Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Defiance Biofiber Prosthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A(It looks like an arm. Or a leg. Or some appendage.)
Intent: To develop a prosthetic that, while not superior to some in durability or in features, is as real a limb as it gets
Development Thread: N/A, though will give references if required. Previous generic ones have been made for Ashin Varanin(not used), Aleidis Ijet(not used), and Ven'Rain Sekairo(used).
Manufacturer: Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing
Model: Subach Biofiber Prosthetic
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Armorplast(bones), biofiber(muscles and other assorted intricate fleshy parts), cloned skin(for obvious reasons)
Description: The Subach Biofiber Prosthetic was designed initially by the Zel Medical subsidiary of Subach-Innes, but it soon became produced by the main company itself. Essentially, the arm is comprised of ceramic bones and biofiber muscles, covered with cloned skin taken from the person getting the arm in question. Featuring advanced biofiber nerves, the prosthetic was designed to integrate with the nervous system of the amputee in a way unseen before by anyone. Bacta is applied to the nerve endings during the surgery to 'install' it, allowing the nerves of the amputee to grow and integrate themselves with the biofiber as to allow for a seamless connection. Delicate work has matched the nervous system of the amputee, making sure the appendage will not pick up the wrong nerve signals. The cloned skin is then meshed with the patient's skin via skin glue and coated with a kolcta-impregnated gauze wrapping before being left to set for three days. Once the third day ends, the wrap is removed - and the only evidence that an arm was lost was faint discoloration and minimal scarring around the mesh point. Utilization of a skin rejuvenator could remove such markings entirely, if requested. Minimal therapy may be needed to regain full and complete control over the arm, as it will respond initially as if it has been sat on since being amputated.

The resulting limb behaves with remarkable humanity, behaving in all manners identical to a real arm. The arm itself is modestly stronger than a normal arm, with a maximum weight limit increase of approximately five kilograms, but not much more. Over time, while a prosthetic might still be 'felt' as mechanical by the one wearing it, those wearing this prosthetic will likely feel as though they never lost an arm at all.
Original Section(s):

Manufacturer: Subach-Innes

New Section(s):

Can't find the thread because it's over a year old. Which means it was either wiped, or was beyond the search limit. I hope this isn't a big issue considering it's a simple prosthetic...

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Enigma said:
responding to commands from the brain a tenth of a millisecond faster than the fastest-responding prosthetic currently in use, less than a few nanoseconds below the speed at which real arms respond to signals.
[member="Enigma"]
This looks like handwavium-speak for 'this is superior to any and all prosthetics ever, period.' Unless you have canon evidence for this, remove it.

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

It's not... If that was the case, the arm would be a giant gun built out of pulloutofmyassium. I'm not entirely sure how a few milliseconds superior response time counterbalances the lack of strength augmentation and physical durability. It'd get cut off like a normal arm.

Not trying to be rude at all, but said above is not the case. The arm would be much more blatantly OP were that the case.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Enigma"]

Not what I'm asking, dude. Do you have canon evidence to support the idea that the most advanced Star Wars prosthetics have a slower reaction time than normal limbs, and do you have canon evidence to support the idea that biofiber will make this arm faster than either one?

Being that they're comprised of circuitry, which has a lower data transmission speed than the human nervous system, I would assume so, though if you still want me to remove it, I will.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Enigma"]
Based on canon descriptions of how much faster top-end electronics can react than humans can (I'm thinking of the ROTS novelization, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, and Yoda: Dark Rendezvous), yeah, if you could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom