Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divine Improvisation [Moross Crusade]

Cedric Dorn

C
“Well currently there is only one other god.” Soliael said calmly to his uncle as he observed him quietly. The man was a Mandalorian, something that he did not find all that surprising. He had heard talk of Vascious from both Silencia and Quietus of course, and even though he had never met the man he had a great deal of respect. “Though I doubt you would enjoy his methods.”

Ithari, Soliaels partner in crime was the complete opposite of him. Where Soliael was calm, controlled, and good natured Jacen was exactly the opposite. The Other Sith Lord was extremely powerful of course, but he was wild, and deadly. It was a quality that suited his God identity very well, though when working with him it made him extremely dangerous, something that despite himself Soliael actually quite liked.

“His methods are far less...controlled than my own.” He spoke calmly again, and then wandered into the kitchen area of his small home. Here he set up a small teapot on the stove, beginning to heat water.

“What I have done here Uncle is quite simple. I've made something that people can and do believe in, that they follow. There is no oppression here. No Sith lords killing the lesser of society, no military hierarchy that rules over the land, there is simply Moross.” He sounded proud as he spoke, though he knew there were flaws in his plan.

"Enjoy his methods? No I would assume I would not. I've known many powerful force users. Sadly I respected my dark side compatriots the least. It's not surprising that they're all probably dead now." Vascious audibly sighed as he stared down at his hand on the nearby wall.

"Though admittedly I envy them now. Life became very hollow after the plague. A lifetime of achievement can be washed away and purge a man's name from history," added the Mandalorian as he pulled his hand away from the stonework and dropped it down by his side. "Though i'm merely human. Like Silencia, you will likely stand the test of time better than I have."

Then a smile graced the older man's lips as he looked back at his nephew. "Simple? This is all very impressive none the less. Silencia has also obviously taken interest and it seems Amore will start her life here. I'll do what I can to assist you. During my youth there was no value stronger to a Mandalorian than family. I've likely lost every other value, but I still hold to that."

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael looked at his uncle for a few minutes. He wondered what the man had been through in his life. True he was not as old as his Oma, or perhaps even Quietus, though now as he thought about it he actually had absolutely no idea how old Vascious actually was...though from his own words he appeared to be on the end half of the age spectrum. Regardless his Uncle had been through much, learned just as much and perhaps even more than both of the matriarchs Soliael had grown up with.

He thought for a few more seconds, and then finally spoke again his words chosen carefully.

“You are most welcome here Uncle. I need people I can trust.” He paused for a few seconds, unsure of how to put his plight into words. “I have followers, worshipers, and the like...but I have few that I can actually trust. The Other god I mentioned before. He is strong and true to Moross...but he is Sith.”

Soliael didn't need to explain further than that. Vascious would understand his meaning. Sith were through and through untrustworthy, no matter who they were or claimed to be.

"I understand," came the older man's simple response. "Sometimes I wondered how far the Empire could have gotten if betrayal wasn't an intrinsic value for a Sith."

Vascious smiled as he approached Soliael and nudged him on the shoulder with his fist like old men tended to do.

"Of course it was a pretty pointless thought. Better to strike out your own empire than to test the definition of insanity. How can I be of assistance to your mission here?"

Cedric Dorn

C
Soliael pondered his uncles question for a few minutes. Truthfully he had no idea what he was to do with his uncle. Amorella was a different story of course, she could be seen as one of the faithful, easily blending with the crowds of Moross and perhaps even rising through the echelons of Moross itself. Uncle Vascious however was different. He doubted that he could convince the man ditch his Mandalorian armor and “join” the flocks of the faithful.

That of course didn't mean that his Uncle couldn't help...they would just have to be more creative. Moross was spreading at an incredible rate, and part of that was sending harbingers to new worlds. If the religion kept on spreading then the harbingers would likely need protection.

“Moross is spreading quite quickly. It began here on Exocron but theres already half a dozen worlds where the pantheon has gained favor. Most of the time when we arrive on these worlds conditions are...favorable. Others however not so much.” He paused for a second and looked out the window of the small house, he wondered what was taking Amorella so long. “I would ask that when inevitably Amorella is sent to one of these worlds that you go with her.”

Soliael knew that he probably wouldn't even have to ask his Uncle to do such a thing, but it didn't hurt. “Other than that...I am young still. I may have nearly two centuries of age but I have little experience in the ways of the real world. I would like you to be my...adviser of sorts in the coming months.”

The older man nodded thoughtfully at his nephew's requests. Amorella was obviously precious to Vascious, which meant that there would be no problem there. Being an adviser also just simply made sense to him. He had seen many things in his time, but the old ex-Sith was to burned out to try and relive the glory days. If he could help another family member claim glory then it was a worthwhile usage of his time.

Relens couldn't think of any complaints with the current plan. With nothing to say, the Mandalorian simply reached his hand out to give Soliael a chance to shake it and seal their agreement. Nothing needed to be said. Vascious was impressed with Moross, and would support the project and his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom