Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death with a side of Chaos, king sized.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I have always wanted to remote hyperjump a star destroyer into a major City. I was thinking the Fel capital and the Jedi temple. Now that I have an AIS framework, all of that is possible with relative ease. Thoughts? :3

Dredge is in love now... I'd totally do this. Unfortunately it would be a huge risk.

Mainly because I know the Jedi Admins wouldn't appreciate if we did that to their temple. The only way we could do this is if we did it on a smaller scale. Like what if we were in a fleet battle and, when or if we had to leave/retreat, we could jump to light speed and destroy one of their ships, allowing everyone else to escape.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
They don't have to appreciate it. Who the hell appreciates being killed? xD
They just have to deal with it. They are faction admins, their power ends outside of their forum, lol. Its -our- ship... well, you know what I mean, LOL.

Tell you what, I won't crash it, I'll just derelict it and rig its core to blow while it floats over the city. :3

Nyxie

【夢狐】
You're talking about fighting the Republic and carrying out mass genocide...

And you call THIS a dick move? xD

War is war. It's not like we're Death Star III'ing Anaxes.

Psychological warfare 101. Demoralization.

Honestly what she is proposing is different from what I would do which is crash the ships directly into important buildings of the republic, but it is [no offence ayna] it is also a bit out there since I don't see us being able to make jumps like that, Hypergates/Star Gates are disallowed here so the only other way would be to enter atmosphere and then do a quick hyper jump to try and land the ship where you need it.

although I am no expert pilot, but this is only from my opinion. Not meant to upset anyone..

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
My key problem with it is, from a scientific standpoint IC, it would destroy the planet. Its one thing when one explodes above the planet, or a large chunk of the ship loses all power and falls toward the planet. But your suggesting, sending millions of tons of metal at hyperspace jump into a planet. That in scientific terms is actually referred as a global killer.

you can't hyper jump into the atmosphere. gravity fields pull you out of hyperspace.

basically what interdictors are for. so yeah. that's actually impossible.

you'd still be dragged out of orbit. and depending on whether or not they have gravity mines around their capital...well um.

plus sensors on ships can sense a ship way before they jump into a system.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Alright, I'll use a Glaive equipped with SEWACS and jammers, and load a warhead in it. Hard to detect, impossible to track.

Blow it over some chunk of the city, taking a portion of it with it, and potentially decimating the temple. Left open to interpretation of finer details of damage, of course.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Technically, I am jamming my own signature across all spectrums, rendering their sensors useless agaist it. So in a sense.

They'll probably read a close proximity jump of a small scale but besides that, the trail will go dead. By the time they have it in visual range, it'll be too late and we can just det the head.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
The ship drops out of hyperspace near a gravity well because of safeties in the hyperdrive. You would have to remove the safties to use hyperdrive in a gravity well. The reason no one does it is because the stress from a hyperjump combined with even low gravity would rip the ship apart.

Just food for thought.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Kalordo Lah"] you do realize we're talking about a specialized frigate piloted remotely by an AI made for this kind of networking, right? Even if it rips apart, where do you think all of that matter and the warhead onboard is going to go?

Anyways, the ship I have ready for this is perfectly capable of jumping outside of the planet's sphere and entering undetected. It is also capable of covering a 5,000km space with sensor readings. Unless they have littered the entire outer atmosphere with stealth mines and have a Hubble telescope pointed straight for it, we're getting in just fine.

I play war by war's rules, but I'm not a jerk. I'm going to notify them of the intentions once everything is underway. Then we'll make the thread, and they'll have ample time and warning to try and minimize the damage to the best of their abilities. They'll probably want to hack/slice the ship's navigation, so we'll just have to make sure the warhead is on a timed detonation or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom