Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Distractions

spaceship_training_room_by_voloshenko-db8p5pl.jpg

It’d been a few weeks since Ar’ekk’s untimely ultimatum, abandoning Nilia to the machinations of Maliphant and whatever it was he would teach her, though he had been easy on her in the time since then; more often disappearing to train himself than force his apprentice to push past the sorrow she felt for the sake of his gratification. Coming to terms with the separation of a force bond was something she would have to do by herself, and not something he could force; no matter how much he wanted to.

Today however, was the first in a few days he had called upon Nilia; sitting in loose fitting clothes more fitting for a shockboxer than a Sith Knight, but he wore it regardless. Deep beneath the rocky structure that surrounded the facility of Harper’s Respite was a small training room, with both floor seeming illuminated with a warm light to ensure no shadows existed within the room. That which they walked on was soft, capable of absorbing most falls with minimal injury to the user without costing them mobility by overcoming the floor’s absorption. Within this, Maliphant sat, sweat dripping from his forehead as he had just gotten done training with one of his personal training droids.

Still, Nilia could not afford any further distractions to her training, so he had invited her to the room in the hopes the physical training would somehow get rid of any unneeded stress, bringing her to her senses. That, and he had secondary motivations regarding a certain event that was coming up in the next few weeks; and if he put off asking her any longer, they wouldn’t have a chance to buy her a new dress to match the Sith’s black aesthetic.

Wiping the sweat from his brow with his wrapped hands, he waited for his apprentice, breathing heavy as he attempted to recover from his own exhaustion.

[member="Nilia Saavilin"]

5c0a9e3999.gif

The Outer Rim, Bastion, Harper's Respite, Personal Chambers, Morning
Pyromaniac | Interacting with [member="Darth Maliphant"] ~ BRN ~ "I cannot understand the lies you’re spreadin’."
——————————————————————

Throwing herself brutally into training helped with how she felt.

On cold nights she felt at
wits end. Things in her mind tearing at the seams angrily, railing against the machine that was Nilia. As of late she had been distant from [member="Thesh"], withdrawing into her chambers for silent contemplation and overcoming, not only of someone she'd cared for, but of an entire past life. Grief from the Sovereignty had returned in brutal waves, washing over her soul and drowning her in their depths. He had been a reminder of what had transpired in Wild Space, and now her last chain was broken.

Freedom wasn't always this bad, though, was it?

Tying back raven locks into a ponytail behind her head as she walked to the training room, the acolyte reflected on what had transpired lately concerning her, physically. How she seemed aged, more tired, dark circles and gaunt skin and passive expressions. A far cry from the gem of
Eadu who had beguiled any diplomat who crossed her desk, a woman with stellar work ethic and even more impressive skills in conversation. Now, some were fortunate to get a sentence out of her.

Perhaps she just needed a reminder of what it was to be human, to be her. Fighting-- That is, physically sparring --might not help with that, but, it could be a good start. The doors to the small training room opened and the willowy ex-Senator appeared, eyebrows raised, "Good day, Master." One never forgot their manners, especially when addressing a teacher like Maliphant.

With a small grin, Maliphant watched as Nilia walked into the training room with respect at the foremost of her persona, a stark contrast to how she had been as she wandered the halls of their home with some aimless goal. Moving to stand, Maliphant gave her a simple look over before beginning to speak;

Good day, indeed Nilia.”, he said with an amiable tone.

Today I was looking to get some physical training in, before we move you onto a lightsaber. Do you remember anything from the last session?”, he said as he moved idly to one of the training droids, touching on a small panel towards the back of it; ever few moments looking away from it towards her, showing at least some interest in her answer.

After a few moments, he’d bring the droid to life, watching as it seemed to stretch before moving across the room in a ready, traditional Teras Kasi stance; all for the sake of their lesson it would seem, as Maliphant moved with it to stand some distance from it, the wraps around his hands falling slightly as he took his own stance. Once there, he looked towards Nilia once more, speaking in the way only Maliphant seemed to, a mix between a demanding master, and the resourcefulness of a politician, a natural tone he took whenever he spoke casually;

I won’t start you on the droid yet, but you will after I teach you the very basics.”, he said with nod.

First, we’ll work on cadences, then a spar just for the sake of seeing where you’re at.”, Maliphant said as it and the droid began moving through the beginner levels of the Teras Kasi maneuvers, a form specifically designed to fight force users. Their moves were fluid, attacking and defending in the same instance as the moves hit back and forth, the weight of their movements seeming to shift for a full minute before Maliphant stopped, now moving towards Nilia.

You remember this, correct?”, he said as he motioned for her to follow in the same motion, though with him instead of the droid.

Regardless of her answer, he’d work with her in a slow and deliberate manner, letting their forearms press and weight as they moved between the forms and stances, each closer than the last before separating once more. They’d continue this work for a few minutes before Maliphant finally ceased, taking a step back and nodding in approval;

I knew you’d remember.”, he said with a smile.

Now, we see what you’ve retained thus far. I want you to come at me with what you were taught last time, and we’ll see where we truly begin today.

With that, Maliphant lowered himself in a slight off posture stance not disimiliar to a regular boxing stance, though it obviously showed certain signs and points of being untrained. It was purposeful, hoping it would give his apprentice some inclination as to how to approach him, even as he stood there, only for him to speak up to reassure her;

And don’t worry, I’ll be pulling my punches.

The Outer Rim, Bastion, Harper's Respite, Training Centre, Morning
Dangerous | Interacting with [member="Darth Maliphant"] ~ BRN ~ "Cause to my face you say baby I'm hurtin'."
——————————————————————

"Of course."

Prior to this, during a period of reconnection with her mother, she had taught Nilia to fight too. Something she should have done years ago, a reclamation of culture if you would, learning how to maim efficiently. But even then the basics of Teras Kasi were far different from any sort of Mandalorian hand-to-hand she gleaned from Sayl, and were proving a worthy challenge to the apprentice. Nilia without question put in a commendable and rather violent effort into the exercises, a soft exhale of gentle recognition at Maliphant's praise of her recollection.

"Pulling punches?" The girl smiled, that sort of haunted smile those who have laughed in the face of the devil obtain, "Very well, Master."

Nilia definitely benefited from his going easy on her, as her experience fighting like this was still fraught with technical error and missteps. Nonetheless, her strikes were often aimed true, and it was down to a matter of Maliphant being able to block them in time -- Which he no doubt would be able to do.

As Nilia moved to swing, Maliphant did what he could to stop any direct strikes to the face, putting his entire ‘boxing’ defense there, though more and more strikes managed to get through to his body, half of which was done on purpose. On one hand, to help temper himself to such strikes, but on the other to inspire a bit of confidence in his would be apprentice; nothing like building enthusiasm for learning than showing some proficiency with it to begin with. Maliphant responded when able with very light punches, ones that landed with a surprising speed, but they never truly hit, only touched her enough to remind her of the various openings she was forgetting about; though as it went on, and Nilia managed to find a good rhythm, Maliphant was put into almost an entirely defensive stance backpedal, only to notice yet another forgotten opening.

The moment the next kick she had rushed forward for his ribcage, he gripped her leg with a mighty grasp and knocked her other foot away; driving them both to floor with Maliphant leaning over top of her. His ponytail threatened to fall in her face, but as the golden eyes of the Sith Master looked down upon his apprentice, he offered nothing but a kindred smile, speaking softly;

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.”, he said before separating the two and moving to stand. Maliphant offered a small laugh before brushing himself off, wiping what sweat had formed from his brow once more before looking to Nilia, motioning for her to retake her stance.

Maliphant followed suite as this time he moved to speak as they spared, though he waited for her to strike first once more;

How have you been feeling, Nilia? Better, I hope?”, he’d ask as the first strike came, wherever from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom