Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did You Not Enjoy Paralysis?

Soliael simply stood and waited for a time, allowing Anaya to speak freely. He smiled slightly when she spoke of her sentimentality, something that his father had never had. It was something however that Soliael shared with her. He unlike Moridin was capable of love, capable of feeling things. He was ruthless of course, and wouldn't hesitate to kill those that betrayed him or wronger him, but he had a heart.

The Sith Lord simply nodded at Anaya when she turned about and began to walk from him. He was about to reply when the last Dragon escaped from the dunes. It roared and bounded forward, snapping at Anaya as she pounced upon it.

Before Soliael could even act however the massive creature lay dead on the ground. The Flase god shielded his eyes for a second as a wall of sand was thrown in his face from the creature hitting the ground. He stared at the corpse for a while, his ears barely ringing as Anaya spoke once more. Slowly he wandered over to the Dragons gullet, the harsh winds tearing at his skin.

He stopped walking when he reached the dragons stomach, and with a quick jab and pressed his hand into the creatures skin. With the sharp edge of his gauntlet and some trick in the force Soliael sliced into the Krayt, reaching into its stomach and pulling out six slime covered pearls. He tore off a part of his tunic and wrapped each of the pearls separately, placing two of them in a pouch on his waist and keeping the other four in hand.

With these he walked over to Anaya, holding them out to her. “I am not my father Anaya. I will not trick or exploit you. I will not use you, and I will not betray you. My nature is to trust. I never wanted to harm you, but I could not take the chance you would harm me. I was weak, and you were a predator i did not want to fight.”

His words implied that he had only paralyzed her for fear of her own betrayal. He frowned slightly, and somehow the expression on his face showed the truth of his words.

Nisha Decrilla

N
For a moment, Anaya didn't move from her perch atop the dragons head, she stared down at Soliael and his offer of pearls. Where is was in his nature to trust, it was in Anaya's to mistrust. When you spent half your lifetime driving blades into peoples backs and whispering about their secrets to others you found yourself watching you own so much more closely. There was only one person in the galaxy that Anaya could say she trusted. He was dead in the force and more able than most to sneak up on her without her realizing. So why was it, when she looked down at Soliael, that she found herself struggling with the concept of trusting Moridin's son.

Slowly, she slid from the beasts head and let her barriers down for the briefest of moments, her fear of such a gesture evident on her face for a heartbeat. As quick as it was there it was gone, her barriers were back up and she took the pearls gently from his hand. "My reputation precedes me, an unfortunate side effect of a past life." she looked down at the pearls rolling them slowly in her palm. "There comes a point, when treachery no longer serves to better your position." she tucked the pearls away. "For the record, I'm still a predator that you don't want to fight and it is not in my nature to trust." She smiled at him nonetheless, before gesturing towards the caves.

"Shall we?"

Soliael smiled at her and then simply began to walk through the sands. It seemed that they had made amends, though truthfully he was still weary of her even now. Still, he decided to trust. If she betrayed him she would pay the cost. With a slight smirk Soliael walked by her, confidence growing on his face. His hand slipped slightly to the right of him as he walked by her, lightly groping her bottom as he did so right before sprinting off into the caves below with a childish gait.
As soon as they entered the cave Soliael could feel the power radiating from the vault.

The stink of it was almost oppressive, the aura of death and decay raching into the walls and the sand beneath. Black etchings rolled around the cavern itself, Bantha skulls and other animal carcasses littering the place. Clearly this had been the home of the Krayt Dragons. He frowned slightly as he moved deeper, eventually meeting a solid wall of rock, slowly he looked over to Anaya, as if expecting her to do something.

The Sith reached forward, touching the bare wall.

Suddenly a surge of energy rushed through the wall. Red and blue runes began to appear upon it. They twisted and danced about, shifting and changing until finally they gave off a soft glow, its hue akin to that of Anaya's skin.

A burst of energy rolled forward and out of instinct Soliael grabbed Anaya and pounced back, retreating from the wall.

Almost instantaneously a figure began to form, the red and blue hue peeling from the wall and shifting into a silhouetted shape. It came together quickly, taking the shape of a man, of a Sith, Moridin.

The hologram seemed to flicker in and out of reality for a few seconds, shimmering slightly. Slowly it regarded Anaya, completely ignoring Soliael.

“Apprentice.” Its speech was broken and mechanical, but dreadfully familiar. “I had wondered when you would come. Truthfully though I had expected Kaine first.”

Slowly the holograms gaze drifted to Soliael. “Who is this whelp you have brought with you? A new lover perhaps?”

The ghost chuckled slightly, then looked at the twi'lek, a twinkle in its eye.

Nisha Decrilla

N
The dark power had Anaya chuckling like a mad woman, her lekku flicking with excitement. She had stepped forward when the energy began to dance around. It was so like Moridin to put on a show before her appeared, Soliael snatched her back as the wave of energy rolled out and Anaya laughed, wriggling free of Sol's grip as the figure came to life. "Jumpy aren't we?" she mocked lightly.

She moved forward, her expression softening somewhat as she regarded the hologram. "Master," she said softly before clicking her tongue in annoyance at his mention of Kaine "He has his hands full playing Emperor," she tilted her head "His ambition always was pointing in the wrong direction. What either of us saw in him I have yet to understand." She glanced over her shoulder at Soliael unsure of how to answer the question. It was not her place to tell the hologram who Soliael was. If Moridin could not see himself in that face then he was blind beyond belief.

"Perhaps," she answered finally turning back to the hologram "that has yet to be seen. To you though Master, he is so much more." She smirked "Are you going to open the door, or are you going to make us work for it?"

Soliael gave a smirk to Anaya for a few seconds, better to be cautious then dead. Suddenly his father appeared before him, the holograms dead eyes gazing at him just a moment before addressing the red Twi'lek. He frowned slightly as he listened to the sound of his fathers voice, this being the first time he heard it. The low electronic crackling within it seemed to disturb the Sith for a split second, though he did not show it outwardly.

He stood there quietly, letting Anaya banter with the hologram for a second, until it finally turned its attention to Soliael.

“Important to me?”

The Hologram ignored Anaya's question regarding entrance.

“I can't say i've ever met this whelp.”

The hologram of course was an artificial construct of Moridin's own doing. It held all of his memories and thoughts and had the ability to reason up to a point. While it was highly advanced, it was still only a droid. Soliael knew this, so he decided to prompt this machine.

“No, but I am your son.” The holograms face shifted slightly in disbelief and anger and such a claim, though before it could say anything else Soliael kept going. “And Desdemona's.”

The Hologram now took on a look of utter disbelief, though it seemed to believe him. Not many people alive in this galaxy new of Soliaels mother, and even less knew her real name. Moridin had been one of maybe a dozen or so to actually speak to her within the last century, The hologram having Moridins memories knew this.

“How?”

It questioned Soliael, and he frowned slightly. “During the plague. She kept me hidden from you. They both did.”

He declined to mention who the other person what that he referred to, though the hologram inferred who it was. The construct seemed to bristle slightly, insulted by this news and obviously taken aback by receiving it. The hologram knew that it was only a ghost of a memory of Moridin, yet it seemed to just as displeased as the real one would have been. Slowly it turned to regard Anaya.

“Is he worthy of my legacy? Is he even a Sith?”

The hologram of course could not sense the force, it couldn't tell Soliaels alignment or intentions. It knew nothing. The construct seemed to be conflicted. It had no trouble opening the doors for Moridins apprentice...but his apparent son?

Nisha Decrilla

N
For the first time in a long time, Anaya was glad Moridin was dead. She had seen that look of displeasure in his eyes and almost flinched as the hologram turned the look on Anaya looking for her opinion. "Of course he's a sith," she retorted rolling her eyes "He would not be in my company if he wasn't. As for your legacy..."

She regarded Soliael, her face serious. Gone was the mocking smirk that rarely left her features, gone was the predatory glint in her eyes. "He is more worthy than I ever was." She looked back at the hologram so that the program that imitated her old Master so well could see that Anaya was being honest. "He will far surpass you, Master."

The hologram seemed to be pleased, and a smile crossed its face. The real Moridin had never known about Soliael, never known about his true heir. He had left everything to his apprentices, to Anaya, to Sable, to Val'ryss and even Spencer. He had taught them most of what he had known, though he had always kept back. A son was something great to have.

“Then you may pass this first gate.”

The hologram spoke and the walls seemed to begin to shake. The Hologram began to shift and fade away as the rocks began to rumble, and a slight frown crossed Soliaels face as he heard the word 'first'. That would imply that there were other gates, each one likely with a test. Moridin could never just stop at making things difficult, they had to become more and more complicated.

The Rock wall finally parted completely and the hologram disappeared.

Behind the gate stood a massive cavern with a canyon ingrained in the rock, a single solitary bridge flying over it and to the other side. Opposite where Anaya and Soliael stood was a single pedestal, upon it was a necklace made of the teeth of some kind of predator, Anaya would have recognized it as the necklace worn by the late Dreadlord.

The false god frowned slightly, looking to his female counterpart. “I have a feeling its not as simple as just walking across.”

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya smirked. "Of course it isn't. This is your father we're talking about, nothing is ever simple." Her eyes were on the necklace. She knew Moridin well enough to know that the necklace would have been alchemised and she was going to have that necklace. Her hand moved to her throat where she still wore the old charm he'd given her out of habit. "By the Force, I miss that man." she muttered.

there was only one way that they were going to find out what was in store for them and that was by getting on to the bridge. Senses alert and tingling Anaya moved ahead, stepping gingerly onto the bridge ans stopping once she was there she paused, as if waiting for something to happen, when nothing did, she took three more steps...

As Anaya stepped upon the bridge a loud screech wailed out From beneath the cavern. Soliael's eyes opened wide and instinctively he let out a pulse of the force. The wave rushed across the ground, flying into the abyss below the bridge and striking something. As soon as the wave rebounded and found its way back to Soliael his look of surprise turned into one of utter shock.

A massive set of tentacles rose from the deep, large enough to grasp onto a starship and tear it into bits. With one mighty swing the tentacles reached for Anaya, curling and sweeping towards her.

“Sarlaac!” Soliael called out to the red Twi'lek in haste as he began to rush forward.

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya froze as the screech ripped through the air around her. She turned to look back at Soliael whose own face refelected her surprise and then shift to shock. Movement made Anaya look back around as the tentacles swept towards her. How had Moridin gotten the beast there? Or had the beast already been there? Questions that should not have been going through her mind when death was on the table.
Lightsabers came to life and Anaya leapt over the first that reached her, propelling herself further and higher with the force, somersaulting her feet landed on another tentacle. A downwards sweep with her saber and another leap landed back on the bridge. Another screech came from the sarlaac. She chanced a look back to see where Soliael was, a foolish mistake. Another tentacle swept her legs out from under her, she hit the bridge hard and slid from its edge. One lightsaber remained on the bridge the other disappeared into the darkness below.

She clung to the bridges edge, fury and fear pulsing through her as she tried to pull herself back up.

Soliael moved as fast as he could. He became a blur as he bounded across the bridge, mimicking his father's old tactics. A few times one of the tentacles snapped at him, curling and then lurching forward in an attempt to grasp him. In response the Sith raised his palm, letting out a massive burst of lightning. Each time the Sarlaac tentacle found itself retreating, the sting of the lightning proving too much to bare.

Quickly Soliael reached Anaya, grasping onto her risk and giving himself a firm grip on her. Then he used the massive amount of momentum he had built up to swing and toss her over the ravine. Then he came to a sliding stop, all of his force having gone into throwing the woman.

He frowned slightly as one of the massive tentacles lurched for him from above. The pulse wave that constantly radiated off of him catching it only a second before it crashed into him.

The False god shifted to the right, dodging the tentacle and allowing it to pass him by. Instead it slammed into the rock bridge with a loud crash, cracking and breaking it.

Soliael let out a loud curse as pieces of the bridge began to fall into the cavern below. The Sarlaac screeched as falling boulders began to strike it, causing Soliael to smirk slightly. Quickly however he rushed back into the action, beginning to sprint across the bridge as it fell into pieces.

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya hit the other side of the cavern hard and rolled several feet across the platform before she could come to her feet. She hadn't seen him coming, he had just been there. Her body ached and she was now without sabers but she had not time to asses the damage at hand. Her eyes fell to the necklace and for a moment, she paused. She could just take it, leave Soliael to his own devices and continue without him. A screech from behind her pulled her eyes away watching the bridge begin to crumble.

This was Moridin's son. To leave him was to betray the legacy she that had made her who she was today.

She moved to the foot of the bridge and reached out with one hand coiling the force about the bridge, supporting the crumbling structure. "Faster!" she screamed at Soliael as more tentacles rose to snatch him as prey. Small bursts of lightning shot from her finger tips doing what she could to keep them off his back.

Soliael rushed across the bridge as fast as he could. His movements became a near blur as he bounded from broken section to broken section, only kept aloft by the efforts of Anaya. Each time he moved the tentacles reached for him, each time lightning struck them in turn and warded them off. The Pulse that came off of him every so often seemed to scare away the tentacles as well, weary of being struck by such strength in the darkside.

Finally, Soliael reached the edge of the cavern and bounded off the last piece of the bridge.

He landed on his feet with a loud thud, resonating slightly within the cavern. Immediately the Sith lord turned around, power flowing from him. The Darkside ravaged him, and ravaged the ground around him. The sand beneath his feet turned black, the air around him became crisp and cold, and his eyes seemed to shudder with intensity.

Soliael raised his palms, stretching out his arms as though they were wings. Massive sparks of Red Lightning erupted from his hands, biting and bursting at the ceiling above the Sarlacc.

The lightning bit and licked at stalagmites, chopping at their roots and severing them from the ceiling. Dozens of massive boulders began to wall into the crevice, thousands of tons of stone fell onto the Sarlacc, burying it within the blackness in almost an instant. Loud ethereal screeches tore through the massive hall, enough to burst eardrums.

Once the lightning ceased, Soliael fell to his knee's, almost entirely drained.

Nisha Decrilla

N
Dust rose in great clouds as the stalagmites dropped from the ceiling. Anaya brought her hands up and clamped them over her ears against the screaming, squeezing her eyes shut she waited for the cave to be still again. The silence that followed was punctuated only by their labored breathing. She dropped her arms and opened her eyes to see Soliael. For a moment she did nothing, she merely stared at him trying to understand what it was that she was expected to do. What did society expect of her in this situation?

She moved towards him, pausing at his back she slid a hand onto his shoulder and crouched behind him, her forehead coming to rest at the top of his back. Saying 'thank you for saving my life' were not words that came easily to Anaya, simply because no one ever saved her life unless she was in their service. She'd made a vow to serve no one, yet Sol had saved her. She could do nothing to help him, nothing to return the favour. "Sol," she said softly "You have to get up. Moridin is not done with us yet." She gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze and rose, turning her attention to the pedestal that bore Moridin's necklace.

Stepping towards it, she reached out to touch it.

Soliael sat there for a time, simply drawing in what energy he could. Using Force Storm was never simple, and it always required far too much energy to really make it useful. He had had no other way to kill the Sarlacc however, and the creature needed to die, for they would have to return this way. He let out a slight sigh, silent enough that even Anaya could not hear it.

After another minute or two he finally drew himself up to his feet. The Sith rose to stand again and looked over towards Anaya as she touched the Necklace.

The Necklace, was something special that Moridin had made long ago. Its design was rather simple, 12 canine like teeth, either taken from a Tuk'ata or some other hound like beast were arranged around what appeared to be a leather cord. Each tooth was sharp as could be even after decades of wear and tear. What made the piece of jewelry so special however, was what it held. Along with holding a massive amount of the darkside of the Force, much like battery the Necklace also functioned as a sort of...memory keeper.

It was not a holocron, but rather more of a photoalbum. Through minute pressures of the force one could trigger the necklace to reveal force projected images into the air. The images stored on this necklace were wide and varying. There were ones of Anara and Moridin together before his ascension to Sith Master. There was ones of Moridin training as a Jedi, of his betrayal of the Jedi Order when he opened the gates of Coruscant's temple. Hundreds of images were stored within the necklace.

The Necklace was had been a reminder, a reminder of what the Dreadlord had lost, what he had done, and what the past meant to him. It had also been a show of his failure as a Sith, for even though he was a monster, a part of him still cared.

When Anaya reached out and touched the bone and leather the Necklace instantly reacted to her nuances in the force. It pushed and prodded, and suddenly a life size image appeared behind the pedestal. The image was of Moridin, standing tall and confident in a familiar chamber on Byss, opposite stood Anaya, young and brash.

It would be a familiar picture to her, one of their first sparring sessions.

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya took a surprised step back as the image appeared behind the pedestal, heart hammering in her chest. Like a cat that was unsure of what had startled it, she circled the image slowly, before circling herself. She had been so perfect then. Her skin without the imperfections of many battles, marred only by the tatoos that had marked her a slave. As she came to a stop in front of herself, she saw the wound on her own cheek, no more than a week old. Fingers reached up to her own cheek where she could feel the faint scar. One of Moridin's first gifts to her. Young eyes were wild and untamed, like a predator that hadn't learnt the art of patience.

She felt a lump rise in her throat, her chest becoming tight as she turned slowly to face her old Master. That all to familiar smirk looked back at her, beckoning her forward for an attack. Anaya closed her eyes, loosing herself in her own memory, she remembered each move, each word spoken to encourage or dissuade her and it occurred to her that she had not grieved at all for Moridin. He had died, and that was that, she had known it was coming but she had not given it second thought when he had gone. Eyes opened, glistening with tears she refused to let fall. Anaya Fen did not cry in front of anyone.

"It doesn't make any sense." she spoke, her voice barely audible "He didn't care, not about me, not about anyone. We were all just pieces in his stupid game." She turned wild eyes on Soliael, looking for something, perhaps an answer. Maybe she expected Soliael to open his mouth and hear Moridin's voice to come out of it. Hands opened and closed repeatedly, her agitation rising. She looked back at Moridin. "What game are we playing Moridin?"

Soliael stood for a second, watching Anaya with some curiosity in his eyes. Of course he couldn't actually see her, but the combination of the pulses of the darkside and his own senses in the force allowed him to “see” the minute details on her face, the tears streaming down it, and the complex twisted emotions that Moridin had now wrought within her. For a few moments Soliael said nothing. His father from all accounts had never been anything but selfish, though His Mother had told him that a part of him still cared, even if it had always been a small part.

“He was a Jedi once.” Soliael said with a listless voice. “The mother of my siblings told me of it. Nearly five centuries ago, before the plague was even a concern. He grew up a Jedi. According to her, he had been kind, compassionate. Of course it became twisted when he was a Sith. Most say that when you become a Sith you lose your emotions, others say they are simply enhanced. With Moridin...i would guess it was the latter. His anger and hatred of the world became more powerful, but the compassion he had...”

That went without saying, Moridin had been a cruel Sith Lord. “My mother told me a part of him always cared. Sure he would do anything to meet his own ends. Kill, lie, cheat, use people. But a part of him....it remained human.”

To Soliael the necklace was a good example of that. Moridin at his worst had still cared about a certain few people, at least in the back of his mind. The Dreadlord had been flawed beyond all belief, but he had never really lost his humanity entirely, a flaw when one became a Sith, a weakness.

“Perhaps it was just remnants of his time as a Jedi, as his time as a compassionate man. Or perhaps he truly cared.” Soliael shrugged, not having known his father he did not really know. All he knew was the words his mother and others had told him.

Though if Anaya looked back hard enough. If she recalled all the memories with her old master, she would realize that a sliver of him had always cared for her, had always watched out for her in some way. She may have been a pawn on Moridins game, but she had been a pawn he liked.

Nisha Decrilla

N
Soliael's answer did not help, but what did she expect from someone who had never known Moridin. She drew in a deep breath, hands moving to wipe away her tears, very aware of Sol watching her. A ripple of anger rose to bury whatever it was she was feeling now. She remembered Concord Dawn, when Moridin had killed Teferi a ship had fired upon him. Anaya had moved to prevent the blast from hitting him, wiping herself out of the battle. Moridin had carried her, he had healed her. Why?

She moved suddenly, away from the image and back towards the necklace, snatching it from its display. The still sharp teeth cut into her palm but she made no noise of complaint. Pain was a good outlet for the tightness in her chest. She dove deep into the chasm of her own mind and buried her emotions. She needed to contemplate this alone, she did not ask Soliael if she could have the necklace and she gave him a look that dared him to challenge her having it.

Soliael didn't ask for the necklace, he didn't want it.

The son of the Dreadlord wanted no memories of Moridin, he wanted nothing more than he already had. Slowly the Sith wandered behind Anaya, not saying anything about her tears of the emotional state that his father had obviously put her in. Instead he simply observed her, wondering if she truly though Moridin had cared for her. Honestly he probably had, but it would be a difficult thing to believe, especially given his fathers reputation.

A few times Soliael blinked. “I wonder what other images it holds.”

Soliael meant it as an off-hand remark, but he was rather curious. He highly doubted that the necklace only carried that one image. There would be a plethora of stills in there and he couldn't help but think what they might contain.

Nisha Decrilla

N
Anaya bristled as Soliael moved behind her, her mistrusting nature baring its teeth at him. She turned slightly so as to keep him in her peripherals, red eyes glowering at him as if all of it was his fault. Opening her hand slowly she looked down at the necklace in her hand, three of its teeth stained with her blood. She was as curious as Soliael as to what other images it held, but she was also very afraid of what she might see. For every action, there was a reaction and Soliael was in danger if the action did more to pull at Anaya's heart.

She'd wanted to poke and prod in the safety of her own home. Where only the walls could see what she truly felt. Something in her could not wait, urged on by Sol's off hand comment. She had felt the necklace reach for her before the first image had risen. Taking a deep breath she reached out to it, to see if she could change the image or make it go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom