Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Desolation of Zakuul (Mark IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kl3mkAS.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a suit of armor for the newly revealed Darth Voph, and reminiscent of the armor he wore in the days of the Old Republic
  • Image Source: X
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Force User
  • Weight: Extreme
  • Resistances
  • Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High
  • Kinetic: Very High
  • Lightsabers: Very High
  • The Force: Very High
  • Sonic: Low
  • EMP/ION: Average
  • Elemental: Low
  • Fire: Low

SPECIAL FEATURES

[*]TORSO

[*]GAUNTLETS
  • ​Right Gauntlet:
    Gauntlet Mounted Grappling Hook
  • Retractable Cortosis Vibro-blade
  • Flamethrower

[*]Left Gauntlet:

[*]Both Gauntlets:

[*]BOOTS
  • Vylmiran Crystals
    Augmented to absorb energy from Force Attacks, these crystals can store a considerable amount of energy before discharging, potentially harming the user. They must be removed and replaced between battles.

[*]Electro-Magnetic boot clamps

[*]Force Imbuement: The armor is imbued with the Force, conferring benefits to the wearer. Owing to the creator's ability to walk the line between light and shadow, the armor offers different benefits depending on the user's state of mind.
  • Helmet:
    The helmet passively channels Detoxify Poison while the user is channeling the Light Side.

[*]Pauldrons:
  • Passively channels Force Body allowing the user to shrug off more hits

[*]Chestplate:
  • Shadows begin to envelop the user, and spread among their allies to grant Berserk, increasing the severity of their strikes, and twisting the Force to heal them for a fraction of damage caused while in this state. This passive is not as effective as an active rendition of Berserk, possessing only 1/10th the potency, but able to last nearly indefinitely.

[*]Fauld:
  • Passively channels Force Deflection, causing most minor and glancing shots to miss the user entirely

[*]Gauntlets:
  • Left Gauntlet: Placing the gauntlets in an X configuration in front of the wearer will trigger a Force Barrier, able to absorb a large amount of damage, but forcing the user to remain immobile to maintain the barrier.
  • Right Gauntlet: As the wearer submits to the shadow, their hatred boils over. This hatred can be channeled into the Focus created by the gauntlets. By a closed fist and outstretched arm, a blast of Dark Side energy is created.

[*]Greaves:
  • Left Boot: Allows the user to cast Phase Walk without requiring the same level of focus this ability would otherwise require.
  • Right Boot: The Greaves passively channel Force Affliction, slowing and poisoning those in the vicinity too weak to resist its effects.

Strengths:
  • Very High Resistances: The armor has been refined over generations of work, utilizing a number of techniques including material layering and Force Imbuement to forge an impressive and nigh-impenetrable suit of armor.
  • Bulwark Shield: The armor features a personal shield generator.
  • D3-KK Shield: The armor features Voph's own kinetic shield in the design.
  • State of the Art Tech: The Armor is packed to the brim with useful technologies from Locke and Key Mechanics that further boosts the wearer's combat ability.
  • EVA Tech: The suit is vacuum sealed and features Magnetic Clamps on the boots, perfect for EVA Ops
  • Weaponized: The armor is a weapon, designed to hunt and kill Force Sensitive combatants, and is packed to the brim with toys as a result
  • Mobility Servos: The Mobility Servos aid the wearer in moving under extreme force, such as Force Push, or other Mobility hindering methods.
  • Bondar Knuckles: Bondar crystals have been inlaid on the knuckles, resulting in stunning results when the wearer punches someone
  • Cortosis: The inclusion of a cortosis weave ridge and back hand plates allow the wearer to disable lightsabers when used properly
Weaknesses:
  • Suppression: The armor's Force traits will not work optimally when subjected to Force Suppression, or similar effects
  • Force Defense: When subjected to Force Suppressants, the Force Defense on the armor will drop, as it is comprised entirely of Imbuement.
  • Heavy: The armor is designed with defense in mind, bypassing the usual advantages that Kinesium typically offers by layering the material multiple times.
  • Crystals: If the crystal energy sinks are overloaded, they will explode to the detriment of the wearer.
  • Slow: The armor is designed to offer defense above everything. Agility is limited while wearing this armor.
DESCRIPTION
Design. Build. Redefine. Develop. Rebuild. Improve. Adapt. Destroy.

These are the ideas that Voph followed. These are the ideas that built the Desolation armor, and refined it over decades of war and strife. Though the original Mark VIII armor has long since succumbed to time and entropy, the Mark IX was built as a near replica of the ancient warsuit, expanding on features and materials that were not available in the time of the Old Republic.

The helmet is rather skeletal in design, and features glowing red eyes to serve as both a social reference and an intimidation factor. Slim and sleek, the helmet is also designed to fit under a hood made of armor-weave, as an added defense to protect the wearer's head. Flanked by massive Beskar spikes, designed to give Voph an intimidating presence as well as aid him in combat, both in physical combat, or to protect the head from errant lightsaber strikes.

The rest of the armor is carefully crafted over years of combat, fighting, and studying armor, taking inspiration from both the Sith and Mandalorian cultures. The gauntlets, differing from previous versions, boast Beskar Claws, allowing Voph an added edge in unarmed combat, as well as increased ease in deflecting lightsaber attacks.

The warrior is only as good as his tools. The tool is only as good as its maker. It is only fitting, then, that the two are united in one being...

Well done on compiling all parts of the armor in one submission rather than many!

Before I get this approved there's a couple of things that need addressing.

- Dual Side Imbument does not conform to Star Wars lore as I understand it regarding Alchemy and Imbument. Rather than empowering each piece of the armor with both sides of the Force, you may instead mix and match it (e.g: Light Greaves/Dark Gauntles)

- A few of the components of this armor are stated as CLOSED-MARKET in terms of affiliation or affiliated with a company that belongs to another writer so I will need proof you have permission to use these:

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/139633-padlocke/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/120958-valkyrie-system/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/120529-lk-apollo/

-
Voph said:
​Vylmiran Crystals Augmented to absorb energy from Force Attacks, these crystals can store a considerable amount of energy before discharging, potentially harming the user. They must be removed and replaced between battles.

According to the submission of these crystals - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/146131-vylmiran-crystal/ - there seems to be nothing particularly stating they possess such capabilities as stated in this armor submission.

- Finally, I'd suggest adding a couple of more weaknesses. One weakness, but not limited to, would be Force functions cease to work when in a Ysalamir bubble.

[member="Voph"]

[member="Zef Halo"]

So, had a reply all written up and ready to go, then Chaos ate it. Can't never have nothing nice round here...

Anywho, in response to your comments, I have two other pieces of armor that were approved with dual Imbuement properties. Was this a recent decision with new Factory leadership? (As seen Here (second piece is linked in Primary Source) http://starwarsrp.net/topic/145941-vophs-kinesium-helmet/ )

Second, as of writing this I'm still waiting for Locke to get back to me on best course of action, bit that may be a bit as it's bedtime in the UK right now, but I'll get that to you soon as I can.

Third, the crystals state in their original submission that they can be altered to serve a variety of purposes, just like generic Force Crystals. This submission reflects that in the language you copied in your review.

As for weaknesses, the submission already states that the armor suffers when subjected to Force Suppression, but I can certainly make some additions to the weaknesses list (such as the crystals potentially going boom)

[member="Zef Halo"]

Added on to the weaknesses, and Locke has observed that per the company listing, CIS members are permitted to use any LKM components. In addition to the link in the submission, the permissions can be observed HERE

[member="Voph"]

I think there's a great deal of extrapolation on the crystal remark but I don't mind it, so that's fine. Also, thanks for the permission link.

Nonetheless, in the factory we do not work with precedents and my previous stance on the dual imbument stands. Mix-and-match it and I will approve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom