Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disability Claim

The Silver Rest is the main temple complex of the Order on Kashyyyk, where the main facilities of the Order are. She will learn tons here, both in the Force if your kids are Force-sensitives, and in more mundane topics, she thought, while realizing that [member="Glade"] would simply stick to mindspeak with her. Maybe Glade appreciated Varindar's brains without realizing it. Now, the next question, that of rest, was rather bamboozling to Varindar, especially since she remembers Natoline taking a reservation for a room in the hotel, and even handing her the keys to the White Cooler for tonight: Resting is what your room, the White Cooler, is for: perhaps you might want to return to your room, and to go bed, while I'll return to the front office. I'll check on the loan application process, she thought, while getting the third floor built and, with them, the remaining 23 rooms, depended on the financing, and realizing that she would, in fact, make about as much money from the restaurant as she would from the actual renting of rooms while it had 29 rooms, and probably a bit more once the 23 extra rooms become operational.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Kashyyyk ~Isn’t that kinda dangerous?~ She was torn. She’d heard about the battle, and she didn’t want her girl growing up in danger. Pfffftttt Natoline blew some more hair out of her face, less futile than usual as some of it was tidy, but strands were going back to their old scraggly ways. Maybe with Jedi her girl had a future, a future she couldn’t give her. Gloom was setting in, and she didn’t mind-speak anything not for awhile. Varindar might have even walked off before she answered her from afar.

Eventually she came around, those bouts of gloom could on for awhile especially alone. Just go be with people! What did that matter, she still be alone. She'd been given something here, something new, different from days and days of sitting behind glass watching raindrops, or worse out in them letting them come. Drats no fancy force powers for rest then. Just sleep. Bleh. She didn’t sleep, not anymore, well, much anyway. ~Hmmmm. Nope.~ Glade answered after that eccentric pause, ~maybe, yep, I heard you had holonet?~ She hadn’t had holonet for a year or two. The buzz of a curious hoverchair was slowly making its way back out of the gardens, and back to life. Taking a small stimulant, because she didn't want her day to end and things to return to how they were.

That choice saved her from staying out in the cold, which she might have done otherwise, and perhaps got her out of one small cycle of depression. Varindar just from that brief moment of human contact, of being needed for something however small, had given her more than she probably knew.

[member="Varindar Asyt"]​

Looks like [member="Glade"] is more comfortable with telepathy than with regular speech. She couldn't exactly blame her, but at least the loan application status is clear. I made it through. I got awarded the maximum I could borrow, about 1.5 million, she thought, while the permits were already in hand. The general contractor has chosen not to start the work until financing has been secured, so she notified the general contractor in question that financing was secured, with a copy of the note payable in question. Once Natoline has fallen back to the White Cooler, she asked a question about the wireless HoloNet connectivity. Yes, we have HoloNet; if you wish to use our complimentary wi-fi, just use the password located in the office drawer. It is not specific to any room, so if you have any wi-fi-compliant device, feel free to use it. Don't be shy: I'm acting in good faith towards you as I would any other guest, so long as you're not using it for illegal activities. Other than that you seem to be grateful for me at a distance, she thought, while increasing the range of mindspeak to cover Natoline at range.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Inadvertently helping Varindar learn and get comfortable with Mindspeak, which she could do all day, night and the next day, living in her head. ~Yep.~ Nato answered about being grateful, ~yep.~ She was learning fast. Nato was grateful. She didn’t know whether to say why but she probably should. ~Felt. Not lonely,~ she added quietly.

~ooooh erm is this tiring you, I forget. I mean I should know but I don’t always think, y’know.~ A bit scatter brained, still actually mindspeaking while being concerned about mindspeaking, till she realised and went quiet.

Her chair made its buzzing way inside to find somewhere quiet, away from the other guests on her own. Holonet terminal, did she have a wi fi device? Ah. Going through her junk, a compartment in her chair had odds and ends, Fyor junk mostly as much of her old stuff was still at the old home. She’d never been back. Fffffttttttt. Didn't want to go their in her mind, she already felt her headache. Getting stuck for a minute, both in her head, heart, and her hand in the compartment, she yanked her hand loose and out came one of Fyor’s old holoterminals. Small little thing, very complicated, she’d probably not get anywhere but that wasn’t the point.

Just plugging it in and seeing the screen light up, hearing his jingle. That was the point and that’s all she did, the terminal going to his old homepage. Glade sat like that, and would probably stay like it all night reminiscing in her mind.

[member="Varindar Asyt"]​

It might be a little more draining but nothing I can't handle without a break, she thought, while [member="Glade"] finally asked one of the more uncomfortable questions about Force-training. She must have realized that Chai latté, nor any other caf-based drink, did not help with replenishing the Force-batteries. The origination fee was already due, under 2/5, n/30 terms, to the tune of 2.25%, so she was, in fact, paying nearly four days' worth of room proceeds to get the origination fee paid and the loan processing fee, the latter was paid when the application was filed. Yet she got better interest terms than the Ta'jars did for their spaceport on Chalacta, simply because she borrowed more. Rather than paying 9% APR, she was instead paying 5% APR, because she has a clear idea of what to do with the loan, whereas the Ta'jars just took out loans simply to operate the spaceport, officially at least, repaying it using dirty money, with one payment every 12 hours for about 9,000 credits. Yet, despite Varindar's best efforts to convince the banks that the Crown Nebula has cleaned up its act, the hotel's lending limits were like a straitjacket to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom