Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion for the Shapers of Kro Var

Ruye Etarn

R
So yeah as the name implies, anything having to do with the recent plans I just made, (if you don't know what that is look at this.) can be discussed here!

Alright, unless I've already answered the questions and concerns, go ahead and discuss!

Ruye Etarn

R
Once we're set up I'll see what we can do with Tef. But for now we should stick to the Nightsister/brother system I think. And describe our roles in our Title

yeah. my question is do we have like normal force powers (push,pull, persuation,etc...) or is it only for the elements that we can control? It never really specfied in Wook

Ruye Etarn

R
They distrust those powers, so I'm assuming they can, but culturaly they don't like to

Okay so if I have to i can use force push. and do you know what exactly are the powers that they have? could they throw like Fire grenades or flamethrower like powers? (I only said fire because my character is a Fire Tribe)

Ruye Etarn

R
"Their abilities included buckling stone, creating walls of wind, and generating spouts of flame. They could ignite targets using fire, or make their motion more fluid in battle."

I'm not going by that because it is so limiting, thus I would just go by how they do it in Avatar: The Last Airbender. I think it would just be easier and generally it wouldn't be all that different.

Ruye Etarn

R
If you really wanted I could make a list but I feel that that too would be limiting to the imagination. What is your opinion?

yeah i was thinking the same thing but it doesnt specify what abulties they have/had. so it would seem natural for a Fire user to have a "flamethrower" like effect and lets say a Water user to shoot water blasts. as such there are force blasts where the force user chanels energy of that power in to an object. (Daxton used this against Darren in their duel, he punched him with the force) and to further it a Rock/ground user would make a bigger fist out of the rock elements around him/her. to increase their attack strength.

Juggerduck

Just another avatar for Cyttorak
Can you pitch this idea to me? What's the plan? What's the background? Are you looking to recreate "The Last Airbender," or create a Faction that's going to fight for planets? I do see they're all followers of the Dark Side historically. It might be interesting to say that at this point in history they've decided they transcend the whole light side/dark side debate and regard themselves as people who harness pure elemental energy or something like that.

Ruye Etarn

R
Well I've kind of abandoned directly connect Avatar: The Last Airbender to star wars, I was just refering to their abilities because it was easiest to connect in this case as their abilities are not really explained in the wiki.

Juggerduck

Right, I was just trying to get some insight on the big picture. :) Do you see the Shapers as siding with any particular organization or teaming up with any other faction, or is everyone the enemy?

Ruye Etarn

R
But if you are interested here is my pitch:

The Shapers of Kro Var are now more or less united under an Empire and divided into four according to the elements. At 20 years old a shaper's fate as to which clan he of she will be put into will be decided on their greatest potential in manipulating an element, based on what a Shaper Cabal observes. These elements are Earth, Fire, Water, and Air. The culture distrusts "invisisble" manifestations of the force, such as telekinesis or Telepathic abilities. As far as the connect to the rest of the Galaxy I was going to let everyone decided, however, I do see a good chance of having an alliance with the Republic.

So would the powers be left to our imagination? and I wouldnt know about that because of them orinagting from the Dark side they may be with the sith. but if they are a "good spiecies" then we may side with the republic (Based off of what i know) BUT its not my decision its Haru's decision.

Juggerduck

Shaper Haru said:
At 20 years old a shaper's fate as to which clan he of she will be put into will be decided on their greatest potential in manipulating an element, based on what a Shaper Cabal observes.
So that's different from what Wookieepedia says:

Shaper training began at an early age, as younglings were sent to study with a Shaper cabal to determine in which area of elemental control they possessed the most potential. The youngling was subjected to numerous tests and then sent to an appropriate temple to study their particular element and develop their powers. The training was intense and, in addition to harnessing the Force, included lessons in warfare and weaponry.
Yes? Wookieepedia indicates they were selected like Jedi younglings and guided from youth, not that they get to choose at age 20. I'm looking to see how much of the Wookieepedia entry I should be using as canon background.

Ava Solborne

A
I think they should only ally with the Republic, because the Republic is the most peaceful faction. I mean, you know Mandalorians and Yuuzhan Vong and Imperial Remnant and OmegaPyre and The Syndicate... They are all too aggressive. And the Sith Empire is just mean. And the Jedi - Kro Var thing is a great argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom