to have a new name among these fellow worshippers. He would shed his old life. Seth Shorn was truly no more. From now on he would be known as... Anaudius, the Zealot.

The transport settled to the swampy turf below with a squelch. Anaudius shambled off into the dim light of the world. All was swamp fog and it stank of decay and disease. Liad surely blessed this planet.

The speech was quite nice. Even with all of these other people here, the planet that was here needed to be taken over by getting rid of the beasts that dwell in the swamps. I had signed up for that and it was with one of the best things that I could do, and that fighting. Walking behind the living god of Neth I could only smile as the man was known to be full of knowledge. To fight side of him would make anyone filled with honor and joy. however, I was not. Even if he were the only god in the entirety of the Galaxy, I would still not be happy. I wanted to avenge my father, but that would come later.

Reaching the surface, I walked out of the ships to stand by the god of lore and legend. he ordered for the troops to make a perimeter, and with clanking weapons, they did so. I smiled as the the beskad that I had on my back was drawn into my right hand. With my left I got ready to activate the Echani Dueling shield that I had gotten from my father before he died. Now as people moved I was silent as death itself.

Inari was one of the last to disembark the transport but not before donning a hand-forged silver mask and pulling the hood of her robes over her head. Stepping down into the bog she looked about calmly but moved no further from their own transport. Revivers gave pause as their Goddess did not follow and noted her patience as she seemed to wait for something.

Moments of silence passed, and still Inari did not move. Then, faintly, the sound of engines echoed through the trees. She felt the numerous curious gazes fall upon her.

"We have landed at a crossroads of four of the major settlements outside of the capital. Form groups - four Healers or Medics, a translator for each settlement and an equal number of Guards," the first of the transports arrived, piloted by the frog-like Shawda-Ubb who watched them with wide, wary eyes, "Keep your line of communication open and beware of the Sithspawn. If you need help, radio the Countess for a drop ship."

A second transport soon arrived, followed shortly by a third. The fourth could be heard to the east.

Inari looked to @[member="Vascious Relens"] and motioned for him to lean down, "Stay with the Lepers," she said in a low voice, "some of them are doctors, but the others I'm not so sure. I have Neth's Guard with me," Inari added with a nod to @[member="Teagan Jarhn"] to assuage any worry the man might offer. The woman smiled briefly, eyes glancing once more around as the devout piled into the shuttles. The overwhelming headiness of the swamps was making her head spin but she did well to maintain a collected appearance. The false God let her gaze linger once more of @[member="Anaudius"] before swiftly landing on the arrival of the final envoy. Inari stepped in and took a seat, listening as the translator in their group, an Archivist of Neth, spoke with the Shawd-Ubb pilot. No doubt telling him how blessed he was to have the help of a Divine Healer

"My brother Neth tells me he has been training you," Inari said to Teagan after the woman found her own seat, pale blue eyes watching her calmly from behind the gleam of her mask, "I am eager to see what you have learned."

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael observed as his men quickly set up a small base of operations. They formed a picket line around the land they had set down on and were now setting up small tents. He doubted that the Sith Spawn would attack them en masse, in fact he doubted that they would attack at all. They would have to hunt them down one by one. He had already issued an order than any and all Sith Spawn that were killed were to be taken back to the base in one piece.

The Soldiers did not question this order, after all what would the god of knowledge want except to gather knowledge?

In truth Soliael just wanted to find the origins of these creatures. Sithspawn did not just appear, they had to be created, formed, and thought out. Each species of Sithspawn was a little different, most were tailored to specific tasks, this one he assumed was designed for swampy environments. The God Of knowledge frowned slightly, and then noticed one of the soldiers standing in the small opening.

“You, come with me.” He motioned to the pink haired girl, and then began to walk from the encampment. As he left a few more Crusaders fell into line behind him, knowing that they would fight soon.
@[member="Zoey Marix"]

I watched as men moved around their posts with precise accuracy. Never missing a beat it seemed. The creatures out here were very appearant as the little voice in the back of my head told me so. Even more so I had a shiver up my spine just as Neth had called me. I swung my sword to rest on my shoulder as I came to walk behind him with out a word. A few of the troops that were assigned to the God also fell in line behind me. however, I walked out of line off to the side as I saw myself as not a normal soldier.

I had the force, and the talent to use it. Though it may have not been as well as the God walking into the swamp, but none the less I had it. and by the gods was I going to use it.

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael walked through the swamp with his soldiers following close behind. He tightened his hands into fists, wondering when the Sith Spawn would appear. He knew that they would sense him, likely they had some form of hunting sense within the force. Most Sithspawn were designed with an aspect of the Force designed into themselves. Most of them were also bred for hunting, killing, or maiming a specific type of prey. Soliael was able to guess that these Sithspawn were created for the purpose of hunting the denizens of Manpha.

The God of knowledge was interested in finding out who and why these creatures were created. He wanted to know more about them, but that would require finding them first.

Slowly his eyes drifted over the to girl with pink hair. She remained a bit apart from the group and Soliael knew why. He could sense her strength of the force, and knew that she would be a useful tool. The god motioned to her to come closer, he had a task for her.
@[member="Zoey Marix"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom