Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech "Defensor" Power Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Umbris Potestas Est
Fallout-3-Mod-New-Textures-Black-Steel-and-Rusty-Power-Arm_1.jpg
Intent: To develop a simple, mass-produced form of power armor for use by the CIS's heavy troopers.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing
Model: Powered Armor
Affiliation: Sith Empire
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Duranium(plates), armorweave(flexible parts), deuterium/tritium(microfusion cell)
Description: While Pandeima was busy working with SIA-Cs and turning them into powered armor suits in the Unknown Regions, Myra Subach was authorizing a more radical development: the creation of Subach-made power armor that could be utilized by the numerous heavy trooper squads spread throughout the faction's military structure. Utilizing cast duranium plates(which could be easily replaced in the event of damage, the damaged parts melted down and recast as parts for new armors) and armorweave underlay, the suit itself retains a rebreather in the helmet. The data for said few features can be seen on the armor's HUD. The microfusion cell itself is bigger, supplying more power to the actuators and increasing the theoretical strength of the operator. A communicator has been meshed into the armor as part of the left gauntlet.

However, in order to allow mass-production for the CIS, many features found on the SIA-C had to be scrapped. Why is the microfusion cell bigger? Predominantly because the entire healing system on the armor, bacta tanks, injectors, and all, were scrapped, utterly removed from the armor's design. So too was the neural band, meaning that wearers must rely on their natural resistance to survive pain, Force probing, and other mind-impacting techniques. As much was simplified on the armor as possible to make it cost-effective, and because of that, people wearing this will suffer a somewhat noticeable reduction in joint mobility and walking speed when compared to the SIA-C or other power armor types. Such are costs that an object must face in order to be mass-produced.

Classification: Powered Armor
Weight: 55kg
Quality: Class 8
Other Feature(s): Rebreather, Communicator

OOC: So long story short, I won a bet with the CIS Leader, the rewards of which(for me) would be that the CIS would utilize a power armor if I made one and it was approved. This is the culmination of that... And I had plans to make the CIS a suit of power armor anyways. :p
Modification:
Company and Affiliation change
Original Section(s):

Manufacturer: Subach-Innes
Affiliation: CIS

New Section(s):

Manufacturer: Defiance Consolidated Mulitpurpose Manufacturing
Affiliation Sith Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom