Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Dementor - Class Assault Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://unusualsuspex.deviantart.com/art/Imperial-Customs-Light-Corvette-ortho-New-578152707
/> Affiliation: Brotherhood of the Crimson Lotus
Manufacturer: Hikage'sShadowyard
Model: N/A
Modularity: No
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Tungsten Skeletal Frame, Durasteel Inner Hull, A Steel Outer Hull
Classification: Assault Frigate

Length: 400 meters
Width: 150 meters
Height: 85 meters

Armament: 1o<>
x4 Turbolasers
x8Trilaser Cannons
x4 Long Guns
x2 Beamrail Gauss Cannon
1x Ion Cannon

Defenses: 5

Hangar:
1 squadron of standard star fighters

Special Features:
Ion Engines
Ion Shield
Tractor Beam x2
Maneuverability Rating: 14
Speed Rating: 10
Hyperdrive Class: 2 with a back up of 10

Strengths:
  • Different Weapon Advantages
Weaknesses:
  • Light Shielding makes it easier to start doing physical damage faster
  • No Anti Fighter Defenses
  • Steel Outer Hulls are weaker than it's Inner Hull of Durasteel causing breeches faster to the hulls.
Description: Considered to be the backbone along with the Lotus Corvettes to the Brotherhood's navy, they are well balanced assault frigates with nothing special about them. They have amazing offense but almost no defense, relying on other elements for defense. They hold a hundred crew members with enough supplies to last half a year. Opting to not use so many Turbolasers in hopes that using Trilaser Cannons to dish out more fire per second would be more beneficial both financially, and energy wise for the ship. The Long Guns are expected to usually be the first weapons fired on this ship as their range is comparable to that of artillery in ground warfare while the gaus cannons are the real heavy hitters on this ship even though they take more time to load rounds.

Development Thread: If needed
Intent: to create a basic assault ship for the Brotherhood.
Who Can Use This: The Brotherhood
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Romeo Sin said:
x4 Trilaser Cannons x2 Long Guns x2 Beamrail Gauss Cannon
There's not a lot out there about these weapons. Can you put in your description what you expect the special properties of these weapons to be? (for example, are the long guns long-range weapons?)

Romeo Sin said:
They have amazing offense but almost no defense,

Romeo Sin said:
Strong Hulls
Romeo Sin said:
Defenses: 5

These seem to contradict themselves to me, though I can see the first sentence making sense if we're talking about the ship's weapons type.

Otherwise, this looks pretty good to me.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I made the edits you requested, plus added more definition to the strengths you were questioning.

These concepts are that these are some pretty strong hulls for just a little ol' frigate, but they're still going to take massive damage, and quickly when those light shields go down, which are going to go down quickly compared to most frigates. Does this make sense?

As well I added in the idea of how each of the weapons in question work, and why they were placed on the ship.

Trilaser (i assume) would be less expensive compared to a Turbolaser, and use less energy.

The Long Guns (I wish there was more detail on these weapons, they sound so cool, and I assume they are energy based) are nothing more but probably the longest range you can get in Capital Ship Weapon Placements, but they are (in my thinking) no where near as powerful as long range Turbolasers.

The Gauss Cannons (slugthrowers I am assuming as thats all I have ever seen a Gauss Cannon fire) are the real heavy hitters on this ship, and because their slugthrowers it (again an assumption reading on slugthrowers) is a less expensive weapon thats primal compared to energy based weapons, but still dishes out some nasty damage if hits connect (Im thinking in the terms a fast punch is stronger than a full swing punch)

Did any of this make sense? Im not a major in this degree with the technical terms, I just understand how it works.

Romeo Sin said:
These concepts are that these are some pretty strong hulls for just a little ol' frigate, but they're still going to take massive damage, and quickly when those light shields go down, which are going to go down quickly compared to most frigates. Does this make sense?
That concept is solid. It's just a matter of expressing that. However, defensive rating includes both hull armor and shields. Keeping in mind that the defensive rating includes both systems, how does it compare to average ship its size?

Romeo Sin said:
Armament: 15 x2 Turbolasers x4 Trilaser Cannons x2 Long Guns x2 Beamrail Gauss Cannon 1x Ion Cannon

Based on your weapon descriptions that you've added and the overall concept of the ship, I'd change the Armament Rating to "10", but double the gun count. (4 turbolasers, 8 Trilasers 4 Long guns, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom