Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Derriphanqyâsik [Devourers of the Force]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExPd6CG.png

bZsdq6m.png

• Intent: Create a weaker version of a Force Harvester
  • Image Source: Click - ShadowMeadowsArt
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source:
axldTFS.png

2cU3C5x.png

• Possessing the inverse properties of both Artusian and Force crystals, a Derriphanqyâsik could be used to drain the Living Force from an individual or the surrounding environment.
  • The process of draining the Living Force was gradual and only affected the immediate area around the crystal in a range of about a single hectare. Placing more crystals in close proximity with one another increases the range of the draining effects.
  • The knowledge imbued into a Derriphanqyâsik was built upon a rigorous study of the ancient Sith superweapon known as the Force Harvester and the failed modern superweapon Ultima.
  • Crystalline structure highly resistant to energy-based weaponry, but vulnerable to physical kinetic attacks that repeatedly hit the crystal lattice.
  • Powered by an infusion of the Dark Side of the Force.
  • The crystal's draining effects primarily affected non-sentient entities, such as plants and animals, and while capable of draining the Force from higher lifeforms such as Humans and Aliens it was noticeably more difficult. The higher an individual's willpower or strength in the Force the easier it was to resist the effects of the crystals.
  • Individuals that underwent a special ritual could resist the effects of the crystals indefinitely.
8Bs48wF.png

• Drains The Living Force
  • Highly Resistant To Energy-Based Weaponry
yYDpyZW.png

• Immobile
  • Can Be Damaged/Destroyed By Physical Attacks
vyI8KM4.png

When the Sith Empire began to exert its influence over the regions of the Outer Rim and Tingel Arm, it came to occupy the mining world of Artus Prime, a world rich in mineral resources and crystals with special properties known as Artusian Crystals. Coveting the crystals for themselves, the Sith began to heavily mine Artus Prime and accumulate vast quantities of Artusian Crystals.
One portion of these crystals was used in the creation of new Sith lightsabers while another portion was used to try and imbue non-Force sensitive individuals with the Force. Ultimately, the lion's share of Artusian Crystals was requisitioned by the then Sith Emperor Darth Carnifex and the Lady of Secrets Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf . They took the cache of crystals to a secret laboratory and conducted experiments to combine them with Force crystals to create a new crystalline structure.
What resulted from these experiments was the Derriphanqyâsik, massive crystals that were imbued with the Dark Side of the Force. Carnifex and Taeli had inversed the properties of the Artusian and Force crystals to sap the Living Force from the environment and the creatures living within it. They had studied the Force Harvester, an ancient Sith superweapon, and discovered how to replicate the powers of the Force Harvester albeit in a less powerful state.
To protect themselves and their servants from falling prey to their own creation, Carnifex and Taeli created a ritual that would shield any individual it was performed on from the effects of the Derriphanqyâsik.

Last edited:
Good Evening, Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Reading through this submission I love the creativity and thought that went into creating this, it’s easy to see that this is a labour of love. However, there are a few issues I need to raise with you before we move forward.

The Derriphanqyâsik crystals seem to be an absolutle devourer, draining all the living force in the surrounding area unless and individual has undergone a specific ritual. Unfortunately this is extremely unbalanced, verging on superweapon status, since you are effectively calling hits on characters and creations in the area. There doesn’t appear to be any way someone can avoid this effect. It is this effect, the unavoidable nature of the encroaching death, that leads me to classify this as a superweapon.

As a rule of thumb, if something is classified as s superweapon on Wookie, or on the board, it is a good bet that anything based on it would also be classed as a superweapon.

Furthermore, although the limited range of the effect can be extended by just placing more down.

While the superweapon status needs to be clarified before we can move on, I also wanted to point out that we shy away from absolute language such as

Impervious To Energy-Based Weaponry

Please read through my notes and then tag me back once you’ve made your changes, and you’ve put down your thoughts.

I edited the special features to have more of an effect against non-sentient entities like plants and animals, with sentient people being able to resist the draining effects in accordance with their willpower or strength in the Force (I.E. any PC can resist the effects by saying that their willpower aids them in doing so.)

I also changed impervious to highly resistant.

Matthew Locke Matthew Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom