Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deception, Protection... and Something Else-tion!

Her chiding made his grin only get wider, if that was possible - he must have looked a bit cheshire-like, then, but the grin downgraded to a bright smile when she came up with the actual value of the card.

"Ye got it thar, lass!" He resisted the urge to throw in a 'bravo'. At her teasing, he shook his head, and let the card be freed from his grasp. "Ah think ah'd remember being trained b'fore, missy Kira."

He was quite assured of the strength of his memory. There was nothing he ever forgot, at least when sober!

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
A snort was her reply, followed by the tiny blonde's run of her fingers through his unruly locks in an affectionate muse. "Uh huh, better Morlandt!" she'd tease, before mulling about to ask him, "Got any more questions on mindtricks?"

If there weren't she was about to start a lesson that well... certainly had interesting stunning results. Pun intended.

"As support, there are things I've found come in handy. The tenets say that if a Jedi ignites his lightsaber, he must be ready to take a life." she'd explain, adding, "But i rather just root them to the ground and have them sit tight for a bit while I cuff them with AEL's nifty anti force cuffs." oh yeah, mischievous eyes would dance at that.

"So, this is where I teach you how to use the Force to stun an organic being. Organic specifically because if you want to stun a droid, that is another method all together." she'd explain.

"Ever been shot with stun weapon Jan?" the overall object was the same; the manipulation of energy that could in essence short out the nervous system so as cause a body to seize momentarily in shock.

"Kinda the same method. We manipulate the Force to overstimulate the nervous system, stunning them for a few seconds."

He thought for a moment, then shook his head. No, no more questions. Simple enough, no need to voice it - and he was quite vocal, most of the time. So he listened to the blonde Lorrdian explain what was next, and a little of how she might use it. He could probably imagine up a few other instances in which such a thing could be of use, but he was hardly here to make up stories (as much as he had thrived on that in the creation of music). There was a way to stun droids, too? Huh.

"Can't say ah 'ave been, lass," he replied, "ah don't imagine it'd feel verrah nice."

It was only then that a vague whiff of concern slipped across his face. Was he gong to get stunned here?

Kira Talith

Ohhh that smile would turn into a wolfish grin.

"Is that so?" came her tittling remark, already starting to walk a slow half circle around her padawan. Oh there was devilry in her eyes. The kind of mischief one would akin to that of impish delight.

"One should always know how a stun is supposed to feel... after all," a sly impish grin took hold, "It's the only way to truly understand how it works at the fullest."

Okay, so may she was enjoying this a bit too much. But it was all in good fun.

"Don't worry," here came the wink! "This won't hurt... too much!"

And just like that, Jannik's Master sent a charge of Force energy just strong enough to give him a slight stun. It wouldn't cause him to collapse, that was more Force Paralyze. But she was aiming at turning his arm limp and tingly for a few seconds.

Her teasing question, the way she began to move around him sent a small spike of wariness through him that was tempered by knowing for all she had done so far this first day of training, his first lesson as a padawan with a Master that was dedicated to his training, was not hurt him. She circled him, and she spoke, and he got the feel for her intentions before she blatantly told him what she would do, which made him tense slightly. Then it came, a zap of sorts that numbed and limped his left arm, and made him jump a little.

"Owwtch!" he exclaimed, more out of surprise than any sort of pain, for though he knew it was coming, he didn't know where or how it would feel. "Ah think ah get it now, lass."

He rubbed at his upper left arm, giving [member="Kira Liadain"] a pained-yet-humoured look. He was starting to catch on to what he believed was a sadistic streak in her.

"So, how does tha' work," he asked with a growing grin at the thought, "an' do ah get tae do the same tae ye?"

Kira Talith

"It can pack a sting." The Lorrdian Master would tell him, chuckling a bit.

Kira would grin at [member="Jannik Morlandt"] with a silly grin. "If it makes you feel any better, once we get to the how, " A finger would point to her direction. "I'm the guinea pig you'll zap in turn. I've been zapped by padawans quite a bit, trust me. "

"Well, to begin, gotta remember that our own bodies, have a system that conducts energy through it to allow us to move, jump... run.. feel. It's the nervous system."

She would begin to explain. This is where that ability to sense the life and the flow of the current of the Force came in. "Just like a droid, if you send too much energy and redirect it to a specific area... you can end up overloading those nerves. Overstimulating them to the point that they send the nearby muscles to tense and seize.

Force stun works in that way to temporarily stun a specific area, part, or an entire person for a small amount of time. An advanced version of this is Force Paralysis, and at Master level... you are seeing things like Force Stasis.

So, to start," her hands and fingers would wave at him, beckoning towards her. "Read me. Use the Force. Feel how the Force flows through me and my nervous system. Map that energy.

After that.. manipulate the Force to send a small charge of energy to zap my arm."

He listened to [member="Kira Liadain"] explain this thing to him, his grin cracking to a light laugh when she informed him that she would in fact be the subject on which he would test this technique. She was such a good sport, and it exemplified the idea of 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you', or 'don't dish out what you can't take'. He could agree with that, even if it couldn't always apply to every situation - that would be being literal.

"A'right," he said, nodding, then proceeded to reach out with the Force to feel her out and get a good, solid read on her energies, how the Force flowed through her cells, noting how it matched to the construct of her body as well - musculature, nervous system, and more besides. Was he nervous? Perhaps a little, or even a bit more than a little; after all, inconveniencing someone on purpose wasn't something he was prone to doing. He took a deep, calming breath to quell his nerves and focused on where he would want to zap her. Then, with a gathering of energy, manipulated just so, he sent a small charge to her left arm with wide eyes, hoping his aim wasn't off...

...and cringing a smidge as the charge shot out towards her.

Kira Talith

[member="Jannik Morlandt"]

"Gah!" Kira gave a small twitch at feeling the mass of energy enter her. It did stun her arm, but it also sure did make her tongue numb. Along with getting that awkward prickly feeling along her limbs akin to when your foot or leg falls asleep.

"Ohh.. owhwhw." she said, shaking her arm to try and get the sensation back in her limbs. It was quite the comical scene -- a petite blonde Jedi Master wiggling her numb arm. Oh.. this was the WORST!

It was like a dozen painful little needles all over.

Wow, he certainly gave it some POW didn't he?!

[member="Kira Liadain"]

When it hit her, he was taken quite aback with her reaction, such that he froze with those wide eyes for a good moment or two. That was considerably more than his reaction to her strike. It concerned him, and that concern was written plain as day across his face.

"Are ye a'right, missy Kira?"

His brow furrowed, because it sure didn't look like she was alright, but how was he to know? He'd never done this before now! He began to look a little sheepish, then.

"Ah'm... ehm... ah'm sorry, lass. Really, I am."

Kira Talith

"ahm fphene!" I'm fine! Kira managed to garble out. Her tongue was still numb.

"Oahh vhat vhel veyrd." Oh that feels weird. She added, but who knew if [member="Jannik Morlandt"] was able to understand her. Her nose wiggled a bit, for it had begun to itch.

She felt the warmth of her hand on her arm as she would wiggle it, but the prickly feeling wasn't fading away just yet.

"Vhat vhas gud!" That was good! she told him with some measure of praise. "ah bit too gud." a bit too good.

Enter another wiggle of her nose and working of her mouth.

[member="Kira Liadain"]

Her attempts to speak came out out garbled, as if the metaphorical cat had caught her tongue for real - he choked a laugh in his throat but that didn't hold, next thing being that his right fist was jammed between his teeth in a last attempt to stifle his amusement... and yet it was etched quite plainly across his face. It was a reaction he couldn't beat down, the schadenfreude that pounded up on the shores of his somewhat guilt-streaked psyche.

"But ah hit y'arm, lass! How...?"

He shook his head and began laughing freely, in disbelief at himself and at her.

"Ohhh, by th'Force," he muttered, his eyes making it around to the blonde after another few moments, "y'sure ye'll be a'right?"

Kira Talith

His laughter was infectious and the Lorrdian Jedi Master couldn't help but grin. It was a laugh that would flow over his entire body, shine in his eyes and in the slight pucker of dimples that was hidden within the shadow that lined his swarthy face.

"Nervves." she said explaining. One thing connected to the other. It hadn't been the first time this happened to her. Kira gave an idle wave of her hand at [member="Jannik Morlandt"] "A'wm fyne." her voice came a bit clearer that time. She was getting sensation back into her limb and .. well tongue.

Although she couldn't seem to stop from wiggling her nose. It just wouldn't stop itching.

"Doo yoo ave awny kwestshuns?" she asked him, with that comically garbled voice at the scruffy faced Jan. She knew she sounded hilarious, and the impish mischief in her eyes reflected that.

But that was how Kira taught the padawans and younglings. Through laughter.

[member="Kira Liadain"]

He nodded acceptance: she was a master and she did say she'd been zapped by other students before. Oh, that was right! Nerves, connected, of course. All the nose-wiggling was kind of funny, and made him think of rabbits he'd seen in pet-shop windows from time-to-time.

"Questions?" he said, mostly mouthing the word, and promptly shaking his head, "Nay. None."

With all of the laughter, this day was a good first lesson in his life with the Jedi; maybe it would be alright, leaving things behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom