Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Departure

800px-Scarlet_Star.jpg

Departure
Tatooine, home to all the scum and villainy of the galaxy.
In the midst if it all is Mos Eisley space port, like an oasis among the dunes, where every shady job you can imagine is offered.
Raiyo, a young pilot from Roon, was dragging crates with provision to his ship at dock 11. The past week he had been recruiting members for his crew, but with no success. Piloting a freighter is tough without a co-pilot or engineer for that matter, and gaining some crew made it easier to find a job amongst the bigger names in the area.
Sadly all he could bring up was a Botan who disappeared with some of his equipment, and a crate.
His lack of success, something he could predict before he even set foot on Tatooine, was due to his shortage on credits. Nobody wants to be hired by someone without money, right?
Alongside that, Raiyo wasn't all that keen on the illegal business around, and finding a fair job would be rarer than a lake on this planet.
This was the final day after all, before he will set course for the Sullust system, a place with more hopefully reasonable folk...

"Two more.."

Raiyo dragged a crate into the storage room of his ship, the Horizon One.

He was sweating, smelly and tired from spending time on Tatooine; it was too hot out here, but what would you expect with two suns.
He was told it would be easy to find a job, but none of that came true, all he came across where some people that needed someone to smuggle fugitives to the Unknown Regions.
Money, that was Raiyo's biggest concern at the moment, as nobody would join his crew without a stable loan, nor would he be able to fix the damage on his ship from the pirate attack last month.

"Guess I'll be heading for sullust then.. there is no reason to stay here now."

Seven crates of provision would be enough for the journey; the only thing he needed now was a new blaster, the Botan he hired stole it along with some food, before he vanished without a trace.
He had just enough caps left to buy a cheap second-hand gun, he couldn't afford any better.

Mos Eisley. Home of one of the best known spaceports out there, which was surprising for such a sandy wasteland. The spaceport and attached cantina were the only things going for this place. The young woman leaned against one of the spaceport's walls, her eyes hidden under the hood of her dark brown cloak to watch. Under the cloak, she wore a baggy orange outfit, a bandolier around her waist, twin blasters on either hip. She had to find some new clothes. It reminded her of this barren hell-hole. She needed out.

The woman had just returned from bidding her master farewell, or the memory of him. They still haven't found his body. With that being done, she had no more use for this place. She needed a ship.

The sounds of metal crates being dragged across the port's floor caught her attention. Stepping out of the blistering sun and what little shadows she could find, she entered the hanger. Quickly finding the source of the noise, she approached the human as he loaded his ship. She glanced up at the light freighter, taking the image in. Then her focus shifted to the man. She remained silent, her appearance hidden under the folds of her cloak.

[member="Raiyo Tatsuu"]

Raiyo just finished loading in the cargo for the journey.

"Just have to stock on some weapons, don't wanna have another 'incident' like last time"

Just outside of the docking area a arms store was settled, one of the more shady looking bunch.
Inside he was greeted, or rather stared down by a grumpy toydarian that was just ready to close the store.

"Whaddeya need boy?" He asked, almost spitting on Raiyo's face.

Raiyo replied calmly, but inside he was terribly annoyed by the Toydarian.

"Any second hand blasters in stock?" He asked, but before he could even finish his sentence, the shopkeeper threw him out

"No money, no weapons." He said with a harsh tone.

Disappointed Raiyo walked back to his ship; he was ready to leave, and he probably could count on his luck with this one, he won't be so stupid to confront a pirate ship next time.
He just arrived at the dock when he saw some cloaked figure standing aside, armed and looking rather dangerous.
Raiyo didn't feel much for a confrontation amd just assumed she was looking for someone, someone that would hopefully not be him.

[member="Ashalah Ky"]

She watched him get thrown from the weapon shop. How pathetic. Killing him and stealing his ship and supplies would be too easy. She had to do something a little more diplomatic. Luckily, if the Cartel taught her anything, aside from killing, it was acting. The best way to swindle your way into getting anything you need. "Oh, is this ship yours?" She approached the man, lowering her hood to reveal bright blue eyes, along with the rest of her racial features.

"I wonder if you can help me? My name's Azetha. I need a ride off this planet." She stared at him with big eyes, showing nothing but wonder and innocence, maybe a little pleading to the look as well. "I can pay you." She did have her credits from her latest job for the Cartel. It was her last payment though. She needed to find something else in the mean time.

[member="Raiyo Tatsuu"]

Raiyo didn't buy it.
His last day here, and now he finds someone to tag along?! Sheer luck, or a bad omen..?

"Yeah, it's mine, not the prettiest ship in the galaxy, but surely the fastest!" He replied, hesitating about his own words.

The Horizon One wasn't the worst you could find, it sure as hell was an upgrade from the YT-1300, but the damage that was done to it resulted in random power lockdowns and other inconvenient events during flight.

"Where you heading Miss? If you have the caps, I can bring you anywhere"

He didn't really mean that, he knew nine out of ten people that needed a ride out here were either fugutives or bounty hunters looking for a unsuspecting way to enter enemy territory; or had to stay as far away from it as possible.
Judging by her looks, Raiyo went with the latter, probably a hired killer of some sort, so he quickly corrected himself.

"Except the Core Worlds,that's off-limits, I'm quite the, how would you say it, wanted person out there"

And he just made everything worse, trying to be the smooth talker; he immediately regretted that.
Don't ever try to impress a girl that could make you disappear without a trace!

[member="Ashalah Ky"]

A bright smile appeared on Ashalah's, or Azetha's, face. "I like fast. And I don't care where we're going. Just..." she wrapped her arms around herself and shivered slightly. "Away from here. And yes, no core worlds." Tatooine was full of memories she needed to escape from. As well, her criminal past followed her home. Now that she didn't have the protection of Sempra, staying here was even riskier. This planet would be the first place any law enforcement or bounty hunters would look for her.

"Here," reaching to her belt, she removed a credit clip and handed it to him. "2,000 credits. Hopefully that's enough." Nodding, she let him take it before bringing her hand back to her side. "It's all I have left. I need a job too." At his mention of himself, her bright and eager smile faded to a more relaxed one. "And don't worry. I've done some things that aren't that...legal either."

[member="Raiyo Tatsuu"]

Raiyo happily took her money, he was low on credits and at least now he had a foot to stand on when he arrives at Sullust.

"Thank you, miss."

He wasn't greedy, just kind of desperate when it came to money; those pirates stole half of his belongings, and he knew that would hit him hard on Tatooine.
At least now he had someone to travel with, and thank the maker for that! He tried not to show it but deep inside he had to smile.

"No more boring-ass trips, and someone who seems to know how to handle a blaster"

Let's not forget how he tried to play hero, and nearly shot his own foot; blasters just weren't his thing, he preferred melee over range, and yet he even sucked at that...
But oh well, he had nothing to lose now.

Raiyo brought down the cargo-lift, dragging the crates next to the other 5 that were layered on the platform.
next to it was the opened up entry-hatch, with some small bags next to it.

"Guess we will be leaving then... Welcome aboard the Horizon One!"

The ship was a second-hand busted up YT-2400 freighter, but for what it has been through it was still a very pretty thing...

[member="Ashalah Ky"]

"Horizon One," she repeated back, staring up at the ship in pretend awe. Well...partial pretend awe. She did really like ships. She even had a freighter of her own before it was destroyed in one of the Cartel's many dominions. "I like the name." As the other brought down the cargo hold, she let her gaze drift to him. He was very attractive, she had to give him that. Maybe a bit young, but still cute. That was another factor that would save him from getting a blaster shot in his back.

"You look like you have everything under control," she watched him work before turning and walking up the lowered gangplank. Then she stopped and turned around, leaning on one of the pneumatic pistons that moved the gangplank. "Oh silly me, I almost forgot to get your name? I'd really like to know who'll be my captain." She paused, giving him a glance-over, a grin appearing on her grey lips. "Especially when he's so cute."

[member="Raiyo Tatsuu"]

Raiyo, not sure if she was really teasing him or just playing around, turned back around and shook her hand

I'm sorry, that was rude of me.. The name's Tatsuu, Raiyo Tatsuu that is; and your name was Azetha, right?

Ugh, manners, something he hadn't dealt with for quite some time, as it wasn't really a necessity being all alone or around the worst scoundrels possible for months.
Before he took her inside the ship, Raiyo went in by himself, clearing some space in the crew quarters; he never really came in here, only when he needed spare space for cargo or when he had to access maintenance, which was located inside one the modules.

There was another reason that he wanted to enter alone, one far more important to him than the aesthetics of his ship...

He called [member="Ashalah Ky"] inside, hiding a small chest under the console of the hyperdrive, where he made a small safe; it was fingerprint locked, something he spend all his money on when he was in Corellia.

"Come in!"

"Pleasure to be on your ship, Raiyo." When he asked to confirm her name, she nodded. "Azetha, that's correct." He entered the ship and she patiently waited until he gave her the signal. When he did, she climbed aboard.

Upon entering the ship, she took a look around. "It's so....quaint." Quaint was the best word she could come up with. The ship wasn't that clean, but it wasn't filthy. She had seen messier in the Cartel. Not on ships, but in the Hutt palaces and sleazy cantinas scattered about their controlled space. "I like it."

She would follow Raiyo to the cockpit, sitting in the passenger's seat. "So, where's our first stop."

[member="Raiyo Tatsuu"]

Raiyo sent a transmission to the control tower, asking permission to lift off.

We are headed to the Vivenda Sector, Sullust to be exact; It's Cartel airspace though.."

The cartel was everywhere, but they had their own little territory in the Vivenda Sector, or so Raiyo heard in the cantina.
Raiyo opened up the captain's quarter, removing his shirt and revealing a scar running across his back; he changed into a more comfortable shirt and grabbed some papers from his desk.
He had to give the required identification and such, but luckily they didn't really male a big deal of it on Tatooine, unlike Corellia, where he had to complete seventeen fills to be able to even enter his own ship.

"You have permission to lift off, Captain; please give you're proper identification serial''

Cartel airspace. Just the place Ash didn't need. She hoped she wasn't recognized. Hutts could get pretty competitive against one another. At one point, she had to kill one of Sempra's Hutt competitor's generals just to get a point across. It was dirty work, but it payed well. It got her noticed. It even gave her protection. Her boss vowed that anyone who laid a hand on her would have all of his mighty wrath raining down on them. Now that he was gone, Ash felt like she had a target painted on her back.

"Sullust? I've never been there." She paused to give Raiyo a chance to talk to the tower, patiently folding her hands in her lap. When he was finished and they had taken off and were out of the desert atmosphere, she'd ask something else. "What are we going to do there?"

[member="Raiyo Tatsuu"]

Raiyo noticed her discomfort when he mentioned Sullust, or rather, he sensed it.
It wasn't the first time he could feel someone in that way, and he was left puzzled by this; it annoyed him, yet he was fascinated by this ability.

"I was send to look for someone on Sullust" he replied.

It was true, in a way.

"Our next stop is the Naboo system; we will have a short stop there, and then we have one more jump till we reach Sullust"

The scar on his back still hurt; it was fresh, and the skin around it was severely injured, leaving a red burn across his back.
Raiyo was only wearing an old shirt, and a part of the scar was still visible, showing his molten skin.

"Y'know.. It's nice to have some company once in a while.."

[member="Ashalah Ky"]

"Naboo....great." The unenthusiasm dripped from the young woman's voice. She wasn't too keen on going to Naboo either. From what she heard, it wasn't the place for her. Monarchies and the Senate, and the Senators and Chancellors. Way too political for her. Would she be wanted on Naboo too? The Hutts didn't have any control over it, and neither did she complete any missions against its people. There would be no reason why they would come after her there. Still, she had to be on high alert.

She had noticed Raiyo's scar, but didn't say anything. She had seen a lot worse in the Cartel. Instead, she focused on the spread of space through the cockpit window. Bringing her feet up to the seat of her chair, she partially curled up, hugging her knees to her chest. When her pilot talked about the company, she slowly nodded. Her voice felt dry in her throat. "Yeah. Great."

[member="Raiyo Tatsuu"]

"Any problems?"

Raiyo noticed her unenthusiasm, and he could figure why; she had the look of a mercenary, and both the highly political background of Naboo and the corrupt regions of the Cartel would be the exact opposite of what she was walking away from.
She said she wanted to leave Tatooine, and one could easily figure it was due to the corrupt nature of the inhabitants. It was the same reason he wanted to leave.
He didn't want to go to Sullust either, but the hard truth was that he had to if he wanted to find the person he was looking for; the next clue to their location was on Sullust, where that clue leads him would nog be important for now.

"It's the cartel, isn't it? I can fee-- I mean, see it... You're voice changed a bit too..

[member="Ashalah Ky"]

Problems. Yeah, you could call it that. She let out a small sigh. How does she tell him without telling her entire story? Who knows if anything she says will come back to bite her as hard as a Rancor. "It's not a big deal," she brushed off this problem like she brushed off everything else. Drama, death, blaster wounds. "If you say we're going to Sullust, then who am I to argue?" She was a last-minute passenger, taken on because of her funds. The only reason why Raiyo was so eager to help her was because she had credits.

When he asked if it was the Cartel, she nodded, thinking about what part of her life story to twist around to make her seem not so guilty. "Let's just say....I lost everything." That wasn't entirely a lie. She lost her parents at a young age, her master just recently. And with her master's loss came the loss of protection, a home, a steady income.

Azetha caught on the correction of words. Fee- something. The note that her voice changed. Her gaze stayed focused on the stars in front of her.

[member="Raiyo Tatsuu"]

Hmm.. Losing everything, that was a subject Raiyo knew quite alot about; His parents, or just his mother, considering he never knew his father to begin with, died before he reached the age of ten, leaving him to take care of himself.
His mother left him an important object, and since that day he started to feel these, well how would he describe it anyway.. It came and went, he felt things, things he couldn't explain, like why he had to go to Sullust or why he knew Azetha had a rough past, and thinking about made his head hurt.

His mother had told him about a power once, something great, something his father studied, but the other members of that group heard about his marriage, something that was forbidden according to his mother.
They banished his father from their grounds and he didn't return home ever since; Raiyo was told to find him.

Back in the day his mother called these people our guardians, people who studied this 'force' and helped the people in need, but Raiyo felt betrayed by them, he didn't understand why good people would banish someone for being happy.

"What's the tale behind it then?" Raiyo asked her, knowing he wasn't polite, but he got curious nonetheless.

"I can drop you off at another planet though, it's one big cluster over there, don't worry about it"

Raiyo opened up the Hyperspace console, inserting the coordinates of the Naboo system, and started the calculation.

"Would be a shame to say goodbye this soon though" He finished, with a supressed smile..

[member="Ashalah Ky"]

'What's the tale behind it then?' He wanted to know her story. Why she needed out, why she was running. "I..." She went to answer, but she stopped. She didn't really know why she wanted out actually. Sure, she had a huge target on her back, but she was Sempra the Hutt's bodyguard, his right hand woman. When he was still alive that is. She could take care of herself.

So why was she running?

"It doesn't matter!" she snapped at him, turning an ice cold glare in his direction. In the corner of her eye, she watched the ship enter hyperspace. With a sigh, she turned back to the windshield, all the anger leaving her features. She rubbed her face, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I-I'm sorry...I've had a long day." At his mention of parting ways, she shook her head. "I'll be fine. Take me to your planet." With a small gasp, she realized how much that sounded like an order. Being a Hutt Enforcer put her in a pretty high position. She gave orders like nothing. She had to get used to being...a normal person. It was the best way to stay under Hutt radar. "Uh...please?"

Leaning back in her seat, she closed her eyes. She really needed sleep. Within minutes, her head rolled to the side, and she was out like a starship engine.

[member="Raiyo Tatsuu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom