Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desperados, Revolvers and Fangs

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Kariss Jerriko"]

Was humming the melody of Lithium by Nervano, good song, when I realized I really needed a drink. Had been a tough day and I hadn’t even finished my first drink, had been too distracted with the girl sitting close to me and being a nuisance. She was probably asleep now though, so I could safely get myself a few drinks and then head to bed myself.

That had been the plan, until I walked in on the strangest scene I had ever walked into. Probably. Girl, straddling guy… a dead guy, with shades that were far too large for her and she was in the progress of shaking him down, took me a few moments before I stopped blinking and could say something.

Fething woman. Knew she was a problem.

‘...am I interrupting something?’

Wasn’t really all that bothered by the body, seen lot of ‘em in my time, it was more a question of how the hell she managed to put him down. I really gotta stop singing during my showers, didn’t even hear a thing.

Hm? Oh. It was him.

Craning her neck around to look over her shoulder with a smile, Kariss grinned from behind her brand new glasses and tried to savor her moment of joy a bit more quietly to allow her to actually interact. "Mmmno. Just the afterglow. You missed the main event." Body hadn't gone cold yet. She had no reason to move. She'd worry about the corpse later. "I'm surprised you didn't hear, though. He wasn't exactly quiet."

The feeding had helped speed up her torso healing. Unfortunately, soup didn't mend clothing damage, so she was still working with a little less top than before. Blast it all, she'd like this shirt...and her jacket, now that she came to think of it. Dammitall. Oh well. Other things to worry about at the moment. Allowing her sunglasses to slip down her nose a bit, the young Anzat looked over the lenses with one finger ready to push them back up The classic pose of librarians everywhere. "I don't suppose you have a spare crate large enough to stuff this dead weight into? He's got an appointment with his boss and I'd hate for him to miss it."
[member="Khaleel Malvern"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

Stepped a bit closer to get a good look. Bloody nose, didn't pay attention to that, expression of fear and agony? Definitely paid attention to it, whatever had killed him had caused major pain and fear. Took it all in strides though, spend another moment studying the dimensions before shrugging slightly.

'Might have something in the basement.' I leaned against the table and studied the peculiar girl. Tried not to stare at the topside of her body, succeeded if barely. 'What done him?'

Security footage would tell me all I needed, but I wanted to hear it from her. Would make things like trust and all that much easier in the long run.

Hm. How to phrase it so as not to give away the truly amusing surprise of someone finding out for themselves that they'd been stalked by a hunter from the deepest recesses of space for an entire night. She wouldn't want to spoil the dawning realization that her intended prey had probably been him, or how narrowly he had escaped death expressly because she chose not to attack him. It was important to make an impression, after all.

A few moments of contemplation gave her her answer. With the most charming yet irritating sneer she could manage, Kariss ran one finger along the dead man's cheek, then pushed it to one side like so much garbage. "He found a bigger fish." Delightfully vague and imperceptibly sinister. The perfect response.

Un-straddling the corpse of her latest meal, Kariss sat down in the booth beside him, resting her elbows on the table and her chin on her palms. Her host seemed to be the most interesting thing, judging by where her attention was directed.
[member="Khaleel Malvern"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

All her attention suddenly shifted from the corpse to my own persona, sides barely touched as she leaned against the table next to me. Didn’t feel uncomfortable strangely enough, maybe just a little bit annoyed as she played the mysterious and vague card with me- why do people do that? Why do they have that strange tendency to make things all that more shadowy? It doesn’t make em seem more tough, ‘least not in my eyes. Of course, had I known what she was really hiding, I would have been more acceptive of this particular treatment.

As it stood I simply gave a grunt of acceptance, like it or not, I wasn’t the guy who pressured people into telling me shet they had no interest in sharing. Wasn’t my way, never had been, instead I simply studied the corpse again, feeling her eyes almost burning a hole in my skin, finally I sighed.

‘Is there something wrong?’ neutral question, I still wasn’t all too uncomfortable with her standing so close to me. Not sure why. Burned top, burned jacket, should have made me feel more… awkward about the whole ordeal, didn’t do. Felt just a little bit tired as I grabbed a bottle over the counter and poured myself another drink, my original one forgotten on the same table by the window.

Needed something less strong anyway, something that accuented but didn’t exactly hit me in the face like a trainwreck. Yeah… that would do just fine. Took a shot, felt the alcohol pour into my throat and shivered just slightly. That was the real stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom