Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Demonsbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
4120aef09901e767502edd3c36654a33.jpg

Image Credit: http://pixshark.com/red-vines-plants.htm

Name: Demonsbane

Homeworld: Voss

Development Thread: N/A

Average Measurements: Each vine can grow up to 2 meters in length, and get up to 1 cm thick

Cultivation Requirements: Needs to breathe air 50% sulfur 50% carbon dioxide to live, requires fertile peat and water as well. No Sunlight.

Strengths:
Inconspicuous- clinging to dark cave walls, it is hard for would-be predators to spot
Strong- its roots run deep into the cave walls, making it hard for predators to uproot and kill it.
Poison- this plant is poisonous to the Aethien species as it enters the bloodstream or if it is vaporized and inhaled
Weaknesses:
Sun- this plant hates sunlight, and will die upon coming in contact with its rays
Selective breather- this plant can only breathe a mixture of sulfur and carbon dioxide, making it difficult to grow elsewhere.

Distinctions: Thin brown vines with little red leaves growing off of them. The vines run deep into the surface they are attached to, worming their ways into the smallest of cracks and nooks. The leaves smell like gunpowder, no doubt because of the environment they live in.

Average Growth Cycle: 10 years to fully grow

Average Life: Once harvested, it can stay fresh for up to a week and a half

Nutritional Value: None

History: This vine lives in an estimated hundred caves in the nightmare lands of Voss. The cave has a crack in the floor, said to penetrate all the way to the planet's core. It acts as a vent, sending up the much-needed sulfur for the vine to survive. Its existence is whispered in rumors among the planet's inhabitants, most believing it is just old folk lore. Even fewer know of its general location, the majority of them being the most secretive and elderly mystics on the planet. It was originally used to drive away the Aethiens who lived on the planet long ago, its roots acting as a poison against the ancient species. Most tend to avoid the cave it dwells in, as it smells of sulfur and seems to have an eerie feel to it...

Intent: A crippling weakness for a custom species.

[member="Lord Ajihad"]

You got me on this one. Pretty straightforward plant, I'm sure we'll get it approved soon after some minor adjustments! Apologies for the wait before this got picked up.

Lord Ajihad said:
Image Credit: https://s-media-cach...d3c36654a33.jpg
Please provide a link to either the original author of the image or the page you found it on.

Lord Ajihad said:
its roots acting as a poison against the ancient species.
For the sake of transparency, add a line about this under strengths. For clarification, am I right in assuming this plant is only poisonous towards Aethiens due to an allergy, and will not affect other species in the same way?

Lord Ajihad said:
. Te vines run deep into the surface they are attached to,
Minor grammar note. "The vines", instead of "Te vines"

Lord Ajihad said:
is said to be guarded by one of the last Aethiens in the galaxy...
Since the species sub has been upgraded from a population of 1 to 250 000, this line hardly seems relevant anymore. Further, if this is one of their great weaknesses and what drove them off the planet in the first place, why would one linger here, and why would the Mystics aware of the cave permit it?

It is my understanding that this plant's purpose is to serve as a weakness for the Aethien species. However, as far as weaknesses goes this is one easily dismissed, at least in its current state. Not only are barely a handful of people aware of its existence, it exists in only one cave that is supposedly also guarded by the very thing it is intended to be used against. For this submission to stay true to its intent, I want you to make two adjustments.
  • Increase its availability from one single cave to multiple caves in the Nightmare Lands on Voss.
  • Change knowledge of the plant's existence from only the most elderly Voss mystics, to the Voss in general. Given the prolonged abuse of the Voss at the hands of the Aethiens and the final war that drove them off, I think it makes sense for knowledge of the plant and its use to be a thing known in Voss myths and legends. Otherwise, I don't see this weakness ever coming into play. General knowledge can be vague, while exact details and truths can be reserved for the Voss Mystics.
Thanks

[member="Lord Ajihad"]

Darth Pyrrhus said:
Change knowledge of the plant's existence from only the most elderly Voss mystics, to the Voss in general. Given the prolonged abuse of the Voss at the hands of the Aethiens and the final war that drove them off, I think it makes sense for knowledge of the plant and its use to be a thing known in Voss myths and legends. Otherwise, I don't see this weakness ever coming into play. General knowledge can be vague, while exact details and truths can be reserved for the Voss Mystics.
This request still stands. Note that what I'm asking for is not total awareness of all the details, but something much more vague. My suggestion is: its existence would be known, but its locations would not. Further, the plant can be a thing of legend, where most of the general public have either forgotten or would not think it's actually true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom