Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the fish take the bait? [GR dom for Manaan]

Objective D: Exploration of ruins at the Hrakert Rift
Allies: What's the next step towards being meta about saying nobody?
Enemies:
Post 4/20

Ben did not enjoy swimming, and it wasn't just because he had always preferred strength training to cardio. Even from behind a protective visor and a breathing device, which took away two of the major handicaps of a human being submerged in water, he felt out of control in his own body. As if at any moment he could be carried away by some current, unable to hold himself in place. Beyond that, there was a strange silence under the water, Ben's ears plugged with his in-helmet comlink. It was not a mystery that Ben relied heavily on his own senses, having trust issues with his peers' preferred source of space magic. It wasn't that Ben actively distrusted the Force, simply that he more easily trusted himself.

Not much to Ben's surprise, the underwater structure was pretty unexciting, as far as Ben could tell. The young Jedi swam through the flooded hallways of the metal structure, while Kono droned instructions reminding Ben to move slowly, not to leave any room unentered.

"We must be meticulous, for cartographical purposes!"

CARTOGRAPHICAL PURPOSES!

He had not signed up for this.

As Ben slowly made his way through every inch of the building, his map-making scanner sending a pulse with a soft beep every so often, his fixation on the possibility of intrigue faded. Perhaps this mission was exactly what it purported to be: a slow crawl through an empty fish tank for the cartographical purposes of an overly-excitable Selkath scientist. The thought re-emerged that Corvus may have simply wanted him to learn what it meant to serve the Republic without a saber.

Well, if he learned anything, it's that that was awfully boring.

Or at least, that's what he was thinking when he heard a loud creaking somewhere in front of him. Visibility in this water was unusually high, but Ben still could not see anything. "Kono, come in. I hear something up ahead. You have the map so far in front of you. What am I swimming into?"

"The facility is a large ring. You've made it almost all the way around, so you're coming up on the entry point," he chuckled, "which will also be your exit point as soon as you get there."

And all at once, it came to him again: suspicion. Something was going on here; there was no way that Ben had simply been hearing things. He was beginning to fatigue after the long swim, but he pulled on the Force for strength to hasten back to the submarine. Something told him Doctor Kono was in trouble.

Objective E
Post 11/20
Dev #7

"Roger that Lieutenant, Schedule running on time. First round test heavy repeating rifles" Weiss replied and then switched to the boats internal com system.

"Alright, we wil be passing the volcano in T minus 3 minutes! Secure gear, strap yourself in and prepare anti firing meassures."

The crews went to work with military discipline. The boats never droped speed as the shield systems went online. The boats would be seen from the distant horizon on the weapon testing platform. But in an alarming speed they closed in in a speed unparallelled by water crafts.

The moment they would be in firing range was short.

[member="Jaccer Ramirez"]

Vulpesen gave [member="Mantic Dorn"] a small smile, his tail flicking behind him. "Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso." It had been so long since he had so openly revealed himself to a jedi, so long in fact, he wasn't completely sure if the name would mean anything. If i did though, he would expect more than a few question as to his whereabouts over the years. "As for out of the ordinary, theres more than a little of that to be found in our crazy galaxy."

Objective E: Aid [member="Weiss"] with development thread
Boat Dev Post #8

With the boats rapidly approaching the platform, the soldiers would aim in on the targeted area. As they got closer, within 300 metres of the platform their sights would switch the boat itself, tracing it as it neared. A lot of pressure was on these men, sure there wouldn't be any official punishments if they missed, but it was likely that the they would be in for a world of embarrassment and mock from the other soldiers.

"Prepare to fire." Jaccer would shout as the boats came within 50 metres of the target area, all the safety switches on the repeating rifles would flick off. The next command would come as they entered the area, "Fire!" The weapons would unload onto their targets. All Jaccer could do was hope that the shields were as effective as his Xythan shields, if not, he and the commander would have a lot of explaining to do about a destroyed prototype boat and a dead crew.

Mantics eyes narrowed as he searched his memory. Then it came to him and his features changed to a happy one.

" [member="Vulpesen"] - the promising young knight that went missing!" he began.

"I remember you from the academy and... "

BLAM!

Blood from Mantics abdomen splattered across [member="Vulpesen"] as the jedi's face anew shifted. But this time into a mix of surprise and horror. [member="Sareen Zar"] s shot had found its intended target and Mantic dropped to his knees, hands desperately trying to collect what blood and tissue they could and press it back into the hole in his belly.

The grotesque scene only lasted for a short few seconds before he collapsed on the street.

Vulpesen's eyes widened and he quickly grabbed onto Mantric, easing him down. "Damn it!" One conversation. Was that too much to ask? He placed his hands over the wounds, exerting the force to heal specific parts. He wasn't sure how much he could do, but if he could heal the vital organs, then perhaps the rest could be handled by other things. "If you can, enter a trance!" He continued to heal what he could, and would soon start focusing on the smaller wounds on his innards. Deciding that the assailant would still be close by, he focused on one of the talismans in his coat, causing a spectral kath hound to leap forward to search out the enemy.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Sareen grinned as his target fell to his knees, but only for a split second, for Sareen had to pick up the jedi to sell to the One Sith. Sareen sprinted as fast as he could form the side of the tower into his ship, throwing aside the rifle in one of the cargo containers. He launched the ship, uncloaking it, and descended to the street, stepping out onto the open cargo bay as the landing gear hit ground. In one hand he had a medkit, the other, a D-17 blaster.

Sareen looked at the force user healing the fallen Jedi with his magical powers, and decided to bargain his way for his bounty, "Hello Jedi, or whatever you are. I sssee your are trying to heal your fallen friend here, a [member="Mantic Dorn"] wasssn't? Well he isss my bounty and I ressspectively asssk you to back away asss I take him to my employersss. If you don't, well your friend will die, because it is I who has the medkit, and even I know the magic can only do so much. Even if you think your magic powers are enough to save him, do you think they will be enough to save him from a blaster bolt." Sareen waved his D-17 at [member="Vulpesen"],

"And when you deflect it, and a small duel breaks out between us, will you be able to heal the Jedi while in the thick of action, no, and he will die. So, it is your choice, fight me here and let him die, or give him to me where I can heal him, or at least enough until I get him to a better healing facility, and you might even see him again."

Now was his defining moment, if the force user dueled Sareen, not only would he most likely lose his bounty, but so would Mantic Dorn lose his life. And if Vulpesen handed the Jedi over, Sareen had to escape the system as fast as he could, for fear of Vulpesen or any Republic forces following him and for the sake of Mantic Dorn.

Boat dev post #9

The boats went straight ahead, in tremendeous speed they actually caused the attackers to miss more frequently then usual. While that in itself was reassuring what happened next was the activation of the actual shield generators.

From the inside all that could be heard were the muffled sounds of blaster fire being deflected in unison with the constant bumping sounds the waves have away as the boat sped forward.

It lasted only for a brief second then it was over and the boats was quickly dissapearing from eyesight.

"Alright Lieutenant, we are still alive. Turning around the boats for testing versus anti craft missile." Weiss shouted in the com to [member="Jaccer Ramirez"]

"Turn around and prepare to deploy anti-missile protection!" he then continued to order the crew on the boats.

Objective E: Aid Weisshttp://starwarsrp.net/user/8087-weiss/ with development thread
Boat Dev Post #10

"Glad to hear that Commander. Switching units to shoulder mounted missile launchers." The soldier who had previously been firing their repeating rifles now picked up standard issue anti-vehicular missile launcher provided to the majority of squads within the Republic. These launchers, and the missiles which would be fired were remarkably similar to those used by the One Sith and other hostile forces across the Galaxy.

"All we all ready?" Jaccer would ask his men, each replying with a "Yes sir!" Now that the weaponry was ready, the next test could begin.

After getting word that the boats were back en route to their target area by the platform, the Lieutenant would issue his next order. "Weapons ready!" The soldiers would readjust their positions to ensure that they were prepared for the much greater recoil of the launchers. It wouldn't take long for the boats to once again reach the target area. "Fire!" The missiles would be propelled from the launchers at great speeds. Aided by the targeting systems, none of the missiles would miss their intended targets like the rifles in the test before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom