Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Distress signal

@[member="Captain Larraq"]

It's been four days since the abandonment of his home.
Distress beacons set and active.
Milo knew it would come to this one day. She said that most systems were non-repairable. So he spent the last two months splitting his time between crafting a life boat and saving his ship. At least he was able to save Raami's Processing unit and some external hardware be fore he was forced to set her course for an asteroid belt and launch the life boat.
As Milo drifted through space all he could really do was keep things together.

So with full sensors on and nothing but time on his hands Milo set to work on trying to repair and improve upon his mobility droid. He couldn't afford for it to break down fully. He'd have no way to move around, he'd have no way to survive.

Suddenly Milo was waking up to the sound of the ship being docked. He could be boarded any moment, where was his chair? Looking around He spotted it across the room, tangled in some parts. The gravity generator was out. Milo was free floating and truly helpless. The fear set it and the darkness shortly after.

@[member="Milo Osbron"]

As it often was, Rygel Larraq's business often took him from one end of the galaxy to the other in the constant quest for new resources, engineers, manufacturing facilities, and buyers. Larraq's shuttle was midway between one business meeting and another when his pilot picked up a distress signal. When they finally arrived at the source of the signal, Larraq wasn't quite sure what they were docking with, but whatever it was, it was broke. It was very broke.

The docking clamps in place, Larraq and his pilot stood by the airlock and waited for it to cycle through. Larraq wore a void suit and held his pistol in his hands, his saber attached to a belt at his waist. His pilot wore full Beskar'gam and carried more weapons than Larraq bothered to keep track of. As the door finally opened, Larraq nodded for his pilot to enter first.

"Hello! Anybody alive in here?"

@Captain Larraq
Somewhere in the cramped cabin an alarm chimed alerting Milo to the presence of another ship docking without clearance. The ships computer tried to give him the information needed about the docking ship but there was too much damage to the systems, to much to keep track of for the Broken AI.
At least some one had found him and took interest. He could only hope that it wasn't like first person to rescue him from certain doom. That event had cost him four years of hardship and struggle before escaping from that Sith apprentice. Nothing could be worse than that. At least he had given Milo a way around his amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, showed him a way to supplement his sever motor neuron disease.
What was taking them so long? oh yeah the size of the ship and the clutter couldn't be helping.
Milo could barely focus through the haze of hunger and fatigue, he didn't even care who it was at the door as long as he didn't die out here alone. He tried to move his chair around and make his way toward the airlock but there just wasn't enough juice left in it. It lurched about 45* around scraping against control consoles and the myriad of supplies that Milo had packed.
Milo tried to call out to let whoever it was that somebody was indeed still alive in here,
"Hello!" "Who's there?!"
His voice was weak there was no way it would reach to the airlock not when this life boat was meant to carry dozens. But all that was here was Milo and the several droids that were is companions and friends and only real way he could get by in this harsh galaxy.
All he could do now was wait and hold onto consciousness, well he could wait at least.

Rygel Larraq and his armored pilot slowly entered the craft. The pilot had his weapon drawn and was moving forward with military precision as the two Mandalorians explored the craft. A loud scrape echoed through the still air as something moved in the forward cabin. Larraq's hands clasped tightly around his pistol as he brought it to a low-ready position. The muzzle of a rifle snapped to the direction the sound had come from as the armored Mandalorian zeroed in on the source of the noise. The electronics in his helmet calculated the size and weight of the object based on the octave of the sound it had made.

Weapons drawn and ready as they moved, the two Mandalorians closed in on the forward cabin. All that stood in their way now was a door. Slowly and quietly, Larraq eased ahead of his pilot and stood beside the door with his back to the wall. Larraq and the pilot nodded to each other. They were both ready.

Larraq pressed the faintly glowing green button on the control pad and the door slid into the wall.

The forward cabin was a complete mess. Every console seemed to be wired into the others with no clear pattern. The lights flickered on and off randomly and quietly over the intercom seemed to be a constant update about the calculated condition of some other ship. On most of the flat surfaces seemed to be parts in various states of repair. One was a small power core plugging into a console, it's power indicating a full recharge.
In the place of the pilot and co-pilot chairs was a large junk-heap of a droid frozen in the process of turning around. Where it's torso should have been was a chair with a small cloaked figure tied into it. The figure's head was slumped over and the hood kept the face from being seen. The hands however were covered in a fine snow white fur. It sat there breathing in slow shallow rasping breaths.

@[member="Milo Osbron"]

The beskar'gam wearing pilot advanced into the room with his weapon aimed squarely at the center of the contraption that lay crumpled in the center of the room. Should it move, it would quickly cease to do so. Larraq moved forward behind his fellow Mandalorian and holstered his pistol when he saw what sat in the center of the room. Drawing his sword, Larraq slowly used the tip of the weapon to lift the hood that covered whatever it was that had been flying this ship.

Whatever it was... it was sentient, injured, and covered in fur. "Whatever this thing is, it needs help. Get it out of this mess and into the shuttle. We'll drop it off at a hospital on the next planet." Larraq said to his pilot as he returned to their shuttle. Whatever he was dealing with here, he hoped it wouldn't smell. Otherwise, he just might stay in his void suit.

(So sorry for the delay!)

@Captain Larraq
Milo was jolted awake as pain shot through his left arm. Eyes wide and bloodshot.
Some armored humanoid was trying to remove him from his chair. If that happened he would be helpless for who knows how long. That could not come to pass.
Milo tried to speak and tell the person to stop, but only a faint rasp escaped is lips. Even through the fog of thought only one thing was on his mind. He had to get the repaired power cell into the chair and get the medical assistance functions back. Otherwise the pain of being moved without the chair could put him out for a very long time. Not for ever but long enough Milo would have to start all over again.
By the time his would be rescuer was working on his leg bindings Milo was able to pull the power cell off the work bench.
With a loud clang that rang through the ship the power cell hit the floor. Milo had almost managed to float it into the slot on the chair but he just didn't have the strength left in him.
All he could do was look at the two trying to help him without knowing how and hope that the show of what little skill of the force he had gotten the point across.

@[member="Milo Osbron"]

At the sound of the loud -whump- that accompanied the falling object, Larraq paused and returned to the cockpit. For his part, the Mandalorian had been struggling with some sort of attachment that bound the small creature to the jumbled mass of machinery that was underneath it. "What did you do?" Asked Larraq when he saw no obvious source of the noise and noting that the man had yet to release the small creature.

"Nothing. Something fell over there." The man said to his boss.

Now curious, Larraq glanced over the side of the machinery and saw a large power cell resting on the floor. Now that he was looking at the far side of the machine, he could see an obvious, open port on the side of the machine. Not wanting to slow his pilot any further, since the man seemed to be failing at whatever he was trying to do to release the creature from the machine, Larraq let his curiosity get the better of himself as he reached down and picked up the power cell. Holding it in his hands, Larraq stared at the small creature as he tried to decide if the creature's chair (for that was not what it was looking to be) was a threat or not.

Milo tried his best to get the person unharnessing him to stop, he starred fiercely at him and managed to shake his head back and forth in the universal body language of no. He could hear another moving around and guessing by the shadow that played on the wall in front of him he or she was right behind his chair.
Still shaking his head at the one unbinding him Milo watched as the shadow bent and picked the power cell up the floor. Milo tried reaching out again and moving the power cell into it's spot on the chair. He managed to move it slightly toward it's home but the person holding it kept it in place.
Milo tried speaking again
"Please halp, fix chair, need it."
Milo could barely hear himself but hopefully the other two heard him at least. At least the one trying to remove him from his chair had stopped obviously looking to the other for some clue as to what to do next.

From the small and fury occupant of the chair, a faint squeaking was heard. Glancing over at the armored mandalorian, Larraq's arched eyebrow asked all the questions his voice chose not to bother expressing. The pilot looked up at his boss and shrugged (which is not an easy thing to convey in armor). "I think it said something about a plas hapix choir... Whatever that is..." The clueless mandalorian said before returning to the increasingly frustrating task of prying the small, fury creature from its throne.

On a whim, Larraq slid the power cell into the housing on the side of the machinery. Worse case... They would just have to blow up the chair with the little fur ball still in it. Which would save them a trip to the nearest hospital.

Milo hear the power cell click into place and sighed with relief.
As the chair powered up Milo could feel the nutrient feed and the painkillers begin to be pumped into him once again. With his head clearing Milo gave began using the chairs controls to have it strap himself fully back into the harness. Milo wasted no time in turning to face the one that returned power to his chair.
"Critical systems failure in five minutes"
"Thank you who ever you are. We need to get off this escape shuttle, when all the systems fail this ship's magnetic couplings will fail and the shuttle will separate into several pieces."
Milo retracted several of the non-essential limbs and gadgets on his chair and without waiting for the other two began heading towards the airlock.
"Critical systems failure in three minutes."

"Wait, what? SONOFA!-" Larraq jammered out at he tried to comprehend the small creatures squeaking. The voice from the escape pod's computer was clear as day though. Larraq and his pilot high-tailed it back to their shuttle and sealed the door behind them. A rumble filled their shuttle as debris from the escape pod scraped against their shields. Once it was over, the two mandalorians glanced around and tried to figure out where the little fur ball had disappeared to.

Once on his rescuer's shuttle Milo quickly found an out of the way room to rest in, one where hopefully he would be out of the way.
He was quickly regaining his energy and figured that it would be a good idea to wait and let the other two make the next move. After all he was now at their mercy.
He hoped that they didn't expect him to pay for any needed repairs to their shuttle after the destruction of his.

Larraq's shuttle was fine, mostly. The shields were drained and the sensors required a little work to get back in proper alignment. While his pilot handled those small challenges, Larraq took the time to hunt down the small creature and its junk-heap of a throne. It wasn't particularly hard to track down. A trail of dirt, grease, and rust stained the expensive carpet of his shuttle from the airlock to a room at the rear of the ship.

"Alright fur ball." Larraq said with his hands resting on the weapons that adorned his belt. The helmet of his void suit had been placed on a table elsewhere in the shuttle, but he had not yet had time to get out of the suit entirely. "Who are you, what are you, and where can I dump you?"

Milo had only minutes to himself before one of his armored rescuers was standing in the doorway to the room he had chosen.
His rescuer was human. But was he to be a friend or a foe?
Noticing the stance of the man in front of him he knew that he may yet still be in trouble.
Taking his hands off all controls and holding them where they could be seen he began to answer the questions directed at him.
"I am Milo Eugene Osbron." He was very careful to take his time and speak as clear as possible."I be not furball , but Ewok. And you cannot dump me anywhere, I owe you my life." Milo knew he was taking a chance but he had been passed off too many times and spent far too much time alone in the vastness of space. If there was any chance that he could belong somewhere he would have to start somewhere. " I can build or fix most anything given access to the parts and a rough idea of what I'm working on. All I ask is for the chance to repay you for saving my life."

Larraq listened to the small creature squeak out its voice at him and tried his best to understand the... Ewok. They were speaking the same language... but the accents were so vastly different that Larraq was only barely able to grasp what the creature was saying. Something about being a mechanic and wanting to work for him.

"You... You want a job?" Larraq said after the realization sunk in.

Milo could sense a great deal of confusion on the part of his rescuer as he tried to talk to him and answer his questions. It was time for a different tactic. The chair would have to do his talking for him. A quick system tweak and a few flicks on the left hand control board and he was ready.
"While job would be good. Me thinks you missed my message. I *static*. sorry, I owe you my life. A life debt I must repay. Honor demands that I be bound to you until the time such that I can repay that debt." the mono-tone metallic voice of the chair conveyed the message but could never give voice to the emotion behind the words.
Milo would have to work on a voice upgrade for his chair. He needed to find a way for it to be able to speak with feeling.

@[member="Milo Osbron"]

"You owe me a what?" Larraq began a moment before the realization sunk in. "Oh. Um... No, that's quite alright. It was nothing really. There's no need for that." Larraq said hastily as the idea of being shadowed by a small hair creature and his rusty walking sled drilled itself into his mind. Larraq was far from fond of dar'manda. But non-human dar'manda were the worst. He simply couldn't bare the idea of allowing such a creature to become attached to him. "Perhaps you could owe the pilot a life debt? He's a rather brave pilot. You should go talk to him."

Milo tapped a command into his chair.
"No. it cannot be him. You returned power to my chair, you be in charge of this ship that came for me. By honor my debt is to you." The mechanical voice of the chair relayed. Milo all the while kept tapping away at the hand full of keys on his right. "I was not always like this. My condition needs constant care, care that be not in my reach. I'll do anything you need, I am honor bound too, though if you could get me enough medical care I'll be in far better condition to help you." the chair's speaker hiccuped as the chair's left leg suddenly buckled. Milo caught the look the man gave his chair. " I can fix or build anything given the parts. I've just been on my own too long......far to long." There was a small snapping sound and Milo winced visibly
Milo had to stop the communication there in his rush to talk to his rescuer he had not been careful enough once again he had broken his hand carelessly. We had he not learned his lesson already, he just wasn't sturdy enough to be out in the world even if it's where all the answers to his questions were.

@[member="Milo Osbron"]

Larraq sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "No such agreement can be made at this time. Verbal contracts are nul and void without paper or digital documentation to support it. If you really want to pursue this, I'll have my legal teams draft up a contract for you in the morning." Larraq said begrudgingly to the small furred creature. He had dealt with this sort of thing before. Poor farmers, starving factory workers, and jobless migrants had all made their play at kindness and charity from Mandal Hypernautics. Helping those who cannot help themselves is considered the most honorable of acts in Mandalorian culture. But it tended to be far from profitable. For his part, Larraq had long ago adopted a unique policy on the issue.

"Whatever help you want can be given. But it will not be given for free." Larraq said as his hands rested on the holsters at his hips. "Your contract will indenture your services to Mandal Hypernautics at a reduced state of pay until such a time as you fulfill your commitment to the company. Breach of contract will result in the placement of a bounty upon your head and the terms of your service to Mandal Hypernautics are non-negotiable. Where and how you serve will not be negotiable and you will be required to adopt the Resol'nare"

"Whatever this 'life debt' nonsense is, it will be secondary to the contract." Larraq continued as he glanced up towards the front of the shuttle where the pilot was. "If you wish to commit to this, you will henceforth be Mandal Hypernautics property to do with as I see fit. Is that understood?"

"So... Do you still wish to continue?" Larraq asked as he looked down on the diminutive creature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom