Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digging for Adventure

Flinx and his companions were on a routine buisness run, this time their destination was the Mandalorian moon of Concord Dawn. As they set down, Flinx took his vornskyr, Thanatos, and his Maalraas, Shadow, out then motioned to the cargo bay ramp with the force. As it lowered his friend, a jakobeast named Jake, shook out his furr coat and pulled the hober cart loaded with kushiban textiles from Flinx's home base of Kushibah. Flinx carts these to a local market and haggles with a twi'lek female and soon credits are exchanged as he helps the female unload the cart. A small comfrontation ensued immedeatly after when thanatos caught a Doug trying to pickpocket Flinx but immeadiatly was put to rest when all four of the crew surround the Doug and Flinx convinced him to turn himself in. Flinx then sent jake back to the ship, and he himself went to a local cantina to lay low and look for work.

The local cantina left a lot to be desired, Saine thought, pushing some credits across a dirty counter to an obese Besalisk bartender who pawed them immediately. Everything was dirty, sticky and haggard, not to mention, the prices seemed a lot higher than on most posh clubs on Nar Shaddaa. Worse yet, the woman noted the fumes that seemed to engulf the place: thick, charcoal smoke that enveloped it almost entirely - thickest clouds of it floating above private booths which the tavern boasted plenty of - too many for the Ylesian's taste. Mental note to bring a gas mask next time, she noted grimly as the Besalisk tavern-keeper pushed a tumbler filled with a frothy amber liquid across to her. Mmm, Lomin Ale - her perennial favorite, Saine smiled inwardly. Maybe two or three of these would help her forget all the troubles she was in.

Taking a sip, she watched above the rim of her hazy tankard as another patron entered the room. Striking hair, Saine noticed - unusually long and beautiful, too. And then there was the blindfold, which made her wonder if the man was actually blind or if it was a cultural thing? Miraluka came to mind, but when was the last time she came across one so cherubic in appearance? There was an empty stool next to her now, recently vacated by a portly Gamorrean - maybe the young stranger would make her day and take a seat next to her - at least Saine could brighten her evening with a pleasant, if not altogether captivating, visual.

Flinx went to the counter and sat in the seat next to a young lady. "Corellian Twister, and the lady her a second of whatever she had." Flinx had had a good day and thought it would help to had an ally should the shady reputation of cantinas started to show through. Thanatos and Shadow layed behind his stool. He waited to see if the young lady was going to respond to his offer.

The stranger approached the vacant seat just as she had hoped? Curious. And then he ordered another Lomin Ale for her, which sent Saine's mind reeling. All of this was happening very fast, and fell exactly in line with her own line of thinking. She was about to pinch herself when another pint of Lomin Ale thundered against the counter in front of her, amber contents spilling a little and a mound of froth now covering her gloved hand. Turning to Flinx, she offered a small smile. "Thank you. That was generous of you," she nodded, noting the presence of two distinct animals behind the young man. "Are these . . . your pets?" and having asked, she reached out with her left hand, seeing if they would respond well to a stranger's light touch.

Flinx thought a second. "Your welcome, but one moment" He "stared" at the vornskyr a moment and the creature looked from his friend and companion to the lady and slowly tucked his spined tail away the maalraas moved and laid behind the two seats protectively. "You can pet Thanatos here, Shadow is just moving to protect her cubs. thats how she sees me, thanatos and the other three friends on my ship. Im an animal enthusiast in a way. they are more friends than pets." Flinx gently guided her hand with his to Thanatos's favorite scratching spot. "There, there is where he likes it best."

Saine nodded, somewhat bewildered as the man talked. "You are a beastmaster, then? I don't think I have ever come across the real thing, in all my travels. Saine Kela - good to meet you," she offered him her dominant hand while the other moved to pet Thanatos, letting him guide her to the beast's favorite scratching spot. "I love animals, but my job does not allow for keeping them. I'm always on the move you see - some would say I am addicted to motion, but in truth - the one thing I am addicted to, is time," she smiled up at him, wondering if he could sense it.

Flinx started to reach a hand out to the lady in an instinctual motion, then froze. "Sorry Im Flinx, your voice was so happy I had to check for myself." He put his hand back in his lap and took a sip from his twister. "Sorry, Ive been on the move to. mostly to keep from being conscripted into the jedi, sith or hutt service. Lately I've been working as a merchant for the Kushiban."

Flinx was his name, she noted mutely, nodding. "Well, don't let appearances fool you - I am about as happy as a chained Twi'lek performing for a Hutt. Still, my troubles are just that - my own. Things are bound to change, eventually. Gotta have faith," Saine nodded, pulling back her hand and returning to her drink. She was draining it quickly, but wasn't sure if it was due to her excessive thirst or a sudden rise in anxiety she could not explain away - or both. "What kind of things do you sell, Flinx?" she asked, by way of making conversation with a stranger who seemingly went out of his way, to be polite and generous to her.

"Well the kushiban make great fabric and textiles. Thats what I sold today. i should have another run to make in a couple of weeks. As for appearances well um as you can see im a Miraluka so appearances dont amount to much."

The confirmation of his species brought forth a subtle nod. "I see." So she was not off her mark earlier, after all. Still, his bearing hinted at being more than a simple merchant. Or maybe that was just Saine's imagination? Either way, she resolved to be patient. To every person there was always more that met the eye - she just had to give it time. "I fancy myself an explorer," she smiled while a part of her cringed bitterly. Only right now, she was an explorer without a ship, but she was loath to admit it - especially to a virtual stranger.

"Well I didnt go pick up all me companions at the local pet shop. I guess you could consider me an explorer too." Flinx blushed as her aura changed colors based on what she was feeling. He was no zeltran but living with the night sisters and the kushiban had let him hone in on peoples feelings. He could sense them, but not affect them.

"I can tell we could have alot in common. Where are you heading? Home? We could walk you home..... we live on our ship. So other than that, we have no true home."

Saine's eyes widened in disbelief, wondering just what -kind- of pet shop this was . . . but tried not to show it as that could have been misconstrued as impolite and she did not want to scare this one off. "Ah, you think so, huh? An explorer's life is not always that it is cut out to be. And I live on my ship as well - most of the time - but she has broken down and it will be a few weeks until I get her back in the condition I want her in. It's costing me an arm and a leg to get her that way, too," she mumbled that last bit under her breath, knowing that she would have to get some money in hand soon, or she would not even have enough to cover the repairs.

"Hey, you wouldn't happen to know any good, profitable digs in the nearby sectors? I would love to get my hands on some fresh artifacts; it has been weeks since I sold my last batch on Nal Hutta and to be frank, Hutts do not give the best rewards."

"Well I know Dromund Fels used to be full of digs but since Palpatine died the digs there have all but stopped." He smiled feeleing a new feeling as he flushed a deep red. "You could come with me on my ship and even if we come up empty we can still make a run by Kushibah and sell what we can of the textiles."

Saine rubbed her temple lightly as she pondered the place he mentioned and the offer that went with it. "Lots of Sith history there, on Dromund Fels," she murmured, looking away from him for a moment. His offer took Saine by surprise and immediately her inner defense walls threatened to come up, but she forced them down for the time being. "What kind of ship?" she asked casually, assuring him that she would not mind stopping by Kushibah afterwards and hang out while the Miraluka played vendor in the Gordian Reach sector.

"I see. So, do you call it 'Hand' for short?" A small grin introduced her dimples again, and Saine felt a brief rush of blood to her cheeks, thinking that she was likely blushing just now. "Anyway, I am well familiar with the YT Freighter line. Very reliable ships. Fast, too. So it's just you and your pets, hmm? You are lucky. All I've got for company lately, is droids. It would be quite the switch, to room with another 'organic' for a bit. Are you certain about it, though? I would require a little privacy - given that I'm a woman - and you're obviously a man." Was she blushing again? Probably. Definitely. Turning to the bartender, Saine ordered an ice water before returning her gaze back to Flinx.

Flinx smiled, "No I call her Mom or mother. I've lived in ships most of my life. She protects me, provides me assistance when I need it, and its just like having my mom around." Flinx sighed and pushed his drink away and ordered a caff. "As to quarters Im sure i have enough rooms for you to pick from. It woulf be good to have a co pilot that wasnt my droid bb-3" Flinx mentally slapped himself. 'of course she just said she had been around too many droids, why bring up bb-3' Flinx quickly drunk his caff nervous. "Why dont i take you to the ship and you can pick out a room to stay in?"

Flinx called his ship 'mother'? Well, that was a rather odd statement, but his explanation made sense as he went into it in some detail. "You have a very singular way of looking at things, Flinx." Offering him a reassuring smile that she did not mean anything negative by the comment, Saine nodded. "Don't get me wrong - I like it. And I would also like it very much if you just tried to relax. I only asked for the quarters because I did not want you to feel any discomfort - it was for both our benefit."

Taking a sip of her newly arrived ice water, the Ylesian nodded again before setting down a half-empty glass and sliding off her stool, waiting for him to do the same. "Sure, let's check out your ship - I don't have any other business to take care of, for the time being - I am pretty much free for the rest of the day."

[member="Flinx Kalith"]

Flinx took several quiet drep breths trying to center herself. "While your statement is intrigueing I actually feel as though I have several veiw points on any given situation, but more on that later." Flinx would stand and ofer his arm to her in a very antiquated gesture of chivalry and waited for her to take it. "Madam our chariot awaits." He inwardly laughed at his joke.

[member="Saine Kela"]

Saine did not question Flinx and merely nodded in agreement. Her face widened into a smile of pleasure as she took up the man's arm and wound her own around it. "Well now," she joked with a little glint of mischief in her eyes, "Don't let Mother hear you call her a chariot or she may just take that personally." Her free hand gestured to the exit, waiting for him to usher her in the direction of his vessel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom