Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deathwatch [Faction Ad]

Y3AjXr1.png

We Mando’ade have fallen ill from accursed fruit, we have fallen lax from our ancestral ways of war and conquest which made us, which made the Mandalorians, who they are. This accursed fruit must be burned, root and stem, and our seeds planted anew.
~Reformation of Deathwatch, Kir Vizsla

t7sXBIC.png

The grandiose title of being called a ‘Mandalorian’ held sway in a galaxy, a galaxy far from the one people find themselves in today. In that galaxy, these Mandalorians were fighters, protectors, conquerors – everything true to the code of what a warrior should be. Everything that a warrior should strive to be, and more. These people were not of a singular species, but of many, forming a collective cultural union of conquerors who strove to keep all they found to protect those that they wanted to keep safe most. This culture, this culture of another galaxy, was the society of what the Mando’ade should be.

Old galaxies, however, fall away into the abstracts and confusions of history. Misinformation and dissatisfaction and ignorance led away from the galaxy of the past and it created the new galaxy of the present. A place in the cosmos of stellar objects, the once-mighty warriors now sat on cradles of metal, shackled to the wills of others as they bask in the laurels of glorious deeds past. They were akin to babes’ now, foolish and weak. Their complacent and pacifistic ways had sought to such a thing, without war and without conquering, there was no longer a need to be strong. At least, that is the view of these pretenders, of these...Mandalorians, as they have come to call themselves now to this present day. Fictitious flags and promises have been uttered from the lips of liars and deceivers, bringing to the Mando’ade nothing but bitterness and regret, such things that stem from the diseased fruits of the ‘modern’ Mandalorians.

These latter-day Mandalorians with their peace-loving ways need to be brought down to the level of commoners, they do no deserve the titles of past warriors, they do not deserve the titles of past, they deserve nothing, save for the comforts of their diplomatic chains. They cannot defend themselves...they are no Mandalorians...not now, not ever.

t7sXBIC.png

Deathwatch, Vuhyusavr Yalilyr, the Dabida Gtasi’dr, comes as a hopefully new breath of fresh air into the idea of Mandalorian factions. The faction strives to bring about the great conquests and raids for which the Mandalorians are so known for, to evoke that sense of a warrior-culture and the gravitas that comes with being renowned as the ‘greatest warriors in the galaxy’ as Mandalorians once were known as. It goes to the roots of the Mandalorians, doing away with pacifism and idealism to try and build a new community of individuals seeking coin and conquest.

Though centered around the central concept of the ‘Old Mandalorians’ as I’ll call the war-mongering Mandalorian culture of old, the faction will rely on suggestions from its very own community of writers as well to try and build a new culture. Suggestions and ideas for threads will be taken into account and discussed before a decision is made, the faction will seek to be all-inclusive in most ideas. Some ideas, of course, may not make it through if they appear to be too drastic in contrast to the faction. However, saying the idea and allowing your voice to be heard will help the most to allow staff to determine user-suggested direction of the faction. Centrally, though, Deathwatch will remain a faction of conquerors and fighters as the canon Deathwatch was. There will be a few alterations, though those will all come in time. One such said alteration will be a policy of a distaste and hate for force users. This idea will be expanded on in time, though this idea does not detract from inclusivity in the faction in regards to force-sensitive player characters. It will and can offer a unique direction for said characters, though a difficult one nonetheless through the struggle of bigotry and hate and death

Please click the following link to be re-directed towards the faction page [Click Here]
Please click the following link to join the faction discord [Click Here]
t7sXBIC.png

Frequently-Asked Questions

Q: Is this faction open to other species besides humans?
A: Yes, most definitely. I do not seek to refuse anyone who wants to join Deathwatch. I strive to create an all-inclusive and hopefully member-suggested faction which utilizes unique concepts as well, so all are welcome into the Mandalorian fold.

Q: If my character is not a traditional Mandalorian (human and from a Mandalorian clan) will they be looked down on?
A: Short answer, no. Long answer, yes. This version of Deathwatch is all-inclusive in regards to housing all different species, bipedal or not. However, members of Mandalorian clans carry with them the pride and prestige of being a member of a traditional clan, whereas those who are outsiders do not have such prestige allocated to their name. They will be looked down on by some and viewed as equals with others. This helps to add an interesting concept of ‘Clan Pride’ as I’ll call it for the moment being, where outsiders may be distrusted by members of clan or not so.

Q: What differentiates you from other Mandalorian factions?
A: In regards to being different from other current Mandalorian factions, I seek to re-establish the Mandalorians as warriors and conquerors. This will involve, in essence, the possibility of many skirmishes and invasions and PvP threads. Such things will be between Deathwatch and another faction, however, there will be a concept of ‘Warring Clans’ thrown into the mix. This is where each faction will fight among themselves for resources and territory and control, with their own technology and people (or mercenaries) of course. I haven’t fully planned out this concept in its entirety yet, though that will come in due time.

Q: How do you plan to implement the multiple warring clans idea?
A: The multiple warring clans idea will be where clans will fight over both territory and resources. Such things can take place within dominions and faction threads as well. About every one to three months, the clan with the highest ‘score’ will have access to exclusive tech made by me. If they do not keep up with their score, such tech will be taken away and given to whoever surpasses them. Now, there is the issue of balance coming into play…’What if one clan has one member and another has four members.’ To prevent their being unbalanced circumstances such as this, champion battles will exist. This is where the champion of each clan, the champion is voted on by said members of the clan, will fight. Instead of depending solely on numbers, it will depend on the writer's ability to write a compelling story and duel. The only limit is your imagination.

Q: How will your organization structure go in regards to the military and government?
A: The military structure will follow closely to that of the military structure of the Romans, leading to such things as “Deathwatch Legionnaires” and “Deathwatch Legates” among other things. The reason as to why stems from my love of the Classical/Bronze Era, and to help this incarnation of Deathwatch stand out and set itself out as unique.
In regards to the government structure and government positions, this will follow closely with many late imperial regimes, both that had existed in real life and that do exist within fictional settings. Unlike typical Mandalorian factions, Deathwatch will have a more rigid and centralized command structure to help streamline promotions and IC goings.

Q: Can force-sensitive characters join your faction despite the hostility towards them?
A: Yes they can. That is all I will say on this for the moment being, though keep your eyes and ears open, I am currently in the process of planning things for force-sensitive individuals within Deathwatch though I have nothing concrete yet. But you have not been forgotten!

Q: How will your faction function in regards to other factions? What about potential allies later down the line?
A: Deathwatch will act as a conquering horde, think of the Huns or Mongols as a very general and loose example. They live to conquer and to restore the ways of the Old Mandalorians and they will fight back against anything which dares to stand in their way. That is not to say they cannot have allies. Though, they would seek to strike bargains with allies. Something along the lines of “You give me this, I give you that,” though instead of simple defensive pacts being what was bargained for, it could be anything from ships to planets.

Q: What is the factions stance on the 'Jedi' and 'Sith'?
A: They view the Jedi with great mistrust and hate for things done to their people in many centuries past. Old wounds do not die, they fester and grow to consume their host. Much as Deathwatch would grow to consume an old enemy, the Jedi. The same could be said for the Sith as well, though Deathwatch is more receptive to allying with the Sith due to their strength alone. For their hate of force-users, they can play nice and pretend to be allies to let things unfold for them to come in with the sword and strike at their once-allies.

[If you have any further questions or concerns you may ask me.]

[member="Fabula Caromed"]

1. For starters, I plan on implementing a system where the clans will fight over territory and resources to be renowned as the 'best clan' among all others. This will involve a self-created map of sorts and will most likely have to be reserved for major status if that happens. If it doesn't happen, I'll go about creating a map or two of a few systems for the clans to fight over. From this, the 'victor,' the clan with the highest increase in territory and resources will have access to exclusive technology for a period of 1 - 3 months, the same amount of time the competition will go on to claim the victors spot. ICly, this will allow the clan more say in matters and be looked up to by others clans either as a shining example, or as a tower meant to be toppled.

2. There will be an anti-force user aspect with this version of Deathwatch, with them viewing force users as the reason for the fall of current Mandalorian leadership into more pacifistic ways. Now with this anti-force user aspect in mind, their is potential for a secret order of force users within Deathwatch later down the line, pointing at the hypocrisy of the Deathwatch leadership. This secret order would act more-or-less as a breed of super-soldiers, at least, that would be what the leadership of Deathwatch would be trying to do. Deathwatch will utilize force-enhanced weapons despite their hate for force-users, because they don't want to see such powerful weapons falling into the hands of 'lesser peoples.'

3. In regards to threads, we won't simply be limited to those of solely fighting others and conquering worlds. While fun, their will be user-driven and user-created stories. So for example, a treasure hunt to kill the big bad dragon in the cave. While simple in concept, I'm trying to focus some on user-suggested ideas to drive home that the faction is player-driven and that we won't be entirely limited within the confines of the dictated narrative for the faction.

4. This time, the symbol is red. :p

[member="Runi Verin"]

Ah well, hm...I'll have to fix that, honestly forgot there was a space between the two. Thanks for telling me, I'll have to fix that for the future and what not.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Kir Vizsla said:
1. For starters, I plan on implementing a system where the clans will fight over territory and resources to be renowned as the 'best clan' among all others.
Who is the one dictating this from the start/how do you plan on reconciling lands already "claimed" by clans over the 6 year history of Chaos?

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

I suppose the one dictating it would be Kir himself, trying to find who is the strongest among the Mandalorians to get the best warriors from. I was thinking of having clan members vote on what lands they wanted to start on OOCly and then work from there. ICly, it would be viewed as a "time to start from the beginning," even though they are trying to follow in the footsteps of those from the past, currently living Mandalorians need to prove that they are Mandalorians and they need to forge their own destiny, instead of forcing themselves to follow in their ancestors footsteps step-by-step.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Kir Vizsla said:
ICly, it would be viewed as a "time to start from the beginning,

And Mandos that say "Who is this Kir guy and why does he have any say on lands we've held for decades?" Cause...there are some pretty big clans out there already and i can tell you most of us aren't just gonna say "oh, okie time to do a resettie"

[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

They will still hold their ancestral lands on the planet of Mandalore and within the system of Mandalore, their will be some neutral systems as well where land can be held freely. What I'm talking about is exterior systems/hexes away from Mandalore or wherever Deathwatch chooses to establish itself as a major contender in the Galaxy, those systems will be fought over, not those lands held on Mandalore. I hope this clears things up, let me know if it didn't please.

[member="Olivia Dem'adas"]

How dare you...real Mandalorians don't drink tea. Bleh. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom