Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devastator Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
010.jpg

Image Source: https://peterchen3d.wordpress.com/2010/04/02/sci-fi-plasma-cannon/

Intent: Give the Mothership of the Diversity Alliance its main weapon

Development Thread: Everything needs a hostile force

Manufacturer: Paragon Spheres

Model: Devastator-class

Affiliation: Diversity Alliance

Modularity: No

Production: Unique

Material: Duranium

Classification: Cannon

Size: Ship-mounted

Length: 200m

Weight: 100,000 tons

Ammunition Type: Ship Power

Ammunition Capacity: 1

Effective Range: Orbital

Rate of Fire: Two(2) posts to charge, one(1) post to fire. Three(3) in total

Special Features:

Description: The Devastator cannon is created and designed to be the only weapon and main weapon of the Diversity Alliances Mothership, serving only one single purpose. The cannon itself is based on Particle Cannons, except modified to be far less penetrative, and give it more impact range. It was designed to level cities that did not use, or did not hopefully use, armored construction materials, with a wide ranged spread of the affected area. The range of the cannon, upon impact, could spread up to 120km in diameter, or 60km in radius. The weapon is the equivalent of 150 capital guns

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Xrawylz said:
The range of the cannon, upon impact, could spread up to 120km in diameter, or 60km in radius.
I realize that you and your fellow faction members have put in some work to get this, but with this type of spread damage aimed at a planetary surface, this is probably going to be considered a superweapon.

Is there any other beam weapon concepts you might want to explore as alternatives?

For example, perhaps something with a very precise beam for surgical, penetrating damage? Or something that has a bit more range than most comparable weapons?

Can we scale down the blast radius to about 5-20 kilometers?
[member="Gir Quee"]

Edit: I have been informed that we have discussed this with valiens nantaris
here is what i was told

This was spoken over with [member="Valiens Nantaris"] , who knows the extent of the weapon and its power. It is focused on spread, rather than penetration, therefore it can not take out ships as easily as one would think. The weapon is designed to be more powerful against unarmored structures. If it were to even attempt to ever fire at ships, it would overload engines and capacitors and die. This is pretty much indifferent from broadside turbolaser bombardment on a planet. The different is one shot. The range could be taken down, the spread range, sure. Although, it wouldn't be different from 100-300 turbolasers. Which we more than likely could fit on the Mothership. We just want something flashy for show.

[member="Xrawylz"] [member="Gir Quee"]

To make this perfectly clear, I was asked for advice, which I gave. My advice though is not binding, and the word of the Factory Judge always takes precedence. What I have said was my opinion only, and cannot be taken or interpreted as official.

With this in mind I'll vanish from this thread...and seriously consider never giving advice to anyone ever again....

Xrawylz said:
Can we scale down the blast radius to about 5-20 kilometers?
[member="Gir Quee"]
This is denied on concept.

Large-scale area of effect weapons of this nature as a concept run afoul of the superweapon clause.

If you think that there is an inkling that someone might misinterpret or complain that this is a superweapon, it's time to revisit the core concept of the weapon.

While this is denied, you can use your second chance option to revisit this submission in the future to mold it into something else. I'd think long and hard about ways to make this into something that clearly can't be construed a superweapon. I've given you some ideas above as alternative concepts, but they aren't all encompassing of what this could be.

[member="Cira"] | [member="Raziel"] | [member=Spencer Varanin"]

Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Varanin"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Varanin for review.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom