Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debriefing

Faith stood quietly waiting in the courtyard, she asked [member="Jack Sparrow"] to join her here so that they could speak. What she had to say she would not reveal among the many gossip mongers of the the Senate building.

Her head hurt from the night before, all the celebrating for having lost the race. She as far as she knew was still Minister of Intelligence and she needed to bring Jack up to speed on the two things that lingered.

Two things that...affected the Republic.

Jack took gulping lungfuls of fresh air, the better to fill his lungs and clear his head. His hands were clasped behind his back, and his steps were light, and if he were hungover his walk gave no indication. His red-rimmed eyes, however, spoke of a long night indeed.

The courtyard had been proofed against spying and was swept three times a day by droids to make sure no one had snuck in a camera or listening device. Additionally, sound bafflers and digital scramblers had been installed. All in all, a perfect place for a tryst, an assignation, or a nice quiet lunch.

Jack approached [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] with his arms outstretched and a genuine smile on his face, wrapping her in a hug that was someone less urgent than the one he'd received from her a scant few weeks ago.

"Hello love. Quite a carnival, eh? You were smashing, though you look somewhat the worse for wear for it." He brushed a strand of hair out of the senator's eyes.

Faith laughed, "Yea I need a bit of the hair of the dog that bit me if you know what I mean" She hugged him back, and sighed in relief, "You're always warm jack, you should marry me now"

She hugged him again, and then stepped back.

"Sweetie we must talk business. Things left undone by the former leader, and need to be dealt with. So..." She smiled what a rogue he could be. "You settled in and ready?"

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Jack raised an eyebrow. "Sure you don't want to get married first? Think of the publicity. Not to mention the children. They'd be stunning, you must admit." Jack looked up, squinted, thought better of it, and looked around for a moment. Spotting a stone bench beneath a shady tree he sat, patting the space next to him. "All right then, Minister. Debrief me."

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

They walked to the bench and Faith. well she wasn't one to beat around the bushes. "Jack I'm going to be direct, cause...I don't know how to tactful when situations grow in importance so...forgive me for not sugar coating this"

She took a breath -

"Jack first...Senator [member="Lady Kay"] is a jedi, and she's been hanging around the Sith. One Sith actually taught her to hide her force signature, and..while she may not be a threat one of my agents [member="Fixx Kearney"] has been with her since we made this discover in hopes of luring the Sith back out, but so far...its not happened. And as you know we have rules about force users in the Senate. There is more of course than this."

She sat still and waited for the words to sink in.

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Jack sighed and looked at the ground, his hands clasped before them, fingers intertwined. He thought for a long minutes before speaking.

"I believe we'll need to ask her to resign her seat," he said finally. "The Senate is clear: no Jedi. If word gets out, let alone the fact that she's been trained by and is associating with the Sith..." Jack let the rest of the sentence die. "The question then becomes one of formal censure and recall hearing rather than a private meeting. Unless," he tapped his foot abesently. "Does Senator Kay know we know? Does she know what's coming? We may be able to use this. If she were to agree to formally resign from the Senate, she could go back to the Sith with a story of how she was forced out by the new administration because of her past, and use that to further ingratiate herself with them. It would mean she would become a deep cover spy for us. Is that something you think she would consider?"

Jack looked over at Faith. "And you said something about more? Good news this time, I hope."

Faith nodded, "Yes Jack she knows what we know, and she provided a lot of the information herself once questioned. I can speak to her if you would like, but I think at this point, you should. I'm sure she's waiting, and expecting something like this." It gave Faith no pleasure to have to give Jack news like this, but the inner turmoil of the Republic was one of the weaknesses that needed to be strengthened. "I think she would consider it, but I also think she looks upon the Sith that helped her, as friends and would not betray them. [member="Lady Kay"] tries her best to do the right thing, and I know she never wanted to hurt the Republic. but it wasn't until we began looking into her activities, and speaking with her that she revealed these other things."

Faith didn't say she had been taken back by it all, she had thought oh good she's helping slaves. no that she was making friends with the Sith. If she were no longer a Senator, it would allow her to pursue the slavers on her own.

Faith wanted to address this next subject with some care it would be volatile no matter what was done, "Jack, I would like to remove Ali Hadrix from GRIM, the attention that she is currently receiving I think could damage the anonymous nature we try to keep to do intelligence work. I also believe that we should assign someone to investigate her activities to ensure that the Republic isn't exposed any further than what it has been."

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

"Can we remove her quietly, or are we shaking a viper wasp vine?" asked the Supreme Chancellor. "I agree she needs to be dealt with, but we don't want her scurrying off with her secrets to someone who bears us ill-will. Also too, who've you in mind to replace our little wastrel?"

"Remove [member="Ali Hadrix"] quietly we don't need anymore attention than we've already gotten. I"d like to see [member="Fixx Kearney"] in that spot, he's knowledgeable a great field agent, course he want to continue being a field agent but I think that is manageable. And he lives and breaths GRIM"

Faith smiled at Jack, "and I need vacation Jack, I've been doing this for a while, and a week off would do me wonders."

If he only knew how many planets she had been on since becoming MInister.

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

"That may be more difficult that you imagine," Jack replied. "The Mandalorians want her. It's a condition of our cease fire. If we allow her to slip away, they're going to be quite...incommoded. I think, instead, we need to turn her over. If she won't go, we've no other choice but to call for her arrest. I understand she's got a bounty on her head already. If so, the word will spread quickly. If she manages to escape," Jack shrugged. "At least the Mandalorians will know we tried. As for her successor, I'll be honest with you, I know nothing of your Mr. Kearney. I'd like the opportunity to speak with him and review his record, but of course your word carries quite a bit of weight." He sighed. "And then, my lovely, yes, take a few days to yourself. The Republic won't slip that much further away from us while you're gone. Have a drink. Kiss a boy. Get some sleep."

"Not officially. Lining up all our waterfowl in a row first. Trial, Mandalorians, removal from office, my plan is to not prolong the pain, but to tear the bacta patch off all at once, to use a medical phrase." Jack regarded the lovely woman. "Tell me that's all. Please." He smiled, giving lie to the pleading tone in his voice.

"That's it for now. Its more than enough. There's other things,but I'm sure it will read it's ugly head soon enough"

Faith was tired. "Ok So I'll do the peace negotiations and then head home for a week. Keep the republic,fires,burning"

[member="Jack Sparrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom