Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech DDC X-02 Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
fb45f355933895.599d365f7a297.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Devlin is creating droids to act as his personal guards and for other purposes.
  • Image Source: Thiago Almeida
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Devlin Dara
  • Affiliation: Devlin Dara
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: DDC X-02 Queen
  • Modularity: Yes. Armaments or equipped gear.
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Ultrachrome and Durasteel
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Fourth
  • Weight: Light
  • Height: Average
  • Movement: Bipedal and Repulsor for walking or flying.
  • Armaments:
    • Hands: Are capable of shooting Ion Beams. These beams can be sustained on a target or fired like a projectile blaster.
  • Misc. Equipment:
    • Powerful Shield
    • Sensors
  • Resistances (Optional):
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): Very High
    • Kinetic: Low
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Other:
      • Elemental: Average
      • EMP/ION: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Queen is designed to be a flying bipedal droid unit that his highly resistant to blaster fire and EMP/ION due to its strong shields and being specifically designed to function when Devlin's other droids might not due to EMP weapons.
  • Queen is compatible with Devlin Dara's force powers of mechu-deru, technometry, and electronic manipulation. As such it is possible for Devlin to control the droid using the force rather than its software and that is often the case. This means when being used in this manner it can only react or process as fast as Devlin can. Unlike his other droid units other than his small hacking droid the Queen is capable of being a conduit for Devlin's force powers. This allows it to use the force powers Devlin knows so long as Devlin is physically controlling it with the force.
STRENGTHS
  • Queen is an aerial/hover unit capable of aerial and enhanced maneuvering.
  • The Queen is designed to be Devlin's flagship droid capable of resisting effects that would otherwise disable droids. As such it has strong shields to resist ION/EMP and Blaster fire. Unlike his other models there is very little Ultrachrome to aid with flight capabilities.
WEAKNESSES
  • Queen is lighter and as such is weaker to kinetic energy attacks. Once the shields are disabled it becomes vulnerable.
  • Ultrachrome is very durable against lightsabers but the downside of when in constant contact with such a powerful heat source like it, it is capable of melting an entire plate rather than through a single point.
DESCRIPTION
Queen is designed to be maneuverable aerial droid unit that is part of Devlin's personal collection. The Queen is designed fly, hover, or walk and is a mid-range unit thats main focus is to disable other electronic based units with its Ion beams. All the while its shields capable of resisting most traditional blaster fire. Due to Devlin's capabilities as a technomancer and crafter this unit was specifically designed to work in synch with Devlin and is able to use Devlin's force powers through it as a proxy for him due to his physically frail body but only when it is directly being controlled. Coincidentally because of this feature the Queen unit also can act as a type of conduit allowing Devlin to utilize all of his droids from a longer distance so long as the Queen is functioning.

Last edited:
Devlin Dara Devlin Dara

Welcome to the factory. I will be your judge for today on this submission. Before we get underway, I am In training, and thus I will have another member of the Factory team oversee my judgement and thus will require a secondary approval. Now, to the submission!

1. I will need you to link your characters sheet/Biography as a manufacturer
  2. I will also need you to link the Ultrachrome in the Materials section.
  3. Your resistances and ratings are currently 4 points in the Over Powered department. So adding other forms of weaknesses in the ratings, or reductions of the ratings would be beneficial for this submission to be approved.
Now, onto some questions for you about specifics.

Queen is compatible with Devlin Dara's force powers of mechu-deru, technometry, and electronic manipulation. As such it is possible for Devlin to control the droid using the force rather than its software and that is often the case. This means when being used in this manner it can only react or process as fast as Devlin can. Unlike his other droid units other than his small hacking droid the Queen is capable of being a conduit for Devlin's force powers. This allows it to use the force powers Devlin knows so long as Devlin is physically controlling it with the force.
Just want to make sure we are on the same page here. So the droid cannot act independently from Devlin, and needs to be in constant contact through the force with its creator? Or can it act on its own, but be influenced via the force? Either way, this could be considered a strength and a weakness depending upon how it works.

Coincidentally because of this feature the Queen unit also can act as a type of conduit allowing Devlin to utilize all of his droids from a longer distance so long as the Queen is functioning.
Does this mean that the Queen acts like a Queen bee where the hive interacts with the other guarding units and can trickle down information needed?

Just want to make sure we are on the same page here. So the droid cannot act independently from Devlin, and needs to be in constant contact through the force with its creator? Or can it act on its own, but be influenced via the force? Either way, this could be considered a strength and a weakness depending upon how it works.

The idea is similar to a warging into a creature. The droid has its programming and can act independently but does not have access to the force. While under the effects of Devlin's force powers that allow him to control this particular droid he is able to utilize force powers through it. Think of it like a puppet for his technomancy powers. It is less combat capable while not being controlled.

Coincidentally because of this feature the Queen unit also can act as a type of conduit allowing Devlin to utilize all of his droids from a longer distance so long as the Queen is functioning.

The idea here is yes she is like a queen bee in a way. All the droids are capable of functioning on their own. However there are limits to how many droids or from how far away Devlin can control them. The Queen allows Devlin to in theory be further away and capable of controlling his droids through the force if he wants to. The other droids I have apped do not possess the abilities to use the force but Devlin can control most machine willingly or not but since he created these for himself they are easier to control and the Queen allows him to control them from further away easier.

1. I will need you to link your characters sheet/Biography as a manufacturer
  2. I will also need you to link the Ultrachrome in the Materials section.
  3. Your resistances and ratings are currently 4 points in the Over Powered department. So adding other forms of weaknesses in the ratings, or reductions of the ratings would be beneficial for this submission to be approved.
1 and 2 are done and done. 3 I adjusted some but can add more strengths/weaknesses once the specifics are hammered out :D

Devlin Dara Devlin Dara

Apologies for the tardiness. Real life hit me the past week. Back to your submission.

It is a host of submissions that will be working in tandem as a NPC Military unit/guard unit as you have described. Thank you for your edits. Pending secondary approval.

AMCO AMCO

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar | Devlin Dara Devlin Dara

Still a bit overbalanced, but in the given context I don't really see that as a major issue. It is easily possible to create far less exploitable Resistances while remaining formally balanced when it comes to Unique Droids, after all. There really isn't anything here I consider abusable.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom