Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevagrantbanner.png

D B - 1
srinadroid_4.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To repurpose a prototype droid as a gift.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Core rotating tool belt features a variety of tools and equipment for repair, construction, and maintenance.
  • Droid brain includes hyper-extensive databank on a variety of star charts, information, starship schematics, etc.
  • Droid brain includes holonet uplink with access to all non-classified Roble Manufacturing and subsidy technology schematics to assist in repair.
  • Bacta spray and stim injectant to serve as brief medic and field support.
  • Extensive medical databank, including knowledge of Echani physiology.
  • Resistance to damage, particularly from Ion/EMP sources.
  • Miniaturized tractor beam allows DB-1 to latch onto objects in low or zero-g environments.
  • Capable of slicing and accessing terminals.
  • Well-developed personality matrix.
STRENGTHS
  • Astromech: DB-1 is a small and helpful little astromech, able to float around and fix various mechanisms on starships and vehicles, even technology. It has a wide array of different equipment for a variety of tasks, and its tractor beam allows DB-1 to attach itself to objects in low or zero-g environments.
  • Slicer: DB-1 has a variety of slicing capabilities and can slice a terminal, computer, or holonet database, given enough time.
  • Healer: With bacta-spray (nominally using green bacta, but can use any type of the biopharmaceutical) and stim-injections, DB-1 can give medical assistance on the fly when access to more comprehensive care is unavailable.
WEAKNESSES
  • Non-Combatant: The droid does not feature any sort of armaments and is not suited for a combat role.
  • Prototype: Given the uniqueness of DB-1, replacement parts are harder to procure than mass-manufactured models.
  • Tractor Beam: DB-1's tractor beam more likely than not will not be able to lift or manipulate objects, given the mass-to-mass ratio that DB-1 is usually at a disadvantage in.
DESCRIPTION
Heya, Sister. Thought you'd like this little bugger I found around the workshop.

The thing's name is DB-1, seems to respond to Deebie as well. I checked it up on Industrial Automaton and Roble's bases and looks like it's a one-of-a-kind model; some prototype that Automaton tossed and somehow ended up in our labs. Anyways, I thought I'd repurpose it up, give it a new paint job and personality matrix, and include it with this little package I've sent you.

It may just seem like a bubbly, floating cutie, but Deebie has a lot of surprises that I stored away. First, it'll help you with that new starship you'll be getting -- it has probably one of the most extensive databases on starship schematics and equipment that I've seen in an astromech. Who knows, it could probably build its own starship if given the chance. I took the liberty of attaching a modified tractor beam so that it can latch onto things in zero-g, given that it has no conventional treads or mag-locks that most astromech models will use. It also has an extensive and constantly updating database of the entire galaxy, so little ol' Deebie would be a great companion on any voyages you're thinking of undertaking.

I hear you do a lot of fighting, so I thought I'd include something for that as well. Deebie will be able to patch you up when you're in a quick spot. It has a bacta-spray (I filled the tank with Green Bacta, courtesy of Ophidian Consolidated. Give us a holla' if you need some more, it's on the house) and a stim injectant, enough to keep you moving if you're injured. It's no hospital, but it will do the trick in a tight pinch.

Deebie can also pick or slice its way into pretty much anything. You gotta blast door obstructing you? A fusion cutter and beam cutter will do the trick easily. You need to slice into a holodatabase or something of the like? Deebie has got too many scramble keys to count. I couldn't put a more advanced vocabulator on it, so you're going to be stuck with binary -- but hey, its beeps and chirps are kinds of endearing after a while.

Anyway, hope Deebie finds you well. And whatever you do, do not spill caf in it. Believe me, sister, it's not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom