Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Dii'vyra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dii'vyra

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a possible mount, populate Nalrobi and create a natural predator for the Suchur
  • ​Image Credit: Bat by SaeedRamez
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: Nalrobi, Suchur
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Dii'vyra
  • Designation: Semi-sentient
  • Homeworld: Nalrobi
  • Language: N/A
  • Average Lifespan: 45
  • Estimated Population: Planetary
  • Description: Dii'vyra have huge leathery wings and are born with either thick white or black fur. They have large ears, and an upturned snout. There's large talons on the end of their wings. Their eyes glow red and are completely blind.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type 1
  • Average height of adults: 1.8 m
  • Average length of adults: N/A
  • Skin color: White or black
  • Hair color: white or black
  • Distinctions: They are large flying predators. The females are slightly larger than the males and more aggressive. Dii'vyras' piercing red eyes are totally blind, so they hunt at night using a combination of smell, echolocation, and electrolocation. They emit high pitch noises, higher than most creature's range of hearing, to communicate and see their environment. They have electrosensory organs that can sense the electromagnetic fields generated by muscle movement. All of these sensory abilities are heightened by not having sight. When hunting the Dii'vyra uses echolocation to find prey great distances away. After getting within range it smells it's target from the sky. In the Dii'vyra's mind the forest below is filled with bright beacons of light, as it uses it's electrosensory organs. Every animal, especially Suchur are easy to find.
  • Races: N/A
  • Strengths:
  • -Now You See Me: Unrivaled trackers, they can sense prey from miles away
  • +Do a Barrel Roll: Due to a hollow avian skeletal structure and a mammalian muscular system the Dii'vyra are incredibly fast and agile in the air. They can dodge blaster fire and even slugs from slugthrowers
  • +Bonded: They can't fend for themselves until at least 6 months, and imprint on whoever takes care of them during this period. This makes them easily trained
  • Weaknesses:
  • -Hollow bones: They're light bone structure is good for flying, but bad for taking heavy hits. That is if you can catch them
  • -Bonded: If they haven't been raised by other Dii'vyra, and their trainer dies they will remain with the body until they die of starvation
  • -Now You Don't: Despite all of their sensory advantages the Dii'vyra is completely blind.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Meat
  • Communication: High pitched screeches out of the audible range
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behavior: The Dii'vyra builds close knit family units that are fiercely protective of each other. The offspring stay with their parents until they find a mate, which kind of happens whenever, much like humans. They are mostly nocturnal, but have been seen hunting in the day time if food is scarce. Dii'vyra are the natural predator of Suchurs, because of the Suchur's amplified electromagnetic field. They are easily trained if you know what you're doing.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Dii'vyra's sensory abilities most likely evolved to hunt Suchur. Dii'vyra means 'Death from Above' in Suchuri. Being natural enemies the Dii'vyra has become something of a bad omen to the Suchur. Some Gris basqs have been known to train and ride them. After being exiled by the non-force sensitive Suchurs, the Gris basqs formed. Some of the first abilities they developed was influencing beasts of the Nalrobi wilderness. They learned how to train some of the most dangerous creatures of the planet. Eventually they used their ability to conquer the fearsome Dii'vyra. They used the mount to raid and attack other basqs, because of it's ability to track Suchur. This only spread the legend of the nightmare beast further.

[member="StarKiller831"]

For the most part this is okay, nothing overpowered or anything.

But I think there is far more to be added here in the historical section, especially considering you are using a different writer's codex submission as a planet. Please check the codex template for species and add the necessary details. If you need more information or guidance let me know.

Ok I could add a pittle more to them, I was just trying to keep it basic ikn the history side since it's a non sentient. Other than a little more history do you see anything in need of a little extra work?

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

[member="StarKiller831"]

You could potentially use how they started being used as a mount to beef this up a bit for instance. The historical information is basically an overview of how this species came to be in the status quo as it is.

If you need more assistance let me know.

[member="StarKiller831"]

That definitely looks better! I am gonna need you to add one more physical weakness that balances the strengths out a bit more. I also need you to clarify how they track things from miles away.

With all of their combined sense they have enough information to tell that. Either by how the vibrations are coming back off of the target through echolocation, how the target smells as animals like dogs can identify if they're tracking another dog or prey, or how much electromagnetic output the target gives off. For their riders though they would use mostly smell.

[member="StarKiller831"]

Considering the fact that these guys are non-sentient I feel like that might be a bit much for such a developed ability.

You could either bump it up to semi-sentient, which would make it a bit more reasonable that they would have deduction skills like that. Alternatively if you want to keep them at non-sentient, I'd like you to weaken the language a bit.

I am fine with them being able to track people, but advanced deduction like that is a bit much for non-sentient beasts.

Ok I'll change it I just figured it wasn't super advanced since it's all something a dog would be able to do with only smell. I figured having extra senses this seemed like a natural ability to distinguish between people. Like a blind dog still knows when it's being pet by it's owner or someone new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom