Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Deathbell Supremacy Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
yukikaze_maze_by_1wyrmshadow1-d3bdjzq.png
Yukikaze_FFR_41MR_FRX_00_Mave_by_bagera3005.png

Image Credit: FFR-41MR Mave :: Yukikaze
Intent: The mother of all Anti-Starcraft Dogfighters, made solely for Top Gun combat against other starfighters. Also, nostalgia.
Development Thread:

Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives, Adamithium licensed by Subach-Innes
Model: RRDI: Deathbell Supremacy Fighter
Affiliation: Closed Market (SSB Booth)
Restrictions: See Production Notes
Modularity: Modular missile carry
Production: Limited Production (No more than 4 per person/organization)
Material: Adamithium RAM Spaceframe, Titanium-Desh Alloy Chassis, Ceramic EMP-Resistant Insulation, Light-Dimming Transparisteel Canopy, Pontite Cloaking Device
Description: Developed exclusively for the Selective Market and sold at RRDI's South System's Bazaar booth only, the Deathbell is Ri'ess Regal's first and only elite production fighter. It is designed specifically with dogfighting in mind, and was given the best possible loadout of air-to-air armaments and systems. The ghastly Deathbell is the pinnacle of anti-fighter technology, made particularly for the role, though it stands a limited effectiveness against stationary targets and vehicular targets as well so long as the bomb/missile payload suits the target in question. Purchasing a Deathbell involves a very strict customer screening process to make sure that only the most qualified and responsible pilots are permitted to purchase any, and credit check declines are common. They will never be sold to a member of a competing faction or corporation (the only exception being Domino because I didn't think about this before her order, and I trust her OOC).

The Deathbell is equipped internally with a small Pontite-based stealth cloaking generator which, coupled with the ceramic thrust vectors and underside filters, mask emissions to trace levels and make the craft almost completely transparent so that it cannot be accurately detected by sensors or visual aid. This requires a significant amount of power, however, thus weapons and targeting systems cannot be active while the cloaking generator is engaged (with the exception of the jammer pods). Stealth can be active for prolonged periods of time, however protracted use will result in the plasma conduit powerplants requiring replacement or refreshment up to 33% sooner. Due to energy demands and general flight stability, a maximum speed of Class-2.5 can be achieved while in stealth.
(Thanks to Saran Drast for helping me with the stealth description.)
It was decided by RRDI's executive engineers, experienced from a hundred years and three generations of service, that the missile payload should be carried externally and on pylons, similar to the ever-successful Solace-Class Heavy Starfighter with its six carry pylons. However, the space it took on the Deathbell was consolidated to conserve space, reduce weight and increase defensibility of the payload. The convenient design of the solid wing-pylons is that up to four standard missiles per wing can be carried, or as much as two extra-heavy (4x value after modifiers) missile warheads can be carried per wing, on the primary underside facet. This allows the missile payload to be highly modular but also compatible with non-Deathbell missiles of almost any kind. The standard payload for a Deathbell fighter OEM however is two Heavy Concussion Missiles capable of extended ranges, and two Homing Concussion Missiles capable of actively seeking a target in medium range; per wing.
Subach-Innes makes roughly 7% of sales per unit for the Adamithium license. ([member="Enigma"])
Classification: Elite Starfighter
Role: Elite Starfighter
Height: 6.29 m.
Width: 14.53 m.
Length: 18.10 m.
Power Core Generator/Reactor:

Hyperdrive Rating: 1.0
Minimum Crew: 1, Pilot
Optimal Crew:

• 2, Pilot, Gunner
OR
  • 2, Pilot, AstroMech Droid
Armaments:

Hangar:
  • None
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Includes Two MMSHMD-A01A Helmets
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • HoloNet Transceiver
  • Standard Particle/Ray Shield Generator
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Advanced Sensor Array
  • Advanced Targeting Systems
  • Pontite Cloaking System (Non-Combat)
  • Pre-Installed PSIS-M System (Removable)
  • Nose-Mounted FLIR
  • Ceramic Thrust Vectors
  • Flares, Chaff
Passenger Capacity: n/a
Cargo Capacity: 30 kg.
Consumables: 3 days air for two, 14 days food/water for two
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 1.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFEAwJ0qh7w

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Ayden Cater"] - I'll list them all. Note that the only Elites I've ever made are listed here. If it's not listed, it's not Elite.

Solace Class - This was a Heavy Starfighter, but in site terminology, the only thing that fit the bill was Elite. I recalled them because they ended up being so strong, but have started to sell them in limited quantities again. Like most of my stuff, I've offered it to the CIS for exclusive contract by Isley's request.

Vakhul'kun - Denied and archived.

Star Scythe - Cancelled and requested for archival.

Ariamis Class - True 1st - This is an incredibly exclusive starfighter of which only five were ever made, and distributed to specific individuals whom were all participants in the project. It's far from standard, and took nearly three dev threads to make.

Deathbell - True 2nd - What you're looking at now. These are made purely for dogfights and a high-profile market. First and only one with full stealth.

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Of course it needs an explanation. Cloaks are not standard on a starfighter for a reason. There are drawbacks to putting such a system on a starfighter, and you yourself have gone and labeled it as (Non-Combat). What does that mean? What are the details there?

Saera Willamina Savan

Ayden Cater said:

Of course it needs an explanation. Cloaks are not standard on a starfighter for a reason. There are drawbacks to putting such a system on a starfighter, and you yourself have gone and labeled it as (Non-Combat). What does that mean? What are the details there?
I was told cloaks can't, literally can't, be used in combat, and the details here are no different than the canon piece of tech that is now hyperlinked in the submission.

Looking at some of these systems, this seems more of an atmospheric fighter jet than a starfighter. Air flaps and scoops don't really serve any kind of necessary function, either in space or in general within the Star Wars universe. Fighters have such powerful engines and shields that they don't have to worry about such things. Is this intended to be an atmospheric fighter or a starfighter?

Homing missiles have a x2 modifier, and several of your missile types are designed as homing missiles. As well, Star Wars doesn't really have things like QAAMs and the like. So you're either going to have to change them completely, or you're going to need to do a tech sub for them.

Alright, this just about looks ready for approval. I appreciate your patience on this. Only other thing I'd like to see is a little blurb in the description going over the decision to place full-sized missiles on the exterior of the craft. Once that's done, this'll be stamped and ready for final approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom