Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress Dihasa iw Kûts: The Book of Death

zachary-suchlicki-screenshot003.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To make a fun grimoire for my Sith Lich
  • Image Credit: Zachary Suchlicki, noxfoxarts
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: [ Provide links to any relevant threads, characters, companies, locations, etc here. Canon or otherwise. Especially obscure references, or events important to the submission.]
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: Dihasa iw Kûts, "Book of Death"
  • Format: Book
  • Distribution: Unique
  • Length: Long
  • Description: The Book of Death is Erebus Ignosi's private tome full of accumulated knowledge and personal musings on the nature of things such as the Force, life, and death.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
FORMAT INFORMATION
The Book of Death is a leather-bound tome, a codex of vellum pages. As to be expected of an ancient Sith Pureblood, the codex is written in the Kittât script.

CONTENT INFORMATION
The Book of Death is a tome detailing Erebus Ignosi's musings into the nature of life, death, and the Force, as well as his experimentation with Alchemy and Necromancy.

The Fragility of Life and the Freedom of Death
This chapter details Erebus' musings of life and its shortcomings, and the freedom that death grants.

"Life is a frail, fragile thing. Life can be a great endeavor to create, but it can be snuffed out so easily. So quietly. And when it does, all of their knowledge, their experiences, all of their potential, is gone. But death is also freeing. It is a release from want, from worry, freedom from the needs of these fragile vessels we must inhabit. I believe that it is possible to gain this freedom, while at the same time preserving the mind. Death need not be the end for those with the ambition to conquer it."

The Nature of Fools and the Force
This chapter details Erebus' introspection on the Force and those who wield it. Rather interestingly, Ignosi's views on religion and the Force would mirror those of the new Sith that arose from the Jedi Exiles, rather than those of his Kissai contemporaries.

"We should be above prostrating ourselves before the enigmatic whims of the Force, whether Light or Dark. It is not an entity to be worshipped, it is a tool to used by those with the will to. A weapon to be wielded by the cunning and the strong. We Sith are born with the gift to bend the Force to obey our whims. If we can command the power of a god, are we not gods ourselves?"
The Power of Gods
This chapter consists of Ignosi's research notes on Alchemy and Necromancy, as well as his views on these topics.

"As if further proof was needed that we are deserving of worship, simply look to Alchemy. With it, we truly wield the power of gods. With it, we can bring new life into being. How can one see this and think us anything less than gods? Nay, we are greater, for we have the power to overthrow the finality of death. What is dead need not be so forever. With the right amount of strength, great enough willpower, and the proper incantations, we can command the dead to rise, to walk. To serve. My kin may be willing to squander this potential, but I will not. Godhood is my birthright, and I will claim it."

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Book of Death, or Dihasa iw Kûts in its author's native tongue, is the personal codex of former Kissai priest and Sith Lich Erebus Ignosi. Erebus began writing the tome following his branding as a heretic by his fellow Kissai, and continued to keep utilizing it to write down his private musings, as well as notes on Sith Alchemy and Necromancy as he began to research into seeking immortality through lichdom. The codex has remained with Erebus through his regeneration, preserved and protected by his devotees in his temple beneath Exegol's surface.

tes___q_amsha_map_of_entropy_by_noxfoxarts_d4lf4vi.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom