Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Diplomatic Solutions

illyrian300.png

G R A D U A T I O N

Banner2.gif

Azurine City - Dragonne Palace - Hall Principal ~ Ceremony Hall
Chief Diplomat Graduation Ceremony

Every year the planet of Illyria graduated thousands of Représentants, men and women specifically trained in the art of the pen and paper. They were the planetary diplomats that were utilized to settle disputes and ratify agreements amongst the many lesser Lords that held claim over the hundreds of provinces that covered the planet.

Those who committed themselves to this path were honored and favored by the King, for there were few positions that the man viewed as more important than those that maintained the many treaties and trade deals that kept the planet of Illyria in an age of progression. It was reaching the end of Winter, which meant that there would be another class of graduates. However, this class was not a standard gathering of Representatives stepping into a new position. Every man and woman in attendance were seasoned members of the Court of the Veil, the government body that commanded the Representatives. These graduates had been selected from their many peers, noted for their extremely tactful maneuvers and appropriate handling of sensitive situations.

For their service they had been honored with promotion to the rank of Chief Diplomat. Extremely difficult positions to obtain, this day only four members of the Court of the Veil were to be recognized and promoted.

The Hall Principal was the honored location of this ceremony. The hall had been cleared for all but the close loved ones of the awardees and a few presiding Chief Diplomats. However within the hall was a noticeable difference. Members of the Illyrian Royal Guard stood stoically around the room, grasping their Vibropikes with a silent, obscure presence. Even without the presence of the armored knights, the air of the room was thick with anticipation. At the front of the Hall, two Chief Diplomats stood before the assembled group. One held a small case formed from Phrik, while the other stood behind a podium, reading over the contents of a datapad in his hands.

Finally the man behind the podium cleared his throat, raising a hand to bring silence to the hall.

The man's voice rang out with a practiced volume. "Good evening and welcome. Today we have gathered to recognize four of Illyria's finest Representatives. It is no easy task, the burden we carry. Yet these men and women have shouldered it with poise, grace, honor, and above all efficiency. For their labors they are to be granted the positions of Chief Diplomats. It is a brotherhood you join, an honor restricted to many and available to few. It grants us pride to see you ascend." The man set the datapad down before stepping around the podium. "However today's ceremony will be overwatched by far more than just your loved ones and the gods above. This day his majesty has decided to view this ceremony and congratulate each of you personally."

That was when the side door to the hall came open.

The King stepped onto the dais, followed closely by his Queen to be, Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais . He watched as the members of his Guard tightened, all stamping the staves of their vibropikes into the ground in unison. The King raised a hand calling for the action to cease. As he stood on the side of the dais, the King spoke up. "Each one of you have served our planet well and I expect each of you to continue this service under the title of Chief Diplomat. You do the Noble families you hail from much honor and it does not go unnoticed by the High Court." He announced to them, before nodding towards the Speaker. The Chief Diplomat nodded before turning to the awardees. "Kneel and prepare to recite your oaths before the King and your brothers. We shall hear them now and when you rise, you shall ascend to the position of Chief Diplomat."

EllaDivider.png

G R A D U A T I O N
Faegard.gif

T A G | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern - Elias Faivre
L O C A T I O N | Azurine City - Dragonne Palace - Hall Principal ~ Ceremony Hall
W E A R I N G | {x}

Saraya was no more afraid of the court now than she was of her own reflection.

It was simply another room, filled with another type of person that required a different version of her. When she and Adron had first met, they danced together at a masquerade. Sharing quips on masks and what lay beneath. She had not known then, but the irony of it was as clear as day now. He had many masks, and there were many different versions of Adron. In time, there would be many versions of Saraya too, but at least she had mastered the most important one.

The Hall of Principal was resplendent, as always. Especially now that anything that wasn’t cemented to the floor had been cleared to allow the marble to shine. It was the perfect scene for such a ceremony. The tall ceilings held up breath-taking windows that allowed rays of sunlight to stream through and reflect off the marble in bright twinkling sparkles. Of course, it went without saying that there was a certain air of pomp to the crowd that had gathered in the hall today.

Why wouldn’t there be? It seemed to be a naturally instilled trait in many native Illyrians, and this particular group had cause to be doubly so.

Saraya stepped up onto the dais beside Adron. This would be the first ceremony of its kind for Saraya, and though Adron had already explained that their presence was not mandatory, Saraya was eager to attend. She was hungry for far more than the dark forces that Adron had promised to teach her. Every slither of information she could gather on the planet that was to be her home was just as appealing to her as the force. Her emerald gaze turned to her fiancé as he began to speak.

She joined in with the polite applause that echoed through the hall as the chosen diplomats stepped forward.

Elias Faivre

E

new-small-bar.png

G R A D U A T I O N
LOCATION | Azurine City - Dragonne Palace - Hall Principal ~ Ceremony Hall
WEARING |
[
X ]

This was the culmination of nearly a decade of work.

He let an easy smile cross his lips as he walked down the center of the Hall Principal with the other three graduates, joining them at the end of the row as they walked and giggled at family members. They'd all arrived hours prior so that they would be in place when the ceremony officially began. Time was ever of the essence on Illyria, especially for those of noble blood. Then, timing was everything. They reminded him of that today, Lady Faivre and his two younger sisters. They were also a reminder of who wasn’t there to witness the occasion, the thrill and joy of the moment. But, at least the three of them were there.

As they all stood waiting, he wondered what was within the case. Brown eyes shifted to the presiding diplomat as his voice boomed and washed easily over the massive expanse of the Hall. The Chief Diplomat and Faivre agreed on one thing, it certainly wasn’t an easy task. Every word and facial expression could either spell out doom or prosperity for both their world and their House. It only took one fall from grace to lose the favor and appeal of the High Court, all of them had successfully walked a tightrope thus far.

And now they added on weights, made it a precarious balancing act.

A wall of sound filled the room as he heard a door open. All eyes tracked the movement as the pulse grew louder, shaking his chest from the force. It stopped as quickly as it rose, everyone expectantly looking to the King and his Queen-to-be. At least, those were certainly the whispers and predictions of the Court. Bringing the Arenais Lady to ceremonies and events was certainly a step in that direction.

This was not his first time seeing either of the monarchs. But, there seemed to be a shared gravity amongst the room. A swelling of energy that stressed the importance and honor that the King spoke of. Importance indeed, this meant that his striving to prove himself since his father’s passing had not been in vain. A weight subtracted for a heavier burden to be levied on his shoulders. It would be up to him to maintain that status now.

Elias followed suit as the attendees bowed their heads at the King’s praise, rising only to kneel this time. He waited patiently as they went down the line, one by one, a smile plastered onto his face as House Fievre’s motto rang in his ears as steadily as the Royal Guards stomped a beat.

Prepared For All.

Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Saraya Arenais Saraya Arenais

illyrian300.png

M I S S I O N

We will exemplify the heart, soul, and pride of our mother, Illyria.

We will never falter in our duty to our world.

We swear fealty to the High Court and shall bear it's words through our lips.

We shall be the mind of the Monarchy.

We shall be the voice of the people.

We will never corrupt our work, faith, honor, pride, or loyalty.

We are the Representatives of Illyria.

This we swear.

In unison the Representatives would swear their oath again. When silence filled the hall one of the Chief Diplomats looked to the King expectantly. The man approached them, turning his eyes expectantly to his wife to be. His hand fell to the small of her back as he urged her to follow closely behind him. "Duty, pride, and loyalty." He spoke out, approaching one of the Chief Diplomats. He watched as the man opened a case filled with amethyst cloth. "These are the pillars of success all of you have utilized to ascend to the rank of Chief Diplomat." His hand pulled one of the amethyst sashes out, running a single finger along the shimmersilk cloth before turning to the men and women before him. He folded the sash before placing it in the hand of the man, before grasping his hand in a firm handshake. "I am proud to allow you all to speak with my voice."
Again he granted another sash, shaking another hand to one of the Noble women. "Never forget. The work you do in service to the crown, in service to the people is the work that ensures Illyria's future."
When he reached the final diplomat, he paused as his eyes washed over the man. He could sense it. There was something more beneath the surface of this man. He recalled that one man had ascended with records that were even more impressive than the other three. This caused the King's lips to draw into a thin line as he recalled the name, pulling it from a thousand rushed pieces of parchment that drifted to the King's desk.
"Elias of House Faivre." He recalled.
House Faivre.
"House Faivre. When I took Illyria into my grasp to mold into what we see before us there were few Houses that opposed my rule. House Astier, House Pascal, House Arentier, and House Greymire." His eyes glanced over to one of the other awardees who seemed to tighten at the mention of the final House. A distant relation, but a member of their blood never the less. Still, the past was the past. The King did not blame those who stood against him.
He merely destroyed them.
"House Faivre was one of the first to pledge themselves to my Crown, to prosperity and progression." He said, returning his eyes to the man before him. His hand was extended to Elias with the sash in the other hand. "I see now what I see then, wisdom. You, above all others, have earned this position." With the awards handed out, the King nodded before turning back to the Lady Arenais, his eyes falling on her and showing a knowing expression, one she would recognize by now.
"All of you enjoy a week of leave. Rest and prepare for the tasks that are to come because they will not be easy. You will be pushed and your work will be arduous, I assure you. Dismissed." His hands came to rest in the small of his back as his eyes landed on Elias once again.
"Viscount. Remain a moment. I would share a few words with you." He watched as all other proceeded to empty the hall, even Elias' family were urged to wait outside until the man's meeting with the King had come to an end. When the door's behind the Viscount had come to a close the King spoke freely. "Relax." He commanded, before waving a hand over Lady Arenais in presentation. "You are of course familiar with Lady Arenais of Mnemosyne and to answer the thoughts that dance around your head, yes. Your future Queen." With the two introduced, the King continued on. "My Lady's world is poised to be a considerable ally to our own, however we have yet to actually begin the process of negotiating a treaty between the two. As this is the planet of my intended, it will need special care in the handling of the treaty and it's maintenance. That is why I have selected you to act as the Diplomat assigned to this particular union. With your skill and experience I trust you can bring us to an agreement that is beneficial for our world."
"Lady Saraya will provide you with any and all information you could need and you will handle the rest. Take special care of this and I can guarantee it will not escape my appreciation." He promised.

EllaDivider.png

S A L U E R
Faegard.gif

T A G
| Adron Malvern Adron Malvern - Elias Faivre

Words were, more often than not, open to interpretation. Especially when it came to politics. They could be twisted and manipulated easily. For selfish or selfless reasons. The men and women standing before the dais today were no different from those who surrounded the throne when court was in session. They would twist words. Manipulate minds. Rewrite histories. For many, it remained to be seen whether this would be for their own gain or for the betterment of Illyria. The oath they spoke today did bind them to the latter, but Saraya knew better.

Oaths were just words, and words were open to interpretation.

Adron’s hand upon her back coaxed her forward, but her gaze was trained upon the polished chest with sparkling gold hinges. Then upon the fluttering sashes of purple silk produced from its depths. As each diplomat was bestowed a sash and a handshake, Saraya offered her own reward. A radiant smile, and congratulations of her own. They were small words in comparison to the ones Adron offered. She knew them far less than he did, but that would change with time, and would all begin today.

As they drew upon the last diplomat, Adron paused.

Saraya turned to look at him. To study the expression on his face. It was one she knew extremely well already. When she turned to look at the man in question, Saraya could not help but grin openly at him. If he had known the look in Adron’s eye as well as she did, he probably would have grinned too. After all, it was rather a large compliment to be remembered by a King.

The sash was offered to him, as it was to the others. However, when Adron turned to glance at her, Saraya refrained from speaking. There would be plenty of time for that in a moment. The others were sent on their way, to celebrate their success and to enjoy a brief moment of peace before their work began. All except House Faivre. Adron motioned toward her, and Saraya stepped forward to slip her arm into his. The expression of pride that was written on her face by the introduction probably rivalled that of the diplomats as they were handed their sashes.

When Adron had finished, Saraya untangled her arm from his and instead offered her hand out to Elias. “Congratulations on your new position, Viscount Faivre.” She began in a honey-laced tone. “It truly is a pleasure to meet someone my fiancé holds in such high regard. I look forward to working with you on the treaty. I’m sure you will more than outweigh his expectations.” Saraya paused for a moment to pull her lips up into a coy grin. “I would, however, like to take the opportunity to apologise for my mother’s gusto in advance. She will no doubt be as invested in this as we are and I would not be surprised if you saw more of her then me.”

Elias Faivre

E

new-small-bar.png

B U S I N E S S

Their oath rang out true and solemn, his voice joining the trio.

At least for him. There was a personal meaning behind those words, all of it flooding back as he spoke the words aloud again for the first time in years. It hadn’t been a requirement since he passed his courses. It was fickle work, and undoubtedly slow as House raged against House in wars for the right to be recognized as sovereign over all others. Elias remembered all too well the chaos and bloodshed that ensued. He wanted no part of it for himself, his family, or his people.

Duty, pride, loyalty. Traits that he’d been raised to embody and would later come to exude as he grew older and accepted his responsibilities as the Lord of House Faivre. Leading both House and people through a time of war and corruption certainly hadn’t been easy, especially not immediately being discharged from the Court of Summer and the passing of his father. The gods seemed to prefer that he be ever on his toes, ironically prepared for anything. When the King came to their world offering a chance at peace and normalcy, the choice was far too easy for him to make. There were no consultations or advisors giving their opinions, Elias made a decision the instant word came to bind their family on the side of history.

He had yet to regret it in these past four years.

His thoughts halted suddenly as his name was spoken, his
first name. When his feet moved to stand, he wasn’t entirely sure. Quickly throwing it aside as simple muscle memory, he clasped the King’s hand and shook it before accepting the sash and slipping it on in the stead of the other awardees. The young Lord couldn’t help but smile as he listened to the King, watching himself through violet lenses. Even with all of the happiness and pride that filled him, there was another invisible weight the longer he looked that the King. He knew what it meant and he was certain that the monarch did as well. After all was said and done, a booming roar of a different reason. The hall filled with clapping and cheers that were considered polite and appropriate for the occasion. All of them allowed themselves a small wave to the masses and their families. Mostly to their families. Following the dismissal, he turned to walk towards his family and take a shuttle back to Crête d’Argent and the safety of his home to relax.

Until he heard the King’s voice once more.
Viscount. Remain a moment. I would share a few words with you. That certainly wasn’t unnerving.

He turned around expectantly, careful not to let the ensuing exhaustion of the past few days of rehearsals and re-runs and drilling until there was perfection in every small movement show on his face. He gave a small bow to the woman. “Lady Arenais, a pleasure.” With that, his eyes looked back to the King as he absorbed the information.

It seemed that the gods did not intend for him to rest. That would be an
absurd notion.

He smiled softly and his shoulders relaxed. “I’d be honored to be the representative to Mnemosyne and thank you for your well wishes, My Lady.” Elias laughed lightly at the comment about the Lady’s mother. Of course someone would be concerned about their world, their home. His entire job revolved around the wellbeing and progression of Illyrian peace. “I can’t say that I blame her or yourself. As for the treaty, what is Mnemosyne hoping to gain and what are we willing to give in exchange? Are there other stakes at play here?

illyrian300.png

M N E M O S Y N E

As Saraya mentioned Rowena Arenais the King could not help but draw his lips into a knowing smile. The woman certainly had a knack for maneuvering within the theatre of Court. She would do well in her ventures on Illyria. In fact that was one thing that the King intended to keep a firm eye on. There were few things more driven than a woman with a measure of ambition. When Elias spoke of the things to be imported the King spoke plainly. "Kyber Crystals. Mnemosyne has a number of them if I remember correctly. They also export the materials for durasteel., lumber, and some agricultural goods. The Kyber Crystals are paramount, all other materials can be reviewed and discussed with the Court of Autumn. They will have better knowledge on the exact resources we could prioritize."

"We have our reserves of Phrik to offer them. As well as wine, silks, spices, and even our Winter Oak Tree's. I am sure you can craft a fine treaty with these things in mind." The King explained. He glanced over to Saraya before speaking once more. "House Malvern will exert it's presence over Mnemosyne. With our ties to their Monarchy we have cemented a foothold, but it will take years of work to properly ensure our influence holds sway there. This treaty will be the beginning. In time we can look towards an embassy for our business to be conducted."

The King chose his words before speaking plainly. "House Arenais is proud and powerful. They will be a great ally to our House. If the boy-King is anything like his father was then he will do whatever he believes is best for his family and planet. We must appear to be the best thing for Mnemosyne. We will make ourselves an invaluable ally and you will see to it that they learn to depend on us." He said, aiming a finger for the Viscount before turning to his Queen. "My Lady has a minor claim to their throne, which means our children will as well." He said, pressing a warm hand to Saraya's cheek affectionately.

"Now then. Viscount Faivre will handle this matter and in the meantime I believe a dinner is in order." He said, looking to Saraya. "It is far past time I have my own meeting with your cousin and gauge just what kind of man he is."

"Do you have any questions, Lord Faivre?" The King asked, his expectant gaze setting on the man curiously.

EllaDivider.png

A M O U R
Faegard.gif

T A G
| Adron Malvern Adron Malvern - Elias Faivre

Elias was as poised and elegant as one would expect a diplomat to be. The soft smile that came over his face was charming, to say the least. His eagerness to begin the task put a smile of her own on her lips, but she turned to Adron to answer the questions he posed.

Currently, he knew Illyria’s requirements far better than she did. Learning the intimate needs of a nation as grand as this one would take time. Still, she was best positioned to teach Viscount Faivre about Mnemosyne culture. The planet was different from most, in so much as they separated their industries into separate states. An overarching government lead them all, but each state had the same rights as the next, and they all would likely have something to say about the impending treaty.

If Viscount Faivre was to represent Illyria in these matters, he would need to be as poised and elegant there as he was in the courts he called home.

When Adron turned her, Saraya turned to face him. The warm hand he placed on her cheek melted the room around them. From the marble walls, to the remaining servants, to the solid floor beneath their feet. The truth of it was, Saraya could not have cared less about the details of the treaty. It was a private truth, of course. A truth party to her mind and Adron’s only. She was interested because it benefited Illyria, of course, but in turn that would make Adron happy. A far more inspiring goal for Saraya to achieve than mutual trade and commerce.

She would play politics for him, and for the things that were important to him, but as far as Saraya was concerned none of it mattered. At least, not as much as he did.

At the mention of her cousin, Saraya shot Adron a knowing gaze. He would remember from the wedding they had both attended that both her cousins were currently a far stretch from the definition of a monarch. Mnemosyne itself was a monarchy by name only, with the real power tied to the hands of the government. It would have been a better measure of the planet and its people to host the entire government than it would Caedyn. “I’m sure a meeting can be arranged once Viscount Faivre finishes enjoying his week of rest.”

Her emerald gaze finally turned back to Elias, at which point the rest of the room faded back in as well. “I would hate to steal him from the celebrations, I’m sure his family has something wonderful planned for him.”

Elias Faivre

E

new-small-bar.png

R E S T

The Viscount listened carefully, his hands resting and clasped behind his back. He made several mental notes on the advice and insight the King gave. He’d have to write them down once they boarded the shuttle, but he was getting ahead of himself already. First, on the account of what Mnemosyne could offer. Or, rather, what Illyria was after.

Kyber crystals.

Of all the minerals and gems in the Galaxy, it had to be Kyber.

The King also spoke of the materials needed to create durasteel, lumber, foodstuffs. Minor things that amounted to next to nothing compared to the crystals, and yet they were also necessary for everyday survival. In return for the crystals, or if he needed to settle on the alternatives, Illyria could offer some of their phrik reserves. Luxuries such as wines, silk, and saplings of the native Winter Oak trees could also be placed on the table. Whatever he had to do to ensure this relationship went as smoothly as possible.

This could truly be a make or break moment. He could climb the social ladder through the success of the treaty...or his House could plummet into the depths of the aristocracy and be deemed undesirable.

To say that House Arenais was powerful was a drastic understatement, but it still got the point across. He nodded respectfully, listening closely to the rest of the King’s words, jotting down notes in his mind every now and then. Finally, he spoke up gently, “I don’t have any questions at all, Your Majesty. Thank you for the briefing and the honor of serving as the Representative to Mnemosyne.

A polite and genuine smile found him again. “And thank you as well, Lady Arenais. I’m sure they do have something planned and I know they’ll be overjoyed hearing news of our talk.” Deep brown eyes looked back to the Lord Malvern. “If I may? I hope you both enjoy the dinner and have a wonderful evening.

He waited for his dismissal before turning to walk through the grand doors of the Hall Principal, his strides measured and easy-going and his chest swelling with joy and pride. They certainly had such to plan and celebrate in the coming days.

And this venture was only the beginning of his newest path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom