Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Derumium

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Akhuul Sautra
  • Affiliation: Akhuul Sautra
  • Market Status: Closed-Market-Not sold from Sautra Vokh. Other sources of Durumium Ore that may be found may have different market status when smelting operations start on said other worlds.
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No; though can be used in other technology considering a force user with enough knowledge and willpower could shape it as required.
  • Production: Limited (production stopped on Sautra Vokh, but may be found elsewhere in the galaxy which the production would be more open or closed depending on who exploits it)
  • Material: Durumium Ore smelted into a metallic form.
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Metal
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Color: A dark chrome-like appearance
  • Resistances:
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Lightsabers: Low
    • Other:
      • Sonic: High
      • EMP/ION: Average
      • Elemental: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Smelting, shaping, and forming of the metal requires the force for it to be done.
  • Can be shaped though the force as if it was being forged after the forging process takes place
STRENGTHS
  • Easily shaped though the force given enough knowledge and willpower
  • Resistant to most conventional damage
  • Very strong metal (reference to resistances)
WEAKNESSES
  • Nigh impossible to forge by conventional means
  • Rare to find, and only source found so far (Sautra Vokh) has been mined out of the original ore
    • No more can be produced from Sautra Vokh
  • Opponents knowledgeable of the metal could use the force to shape the metal against the wielder. Takes a lot of willpower to do so, and exertion of force power, but is possible.
DESCRIPTION
In the times of the ancient Sith Empire, Akhuul Sautra, one of the rising Sith Lords of the time, moved his base of power to Sautra Vokh where he discovered Derumium Ore that could be used to fulfill his scheme of cheating death and having an eternal reign as a Sith Lord. His scientists discovered the metal to be more favorably responsive to the force, which only made Akhuul more certain this was the key to immortality. Over time, his estate constructed machines based on the metal, and Sautra Vokh was practically strip-mined of the resource where all deposits found were mined dry of the ore. The ore was smelted into Derumium, and was used to make the android bodies for Akhuul and those of his estate, weapons of war, ships, and even some of the buildings constructed for Akhuul's estate on Sautra Vokh have trace elements of Derumium in their composition as well as the Sith masonry that is a motif of the construction.

Derumium was never truly tested on the battlefield, but certainly in ancient laboratories of Sautra Vokh. The metal proved very strong to conventional damage, reflective of how it could not be forged if not for the use of the force and Sith alchemy. However, lightsabers proved to wear it down to do immediate damage, but if willed, the material would repair itself slowly. The repair process taxed the concentration and willpower of the force user repairing the metal, but it could be done given the time and willpower. The other test of it was how it retained the spirits of all of Akhuul's apprentices as well as Akhuul himself when the transference happened after his retreat from the ancient Sith Empire in the times right before the Great Hyperspace War.

However, after the transference, the arsenal of Derumium constructed weapons and the various machines developed by Akhuul's scientists and alchemists stagnated with the dwindling supply of the mind ore and the stored metal unable to be replenished. So far there have not been any sources discovered aside from Sautra Vokh to the knowledge of Akhuul and his apprentices. Both a blessing and a curse. In irresponsible hands, it could be used to create terrible and destructive weapons that would attract the attention from the enemies of the wielder, yet for the case of Akhuul it was what enabled him to be secure on Sautra Vokh having such powerful weapons at his disposal and technology that reached current galactic standard millennia ago. It is unfathomable what could be done with modern science in the galaxy, but in the wrong hands it could be a waste of resources or the most terrible scourge on the galaxy to date.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Akhuul Sautra Akhuul Sautra

This is a very cool submission, however I found some problems:
  • Please link the Sautra Vokh to the Manufacturer.
  • Please link your bio to the Affiliation.
  • Please link the Durumium Ore sub to the Material.
  • And your ratings are overpowered (+1), please fix it

MANIAC MANIAC
Understood. Getting to work on those changes ASAP. There are no links for Sautra Vokh currently as I have not made that sub yet. However, the the bio and ore links will be added.

As for the overpowered rating, I will adust things as needed ASAP. I used the 5.1 BETA spreadsheet which said that categorization was balanced. If I'm behind on any updates to the system, that would be good to know. However, for safety sake, I'll adjust the powerfulness of it.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Akhuul Sautra Akhuul Sautra

Oh, you are true, it was. Just somehow I read the Weight as average. But yes, I see now it is heavy, so it was good. Sorry! You can modified it back.
I cannot accept the sub without linked manufacturer. I suggest you to write your character to there too, and later, if you post the planet, you can edit it, if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom